New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses - IC (Thread #2)

Coquika
    Coquika's thoughts break in.to the mental debate.
    No. This is my sanctum: My home. It is a place of love, devotion, and sanctuary, not a prison.
    A hesitation.
    But maybe there is a less dire solution? She could be turned to stone and put in extradimensional storage, or polymorphed into something more transportable, like a lead soldier. Then to be gaoler is trivial, and she does not suffer in the meantime.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

"My apologies, Coquika, and I'm sorry for presuming too much on your already considerable hospitality. Any solution that we come up with, however, will have to solve two problems: how will Carlita herself react to her treatment, and how easily will others within her church find her."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh... A less dire solution is turning her into stone? Well, I disagree.
    Plus, we don't need to put her to sleep in your place. I don't even think that's a good idea. She doesn't suffer with the slumber, unlike being turned into a stone statue. Even though I think turning her into stone is both easier and cheaper, I certainly don't think it's more humane in any way.

However, I don't have this the spell to turn her into stone. I only have a spell to turn her into glass, which might work just fine with the only problem that the chances that she will break in the meantime are bigger.

Just bear in mind that there are many ways I can bind her, each one depending on our interests. I can bind her in a gaseous, conscious form and trap her into a jar. That way we can carry her along us and even talk with her.

I still think binding is the safest method. Unless Seraciel can cast the more powerful and efficient 'Imprisionment' spell, that is."
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

While she is trying to disentangle herself from the rather maladroit situation with Furude, she feels the need to defend her reputation.

"Selena, if I do not favor spells such as sequester, why on this green earth would I research something as terrible as Imprisonment? While I may have need of researching soon, I do not study the art to impede on the freedom of others!"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-04 at 10:24 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika's thoughts break in once more.
    Nonetheless, it must be dealt with. We will not come to a decision as a group on this; too many wizards spoil the spell. We should pick one of us to select a solution, and trust her to do whatever is efficient and humane. Left to our own, we waste time. Of our group, Myself, Periodot, Seraciel, Setsune and Selene I know to be powerful enough users of the Art. Peridot has other troubles, and anyone headed to the temple to negotiate does not have the time. I suggest we task Setsune with choosing a solution and executing it, rather than arguing endlessly. After all, the Academy of the Art is outside; if there is a magical solution, the means can be out there.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

"C'mon, Seraciel. Imprisonment is in our best interests, in the way that it doesn't harm the subject, Carlita won't suffer, since she will be in a temporal stasis, and we - you - can go there and free her whenever you want.

What are our alternatives? Force her to be enthralled by Taleira? Chain her? Free her and put everyone at risk? Outright slay her? Imprisonment is the most sophisticated, safest way to deal with Carlita.

Anyway, that doesn't matter so much, since my spells are good to enthrall people, or put then to sleep. You, lady Seraciel, probably don't have Imprisonment in your spellbook thanks to your notion of ethics (notions that diverge from mine). Any other sugestions?"
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

"Ah... umm..." Setsuna stutters and blinks at the sudden weight of responsibility (or perhaps just from the continued grasp of Sera). "I have a rather large extradimensional space that I use for various purposes. If one of you could put her to sleep or otherwise render her immobile, we could just place her in there and carry her around with us."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera rolls her eyes. If she is going to demonstrate hypocrisy and favouritism, she is going to do it consistently, gosh darn it!

"That sounds like a great idea, Selena. Thanks for choosing the obviously right person for the job, Coquika."
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Glancing up at Sera, Setsuna blushes a little under the praise and smiles. Turning to the group, she continues. "Umm... does anyone, perchance, have a way to put Carlita-san to sleep indefinitely?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera notes Furude's look, and suddenly remembers what she was holding. She pulls Furude into a more suitable position, and rests her arms around Furude's waist.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Colossus in the Playground

Drisae shrugs, looking at Furude. "I do."
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

We are at the 50 page rule, so its time to move on to thread #3. Here is the link, please subscribe.

IC Thread #3
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.