New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

"I'm saving a Glass Strike specifically for this Lich. They are immune to most effects dependant on fortitude, but when they're not, they are weak.
    However, we better plan our spells, if you girls have a better idea, I'll use those two Glass Strikes in other undeads."
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    With a curious looks, she turns to Dot. "You said the place was defended from divinations. Could you be a little more specific? Are the surrounding mountains likewise protected? If not, I might be able to see if they have any outer defenses..."
    Dot nodded absently. Working alongside so many others gifted in the Art was taking some adjustments to her thinking. She wove her hands in a familiar pattern, and the entrance that she'd seen to the mountain stronghold swam into view.

"Before, when I tried to find Harlan, i got no vision at all. This time, I was able to punch through to see him, but only for a few moments, and then to pull back, so to speak, to see a bit more of the complex. This, in particular, as well as altars and symbols of Dantilus Telgar and Thorbald Volkskraag. You're welcome to try to learn more. I feel that I've managed about as much as my craft will allow."

She manages a weary grin.

"I'm happy to follow your lead in dealing with the lich. I rather suspect, though, that if we are successful in defeating the creature, overcoming the magical barriers to find its phylactery will follow."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika raises a slim, glassy hand.
    "Not to interrupt," she interrupts,
    "but I've destroyed a few liches in my time. Very little of my power depends on the Art, and I have used spheres of antimagic and walls of force to great effect. The undead have very little power over me, Since they chose immortality through decay, instead of growth."
    She smiles a kind of predatory smile, one which has a cruel relish in it.
    "Because a lich trapped in a fistfight against me without the aid of magic... Is simply the skeleton of a wizard waving a very expensive stick."
    She laughs, the sound musical with a crystalline edge.
    "If Circumstance permits, I will close and engage any powerful practitioner of the Art while shrouded in antimagic."
    Her moment of exultation done, she continues.
    "That aside, I am not a juggernaut. I fight tactically, and I will support the heavier combatants-" she nods to the giant deva, "-as I can. I have some magic... but I'm afraid they are very selfish spells." she smiles again, this time more abashedly. "I... am not used to having allies. Or friends."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera shakes her head.

"There will be no need for that sort of awkward use of Abjuration, Coquika."
    She raises one hand, and it crackles slightly. "With my talents, none of us will need to perpetually give up our spellcasting to inhibit the abilities of another artist."

Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-31 at 06:30 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

"So be it. In an anti-magic field, I can't employ any summoned monsters. But I think Ly'kalia can enter there just as well and give a piece of her 6 sharp blades love."

"And me, Selena, you're forgeting me."

"Oh yes. And Oscar. He can go there and... uh... unleash his deadly claws at the lich."

"And my frightening beak! You're forgeting about my most powerful weapon!"

Directing to the group again.

"However, I see no reason this lich would be alone. And I'm not talking about simple minions either. I will keep my Glass Strikes just in case we face other powerful undeads other than the lich himself."
    Show

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Requiem Macabre Doc

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Selena

"Remember, Selena, that we will be better to keep our options open. Sure, I could lead with an Antimagic Field, but it may not be necessary. Don't leave spells unprepared that we may need if it might come in handy later.

As for you, Oscar, there is no magic in the word strong enough to make you useful versus a Lich's immortal hide."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-31 at 06:50 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post

"Before, when I tried to find Harlan, i got no vision at all. This time, I was able to punch through to see him, but only for a few moments, and then to pull back, so to speak, to see a bit more of the complex. This, in particular, as well as altars and symbols of Dantilus Telgar and Thorbald Volkskraag. You're welcome to try to learn more. I feel that I've managed about as much as my craft will allow."
    Setsuna nods, and then grimaces slightly as two large blue wings explode from her back. She opens them and crosses her legs in the air, small strands of dirt and rock trailing upwards to swirl around her in a swirling sphere of humming magic. Her mind reaches into the earth to seek out the knowledge of the earth, at the mountain fortress east of Terkaton.

"Let's see... Higashiyama-sama... Please tell me of the defenses of the lich's fortress..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Earth Dream SLA, effectively a divination spell.
    01-20 denotes failure. 21-100 denotes success.
    (1d100)[5]

As for you, Oscar, there is no magic in the word strong enough to make you useful very a Lich's immortal hide."[/COLOR]
    Blinking innocently, Setsuna hesitantly speaks a single soft word. "...shapechange?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT: Dammit. My dreams of finding the outer defenses of the fortress have been shattered.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-31 at 06:46 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika glances at the diminutive Sera, surprised.
    "Oh? You must be specific; We are all proud of our abilities, but it does not do to be cryptic. I am good at hand-to-hand combat and I can fight against a group just as well. I falter against single, powerful foes whom I cannot wear down. What will you do that is superior to stripping a lich of its magic?"

In answer to Selena, she thinks, listing things on her fingers.
    "We must worry about the undead, and possibly constructs. Of these, there are the incorporeal, the brutes, and the magical. I worry most about the incorporeal, since they attack where some of us are weak, and the constructs, since they resist magic, and hit hard enough to hurt me."
    She looks around at the group.
    "You are all still strangers to me. I don't know what you all are capable of, although I can make some guesses. I guess my question is..."
    She tilts her head to one side,
    "What do I need to worry about protecting you from? Melee? Poisons? Mental attack?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Now, Fu-kun, you mustn't question your friend, dearest"
    She gives Furude an icy glare.You feel the need to speculate whether or not cleaning crews are unintelligent enough to approach Prismatics Spheres. Regardless, the threat is empty. Sera would never let harm befall her closest...

"Simple, Coquika. A less awkward application of the same method. I focus a field onto the Lich. If none of us are covered in an Antimagic Field, it leaves us free to cast spells and defeat it while it is helpless without risking our safety. I even keep a wand of a particularly useful Conjuration that is capable of harming creature protected by Antimagic Field."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-31 at 07:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know exactly, Coquika. I think this will test us in a unusual situation, that is, undeads. The thing is, I'm specialized in enchantments and illusions, which are mostly mind-affecting, hence, useless for our mission.
    That's why my non specialized spells will be mostly transmutation and conjuration. But I'm no better than the average wizard when casting such spells.

For most situations I can't use my enchantments and illusions, I summon a monster that can deal good old damage instead. Constructs and undeads are my nemesis, which is why I never leave home without Glass Strike.

Don't know exactly how can you protect me, for now. If I somehow won't be able to fly for a moment, protecting from melee is definitely good."
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

11. - Top - End - #1421

Furude Setsuna

"Hauu..." Setsuna sniffs dramatically and gives her friend a sad glance, the effect of which is mostly destroyed by her barely suppressed chuckle. "But senpaiii..."

To Coquika, she shrugs and grins confidently. "Eh, I'm fine against most anything that can't fly in both air and earth. My illusions have become less, well, illusory. I can make them physically affect the world, and with them, I can do quite a bit more than I should be able to..." She punctuates her statement with a small "Nipah~!"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-31 at 07:20 PM.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Remember to pack some instantaneous conjurations if you have them, Selena."

She embraces Furude, gives her a kiss, and whispers into her ear. "I knew there was a reason I keep you around, Setsuna." Her face is currently expressing delight. There is definitely some favoritism involved here.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-31 at 07:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna melts into Sera's arms and a look of bliss can be seen on her face as she returns the hug. She whispers back, "You're welcome, Sera-senpai..." With a giggle, she continues, in a more amused voice, "Ah, but that's not all you keep me around for, hmm?"

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera smiles to herself. "Of course not. The other reason is peaches." She gives a little chuckle at her own joke.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-31 at 08:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I wanted to give you all something to consider as we move forwards with planning," offers Melinda. As adorably affectionate as Seraciel and Setsune are, the First Priestess simply smiles and intrudes. "I think we've made a fundamental strategic oversight in the way we've approached the religious politics of the prophecy before.

"The prophecy, as cryptic as it is, is a wonderful guide to have. It speaks of isolated, and ultimately identifiable successes that we can expect to achieve out of the limitless chaos of potential events. Achieving these successes draws the Three together. This much we know.

"But I'll be honest, nearly every line in this prophecy has involved pissing on -some- deity's carpet, some deity who might have taken up a position against us some number of centuries ago. We've been lucky to get a freebie line. Sword's record performance at Belmont enriched us at pretty much no one's cost. But our achievement of every other line has come at the expense of some other deity.

"Either way, the fact remains that by trying to eke out new space in a playing field that's already full of gods, we're going to make some enemies no matter what we do, whether or -not- we follow the prophecy. The question is, how many new friends and allies can we make over the course of making our pre-ordained enemies? That is one of the most important factors that will determine the Unified Goddess's standing inside the pantheon, if and when we succeed in achieving the Unification. And I intend for Her standing to be influential.

"For instance, we won a great victory over Kotep. But at what cost? In winning victory without Silescia, we missed an opportunity to set a new pattern in relations with Her. That's more truly regrettable. What happened earlier today is, in many ways, a consequence of our not having recognized the opportunity we were about to create and not having prepared for our own success. It would not have happened at all, if beforehand we had arranged to share our Victory.

"So now we know that we're going to move against Dantilus, and maybe Thorbald as well." Melinda is obviously not pleased with the idea, but she grimly accepts it as fact. "Dot, I ask for your patience, just as you urged me for mine. Let me make a suggestion. If we're going to go tomb-robbing, let's first pay a visit to Kasia Rynar, Goddess of Robbers. This isn't Kotep's private sanctum we're dealing with. Her followers may already have intelligence about this location that could save one of our lives, or enable us to avoid collateral damage. And if this inevitable expedition of ours can position us to earn Her good regard, or any other deity's, for that matter, then we should take advantage of it before we commit to the assault."
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-10-31 at 08:43 PM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera looks up from her preoccupation with Furude for a moment. "Hmm... prehaps this would be more wise. It would not be effective if we were to go in with the limited information we have at this moment."

17. - Top - End - #1427

Furude Setsuna

Sighing, Setsuna smiles and mutters, "Of course. The only things you have me here for are magic, and peaches."

As Melinda finishes her speech, she raises an eyebrow. "So basically, what you were doing before was a blatant disregard for anyone whom the prophecy said you didn't have to deal with, and now you're suggesting we actually try to make more friends, or at least, less enemies...?"

Shrugging, she declares, "Eh, seems like a plan. Let's do it."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-10-31 at 09:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera shutters uncomfortable. She did not like the way Furude sighed and muttered that first line. She looked around, trying to find something to draw her attention. For once, she could not find solace in being easily distracted from people. "Setsuna, I-"

Am totally at a loss
    , she thought to herself. The feeling of disappointment was readily apparent on her face.

She finally muster enough self-confidence to mumble out this humbling statement: "For a girl who prides herself in knowing everything, I am rather ignorant, aren't I?" She seems to be pondering something, like a forgetful person slowing remember that he left the fire lit at home, and is slowly starting not to like the thought...
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-10-31 at 09:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I acknowledge that I have let passion for my missions blind me to my actions. Faith can outpace spirituality." Melinda gracefully accepts her colleague's implied criticism. Indeed, Setsuna had the potential for diplomacy if such instincts came naturally to her. "Let us be mindful, then. Passion need not burn for its light to shine."
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think we got so excited about finally diving into action that we forgot we are dancing in the polical intrigue of gods thenselves.

But tell me: Why seek the aid of only one god? Can't we afford to visit more than one?"
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

21. - Top - End - #1431

Furude Setsuna

Glancing over to Sera, Setsuna gives her a reassuring smile and a tight hug. "Yes, you are, at times. But senpai is senpai, and I wouldn't give you up for the world. Didn't I promise I'd always be with you...?"

"It's a good idea, Selena-san, but we probably shouldn't visit more than a few for this rescue." Setsuna raises a finger, explaining. "While there are other deities that we could visit, visiting too many at once would seem suspicious, and might alienate them prematurely. Also, the more we visit, the higher the chances are that the lich may deduce our plans to assault its fortress, and would move out, taking Harlan-san with it."

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not if we visit different deities at the same time. I think we have enough diplomats and pretty faces here to appeal two gods -or goddesses- at the same time. Anyway, you have a point, obviously, and I want the opinion of the most experienced between us on this subject. If we should be more cautious, or more bold. At the rate we are gathering enemies, perhaps we have to look for allies more actively."
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Colossus in the Playground

During discussion of raiding Dantilus' fane...

Drisae says, "I am a priestess, and a powerful one, which is more than I can say for anyone else here. I'm worried, though, that with all of the priestly buffs and reactionary magics I might have to load up on, I might be suffering before we even get there. That's the job, and I got this cool healing stick.

"The problem comes to this anti-magic s*** you're chattering about. If you do that, I'm damned useless. My magic won't help, and my entire combat style is related to being able to target weak spots .... which is pointless against undead and constructs. Of course, Lust (my favorite dagger), is adamantine and her pommel is fitted with an amethyst that can strike undead and make them 'bleed' much like a living creature, but that doesn't help in antimagic."

When Dot sends out her full-field broadcast, an equal full-field broadcast is returned, which Dot, Melinda, and Taleira recognize as Lildorrinene: "Dot, Melinda ... keep all ruby-wearers informed of all particulars of any tactical information you are formulating, myself included. I will attempt to provide input, but please keep information free-flowing.

Dalcar [ooc](because she has a ruby necklace as well)[/ooc], I will teleport between yourself and my current diplomatic mission to confer with you as you desire. If you are willing and it seems I am needed, I humbly beg your powers of divination to help me pinpoint the teleportational spot I will need to rendezvous with my sisters.

Lok-Too-Loo-Baz, standby for possible deployment.

Sisters, don't be stingy with full-field telepathy through the necklaces, even in the middle of a bad situation. If nothing else, the high priestesses, myself, Lok', Lia, and the others might be able to simply provide insights you might not. In-battle is especially useful. If things go poorly, follow-up teams may benefit by the first engagement.

Dot, I recommend ... and I'm sorry that this deals with Harlan ... but full commitment is potentially catastrophic. We must have reserves, or else our greater mission dies with a single foray. As requested before, please give all information, and perhaps I can give two coppers that just might be dirty platinum pieces.

Lildorrinene out."

After that tepe-burst, Drisae blurts, "F***! Even when she's not in front of you, she's a bossy blabbermouth. Ugh. But I guess she's right in making sure that everyone else knows information, not just intent."

Discussing visiting the Robber Baron ....

Drisae says, "Now THAT sounds much more interesting than a tomb with undead horrors. Even though I'm a priestess, I only know the most limited information them. Anything I think I know about more powerful undead is just as likely to be superstition, wives tales, and misidentification."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-11-01 at 04:56 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Quote Originally Posted by Dudu View Post
    "I think we got so excited about finally diving into action that we forgot we are dancing in the polical intrigue of gods thenselves.

But tell me: Why seek the aid of only one god? Can't we afford to visit more than one?"

"Selena, it would be detrimental to waste any time we cannot afford or to split the group."

Although she hasn't addressed Furude yet, she turns to Drisae.

"Dris, I understand your consternation. I also have difficulty with gaining an upper hand over undead. Much of my martial practice assumes living opponents.

That being said, the AMF is NOT the final and only option we are exploring. Additionally, if we successfully impose such a field on the Lich, you would be able to focus on secondary targets while the Lich is stripped of its spellcasting."

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "[COLOR="DarkRed"]"Dot, I ask for your patience, just as you urged me for mine. Let me make a suggestion. If we're going to go tomb-robbing, let's first pay a visit to Kasia Rynar, Goddess of Robbers. This isn't Kotep's private sanctum we're dealing with. Her followers may already have intelligence about this location that could save one of our lives, or enable us to avoid collateral damage. And if this inevitable expedition of ours can position us to earn Her good regard, or any other deity's, for that matter, then we should take advantage of it before we commit to the assault."
    Dot shrugged.

"You propose a false dichotomy, Melinda. I have finally found information on Harlan, and I've shared it freely. I haven't acted without telling everyone else what I was planning...as indeed you did back in, well, heaven. I haven't rushed off half-cocked, but am doing what I can to prepare.

"I require another half-day to adequately prepare myself to kick those Dantileans' asses. Especially with Clyde's assistance, that should give you ample time to go and consult with the priests of Rynar, if that is your desire, or indeed with anyone else you'd care to contact. But I will not brook further delay. As I said, I'm going there to free Harlan. If anyone else wants to come, I'm grateful for the help."

Lil's message washes over Dot along with the others. She notes that the succubus, characteristically, advocated full disclosure on activities, while providing absolutely no detail of what she herself was doing. The more things change.

She turns to Seraciel.

"Forgive my ignorance of such things. You speak of focusing an anti-magic field onto the lich. My only experience with such things were that such fields had to either be grounded in the person who created the field, or else in a point in space. You have found a way to focus it on another individual, then?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

26. - Top - End - #1436

Furude Setsuna

Another concern occurs to Setsuna and she voices it. "Oh, if we use a standard AMF, the lich may be able to use it offensively against us by keeping it by our own casters. Does anyone have an Antimagic Ray? It can disable its spellcasting while still allowing Drisae-san to effectively hurts it.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-11-01 at 11:36 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera addresses her teammates, the discussions seems to be doing a good job atdistracting her form her worries.

"My studies have allowed me to develop ways to change the point of Abjurant emanations and personal spells. Sure it can use it offensively versus us, but we can make a point to stay clear of it. Antimagic Ray is a much less effective method of keeping a caster down. I have found applied fields much more reliable, since arcanists tend to have the willpower to resist spells such as Antimagic Ray.

As for harming it, conjurations that generate matter, such as Orbs, are capable of harming a creature shrouded in a field."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-01 at 12:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Atareth has been listening to this meeting for some time, thinking.

"Peridot, the prophecy is clear to me, as yours is the only former love that seems to be held by powerful forces. He is a Sabrinite at that. I am probably the most capable member to fight inside of an .... what do you call an anti-magic field? an AMF. My natural strength and resiliency is far and away beyond anything else you possess. And even without enhancements, my weapons, armor, and shield are hard for anything to penetrate. Being adamantine, my hammer and shield can wreck a construct.

"The major weakness here would be any servitor undead that can bypass my armor and dense skin. Without magical, I am very vulnerable. On the other hand, I imagine that the powerful touch of such creatures is of such a nature that a .... AMF ... might be able to block it. I don't know.

"As for a God of Robbers? I can offer you nothing except that I don't need to walk in with armor, weapon, and shield."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera gives Atareth an exasperated look.

"Excuse if I am mistaken, but can you not fly?! The AMF has a limited area of effect. It is exactly what it says on the title, A field. The effectiveness lowers with the inverse square of the distance you are from the center. After about ten feet, you are in the clear. I think you can avoid a grounded lich while on wing.

I would like to have a few other contingencies prepared as well. Anchoring and Binding would do quite well, and I have another trick that would work. Does anyone have any better plan?"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-01 at 01:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

"Binding is mind affecting, so the Lich is immune to it. My only plan is to cast a Glass Strike in case this whole AMF strategy somewhat fails. Or maybe the opposite, cast Glass Strike and, if it fails, go with the AMF.
    Glass Strike is all or nothing. If it works, we don't need to worry about employing antimagic field at all. But again, only if it works. If it doesn't, the spells is wasted. I say it's definitely worth a shot, though."
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc