New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

Silvery eyes blink in bemusement. Sayd can see the person is still tense as if anticipating an attack. But he (She? It?) does reply... by shaking his head.

"Je ne toi comprends pas."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sayd considers for a moment. Apparently, the man before him does not speak the same language. Sayd, not recognizing the language spoken, considers. He knows a smattering of a variety of languages from his travels; perhaps the "demon" would know one of them. After a few seconds of consideration, Sayd tries a language from one of the oldest parts of the world.

"Me entiendes?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

The pale person squints - he probably doesn't see well in the darkness. Even the pentagram doesn't offer illumination anymore. He shakes his head again.

"Tu n'a pas de sens. En quelle année est-il?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Willowsworth Graveyard
    A cool breeze flows across Emilia's shoulders as the wind picks up in the area, with the rest of the world now eerily silent in comparison the graveyard becomes full of sound. A sudden wash of spiritual energy carries over her young form as what was once a hoax cemetery now seems all too real. The crickets chirp near her feet and one would swear there were now rats scurrying across the area as she reaches the tomb. Pushing on the door yields no results, but a large chunk of stone is missing on the top of one of the walls.

Willowsworth Streets
    Sinclair chases the mesmerized citizen until it seems he would easily catch the man, when suddenly he slows down. Matching pace with the thing moving toward death with a steady pace. "Now, let's see here..."

Willowsworth Streets - Nimbus
    Nimbus sees the less than cheery townspeople moving toward their homes as the sun sets deep over the hills of Willowsworth. At least this seems normal, but if he looked closely he would see one man walking away from the houses and continuing as he was.

Willowsworth Chapel
    As Gabriel enters the long area reserved for dining, a man turns to them. "Please wash up and be back here ready for dinner. Father Sinclair should be along shortly to give thanks."
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-12-07 at 01:33 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #185

Sayd observes the strange man's discomfort with the darkness, now absolute with the pentagram's light gone. With a gesture, he pulls the shadows of the cave into a tight orb of darkness in his palm, then sucks it into his mouth, chews for a moment, and swallows. The darkness is gone, and the cave should now be visible to the man, albeit in an unnatural "light."

"What now?"

Sayd hopes his tone will carry the message, even if they cannot communicate directly.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

The man (?) gives a bewildered look around as Sayd chews on the darkness. He can see, but the cavern still isn't illuminated, it's just... not dark. Paradoxical nature of the phenomenom makes his eyes hurt, so he cover them with his right hand. Then he beckons towards the passageways leading out of the cavern.

"Ne savent-tu le moyen de sortir?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Emilia

I was going to wait longer, but given the circumstances, it's best to be prepared.

Emilia reaches for the skeleton key tied around her neck, and quietly does the incantation. "Arise from the tomb of the Shaman: Raven!" The magic circle formed as a body slowly formed from nothingness: a tall, humanoid figure in ancient tribal wear adorned with multicolored feathers. The new being had an elaborate feather headdress and the face of a bird. "Hello, Raven."

"How..." Raven paused, "...do you do, Miss Emilia? I take it my assistance is required?"

Emilia nodded in response, "Something fishy's going on here. I'm sensing magical energy but no actual spirits, and something's fishy about the townspeople." She pointed at the crypt, "I want to get in there to investigate, but first, could you use your earth powers and tell me what, if anything, is buried here?"

The raven-chieftain nodded, "How... disturbing it must be. I shall investigate at once." Raven placed his hand on the ground, sensing the various shapes contained within the earth.

"Well?" Emilia asked.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2011-12-02 at 12:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Fairy Tail In the Playground IC [FTiTP]

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post

Willowsworth Streets - Nimbus
    Nimbus sees the less than cheery townspeople moving toward their homes as the sun sets deep over the hills of Willowsworth. At least this seems normal, but if he looked closely he would see one man walking away from the houses and continuing as he was.
    The grey, hopeless way that the scene unfolds seems to catch Nimbus' attention, the cloud-creating mage stopping and mumbling something until the man's peculiar activity becomes apparent.

Nimbus quickly scans the street for onlookers before following the man from the shadows.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The man (?) gives a bewildered look around as Sayd chews on the darkness. He can see, but the cavern still isn't illuminated, it's just... not dark. Paradoxical nature of the phenomenom makes his eyes hurt, so he cover them with his right hand. Then he beckons towards the passageways leading out of the cavern.

"Ne savent-tu le moyen de sortir?"
    Sayd nods and gesutres an arm to indicate that the man should go first. It does not seem to be a request.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, didn't see this.

10. - Top - End - #190

Cecilia Lugard - Magnolia Train Station

Cecilia arrives at the train station, humming and skipping and twirling a brand new key around her finger.

Selena Rouge - Fairy Tail

Selena Rouge quietly slips into the back of the base.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"All aboard!" the train conductor yells. Skye briefly scans his eyes the people he recognizes from Fairy Tail. Bubbles, Princess, and the new guy were there at the time. He wondered if that was all Bubbles planned on bringing with him.

((He does all of this after reaching through the 4th Wall trying to shock the RP back to life.))

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

He gets on the train confident in his current team. He knew that he could have picked more, but he was confident in their abilities.

Spider is excited, his first real job! Technically his first job was with Skye, but Skye got all the pay and was a dueche. He didn't know Cecilia that well, but they could always get acquainted on the journey. He gets on with a smile on his face.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Sayd nods and gesutres an arm to indicate that the man should go first. It does not seem to be a request.
    " . . . "

He's not sure the stranger has understood, but it doesn't seem like further discussion is going to lead anywhere. So, he decides to heed the stranger's beckoning and crawls into one of the tunnels, starting a laborous trip back to the surface.

The surface...

It might be fortunate that it's night outside. Otherwise, he might be blinded. Even the light of what few stars are visible is shocking to someone who's been so long confined into darkness. And the sheer openness... part of him wants to flee back to the cave, but his legs feel numb and his knees buckle.

He's free... after who knows how long, he's free at last...

Gravity of the realization makes him faint just as Sayd emerges after him...

14. - Top - End - #194

Cecilia Lugard - MAgnolia Station, Boarding a Train

Cecilia skips on to the train, whistling to herself as she twirls her keys around on their ring.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

2 years ago

Castle Deinhardt was in considerable disrepair. The formidable stone arches which held the castle to the steep mountain side still stood tall but the walls had begun to crack and patches of light poked through the high ceilings above casting long shadows that marked the end of the day. Apollus Deinhardt had been here twice before. Once to pay respects to his heritage and again to study the truth about his family’s history. This time he was here to kill. The guild master of Striking Crescent watched with wary eyes for any sign of the man he had been tracking for seven months.

There was no need however for when he finally did find the man he had been seeking he was sitting lazily upon the ancient throne his eyes pouring over a musty scroll. The man’s, or thing’s, as whether or not it was human was impossible to tell, dark robes were tossed across his stiff clay exterior in a careless yet imperial manner.

“Metus! You are not welcome here.”

“No? A pity. I must admit a liking for it.”

Unwilling or unable to contain his rage Apollus moved his arms as if drawing back the string of a bow and let forth a bolt of blinding light. With a casual motion Metus deflected the shot with his guantlet as he paused to adjust the scroll.

“When I left you alive back in Hargeon I warned you not to interfere.”

“You killed two of my guild members. As their leader it was my responsibility to keep them safe. And it is my responsibility to end you.”

“Had you given me the information I when I first asked I would not have had to take it from others.”

“You didn’t have to kill them at all!”

“No but then you needed to be told who you were dealing with.”

“You bastard!”

This time the mage drew three arrows in rapid succession which smashed against the guantlet with considerable force. With what could only have been surprise Metus examined the crack in his armor but the other mage refused to give him a chance to recover. Spreading his hand five arrows of light burst from his hand arcing in all directions before turning to strike at their foe. But as fast as they had been loosed a third figure stood between them sword held to reflect the light back into the room blinding Apollus. Thinking fast the sun mage blasted the floor below propelling himself up through a hole in the ceiling and onto the roof. Moments later the swordsman leaped gracefully through the opening blocking the prepared shot and landing some distance away.

“Where is Metus?”

“Reading, we’re on a schedule and frankly you just aren’t worth the time it would take to kill you.”

“I see your master is fond of making the same mistake twice.”

As he spoke he extended his pointer and middle fingers out and fired off two shots but the other seemed to sway out of the way with little effort.

“I’d say he simply isn’t worried about a little sun burn.”

At that the two assailants clashed blades flashing in the light of the other’s strikes as magic whipped out far beyond the five meter radius of their duel as the sun set behind them. Each a master of speed, neither able to land a blow against another. Until slowly but surely, as only the light of Apollus’ magic remained, the swordsman began to close the gap until he was pushing the other back across the fortress. Finally a forceful slash knocked Apollus against the walled edge.

“Any last words? No? Well then, Au revoir.”

With a dramatic flair the swordsman thrust the rapier down only to meet the waiting arm of Apollus as he shoved himself away from the strike. Holding the blade with his injured arm the sun mage pulled himself closer to his enemy making eye contact before thrusting his hand against the other.

“Great Magic: SOLAR FLAIR!

The night errupted into day as an explosion of light errupted from his hands shaking the mountainside and wiping away the snow that had hung across it. The night returned but fire remained cackling across the area leaving light enough for Apollus to remove the blade and tighten a makeshift tourniquet before tossing it over the side. With grim determination the mage Stepped in the black to face the lord of fear.

Metus had not moved, although several golems now moved about the throne room cleaning the dust and lighting the torches.

“Jack I told you to be quick about it, not play until the sun had set.”

Not looking up Metus shifted slightly, although Apollus noted with unease that it had come at the exact moment one of the golems had turned to face him.

“Well, this is unexpected.”

“Do not underestimate the Deinhardts. There is a reason we were entrusted to keep it safe from the likes of you.”

Metus’ laugh echoed as if a bell had been rung in the depths of the earth.

“You’re crimes against the world end here. Leave your prayers to any who will listen in Hell.”

Whether or not the concentrated fury of the sun focused into a single beam of light launched would have been enough to pierce the heart of the armored figure may never be known for before Apollus could release what was left of his considerable power a dagger appeared inside his heart. The last thing he saw was Jack’s burned figure standing over him, a horrible fixed smile on what remained of his ceramic face.

“How?”

“Never underestimate a zombie who can put himself back together. Especially not one with requip.”

The dead man bowed low.

“It was a pleasure having to kill you.”

With a final shuddering breath Apollus Deinhardt, guildmaster of Striking Crescent, left the realm of the living. And for a brief second Jack's face looked almost remorseful.

"My lord, if you please."

Not looking up from the last of the scrolls lord Metus motioned the earth to engulf his companion in a clay cast. After a few moments Jack rolled his shoulders and cracked the cast which fell away leaving him looking as he had before the arrival of their visitor.

"I have found it. The location of the next key. We shall be leaving shortly.

"Of course my lord."

"As for this place, I am impressed with it more the longer I remain. You can feel the power of these stones. That man's blast may have demolished much of the towers but it didn't even shake the foundations."

Clapping his hands together Metus spoke in a tone as dark as the earth. And the earth responded with a rumble of its own as stone sprung to his command and begun to rise. Finally Castle Deinhardt stood stronger than the day it was completed.

"A new name for a new birth. I think the House of the Dying Sun will be most appropriate."

Jack snickered.

"As you say my lord."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2011-12-18 at 07:52 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Tana Bariet & Selena Rouge - Fairy Tail

Tana returned from the market with a basket full of seeds. She handed the basket and the leftover jewels.
    You're order miss.
    Selena smiled, thanking the girl.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show