New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Daemon

Default Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Hello and welcome to the greatest vs thread of all time! We have 128 characters from a variety of universes for you to debate about.

Although this is a debate thread, it is one with a difference. You have to vote for who you think would win before you get to debate. Simply bold the name of the competitor you think would win like this. If you don't want to vote for the character you think would win you can vote for the character you want to win and even cast a joke vote. All of these count to the final vote score. Try and vote in as many combats as possible (there can be 16 at a time). Your vote will progress the tournament.

All characters are at their most powerful (unassisted and non-omnipotent level). They do not get any one-shot power boosts. Ever. They do not get to bring allies with them although they can bring vehicles (for example, Mecha) if doing so increases their power considerably. Both combatents will fight and not hesitate. Fights are Knock-out (or to the death if said opponent cannot be knocked out). This is because some of the characters are immortal.

Now to discuss Terrain Rules. The first person to vote in an individual combat picks the terrain. The only restriction is that the terrain must not be able to harm any or both of the combatants, for example, space, lava, bottom of the sea, toxic environments and anything else. Of course, if both opponents are immune to the environment (and that includes with vehicles like space ships) then they can use it. Environments that aid one combatant are allowed, but not if the environment itself hinders the opponent without manipulation by the advantaged combatant. The rule that combatants cannot have any help still applies. Furthermore, no creatures are present in the terrain to distract combatants.

But that's old stuff. Some of you may have heard of the "twist" this royale would have. I am now at liberty to reveal it as....

Tag teams.

Yes, tag teams. The hero and villain joining forces to fight off similar pairings from other universes. The hero and villain will never "betray" each other, but their antagonism may affect their teamwork. Neither gets any assistance from anyone but their partner.

Time to reveal the first 32 contestants.

Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf)
    Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k)
    Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers)
    King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT)
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator)
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural)
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter)
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars)

Votes due 20th November@ 9:00am. Please vote and debate.
    Last edited by Sunken Valley; 2011-11-13 at 02:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

1. Whitewolf Smiling Jack
    is basically irrelevant, he's a decently powerful elder vampire, while Divis Mal is basically Superman++ level of power.

2. Creed and Swarmlord? That's a bit of WTF pairing.
    WH40K wins though. Pretty much entirely based on the Swarmlord. Creed is a really crap representative for WH40k, since his entire strength is in strategic and tactical planning, not 1 on 1 duels. At least under this set up he has somebody to boss around.

Rachel can transform into a grizzly bear. David can transform into a polar bear maybe? The Swarmlord can solo both without even using his boneswords.

3. Alan Moore
    Kid Miracleman is another Superman+ figure, who dominates his team. Tom Strong is a smart and powerful pulpy action hero from a series about fun science heroes. Kid Miracleman is a metaphor for the Superhero as a god figure...

The transformers can not fight a creature that can level continents.

4. First sort of even fight.
    I'd give it to the Arthurians. Arthur and the Green Knight both have supernatural invulnerability, which is enough to give them an edge. I could at least conceive of the other side winning though, which is more than can be said for the first three matches.

5. Pass.

6. Pass

7. Hum. Don't know. Ascended Mayor took a building exploding to down him. But beating up a big nasty monster seems within the capacities of the Chi Powered street fighters.

If it is unascended Mayor, then Richard Willikins and Giles will be knocked over and hog tied within a few minutes.

8. Star Wars if EU is allowed, where both Luke and Palpy are stupidly powerful.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

1.) Whitewolf fighters
    2.) Warhammer fighters
    3.) Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman
    4.) King Arthur and the Green Knight - better teamwork, armor beats martial arts
    5.) Aang and Koh: Terrain: Cavern complex. Koh has to sit this one out (or at best as a distraction) while Aang Earth-bends the terminators immobile.
    6.) Castiel & Lucifer
    7.) Giles & Ascended Mayor, but barely.
    8.) Luke Skywalker and Palpatine

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator)
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) - The Star Wars team has the advantage in a fight, but Rolo can freeze them allowing Charles to either shoot them, plus Charles's immortality makes the typical force powers useless. Additionally Luke and the Emperor aren't going to cooperate well where as Rolo and Charles were allies for most of the series.
    Last edited by Istari; 2011-11-13 at 03:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Some of you may have heard of the "twist" this royale would have. I am now at liberty to reveal it as....

Tag teams.

Yes, tag teams. The hero and villain joining forces to fight off similar pairings from other universes. The hero and villain will never "betray" each other, but their antagonism may affect their teamwork. Neither gets any assistance from anyone but their partner.
    Knew it.

Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf)
    Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) - Earth animals + Hork-Bajir < 40K stuff
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) - if Aang is in the Avatar State he should be able to beat them easily
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural) - their combined level of hax and sword-lasers is almost unstoppable
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter) - can't Akuma send people to hell by punching them or something?
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) - this comes down to who acts first, which will probably be the guys with precognitive senses
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-13 at 04:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

[B]Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf)
    Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) though they could possibly morph into the Swarmlord. Doubt that they would survive the attempt though.
    Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs[B] Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers)
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) BAM! Headshot
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter)
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) Rolo can freeze time and finish them off with his mech easily. Charles provides a good shield that is immortal and a good stratagest as well.

Votes due 20th November@ 9:00am. Please vote and debate.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-11-16 at 05:34 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Have you got any reason behind those votes?

Because Transformers and AvP both seem staggeringly outclassed. Both Divis Mal and Kid Miracleman are explorations of the theme of superhuman as deity and they have some impressive powers backing that up.

Do you need an explanation on the characters?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) -- pass, I know nothing about Whitewolf and Wikipedia is not helpful here.
    Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) -- This... thing against kids who can turn into... what, bears? That's just wrong.
    Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers) -- Strong goes for coffee while Kid Miracleman rips out some robotic guts. Total curbstomp.
    King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT) -- This is a fun one. I can see it going either way, but I'm giving the edge to the ninjas. The heavy armour of the knights would give them a severe mobility advantage, and that's the last thing you want when facing ninjas.
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) -- I'm not sure on this one; are bender powers stronger than heavy modern firearms? Voting for the T's for now, but could be convinced otherwise.
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural) -- pass for now. How powerful is this particular Lucifer, anyway?
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter) -- Giles gets beat handily. Not sure how strong Wilkins is as a demon, but I think Ken and Akuma can take him down. Hadouken!
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) -- Rolo freezes them, tags in Charles to finish them off.
    Last edited by zingbat; 2011-11-13 at 08:49 PM. Reason: corrected vote
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by zingbat View Post
    King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT) -- This is a fun one. I can see it going either way, but I'm giving the edge to the ninjas. The heavy armour of the knights would give them a severe mobility advantage, and that's the last thing you want when facing ninjas.
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) -- I'm not sure on this one; are bender powers stronger than heavy modern firearms? Voting for the T's for now, but could be convinced otherwise.off.
    Did you mean to vote for the knights?

Argument for Avatar - Earth bending makes a shield against firearms and more bending of basically any type is more than enough to immobilize, decapitate or freeze/melt the terminators, especially considering that they are not nearly agile enough to dodge any bending techniques.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars)
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-11-13 at 08:35 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Have you got any reason behind those votes?

Because Transformers and AvP both seem staggeringly outclassed. Both Divis Mal and Kid Miracleman are explorations of the theme of superhuman as deity and they have some impressive powers backing that up.

Do you need an explanation on the characters?
    yes please! When I don't know anything about one universe I vote for the one I'm familiar with.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Did you mean to vote for the knights?
    Nope. Corrected; thanks!

Still thinking on Avatar. Not convinced yet.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Skipping ones I don't know.
    Ripley is a true Badass and Ash is a goddamn robot. Neither of them are elder vampires though, which renders this pretty much a none-contest.
    Swarmlord utterly massacres Rachel and David by himself. Adding Creed won't even make a difference.

Guys armed with blades and with some magical protection of death will probably beat the unarmoured all-too-mortal guys. The ninjas will probably give them a hard time, but it's still probably a knight's victory.
    I don't recall seeing Aang ever use fire hot enough to melt metal which probably puts the T-1000 outside of his capabilities. He also doesn't move fast enough to block bullets and as such will be taken out by the first shot. Koh is a bit of a problem as his combat powers aren't exactly well-defined. Note though that pitting him against too practically emotionless machines renders his face-stealing powers pretty much useless, and if he can be taken down by conventional weaponry the Terminators will probably be able to do it.

Not voting this one yet as I don't know what Ken and Akuma's damage output is. If they can blow-up a building in a hit (individually or as a combined attack) then they'll probably win. If they can't then Olvikan is going to give them more than a few problems.
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2011-11-14 at 06:42 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Again pointing out for the avatar battle that Aang has the ability to put up rock shields to block bullets or wear rock/crystal armor which would probably also block some bullets. Also especially given the cavern battlefield Aang can easily just collapse a tunnel on their heads to take out the T-800 and assuming the T-1000 can escape that and Aang's fire isn't hot enough to melt him (possible), he can freeze him solid, which he can't get out of.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Guys armed with blades and with some magical protection of death will probably beat the unarmed all-too-mortal guys. The ninjas will probably give them a hard time, but it's still probably a knight's victory.
    Shredder wears bladed armour and uses many different martial arts weapons. Splinter trained the turtles to use their weapons. Why assume they came to this fight unarmed?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Can we assume for the purposes of this fight that Caledfwlch and Caladbolg are the same weapon? If they are, King Arthur blows up the battlefield. If not, eh, it still "burns with the light of thirty torches".

Apart from that, Artie either can't die while he has his sheath or is very hard to kill. Meanwhile, the Green Knight can survive being decapitated.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-13 at 10:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Can we assume for the purposes of this fight that Caledfwlch and Caladbolg are the same weapon? If they are, King Arthur blows up the battlefield. If not, eh, it still "burns with the light of thirty torches".

Apart from that, Artie either can't die while he has his sheath or is very hard to kill. Meanwhile, the Green Knight can survive being decapitated.
    You think the Irish are going to let Arthur use their best sword? Forget it, pal.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Tag teams.
    BAM! You hear that? That's my head exploding Makes for some amusing fights I guess. And heck, Willow and Evil Willow tagteaming their enemies? Think of the after battle victory celebration! ........................ Okay, okay, voting now...

King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT) - I think it's a balanced battle but I'll give the ninjas the edge due to their mobility.
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) - Koh will be lazy in this on but Aang can just earth bend shield and then wreck enough havok on them. Given, neither fire nor wind will be too useful but some few ton rocks should do the job and then freeze them to a standstill.
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) - I'll give to to Rolo and Charles. For all their force powers they have no superior defense to protect them from freezing/head shot combo. Also, Charles is hard to take out which I guess will be difficult later as well. Might be we got an end game team here.

Votes due 20th November@ 9:00am. Please vote and debate.[/QUOTE]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zingbat View Post
    Shredder wears bladed armour and uses many different martial arts weapons. Splinter trained the turtles to use their weapons. Why assume they came to this fight unarmed?
    Sorry, that should read unarmoured, I'll go and edit it now. Yes, I know Shredder wears some armour, but it doesn't exactly cover him well (particularly his limbs).

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) - Koh will be lazy in this on but Aang can just earth bend shield and then wreck enough havok on them. Given, neither fire nor wind will be too useful but some few ton rocks should do the job and then freeze them to a standstill.
    How exactly is he going to wreck havok? The T-800 could potentially be taken-out by rocks, but it's still a hell of a lot more durable than a normal human and, as I previously mention, Aang simply cannot produce the temperatures required to pose any real threat to the T-1000 (hot or cold). Note also that both of them are far, far, stronger than any human and they will probably be armed with guns which could be blocked with an earth shield but that depends on Aang being able to shield before they pull the trigger as he doesn't possess superhuman reflexes. On top of this, the T-1000 is incredibly fast and can grow blades capable of shearing through metal. Toph maybe would win this through metal-bending, but Aang can't do that and therefore is pretty much screwed.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Plus the T-800 does get to use things like RPGs and bazookas. A rock shield won't protect very well from that. Putting the fight in a cave actually benfits the Terminators because they need less light to see. That combined with their amazing targeting. The T-1000 pretty much can't be stopped by Aang at all so while the T-800 is battered the T-1000 can take out Aang.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

yes please! When I don't know anything about one universe I vote for the one I'm familiar with.
    Smiling Jack: Anarch at Large
    Spoiler
    Show

Smiling Jack was born in the 1600's, and embraced as a member of the Brujah clan. He spent his early years as a pirate. In the Final Nights of the Masquerade, Jack was a legend. The embodiment of the Anarch ideals. He took crap from nobody, helped those who needed it, lived large and kicked ass.

Jack has an unassuming appearance, looking more like a street hobo than an ancient predator. Despite this though, his powers are impressive. Jack is an elder of the Brujah renowned for his knowledge of Potence and Celerity, as well as for being tougher than old boots. Jack eschews the mental disciplines of the vampires in favour of being a super strong, super fast, super tough BAMF.

But while being a Vampire may let you tank shotgun blasts and heal in the blink of an eye, it also carries significant weaknesses. Fire and Sunlight cause intense damage, and weapons of extreme faith can also be particularly useful.

TLDR: Super fast, super tough, super strong vampire with centuries of experience.

Divis Mal: Terrible Angel
    Spoiler
    Show

Born at the turn of the twentieth century, Divis Mal was present at the "Hammersmith" incident in 1922. The incident turned him into something beyond human.. the first of a new breed of creatures known as "Novas". His early life was spent adventuring with the Aeon society, defeating larger than life villains and crazy schemes. By the 40's however his incredible powers and arrogance had formed a wedge between the society and Divis Mal. His oldest friends turned on him in a battle that sent him into hiding for another 50 years. Worse, it alienated his one beloved, the time traveller Max Mercer.

By the 1990's Divis Mal had completed his master plan. Humanity was obsolete, he would create the new gods. Other beings like himself. He flooded the world with Quantum energy and acted as the shepherd to the new generation of Novas that emerged.

Divis Mal was incredibly powerful. His quantum energies had pushed him beyond human in every conceivable manner. His mind was smarter than the greatest of humanity, his charisma was enough to sway nations, and his physical prowess was enough to shake continents. Beyond that, he had incredible powers, he could create energy fields out of startling green plasma, fly faster than sound, freeze opponents in stasis. With effort and time, he could do almost anything. While the new Novas played the part of Superheroes, Divis Mal knew that they were truly becoming gods.

EDIT: Divis Mal has a thing about free choice. He doesn't kill unless it's really necessary, he hates overriding the wills of others and he will happily engage in debate rather than combat. Smiling Jack may actually primarily be helpful to keep him focussed.

TLDR: Incredible superstrength, toughness, speed. The generation of plasma storms capable of levelling cities. Variety of powers manipulating energy. Incredible mental acumen.

Tom Strong: Science Hero
    Spoiler
    Show

Tom Strong was born at the dawn of the twentieth century. He was placed in a high gravity chamber by his parents, and fed upon a rare tropical herb. The end result was to give him a superhuman physique and incredible longevity. Tom's major power though is his formidable intellect. Raised in the best scientific traditions, Tom has used his mind to tackle problems that seemed insoluble for the best part of a century. With his family behind him, his years of experience and his incredible mind Tom has handled foes as diverse as Alien Ants, Living Planets, Invaders from Beyond Time and Extradimensional Attackers.

TLDR: Superstrong. Very smart and experienced. Uses gadgets.

Kid Miracleman: A God Alone
    Spoiler
    Show

Kid Miracleman was the child sidekick of Miracleman. But while Miracleman vanished in the fifties, Kid Miracleman remained. He grew and matured. His already formidable strength and power became still greater. His mind however became twisted and warped by decades of being the only god in a world of mortals.

When Miracleman reemerged, that drove Kid Miracleman beyond the edge. He went on a rampage, killing millions. It took an alliance of half a dozen superheroes to bring him down.

Kid Miracleman has all the powers and abilities of Miracleman. He can fly at incredible speeds, generate forcefields and shoot energy blasts. His mental faculties are beyond human, capable of perceiving things on a level above and beyond humanity. This causes a perception of godhood.

TLDR: Incredible superspeed, super strength, telepathy, energy generation, flight.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2011-11-14 at 07:35 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Again pointing out for the avatar battle that Aang has the ability to put up rock shields to block bullets or wear rock/crystal armor which would probably also block some bullets.
    Problem 1: if you're pitting human reflex versus bullets then bullets are going to win. Every time. Especially is the guy facing them has never seen a gun before. Terminators are also incredibly good shots.
    Problem 2: Explosive weaponry is not exactly unknown to the T-800. The T-1000 can probably dismantle a rock shield/armour 'naked'.

Also especially given the cavern battlefield Aang can easily just collapse a tunnel on their heads to take out the T-800
    This could probably work on the T-800. The problem is that Aang is unlikely to resort to this kind of attack as an opening move, given that he dislikes overkill and is unlikely to know what a robot is, so there's a fair chance he'll get shot before he pulls this off (low-light conditions help the Terminators far more than they help him).
    and assuming the T-1000 can escape that
    It walked away from crashing a speeding juggernaut into a concrete piller and the subsequent explosion undamaged. A cave-in might slow it down but that's probably all.

and Aang's fire isn't hot enough to melt him (possible),
    We are talking temperatures of over 1,000 Celsius here. Firebending has never been shown to do that in a single attack. Maybe if you took a long time and concentrated effort, but you won't get that in a fight.
    he can freeze him solid
    Just a reminder, it took being doused in liquid nitrogen (which is around -200 Celsius in temperature) to freeze the T-1000 solid. So again, odds of this actually happening are pretty remote.

Point being, Aang could possibly take-out the T-800 - he'd still probably lose that fight, but it is within his capacity to win if luck's with him. The T-1000 though is well beyond his abilities and it will murder him, unless Koh can do anything to it which seems rather unlikely (given that Koh isn't really a combat entity and his face-stealing is worthless here).

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Kid Miracleman: A God Alone

TLDR: Incredible superspeed, super strength, telepathy, energy generation, flight.
    Also, he's a murderous psychopath. That may be of note. Tom Strong is probably questioning his choice of partner...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    True, but they don't have to be killed. Knocking them out or incapacitating them in some way is enough for the win.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Also, I'm sticking with the Terminators. Aang might have a chance against just the T-800, but I don't think he can do anything against the T-1000.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Plus the T-800 does get to use things like RPGs and bazookas. A rock shield won't protect very well from that. Putting the fight in a cave actually benfits the Terminators because they need less light to see. That combined with their amazing targeting. The T-1000 pretty much can't be stopped by Aang at all so while the T-800 is battered the T-1000 can take out Aang.
    Okay, I suppose we won't agree on the other points, but Aang does have a less potent version of Toph's tremorsense, so he has superior vision to the terminators.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

So... I guess there is something about the Avatar/Terminator battle we should consider. What weaponry do we make available? Neither Terminator can create weapons, that are not blades or the like. I guess you could argue T-1000 could just create a piercing weapon to reach Aang but then that wouldn't be nearly on the level of a normal gun in speed (and probably not power)
    Anyway, if we give them guns it is I guess slightly unfair against a far technologically disadvantaged opponent who wouldn't even consider it might be a threat. But that's like a matter of any battle where the opponents are not from the real world. They don't know each other capabilities. And that means the more advanced enemy will win, unless the other is a cheating bastard. And for the sake of the argument I'll say Aang realizes the danger of a gun pointed at him.

Stand to reason the matter of the T-1000. We know very little about Aang' range of abilities or its resilience to heat/cold. He might just liquidify (is that even a word?) out of a landslide but if he gets shot with fire long enough that might be enough to take him out... or he might be rendered useless if trapped in suffiecent rock, who knows? Of course, Aang is not certain to win but I'll give him the chance of a doubt.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I suppose we won't agree on the other points, but Aang does have a less potent version of Toph's tremorsense, so he has superior vision to the terminators.
    Didn't know that. So that helps a little. Regarding the new information about them vampires and those weird superheroes/villian

Ok the Vampires definatly got this but it would be one awesome fight since Riply gets her powersuit or her awesome gun/flamethrower

I would actually give the fight to the transformers but Starscream is so incompetant he would actually make Rhionex do worse then normal. And it would be a close fight normally.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Just a reminder, it took being doused in liquid nitrogen (which is around -200 Celsius in temperature) to freeze the T-1000 solid. So again, odds of this actually happening are pretty remote.
    After looking up the scene, he froze after being doused in liquid nitrogen, not necessarily the minimum temperature required to do so, and all he really needs to do is encase him in ice, which has been shown to be possible, and since the T-1000 can only recover once its unfrozen (never if Aang stays there), it qualifies as a knockout.
    Last edited by Istari; 2011-11-14 at 03:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok the Vampires definatly got this but it would be one awesome fight since Riply gets her powersuit or her awesome gun/flamethrower
    I could see a fight between Ripley and Jack being interesting. I think ultimately he would be too fast for her, and would end up ripping her powersuit to pieces, bit by bit. Or dive onto Ripley and knock her out, since the powerlifter doesn't cover her in armour. If she *could* get him in her lifting claws or hit him with the flamethrower however, things would go badly for Jack...

Divis Mal kind of trivializes matters though. :/
    Nothing the power suit can do would hurt him in the slightest, while he could easily disintegrate it into atoms with a gesture. Or more likely, drain all the power from it, then lift Ripley out of the machine in a bubble of energy leaving her unharmed.