New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

"Absolutely, we do." No one else seemed to bite on the opportunity to pontificate, so the responsibility defaulted. The bardess took a single step forward. "I am Melinda, First of the Three-as-One. I ask your understanding and forgiveness for my use of disguise to gain your presence, your Holiness. I appear to have recently attracted the worst sort of secret admirer - the kind that makes their sentiments known with arrows."

"Anyhow, I'm glad to hear you're already familiar with our prophecy and quest," As she continues to speaks, it becomes clear that there's just something similar about Tishtina II and Zanthia that makes Melinda fall in line. "The news I bear which prompts our visit is that only a few days ago, we succeeded in liberating the soul of our prophet, Cassiopeia, from Kotep Arasin's clutches. In so doing, we also earned the eternal burning enmity of that god, on behalf of any who would follow us in our quest for the Unification.

"Now of course we have rejoiced in our success," she says with a uncompromising smile. "But the truth is that beyond this point, we're not the ones who have the most to gain from this development." Melinda's gaze remains steady, but her attention drifts a bit towards the other women in the room, who hadn't yet been introduced. "We actually just came from Kethiria and a discussion with Elinon Darasis-Domar about this. I spoke to her of my sense that although we who quest for the Unification were the ones who opened this theatre of conflict, we alone don't have the depth of personal resources or the organizational mileage to operate successfully against an established church. And our quest and mission fundamentally lie elsewhere."

"Elinon was most forthcoming on behalf of Lysindra, and committed Lysindra's support by volunteering to escalate operations. Lysindra's rivalry with Kotep is well known. I hope to build further on that commitment, and gather a coalition of likely allies who would together demonstrate their support for our quest for the Unification by moving against Kotep. Family relations aside, the Sisters of Fire and Lightning both also give me hope. I would submit my intuition that both Sisters would have just as much to gain from Kotep's diminishment as Lysindra would.

"So here is our proposition. We're here to officially ask for the Mistress of Lightning's support for the Unification, and to invite her faith to this coalition against Kotep. Additionally, if you would be so kind as to oblige us, we wish to partake of your most renowned insight as to how best to approach this issue with Ailena and her high priest. I've been given to understand that your two faiths enjoy a unique rapport."
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-10-24 at 08:21 PM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

2. - Top - End - #1292

Taleira Ulharvyth

Seeing nobody else speaking up, Tali starts to reply... only to have Melinda beat her to it. Since the bardess is better at diplomacy anyway, Taleira moves on to checking out the people with the high priestess, trying to see if there's any indication why they might be interesting.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Given Glendira's long history with both Tishtina and Sabrina, her view has long been supportive of the Unification. While we dont have the same sort of history with Nocticula, I personally have had dealings with Dalcar, and our faiths have never been in opposition. So I declare, now and publicly, that Glendira supports the prophecy of unification.
    And that you bring news of the diminishment of Kotep are glad tidings indeed. While we dont bear the enmity and history that Lysindra most justifiably has, we have at least 99% of the desire to move against him that she has. We will openly join in any sort of joint missions that she proposes.

Now, on the subject of Ailena and her faith. Her situation with Tishtina is different. Its not that Ailena and Tishtina dont get along, its just that theyve never had much reason to associate. Separated by the walls of S.P.E.L.L. for the longest time, the two of them simply moved in different circles, even after the downfall of that group. I have no doubt they will surely join the campaign against Kotep, if only because they wouldnt want us to claim all the glory. But as for supporting the Unification? They wouldnt oppose it, at least, I dont think they would, but they wouldnt have any reason to support it either. The high priest of Ailena, Clylious Folisar, is a good and reasonable man, and would probably be open to negotiation on the subject. If you found something to appease him and her faith, they might be willing to support you.

Her gaze wanders back to the newcomers as well.

But I can also read your interest in these people. Because of our reputation for bringing together peoples of all faiths in their quest for arcane knowledge, all of them have arrived here at various times to further their own studies. And it just so happens that they happen to be the highest ranking non faculty members of both Tishtina and Sabrina. Given that your own forces have been diminished by members having to pursue the Unification from different angles, my sister suggested, in her own way, that these people might make a strong addition to your team.

Turning to the new people...

Why dont you introduce yourselves?
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

A short, blond woman is standing close to the blue haired girl. At first, she seemed content observing the new arrivals quietly with her cool grey eyes. She looks surprised when Tishtina II asks the group to introduce themselves. She hesitates for a bit, waiting for someone else to volunteer. No such luck. So, she steps forward.

"Seraciel, worshiper of Tishtina. Master Abjurer and talented fighter. It's an honour to meet you, brave adventurers."

Simple, polite, and to the point, but lacking any form of enthusiasm. She continues to eye the group cautiously.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Standing on the other side of Tishtina II from Seraciel stands a woman of medium height and somewhat stockier build. She has somewhat wider shoulders and narrower hips than might be expected for a devotee of Tishtina I, but even from what can be seen of her around her simple white linen Tunic, it's clear that she is in peak physical shape.

But most noticeable of all is that fact that she seems to be carved from green, faintly iridescent stone. Her hair is a stylized extension of her head, rather than a collection of fibers, and her featureless eyes look out at the party from narrow, almost catlike slits.

She lifts a hand in greeting.
    "Hello champions," she says, "My name is Coquika." her voice is low, and carries a slight harmonic buzz. "I have devoted my life to Tishtina. Much like the rest of you, I am a student of both the Art and martial ways." She speaks carefully and deliberately, as if recalling each word from a distance.
    "If my help can contribute to the Glory of the Goddess, then I will do whatever I can."
    Spoiler
    Show

Coquika: Co-KEE-ka
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Among the newcomers stands Selena Neandress, a gorgeous, medium height woman in her mid thirties. Her make-up gives a touch of amiability to the enchantress, assuming very discreet colors. She currently look like an odd field researcher, carrying backback and a sizeable book while using hair pins and lipstick.

There's a lazy bun barely holding her brown hair and a pair of crimson lenses in front of her green eyes. Instead of a dress she is wearing clothes more fit for adventuring. Someone used to see her at the Golden Rose would find her current vestments very odd.

"Buenas, my fellow champions. Name is Selena. Selena Neandress, worshipper of Sabrina, at your service. That's one shattering team we are building right now!"

Instead of just talking she also greets her new teammates with kisses in their cheeks and handshaking.
    Pointing to Ly'kalia*, she says:

"Oh, almost forgot! Please meet Ly'kalia, she's a bit shy sometimes. She's a follower of Nocticula and will help me - us - for a limited time."

When she calls Ly'kalia "shy" she also thinks "Heh, not really. Couldn't forget that magic massage she gave me.".

*I'm assuming Ly'kalia is in a humanoid form.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Ly'Kalia is indeed in humanoid form, however those who have any sort of arcane sight can see she is a
    Spoiler
    Show
    marilith

OOC: I sometimes wonder how many people who dont meet the criteria of the spoiler click on it anyway.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Having been silent so far, the short blue-haired girl finally steps forward. Her blue and white frilled dress seems more fit for a formal occasion than for the rigors of adventuring life, but she moves with a grace that suggests otherwise. She looks no older than 12, but her curious purple eyes hold an amused twinkle that speaks of one much older.

She bows slightly. With a wide smile, she says, "My name is Furude Setsuna, of Sabrina Keldith-sama. It's a pleasure to meet you. I specialize in shadows and illusions. While I may seem young, but rest assured, I am far from inexperienced."

Setsuna giggles slightly and, with a slight pause, gestures to the small lantern archon floating beside her. "Oh, and this is Hakkera. He's a bit lazy, but he's reliable. Most of the time."

A small murmur can be barely heard as she finishes. "Oh shut up Secchan..."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-29 at 09:08 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Seraciel perks up. "Oh right! I forgot about him." She starts digging around in her bags, looking for a certain pouch. "He's the most important guy in my life right now. I can't believe I forgot about him."

She digs around a bit more. Growing increasingly flustered before pulling out some out of the correct pouch. Out comes a rat. A plain, albino rat. Not even particularly clean or well groomed, either. It's a rat. It seems agitated for being handled so roughly.

"This is Larry. Isn't he the greatest! He's sooooo adorable."
    Seraciel swoons.

She holds the rat out in front of her, and peeks out from behind him. She looks over the group with her eyes wild and wide.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Standing at an impressive 8' in height, muscular and slender both, with great white wings, is a woman that must be an angel. She has skin the color of soft green, platinum eyes, and long, straight golden hair.

The hair you can only see by its multi-bound ponytail going down the back. She wears a brilliant, shimmering helmet set with scores of gems of various kinds.

Unlike any angel one might have ever seen before, she wears a special set of (obviously mithral) plate armor, designed to allow for her wings. She wears a tabard of Tishtina - white with pink trim - and bound by an incredibly thick belt. Likewise claiming her allegiance, she wears an amulet of Tishtina that is framed well at her chest, whose dimensions are known, as the armor seems to be made of such incredible detail as to copy every sculpting of her musculature.

She carries no other weapons or equipment.

She is, as are so many here, possessed of an unearthly beauty. Her very presence fills you with a resoluteness that the upper planar powers of goodness and freedom would fill your lungs and heart with bravery and protection.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-10-25 at 05:01 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

11. - Top - End - #1301

Melinda is a short, full-figured woman with dark black skin and long hair in curls. Where she is from, beauty is a woman with the figure of a guitar, and she clearly has the voice to match. At the moment she is dressed for diplomacy, which means she's wearing a heavily embroidered and brightly colored choli, a skirt with patterning that makes her look taller than she is, and the full nested hairdo of a Sabrinite, the kind that incorporates plenty of shiny things on the head and is engineered to fall apart into stages into the most flattering dissheveledness. She seems to wear a confluent and intricate layer of tattoos across her skin, and what shows of her cleavage and her midriff looks like it could have been done in lead-framed stained glass.

She'll cross the space between herself and Tishtina II for introductions, and greet each of the four newcomers separately and personally with kisses on the cheek. Apparently it's just a Sabrinite thing.

"Seraciel," she acknowledges first. Introverts among such a crowd were rare. "I'm Melinda. It's a pleasure. Can I hold him?" Melinda reaches out with her small, slender hands to pet Larry. "He's so cute!...he needs grooming, you know."

"Coquika," she acknowledges. The idea of kissing a statue as a part of meeting them, instead of as a the culmination of a pilgrimage to a holy site, gives Melinda an instant's pause, enough for her to do it with a noticeable laugh. "Welcome. I'm sure we will have plenty a chance to appreciate your talents. I appreciate your devotion. I'm Melinda."

"Selena." The familiarity of the Sabrinite greeting kisses brings a smile to Melinda's face. Their exchange is smooth and intimately ceremonial. "I'm Melinda. I'm glad to hear of your decision to join us. And Ly'Kalia..." Her eyes narrow inquisitively. Is Ly' a prefix? Like Ka'?

"Furude Setsuna," she proceeds to the last of the four, sharing with her too the kiss of recognition. "I'm Melinda. I confess I've never been to your corner of the world. Which is your family name?"

"It's a real pleasure to meet everyone. I owe the illustrious Mistress a great favor for having gathered and cultivated such talent from our ranks." She shrugs, a bit abashedly. "I am the first to represent the Three-as-One. But that's recent stuff. In the past I've been this group's chief healer, and I've always done my best to cultivate the spiritual growth of those who have traveled in our Fellowship."
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-10-25 at 11:53 PM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika is charmed despite herself by the breezy welcome she received from this newcomer. She looks at the assembled host, her gaze resting on the giantess angel. It was nice sometimes to not be the one who stood out the most in a company.
    She tilts her head to one side and speaks in fluent Celestial
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome, Winged Sister, exalted and most distinguished servant.

She bows deeply, and then speaks again
    Spoiler
    Show

You have heard my name. Will you tell me yours?

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dudu View Post
    ...Selena Neandress .... Instead of just talking she also greets her new teammates with kisses inon their cheeks and handshaking.
    As Selena goes in to kiss the drow woman's cheek, the drow woman turns and backs up enough for a kiss to miss. "Name's Drisae, and I'm gonna spurn it til you earn it. Til then, unless it is related to functionality of the mission ... say, like a healing spell .... stay the f*** out of my personal space, b****! Other than that, welcome."

This harsh-mouthed, hard-edged drow woman barely tops five feet, and is likely well under a hundred pounds. Hers is a willowy figure. There is not much in the way of a "figure" on her, and she is very petite. Though her hair is flowing white and not particularly styled, her eyes are unique for her people in that hers are gray instead of red. She is beautiful, of course; while she blows any woman on the street away, in this group she might be a little less than exceptional. Given her demeanor, it actually looks like she might benefit from being in the background.

She wears a skin-tight catsuit with a hood and cloak, a ruby necklace, a gaudy necklace and ring, and a bandolier of daggers. In her hand is a white staff shod with gold.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-10-26 at 02:17 AM.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "Selena." The familiarity of the Sabrinite greeting kisses brings a smile to Melinda's face. Their exchange is smooth and intimately ceremonial. "I'm Melinda. I'm glad to hear of your decision to join us. And Ly'Kalia..." Her eyes narrow inquisitively. Is Ly' a prefix? Like Ka'?
    Ly is indeed a prefix. All mariliths have a name with a prefix like that. In fact, Lysindra's name is actually Ly'Sindra, its merely a human convention to refer to her by the former.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-10-26 at 06:31 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera flinches after being kissed so abruptly. She is blushing heavily. She does not let Melinda hold Larry, but she speak up after a bit of petting. "If he wanted grooming he would have done so himself. He's certainly smart enough to do so, but he's a rat. Rats are like that sometimes."

She eyes Melinda as she makes her rounds, gritting her teeth when she gets to Furude. It's not until she hears that Melinda is considered a healer before she relaxes a little. "Oh, and yes, you may hold Larry."

She practically throws the poor thing at the woman.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-26 at 07:06 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Quote Originally Posted by Seraciel
    "If he wanted grooming he would have done so himself. He's certainly smart enough to do so, but he's a rat. Rats are like that sometimes."
    "Men can be like that too," Melinda chuckles. "And they always want it." She shrugs and smiles bemusedly as she moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ly'Kalia
    Ly' is indeed a prefix. All mariliths have a name with a prefix like that. In fact, Lysindra's name is actually Ly'Sindra, its merely a human convention to refer to her by the former.
    "I understand now," acknowledges Melinda with a smile. "Welcome. Any Emissary of the Three is welcome. For how long do we enjoy the privilege of your company?"

Quote Originally Posted by Seraciel
    "Oh, and yes, you may hold Larry."
    That elicits an eager "Okay." She accepts the rat with a passingly deft catch, and proceeds to take up position at the flank as the introductions go around to give everone else space, petting Larry to take up time.
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-10-26 at 11:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

The smallest member of the company smiles at the newcomers. Peridot is a youngish woman, slender in a not-particularly-careful way, a marked contrast to the beauties among both groups. She is most notable for being half as tall as most of the others, barely 2 and a half feet tall. She wears a rather shapeless blue robe, belted high, and has deep orange hair pulled back into a bun. Her eyes flash blue and green before settling back into a deep pumpkin hue for the moment as she looks over the newcomers.

Dot is perched on the shoulder of a barrel-chested muscular man in his forties, of eastern aspect and sullen manner. He seems oblivious to the niceties of conversation. Standing a few feet behind them is a tall amazonian woman dressed in revealing armour, with a longbow and greatsword jostling each other on her back. Standing next to the woman is a slender teenaged boy in unkempt clothes, looking around the altar room with a feral curiosity.

"Seraciel, Coquika, Selena, Furude, it's a pleasure. I know several of you by reputation, but it's an honour to meet you in person. My name is Peridot. I'm a contract shaper and summoner. And these are Clyde, Tasha and Zippy."

She gestures off-handedly to the man carrying her on his shoulder, the woman behind them and the teenaged boy. There is only a flicker of interest and greeting from any of them.

For those with true seeing or the like:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dot is normally just over five feet tall, and is not wearing make-up - she looks tired and pale. She is sitting on a Bar-Lgura demon wearing a loose suit of clothing clearly adapted but originally for use by a human. Tasha is a succubus, although the clothes and weapons are real. Zippy is a death slaad, naked.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

18. - Top - End - #1308

Furude Setsuna

"Ah..." Setsuna starts a little at Melinda's kiss, then looks off to the side. "Well, I'm not quite sure which region I come from, but Furude is my family name... As much as anything is family..."

She chuckles at Drisae's antics, then raises a finger to the side of her face in curiosity. "Then, I wonder how Selena-san would go about earning this kiss, hmm, Drisae-san?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-26 at 12:07 PM.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I understand now," acknowledges Melinda with a smile. "Welcome. Any Emissary of the Three is welcome. For how long do we enjoy the privilege of your company?"
    I was summoned by Selena, so the choice is partly hers. Of course, Nocticula holds my ultimate loyalty and if she decides I am needed elsewhere, that will be the end of that. If neither of those come to pass, I will be here to see the quest to its completion.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera nods in appreciation at the rest of the team.

She takes another step back at her friend. She embraces Furude, and starts rubbing rubbing her cheek against Furude's like a cat.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Selena is pleased with her new teammates. Drisae was a bit dry (very dry), but she is a drow so that was kind of expected.

She really is relieved to see another sabrinite, though. The followers of Sabrina are warm and welcome, unlike the other followers who, despite powerful, are usually weirdos (Coquika and Drisae comes to Selena's mind).
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

22. - Top - End - #1312

Furude Setsuna

"Eh? Senpai...?" Setsuna shifts her eyes to look at the blond woman currently nuzzling her. A smile and a faint tint of pink appear on her face. She lets Sera continue being a cat for several seconds, then gently leans into her. Wrapping her arms around her neck, Setsuna places her mouth close to Sera's ear.

She whispers, "Sera-senpai... as much as I love your attentions, perhaps it would be more... enjoyable to continue when we are alone, yes?"

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Some same that there are certain sounds or combinations of words that elicit behavior from them that they would consider uncharacteristic of them. For example, the cry of a newborn makes some people want to strike a newborn. That sort of thing. What we have here is one combination of activities that sparked such an uncharacteristic response from Sera.

She stopped nuzzling her companion, but only because she was frozen with shock and embarrassment. Even so, she is blushing and can't keep herself from grinning. Sure, she could be quiet sometimes, but when she does she makes of for her lack of speech in movement. Usually gentle swaying or fidgeting.

"I-I... concur."
    She gives a weak cough.

24. - Top - End - #1314

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira is quite happy to participate in the round of introductions, kissing and all. "I'm Taleira Ulharvyth. I do most of the fighting, along with Atareth there." She indicates the deva with a tilt of her head.

Seraciel
    Spoiler
    Show
    If hugging in public makes you blush, then you'll be a lovely shade of red when you hear 'Linda get into her more interesting metaphors. Tali's telepathy carries an amused tone. No need to be embarrassed on our part; we're all used to displays of affection and then some after being together a while.

Taleira stands 5' 9", with a dancer's physique and a flowing style of movement to match. Her ponytail is tied loosely enough to allow her red hair to frame her blue eyes. She's dressed simply, with a subtly embroidered blue mantle in the desert style over a plain tunic of black silk, cut low and angular to emphasize her breasts. A golden-yellow sash serves her as a belt. Like the others, she wears a ruby necklace; hers has Sabrina's golden rose icon twined into it. The worn hilt of a two-handed sabre protrudes over her right shoulder, trailing an octagonal coin from the pommel. She's certainly attractive enough, but something else about her is compelling above and beyond her appearance. Natural grace, maybe?

Those with True Seeing going can see...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...that Taleira is, in fact, a succubus. Her true form differs from her current look only with the addition of wings, tail, and a stubby pair of horns.
    Last edited by Telasi; 2012-10-27 at 12:46 AM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

25. - Top - End - #1315

Furude Setsuna

Smiling radiantly, Setsuna takes a small step back and winks at Sera. "Wonderful..."

She turns back to the group at large, still with an arm around Sera. Gazing around at the group of champions around her, Setsuna laughs lightly. "Well, isn't this an amazing group we've gathered, no? Gathered to complete the Prophecy, no less..." She pauses, something having just occured to her. "Ah, I don't suppose you could enlighten us on the exact text of said Prophecy? I sure all four of us new members would be interested in its contents."

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Newbies have ruby necklaces? I assume so, but making sure.

To Coquika, but in Celestial, so anyone with Celestial or tongues can understand .... the nuance of which is not lost on Atareth, as she warmly says,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am Atareth, servant in the Arboreal Court of the Winsome Rose.

"I appreciate your welcome and your company, Coquika. I have heard of those with at least a little bit of arcane talent, if not more, seek a process of infusing a special green metal into their bodies to make themselves fantastically resilient. You are warrior and wizard, and blessed are you for having devoted some of your learning to not only speak Celestial, but to speak it so well as you do.

"May your studies lead you to high moons and love in the air."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Our poor computer feels like the ball in a tennis court right now.

"What the f***ing hell?!" raises her voice (some, not a lot) with her hands in the air.

She drops her hands back down, looking at the recent vocal transaction. "What? Are we passing notes in class now? With the necklaces at least you can be discrete, but here in the open, you're gonna blabber in Green Goblin or whatever the hell Verdigris Vocals you were jabbering in, right in front of us? B-B Almighty, learn some f***ing decorum, huh?"

And with the last sentence, somewhere in the universe, an Irony Faerie dies, but not before singing it's swan song .... "Hello, Pot .... This is Kettle ...."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

28. - Top - End - #1318

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira rolls her eyes at Atareth's "blessed" comment. "Celestial, Drisae. Coquika prodded Atareth to actually introduce herself and got it. Flowery, but nothing really important."

Of course, that doesn't stop Tali from inserting her own commentary. In Celestial, just to prove her point:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's a language, Atty, not a blessing. Unless you're suddenly ready to call me blessed, that is."
    Snickett avatar by me.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika tunes out the rude outburst, rapt in her conversation in the musical, Celestial tones. Her own voice is well-suited to the language, some of her tones sounding like a finger drawn across a wineglass.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for the compliment, but these days I frankly remember the celestial tongue better than common. I think it is much more pleasant on the tongue and on the ear, don't you?

She glances self-consciously at her emerald skin.
    Spoiler
    Show

I have had to get used to being in the company of people who have heard of the Blessed Comet, to say nothing of the things one might achieve with its help.
    But my knowledge of your homeland is very lacking. Hopefully someday you can tell me about it. But...

She glances at the other members of their group as they begin to intermingle.
    Spoiler
    Show

There is business as well as pleasure to attend to. If I can be so bold, I have already conjured a private realm today that will fit us all and admits only followers of the Three Goddesses...?

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

"Coquika, the dark lady is right .... it is rude of us to continue so without knowing all may understand."
    Current Games