New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Sinclair. I hope we can be of assistance." Emilia turned to Gabriel. "If you don't mind, Gabriel, I'd prefer to stay in the church. I guess whether we all stay in the same place or split up is up to you." If there were any souls that needed to be put to rest, then Emilia could make use of her full talents there. Not to mention if they had to fight in-town, Raven would be stronger on sacred ground.

Although it wasn't readily apparent, York repeatedly scanned the area and took note of his surroundings. Something didn't feel right, but he couldn't put his finger on it, even if he had one.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course Emilia. We will gladly accept your offer mr. Sinclair."
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kuhn stayed outside the village in a tall tree. He had slept in more uncomfortable places before after all. He keeps an eye on his fellow guild members plus one with he periscope. He continues to watch them as they head towards the church and takes in the hostile looks from the villagers. He then lowers the periscope with a pensive look on his face. "Something is not right here."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

Nimbus looks around as they arrive, seemingly thinking about something, but the hood and the subsequent tripping over a rock makes it difficult to discern what went through the cloudy mage's mind.

The villagers' looks are noticed by the cloaked party member, but Sinclair's offer quickly drives attention away from it.

"Huh? Uhm..."

Making a show of looking like the question was trivial, Nimbus replies in the same dramatic tone as normal.

"Holy grounds would certainly seem appropriate for holy work, I will take the offer to stay at the church."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sinclair gives a quick bow and then begins leading toward the church. The building is by far the largest in the town, with a modernized gothic feel. Around the perimeter are wards to protect from evil. "This town used to radiate magnificence. But since the demon came in, the townspeople seem lifeless. They live in constant fear of the monster and I know that although they treat you with a bit of a sore disposition, but once that monster is dealt with they'll sing your names on high." He leads them in through the chapel and down into a small basement. As they pass the altar they can see a large marble bowl of wine, no doubt used for communion.

In the small basement are a number of beds immaculately made. It seems no one's been seeking asylum in the building since everyone skipped town. "There's another room in the back so the lady can have her privacy. A bathroom in the room over there and dinner is in twenty minutes. I didn't expect you for a few moments more. It was supposed to be ready when you arrived. Any questions?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

"How was it that you knew we were arriving? I only decided to accept the job this morning." Gabriel asks rather confused.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    "How was it that you knew we were arriving? I only decided to accept the job this morning." Gabriel asks rather confused.
    "The trains only stop here when there's traffic. I was told beforehand that it would be arriving. And since there's only one reason that anyone would come here is the job." A few heavy steps come from the old wooden stairs leading to the basement. "Father, we require your assistance. There are two tonight!"

A short pause follows before Sinclair looks toward the others. "If you'll excuse me for a moment, there's urgent business. It won't take long, I'll be back before dinner starts. Make yourselves comfortable." Without another word he turn on the spot and follows the other man up toward the chapel.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"This is very generous. Thank you very much." Emilia says respectfully as Sinclair heads back up to the chapel. While any other girl her age might've found these sort of accomodations creepy or unnerving, to her this felt much more homey than the ghost town outside. She took a quick look around the rooms, but at the moment didn't have much use for them. "I think I'll take a good look around the grounds before dinner." She wasn't lying, but the full truth was that she was looking for the cemetery that was likely on the church grounds.

"Eh, you go on ahead. I want to go check on something first," said York. "What is it?" asked Emilia puzzled. "Something doesn't quite add up here, and I'm not so sure about this Sinclair guy. I'm not sure what exactly, but I'm going to go see what he's up to. That, and I'm pretty sure we weren't the only ones who got off the train." "You think we were followed?" "I'm not sure. I didn't get a good look at them. I didn't even notice anyone until we left the train. Either way, just watch your back." York flies off at a safe distance behind Sinclair. For such a loudmouth, when he wanted to be stealthy he was almost unnoticeable. No breath, no footsteps, and his wings made no noise as he flew. Emilia made her way to the church grounds, looking for a cemetery or crypt.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

Varium is wandering town, looking for a place to stay or a bog demon. Either one works for him right now.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

10. - Top - End - #160

Willowsworth graveyard
    As Emilia walks into the graveyard she feels no immediate spirits in the vicinity. On further inspection she can't feel anything. At all.

Not a spirit, not a sense of spiritual power, and not even a single gust of wind reaches the area. Light dances along the edges, skirting away from the headstones with names carved in, lost to time. Even the noises of the night seem not to dare step foot inside the holy land. It's almost as if there were never any bodies here at all. As if they were buried somewhere else, or not buried at all. Though there is an immaculate and seemingly new crypt further in the back.

Willowsworth Chapel
    As York flutters silently through the building he could almost feel a shiver up his non-existant spine. Try as he might, the area is too open for true stealth and a few of the citizens look directly at his floating body, and yet they make no signs of noticing him at all. He just happens to be in their field of vision as they look toward some other menial task, repeated constantly. The people cleaning scrub the same pew over and over, and the same spot of the floor is swept until nothing is moving.

Willowsworth Streets

One lumbering human passes poor Varium, their body swaying in the cool breeze. As they crash into his shoulder they make no motion of apology or speak a single word to him. And if one were to look at their eyes, well, that would be worst of all. Their eyes stare blankly forward, milky white and inhuman.

Mere seconds after comes Sinclair, an old ice blue book in his hands as he passes Varium. But him? He stops, a few feet away from the mage. "You must be with the others... Head quickly to the church basement and speak not of what you've seen here. Swiftly now, there are things you'd not want to be part of tonight." Without a reply, he runs off after the walking corpse that had passed just before.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spero continues to glance over the job board before performing a good Samaritan service. "Hey Sky, here have a heal." Spero magic materized into a white dove which flies over and lands in front of him. A white translucent barrier then covers him as the pain from his wounds stop bothering him and the cuts that he has on him start healing. The removed skin starts regenerating albeit as a very slow pace. It will possibly take a couple of hours to regenerate it. The cuts heal fairly fast as they were not to deep.

Spero continues looking at the board, he then plucks a job off the board and reads it aloud, "Hello what is this? High Class Mages required to protect a building project off the coasts of Fiore! Payment on finishing of project, 800,000+ Jewels." He then turns on the spot as he says, Sounds intersting. Plus it pays well. So who wants to go with me?" Spider, not being to exhausted raises his hand as he had a feeling this chap would be a better job mate than Skye.

12. - Top - End - #162

Fairy Tail

An arm extends around Spero's shoulders, and on further inspection leads to none other than Nicholas. "Well hello there. Been a while since we've seen you. Who's this over here then?" He glides over to where Spider sat, a spring ever present in his step. "Oh, and you'll have to deal with me on that one, I've already made plans."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spero looks up and smiles as he says, "Yo Nick! That over there is the new guy. Calls himself Spider and he specializes in Card Magic. As for the job, well I think that it would be fair to allow you to get in on it. Now I just need to find out if Cecilia wants to go. After all, would be fair of me to leave out the member of my own team." With that he walks over to Cecilia and says, "Hey Cece, I just got a job from the board, feel like coming along?" Oh Spero and your tendency to give people nicknames.

14. - Top - End - #164

Cecilia Lugard

Of course Spero!
    She exclaims happily.
    We're a team for a reason! And I can bring my new key!

Varium Pointe

Varium frowns and does the opposite. He follows the man.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2011-11-27 at 10:49 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Fairy Tail

"Well of course you have to cut me in. The sign says high class right?" A short spin makes Nick's suit come away from his body, letting him easily grab the open jacket and adjust his tie. "High Class is my middle name, you know. Old HC Hayes they used to call me. These people practically asked for me in person, didn't they?" Then comes the smile, Nicholas' signature smile. The one people would swear he spends all night practicing.

Willowsworth

As Varium follows the older man a few of the citizens step into his way, and despite being well out of earshot they try to stop the pursuer. "Father Sinclair said to hightail it to the church, kid!"

16. - Top - End - #166

Varium Pointe

Varium just forces his way through. Things were starting to get interesting.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Emilia

This is wrong. This is very, very wrong. It's like the cemetery itself is fake. There's more going on here than just a demon I think... Emilia silently grasps the key around her neck, her only source of protection should she need it. Unobstructed, she investigates further, carefully and quietly looking into the crypt in the back.

York

York used the open areas of the chapel to his advantage, the tiny floating skull hovering above the field of vision of the workers. He kept after Sinclair for the time being, a safe distance away but still having a bead on him. He sees that he's not the only one tailing Sinclair, and tries to keep himself hidden from the wolf-eared stranger as well. Soon the crowd turns against the wolf-eared stranger, making it all the easier for York to slip past them unnoticed.

Skye

At the moment Skye was napping on the roof when the white dove landed on his wound and started healing it. He muttered in his sleep, "Heh... Stop you bad girl or Daddy'll have to punish... What the...?!" He woke up suddenly to see the dove finish healing his wound. "GODD*MIT SPERO IF I WANT SOMEONE TO LICK MY WOUNDS I'LL FIND A HEALER IN THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT!" he cursed loud enough for the whole guild to hear.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2011-11-28 at 12:12 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spero smiles at Nick's usual enthusiasm. It was then that Skye's enraged yell echo's throughout the guild. Spero chuckles as he says, "Well that's gratutude for ya huh? Then again it might also be that he, in a small way, owe me now that has him up in knots."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Gabriel in the meantime is beginning to worry about dinner, being quite famished. And decides to go out in search of the mess hall.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Spero smiles at Nick's usual enthusiasm. It was then that Skye's enraged yell echo's throughout the guild. Spero chuckles as he says, "Well that's gratutude for ya huh? Then again it might also be that he, in a small way, owe me now that has him up in knots."
    "I don't owe you nothing, ya giant sack of drool!" Skye shouted as he entered the guild hall. He probably would've continued, but Skye's eye was drawn to the job poster in Spero's hand. Quickly snatching the paper out of Spero's hand, Skye read it to himself. "*mumble mumble* ...off the coast..." Skye hesitated for a bit, uncharacteristically thinking to himself. Then he suddenly thrust the crumpled paper back into Spero's hand. "Sounds lame. Count me out." Skye grabbed a drink to go and then headed out of the guild hall, heading towards the train station.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spero

He watched as Skye jerked the paper out of his hand. It was a good thing he kept his grip loose because he saw this coming. When Skye turned down participating in the job Spero just shrugged. He didn't understand Skye's thinking half the time, plus not having him on the job would mean that Cecilia's nerves would be far less frayed. "Okay then, I think we have all the guild participation we're gonna get. So everyone meet at teh train station in one hour." With that Spero walks out of the guild doors and stretches. He then uses his magic to let to dove wings pop out of his back like angel wings. He then takes off into the air and flies towards the train station.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spero

He watched as Skye jerked the paper out of his hand. It was a good thing he kept his grip loose because he saw this coming. When Skye turned down participating in the job Spero just shrugged. He didn't understand Skye's thinking half the time, plus not having him on the job would mean that Cecilia's nerves would be far less frayed. "Okay then, I think we have all the guild participation we're gonna get. So everyone meet at teh train station in one hour." With that Spero walks out of the guild doors and stretches. He then uses his magic to let to dove wings pop out of his back like angel wings. He then takes off into the air and flies towards the train station.
    Spero finds Skye at the train station sitting cross-legged on top one of the cars of the very train they needed to board to get to the job in question. Skye gives a quick glance but otherwise pays Spero no mind as he finishes his drink, uncharacteristically quiet.

23. - Top - End - #173

Cecilia Lugard - Fairy Tail

Cecilia sets out to buy her new key.

Tana Bariet - Fairy Tail

Tana posts a new job on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Lazy Guy
    Job Offer:
    All maids have quit my service for reasons unknown to me. New part time service needed. I understand that one Miss Tana Bariet has already signed up for this job but more help would be very much appreciated.
    Reward: To be determined.
    Selena Rouge - Fairy Tail

Selena is out back planting flowers in celebration of what she is going to do tonight. The flowers are roses, blood red roses.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spero

He walks to a spot on the ground and sits cross legged. He then takes a deep breath as he summons up two magical doves, his limit for the moment. They then fly into the air and start zooming. They seem to thin out a little in the air and they are little more than blurs. Spero starts to perspire from the effort as a bead of sweat rollers down his eyebrow. One of the doves flickers between being a dove and a widened beam of light. While he practices he says, "So Skye, what you headin' out of town for? You got something important to do?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spero

He walks to a spot on the ground and sits cross legged. He then takes a deep breath as he summons up two magical doves, his limit for the moment. They then fly into the air and start zooming. They seem to thin out a little in the air and they are little more than blurs. Spero starts to perspire from the effort as a bead of sweat rollers down his eyebrow. One of the doves flickers between being a dove and a widened beam of light. While he practices he says, "So Skye, what you headin' out of town for? You got something important to do?
    "Important? Nah. I just figured I could do with a change of scenery. Gonna head to the beach for a few days. Kick back. Relax. Chase some tail." It was a pretty bold-faced lie, but it didn't seem like Skye cared whether or not Spero noticed or not.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Under the Earth]

The creature tries to block the blast with a swing of its spear, but it's little more than a piece of charcoal now - it snaps in two at the point of contact, pieces of it crumbling and falling to the floor. The blast hits the creature's side, or so it seems - it's pushed aside, gliding across the floor like a ghost.

The thing holds pieces of the spear in its hands, then lets them drop to the ground. It adopts a weaponless guard stance, though many small things will seem off to Sayd - its body is twisted in a strange manner and it seems to be facing slightly past him, conveying the sense that it's not looking at him - though it's questionable if it perceives the world via sight at all.

---

Why?

Why is that thing attacking him?

Where did his weapon go?

Who and what is attacking him in the first place?

The person inside the shell feels shocked awake. Something that seemed like distant past but a moment ago is becoming reality again, a scene frozen in time thawed and brought to life again like flower seeds after winter.

What is the lone agressor after? Is it armed? Regardless of the answer, he feels woefully ill-equipped.

He needs a weapon. He'd had more than one of those, right? He mouths the words, trying to call for one...

---

To Sayd, it seems the beast is onto something as it suddenly reaches up with its left hand, motioning as if pulling something down from the air. He can feel a sudden gust of air - sign of magic, no doubt, confirmed further by a circle of faint silver runes briefly glimmering above the demon. But when the spell is over, it's still left empty-handed - and judging from the way it freezes completely still for a moment, it's equally surprised by the fact.
    The spear snaps under Sayd's blow; perhaps it was simply a length of charred wood. Something was wrong with this whole fight. The...creature was not acting like a demon at all. It didn't seem to have any interest in fighting, and in fact barely seemed able to perceive its surroundings, let alone try to destroy them. Sayd's eyes narrow, and he tries to determine what the being really is. Odd, for one. Still, so far it seemed rather harmless. Perhaps he has been taking the wrong approach.

Remaining wary, Sayd slides a few feet back farther away from the "demon," and assumes a more defensive stance. Instead of renewing his attack, he stills himself and waits for it to make a move.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spero

Spero mentally shrugs his shoulders as he was concentrating to hard to actually shrug them. "All right then just make sure that you don't blow something important up. After all we still need a guildmaster to deal with a lot of that stuff or we have to do the paperwork ourselves." With that Spero goes back to his training as he waits for the rest of his jobmates to show up.

Spider

He headed into town with the few jewels that he had leftover from when he gave up his recent winnings to Cecilia and Spero. It wasn't much but it was enough for him to at least get his hat repaired at a shop. Having finished his only errand he heads towards the train station. After about 30 minutes he arrives there to see Skye there as well. He is about to ask what he is doing there before Spero simply shakes his head at him, but barely. Shrugging Spider goes over to a nearby pillar and sits down before pulling out a deck of cards and rapidly shuffling them fancily.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

Nimbus

The cloud mage seems lost in thoughts while the others talk and go their separate ways, but as soon as Gabriel leaves, Nimbus follows suit.

Footsteps quiet as a cloud in the wind, the hooded investigator sneaks out of the church to head for the station. The flying skull's comment echoing through Nimbus' mind.

Hopefully, there will be a way there that avoid the open streets, something about this town is definitively not Nimbus cup of tea.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

[Beneath the earth]

The demon sways slightly from side to side, crouching to touch the ground with its hands. Only sounds in the room is Sayd's own breathing and heartbeat... at least, until a crack resounds from the creature, fissures spreading all along its white surface. Then, its skin falls apart like broken porcelain, disintegrating into nothing when its pieces hit the ground.

What's left behind is an androgynous, naked human form. Golden eyes blink, surprised by the darkness, a fair face blank with confusion.

---

The attacker stops. The attacker is retreating. Why?

The stranger is so still, it's hard to tell it's even there. Only a very faint ripple in the air tells it's still there.

Time passes, yet it makes no move. Did it... faint, perhaps? Or is it just scared stiff?

Scared... ah, yes. People had been scared... he'd tried to tell them something, but they didn't give him a chance to do so. What had it been? Something to do with form... oh, right. Sight. The stranger might be scared by what it is seeing.

He doesn't have to be terrifying.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

30. - Top - End - #180

Sayd prepares to strike as the creature splits apart, but some instinct holds him back. This proves to be the right decision a few seconds later, as the being's human form is revealed. Sayd narrows his eyes as he studies it. This could be a trick of some sort. It didn't seem likely, however. As far as the "demon" knew, he had had no way to injure it, so it would have no need to trap him. Some demons took on remarkably human appearances, but there was always something that revealed their true nature about their form. It would seem that this was a human...perhaps a user of takeover magic, considering its alternate form. Something was odd about the whole affair. After a few seconds, Sayd decides to take a risk and steps forward.

"Identify yourself."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.