New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 21 Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon)
    10 Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower)
    8 Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs 25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore)
    6Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 27 T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator)
    2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs 31 Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Just as Whitewolf and Discworld fight...A pink daemon comes out of nowhere crushes Divis Mal and Smiling Jack, eats Coin (who cannot resist), conjurs Weatherwax from nowhere and proclaims in a booming voice "FROM THIS DAY FORTH, DISCWORLD SHALL ALWAYS HAVE TWO HEROES. AND DOCTOR WHO WILL ALWAYS HAVE TWO VILLAINS. THANK YOU PLAYGROUND, YOU'VE SAVED ME THE STRESS OF KILLING OFF TWO POPULAR UNIVERSES IN THE PURGE BECAUSE OF LACK OF FORCE ON ONE SIDE.
    Wait, what? Uhm... well, at least it stays in the country.. God bless the UK? Does this mean Jack is also out or is this only for future battles? (Wait, did Jack and the Dalek win their last fight?)

Pass on everything I don't know a party.

16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 17 Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) - Robot superiority!
    12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 21 Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) - Well... that's a tricky one, I guess... Pass for now... I guess it all comes down to how much pwer you give the mutants *cough*
    6Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 27 T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) - Godzilla stomp.
    4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 29 Varsuuvius & Xykon (Order of the Stick) - For all their smarts, the wizard/sorcerer is outclassed.
    2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs 31 Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) - I'm weak... I started it and now... Urgh, the Friendship will prevail!

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs 31 Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
    Looking at your avatar, why am I not surprised?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 21 Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) - Well... that's a tricky one, I guess... Pass for now... I guess it all comes down to how much pwer you give the mutants *cough*
    Are Psychic attacks super effective against the Hulk?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Even if they are, the hulk's going to be at least level 1000. Those pokemans don't stand a chance.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can they hit the pokemon though? Both Pokemon can fly and Mewtwo should be able to deflect any projectiles Magneto sends at them.

For location since nobody appears to have mentioned it yet, I'll set it on a desert island.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    Even if they are, the hulk's going to be at least level 1000. Those pokemans don't stand a chance.
    Mewtwo should be capable of calming the Hulk or Articuno can effectivly freeze him for a technical KO. Magneto is pretty doomed in this scenario.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

eh, since when has mewtwo been able to do that? Also although I'm the first to admit I know little about the hulk, from the little I do know it's not the kind of thing you can just freeze and forget about.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Articuno used Mind Reader! Articuno took aim at Hulk!
    Articuno used Sheer Cold!

Doesn't Magneto's helmet block psychic powers? Not that it would stop Mewtwo from hitting him with Shadow Ball or Focus Blast.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 17 Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) -- Robot power!
    14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 19 King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) -- No contest, here.
    12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 21 Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) -- Hulk smashes! It's Super Effective!
    10 Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) -- Based on previous discussion, I don't think Team Dark Tower has anything that can take out Team Disney.
    8 Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs 25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) -- A vampire with guns and a paladin vampire-killer? Please. Tom Strong stands a good chance of beating them himself. They have no chance against Kid Miracleman.
    6Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 27 T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) -- MechaGodzilla would like to show you what a real killer robot looks like.
    4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 29 Varsuuvius & Xykon (Order of the Stick) -- Bah. No comment.
    2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs 31 Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) -- Damn it, bronies! Your ponies may be surprisingly awesome, but there's nothing they could do to hurt a super-strong, shape-shifting telepath and the thing that killed Superman in a fist fight! The only question here should be whether J'onn J'onzz takes them down without seriously harming them, or if Doomsday smashes them into a delicious rainbow paste for his morning toast.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 17 Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse)
    A powered up Megaman and Protoman do seem like they've got enough powers to rip up a big monster. Once again, Giles might as well not have shown up(This is why people should consider if they're actually nominating somebody who would be a challenge to anybody else on the roster, rather than just somebody they like)

14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 19 King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend)
    Arthur and the Green Knight have a nebulous invulnerability, and are stronger than normal men. But they're up against two complete demigods. Mahou Sensei Negima quite clearly has this.

Marvel.
    Hulk and Magneto both have immense resistance to psychic attacks. Magneto due to his special hat. Hulk due to his rage providing protection, along with his fractured psyche being impossible to attack properly.

The power level of the Pokemon verse is all screwed up given that a creator deity can lose a fight with a caterpillar, but Hulk and Magneto have both demonstrated destructive potential beyond what I've seen from either of the mons and I think they'd be immune to most cheap shots that I can think of.

10 Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower)
    I suppose the question is... can bullets from Excalibur hurt Maleficent? Because she is going to be hit by 12 of them hitting her in the head before the first second of the fight even finishes. If she can survive that, then she can bring all her magics and the powers of the Genie to bear for an easy win. If she can't, then Flagg and Roland might just take this.

Based on her death scene in Sleeping Beauty, I would have to say that if a single hit from a magic sword can take her down, then a magic gun probably could too. At the moment then, I'm voting for Dark Tower.

8 Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs 25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore)
    Alucard would have a chance. But these second stringers? No. They can't beat the Moore creations.

Godzilla. Not much needs to be said here.

4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 29 Varsuuvius & Xykon (Order of the Stick)
    Xykon's favourite high level duelling technique is to energy drain people down. Level drain only takes away 2d4 levels at a time. As is well attested, Dragonball has people with *OVER 9000!*.

Nothing demonstrated on the show is good enough to give the DC folk pause. The Sonic Rainboom is penny ante stuff. Rainbow Dash's speed and strength is not impressive to the superfolk. Nightmare Moon's mental manipulations and illusions is in an even worse boat with the Martian Manhunter around. Even taking the perspective that Nightmare Moon can summon and control the moon, and the moon is the same size of that of earth, that still won't be enough to defeat these two. The DC folk are just more powerful.

Anybody voting for the ponies on the basis of "Friendship always wins" would be wise to examine exactly which ponies they are voting for. This isn't the Mane 6 united. This isn't even one of the nicer ponies like Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie or Twilight. This is Rainbow Dash, always the most acerbic and aggressive of the group. She doesn't befriend foes, she fights them. And Nightmare Moon obviously isn't going to be extolling the virtues of harmony.

So... somebody give me a reasonable summation of how the ponies are going to win this?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 17 Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) - Two super powered robot things probably kill a demon and a regular human.

14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 19 King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) - Pass, don't know universes.

12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 21 Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) - Hulk alone is practically undefeatable at his strongest. Having Magneto along just makes things more of a stomp.

10 Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) - Does Maleficent have to command the Genie? If so, then its possible Dark Tower has a chance. If the Genie acts on his own, they probably have no chance I'd imagine since I don't think bullets can do much to the Genie.

8 Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs 25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) - Pass don't know the universes.

- Kinda lopsided this one. The terminators don't stand a chance.

4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 29 Varsuuvius & Xykon (Order of the Stick) -Even without deep knowledge of Dragonball I know these guys are way above the OotS characters.

2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs 31 Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) - As stated in the previous post, these are not the ponies that would use friendship to win. Which then leads to the DC team to horribly destroy the ponies.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    I suppose the question is... can bullets from Excalibur hurt Maleficent? Because she is going to be hit by 12 of them hitting her in the head before the first second of the fight even finishes. If she can survive that, then she can bring all her magics and the powers of the Genie to bear for an easy win. If she can't, then Flagg and Roland might just take this.
    That's a good point. Roland will just quick-draw and empty his guns, won't he? I need to revise my assessment. I see quite a few big questions:

1. Will Roland know to shoot at Maleficent instead of Genie?
    2. Can M. work up some protective magic to defend against the first hail of bullets?
    3. Can Genie act independently of M.?
    4. Will Roland and Flagg figure out the link between Genie and the lamp?

So, thinking about it a little more...
    1. Seems simple enough: two guns, two opponents. Six shots each off the draw. Genie doesn't even blink, but Maleficent...
    2. I doubt she's going to play defense. She'll be looking to hurt her opponents. Six bullets to the head for her.
    3. I'm assuming he can. That makes things extremely difficult for Team Dark Tower, but not impossible...
    4. Flagg sounds like a clever bastard with strong magical knowledge. He'll figure out the lamp before Maleficent hits the ground. So, Genie has to use his powers effectively. He has to either knock out Team DT immediately (no messing around with dancing ropes or rainstorms or whatever else), or take a minute to protect the lamp. Unfortunately, "Genie" and "smart" don't really go together.

So, how quickly can Roland reload? If he could get twelve shots off at the lamp before Genie can act, Dark Tower could win. I still doubt it at this point, but there's a chance.
    Last edited by zingbat; 2011-12-19 at 10:17 AM.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

About these buffyverse guys. Who are they? For that matter, what about the things from megaman? I vaguely remember that thing, wasn't it a platformer? Are we talking a samus or a mario here?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

That's a good point. Roland will just quick-draw and empty his guns, won't he? I need to revise my assessment. I see quite a few big questions:

1. Will Roland know to shoot at Maleficent instead of Genie?
    2. Can M. work up some protective magic to defend against the first hail of bullets?
    3. Can Genie act independently of M.?
    4. Will Roland and Flagg figure out the link between Genie and the lamp?
    I didnt read more than the first book, but why would Roland empty his gun into a enemy, when he he could just shoot them a couple of times in the head?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

About these buffyverse guys. Who are they? For that matter, what about the things from megaman? I vaguely remember that thing, wasn't it a platformer? Are we talking a samus or a mario here?
    I never actually played them but I think they are more a linear course with a boss battle at the end. So a Mario.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, you never player Megaman? My mind is blown
    It's... somewhere in between... And kind of none of either. But I'd say much closer to Metroid.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

About these buffyverse guys. Who are they?
    Olvikan is the Ascended Mayor, the big bad of season 3. A giant demon snake thing. He was defeated by the entirety of Sunnydale High wielding flamethrowers, driving him inside a building which was rigged to explode. Another member of the species of the mayor was destroyed in an exploding volcano. The mayor himself was a powerful sorceror before his ascension, but didn't really have any combat spells or abilities that would translate to his demon form.

Giles is a normal human, with some minor magical ability, extensive supernatural knowledge, high intelligence and a decent fighting skill. Probably wielding a crossbow and axe.

For that matter, what about the things from megaman?
    Megaman is a robot, with various combat capabilities. His main attack is a laser blaster that can be charged for more powerful attacks. He can shoot missiles, he has energy shielding, can dash around, jump and manoeuvre well. Upon defeating a robot foe he upgrades himself with weaponry based on their powers.

Protoman was the precursor to Megaman, reprogrammed to evil then back to good. He has similar capacities but is generally bulkier and tougher, but a little slower. He has a shield.

If the Genie acts on his own
    I suppose this is the crux issue, and we really need Sunken Valley to clarify it.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Protoman was the precursor to Megaman, reprogrammed to evil then back to good. He has similar capacities but is generally bulkier and tougher, but a little slower. He has a shield.
    I am pretty sure he were newer programmed for anything besides having a free will.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ok. The robots. Definitely the robots.
    Megaman

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 17 Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse)

Megaman/Protoman. This is basically a 2-on-1, since Giles doesn't add a whole lot.

14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 19 King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend)
    Pass

Marvel. Both Hulk and Magneto are highly resistant to psi-attacks and coldness (they both have been out in space, Articuno can't get colder than that).

Dark Tower. The Disney characters might be more powerful, but they are not clever enough to use this to their advantage.

Kid could do this alone.

Godzilla, easily.

Pass

DC, easily. I know you guys like MLP here, but how can they possibly win this?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Marvel. Both Hulk and Magneto are highly resistant to psi-attacks and coldness (they both have been out in space, Articuno can't get colder than that).
    Actualy, this isnt quite correct, outer space has a temperture of about 3-5 Kelvin, but the theoreticaly lowest possible value is 0.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Actualy, this isnt quite correct, outer space has a temperture of about 3-5 Kelvin, but the theoreticaly lowest possible value is 0.
    That's only half of it. Trouble is, in vacuum you have hardly any loss of thermal energy as opposed to beaingsoaked in e.g. really cold liquid or gass or whatever. Yeah, space is cold but it's notsomething you freeze to death in in short time.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Banned

Daemon

12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 21 Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) Hulk smash! Magneto Seal fate!
    10 Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) Genie's a fool and Mal falls to magic guns.
    8 Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs 25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) 2 on 1
    4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 29 Varsuuvius & Xykon (Order of the Stick) Dragonball is overated. All the character's "death balls" and "kamekames" and "Super transformations" are little better than meteor swarm. Power levels are bull and don't equal CR or HD. I've seen the mighty Buu pegged as CR30. And he is a weak CR30. Xykon can easily beat Cooler. Plus he has Suuvie to help. Oh and Gohan's useless after Cell saga (in which he wasn't all that helpful before going SS2). He's so strong but he's stupid and in Buu saga he's a joke.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Magneto Seal fate!
    What is this referring to?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 29 Varsuuvius & Xykon (Order of the Stick) Dragonball is overated. All the character's "death balls" and "kamekames" and "Super transformations" are little better than meteor swarm.
    Meteor swarm spells destroy planets?
    Power levels are bull and don't equal CR or HD.
    I don't understand. You mean "Something with a power level of 10 does not have 10HD"? No one said Xykon was power level 23(?) or anything.

I've seen the mighty Buu pegged as CR30. And he is a weak CR30.
    Compared to someone who abuses Epic Spellcasting maybe, but Xykon does not.

Xykon can easily beat Cooler.
    The same Xykon who tried to fight an army of incorporeal guys by spamming weak blasting spells? Fighting a guy who can survive planets exploding?

Plus he has Suuvie to help. Oh and Gohan's useless after Cell saga (in which he wasn't all that helpful before going SS2). He's so strong but he's stupid and in Buu saga he's a joke.
    Wasn't Gohan actually stronger than Buu?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-23 at 06:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

8 Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs 25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) 2 on 1
    Much as Tom might as well not be in this tournament for all the hep he'll be in winning his teams matches, it doesn't mean he is objectively weak. Tom Strong is a badass, with some decent superstrength, nice equipment, good skills and lots of smarts. Almost like a Reed Richards figure, except with super strength instead of stretching. He would be a pretty good solo matchup against either of the Alucard fighters. This isn't a Giles situation where someone basically unsuited for the tournament has been entered, Tom Strong is a legitimate fighter who I'd give an edge over several other contestants or even teams.

What he doesn't do however, is operate on the level of a living god. Anyone who can be hurt by Tom will not even register as a threat to Kid Miracleman. Kid Miracleman wiped out London in the blink of an eye, took a half dozen superman level foes to take down, and was eventually bested by large objects being merged with his atomic structure.(And taking other Miracleman family characters as proxy proof of toughness, things like conventional military and atomic bombs aren't any good.)

In this circumstance "2 vs. 1" is bad reasoning. The only way it can be taken as true is if you are saying that Tom is too weak to matter. And the only way Tom is too weak to matter is if the opponents are operating at the level of Kid Miracleman. And the number of people in this tournament operating on the level of Kid Miracleman is a very select few, of which the Alucard second stringers do not number.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Dragon ball isn't overrated, it just really is that overpowered. IMO it should be banned from subsequent battle royales, because it beats everything in terms of raw strength. Except things that aren't even trying to be sane, like a few superman versions and gurren lagann.
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-23 at 08:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

And thats why i would send my vote to V, since he has a decent chance of turning this away from a contest of raw physical strenght.

To start with something as simple as a forcecage would lock down anyone who could not teleport or dispel it, and a dimensional anchor could stop anyone without a dispel magic from teleporting.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    And thats why i would send my vote to V, since he has a decent chance of turning this away from a contest of raw physical strenght.

To start with something as simple as a forcecage would lock down anyone who could not teleport or dispel it, and a dimensional anchor could stop anyone without a dispel magic from teleporting.
    About that... DBZ characters can tear holes in space-time by shouting loud enough.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-24 at 06:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Do you mean that forcecage that miko managed to rip out of the ground with the help of that damn horse? Fairly sure that they would probably manage that as well. Hell, they could probably rip the forcecage apart, nobody in D&D has their kind of brute strength.

Plus if they were actually taking it seriously, it would be over before anyone could say or cast anything. And they certainly would take it seriously as soon as one of them is defeated by some method like that. Oh, and they can win from inside the forcecage. And there's the dimensional rip, which Gohan can probably do and cooler almost certainly can't. So yeah. Team OOTS's only chance as I see it is for them to kill both characters at the same time with some kind of spell that will actually work. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-24 at 07:17 AM.