New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    What he doesn't do however, is operate on the level of a living god. Anyone who can be hurt by Tom will not even register as a threat to Kid Miracleman. Kid Miracleman wiped out London in the blink of an eye, took a half dozen superman level foes to take down, and was eventually bested by large objects being merged with his atomic structure.(And taking other Miracleman family characters as proxy proof of toughness, things like conventional military and atomic bombs aren't any good.)
    Young Miracleman was taken out by an atomic bomb and Miracleman severely injured by it, but this was when they were both practically on top of it. Kid sensed there was something wrong and ran before it detonatated. But they have taken anti-tank missiles to the face and shown nothing but vague amsuement

And he didn't wipe out London in the blink of an eye, he took his time over it so he could enjoy it. Which should tell you all you need to know about him
    Last edited by comicshorse; 2011-12-24 at 11:26 AM.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Young Miracleman was taken out by an atomic bomb and Miracleman severely injured by it but this was when they were both practically on top of it. Kid sensed there was something wrong and ran before it detonatated. But they have take anti-tank missiles to the face and shown nothing but vague amsuement
    Young Miracleman only died because he changed back to a human when the bomb detonated and Miracleman only got amnesia he wasn't physically damaged at all.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

About that... DBZ characters can tear holes in space-time by shouting loud enough.
    Well, it looks like that mostly worked because they were captured in some sort of demi-plane.

Do you mean that forcecage that miko managed to rip out of the ground with the help of that damn horse? Fairly sure that they would probably manage that as well. Hell, they could probably rip the forcecage apart, nobody in D&D has their kind of brute strength.
    If you read though the comic carefully, you would have learned that wasnt a forcecage.

Plus if they were actually taking it seriously, it would be over before anyone could say or cast anything. And they certainly would take it seriously as soon as one of them is defeated by some method like that. Oh, and they can win from inside the forcecage. And there's the dimensional rip, which Gohan can probably do and cooler almost certainly can't. So yeah. Team OOTS's only chance as I see it is for them to kill both characters at the same time with some kind of spell that will actually work. Any ideas?
    Well, thats why smart wizards have contingencies in place, and no, you can make a solid forcecage without bars, that would automaticaly take both of them out of the fight if they were standing close enough to each other.

All this is something V could do alone, we dont know quite enough of Xykons spell selection to say exactly what he could deliver.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Axolotl View Post
    Young Miracleman only died because he changed back to a human when the bomb detonated and Miracleman only got amnesia he wasn't physically damaged at all.
    Pretty sure not. YM was in the Dragonslayer when he died (i.e) in a huge floating machine he had to fly to get into. He reverted to his human form AS he died
    Miracleman was knocked out of the air and burned, he was fully healed when he returned years later because his body still heals even when its not being used because he's being Mike Moran
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'm still not convinced that a forcecage would hold them. Aguably, Gohan can break out regardless of how good it is because he (probably) has the ability to tear through dimensions. Whatever that means. But somehow I doubt something that can be stopped by a disintegrate spell will hold a couple of planet busters.

If we assume it does hold them, it's still apparently a 10ft cube spell. Saying they're going to be *that* close together is pushing it a bit. Finally... I haven't seen any of the cooler movies. But wasn't there something about him being more than one person? If so, that screws everything right up anyway.

Oh, and we'd be applying weird rules anyway, having V immediately pull out one of the only spells that will work, while dragon ball stand around even though they could finish the fight in an instant.
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-24 at 11:37 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306

Pretty sure not. YM was in the Dragonslayer when he died (i.e) in a huge floating machine he had to fly to get into. He reverted to his human form AS he died
    Kid Miracleman was in there as well but he wasn't injured. YM was only killed because he paniced and sried out to Miracleman tom save, which caused him to transform.
    Miracleman was knocked out of the air and burned, he was fully healed when he returned years later because his body still heals even when its not being used because he's being Mike Moran
    But both KM and Mike Moran still have all of their injuries when in the other space (I can't remember the name of it offfhand), we see KM in there after the final battle with him and he's still damaged.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Kid Miracleman was in there as well but he wasn't injured. YM was only killed because he paniced and sried out to Miracleman tom save, which caused him to transform.
    Nope, Kid realized there was something up and fled, he wasn't present when Dragonslayer detonated.

But both KM and Mike Moran still have all of their injuries when in the other space (I can't remember the name of it offfhand), we see KM in there after the final battle with him and he's still damaged.
    Yes but they still heal while there, this is mentioned explicitly by his wife when he tranforms back from Mike Moran some days after his first fight with KM, that the burns Miracleman had recieved had healed some while he was in the other space.
    Yes we see KM in there after the final battle but as the girder is still in his head he's going to find that hard to heal

Kinda getting off-thread here, if you wish to continue this PM me and we can avoid boring the non-comic fans
    Last edited by comicshorse; 2011-12-24 at 02:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Daemon

Results are in
    Mega man
    Negima
    Marvel
    Dark Tower
    Hellsing
    Godzilla
    Dragonball
    Tie

Please vote to resolve tie between DC and Ponies

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Results are in
    Mega man
    Negima
    Marvel
    Dark Tower
    Hellsing
    Godzilla
    Dragonball
    Tie

Please vote to resolve tie between DC and Ponies
    Votecount for DC vs. Ponies is 5-4 to DC.
    Votecount for Helsing vs. Alan Moore is 3-3.

10. - Top - End - #310

Nope, Kid realized there was something up and fled, he wasn't present when Dragonslayer detonated.
    True, I just checked the dream where it shows KM and YM entering it I forgot where KM flew out again.

Kinda getting off-thread here, if you wish to continue this PM me and we can avoid boring the non-comic fans
    Fair enough. Although I will just note that the Nuke wasn't enough to kill 50's Miracleman and that 80's Kid Miracleman was explicitly far more powerful than him.

Oh and that there is no way KM should be able to lose that fight with the Hellsing guys.
    Last edited by Axolotl; 2011-12-24 at 05:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

Daemon

Thanks Selrach! No one voted to break that tie so I'l pick team AM.

Next set!

Round 3
    1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre)
    28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs 7 Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar)
    24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid)
    20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld)
    16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima)
    12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower)
    25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs 6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla)
    4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe)

Votes due New Years day 9am GMT. Please vote!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

This one goes to 40k mostly because Creed is a tactical genius who as i recall is able to sneak a 40 m tall killer mecha up on his opponent, and because the Swarmlords combination of allmost unavoideble attacks and psychic harrashment should give it an edge on the fight against fighter.

This one i would hand to the Bleach universe mostly because superman practicaly is in a 2 vs 1 fight where both of his superhuman opponents got magical swords, and one of them is even further bringing a serious magical talent on the field, and combining it with the ability to screw peoples senses up.

20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld)
    Well, in this case we have 2 mostly normal humans against something that seems to be city-sized abominations, normaly they shouldn't stand a chance, but in that case Cohen would be unable to lose because he is powered by the Hero's code from the discworlds narrative system.

16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima)
    In this fight the robots are simply outmached.

In this fight i do belive that Manhunter would be flattend like a pancake by the first blow, leaving the DB champions to try and pound some sense into the skull of Doomsday.
    Of course, MM has no problems with being flat, and if he is not being pounded on, then his telepatical power should bring his team to victory.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Fair enough. Although I will just note that the Nuke wasn't enough to kill 50's Miracleman and that 80's Kid Miracleman was explicitly far more powerful than him.

Oh and that there is no way KM should be able to lose that fight with the Hellsing guys.
    No arguments there

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Arguable who would win. I guess I just like (know) 40K more.
    Dammit superman! <_<
    Tough one. Again, could go either way, but I think the combination of clones and summons would keep metroid busy enough to get in enough sneaky rasengans to win. The fourth hokage certainly is fast enough that they'll need to use xray visor to track him, and even then their slower weapons (more powerful) weapons won't hit. Both have amazing summons that would be metroid boss level in their own right. Add a powerful, elusive extra fighter to a boss battle and team metroid loses.
    Digimon would win, but I dislike them so much I'm just gonna pass. So long, discworld :(
    Jack seems to be really, really strong. I think he could win.
    I'm betting that dark tower won't be able to kill the hulk. Even though they seem like more interesting characters... oh well.
    25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs 6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla)
    Pass
    Aforementioned overpowered dragon ball.
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-27 at 06:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

New round, new fun.

24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) - Could go either way but i think the ninja'shave the edge. Though they are much more vulnerable they got the agility to dodge most stuff.
    20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) - Narrative causality says an eldritch abomination can't win against Cohen in the end. Also, Esme Weatherwax.
    Hm... I'm in doubt but I'll give Toriyama's crew the edge. Gohan has fought world destroying beings before and won. Cooler... will cheer him on?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Round 3

Finally a fight where Tom Strong can actually be of some use. A machine like Mechagodzilla is just begging to be taken over or neutralized by the scientific genius of Tom and while Godzilla is tough he's no match for the Superman (plus ?) level power of KM

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I'm in doubt but I'll give Toriyama's crew the edge. Gohan has fought world destroying beings before and won. Cooler... will cheer him on?
    Yeah they most likely does have a physical edge, but as i recall none of them has any sort of mental defence against a world-class telepath like MM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) - Narrative causality says an eldritch abomination can't win against Cohen in the end. Also, Esme Weatherwax.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well, in this case we have 2 mostly normal humans against something that seems to be city-sized abominations, normaly they shouldn't stand a chance, but in that case Cohen would be unable to lose because he is powered by the Hero's code from the discworlds narrative system.
    Alphamon is a legendary hero who appears only in the hour of the world's greatest need, like a digital version of the sleeping King Arthur. Would this interfere with Cohen?

EDIT: On checking The Code... Alphamon leads the Royal Knights, and first appeared as a weak digimon before transforming into Alphamon. Would this trigger "Kings in disguise will always win"?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-25 at 10:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Bugbear in the Playground

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Round 3
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: On checking The Code... Alphamon leads the Royal Knights, and first appeared as a weak digimon before transforming into Alphamon. Would this trigger "Kings in disguise will always win"?
    Well, the code on that wiki was made by a fan who didn't do a very good job out of it, "kings in disguise will allways win" is not a part of the code, its something he has made up because he apperently didnt read the Last Hero proberly.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah they most likely does have a physical edge, but as i recall none of them has any sort of mental defence against a world-class telepath like MM.
    Do "being a cyborg" and "completely pure of heart" help? Also, when Vegeta was mind-controlled he could basically ignore it and do whatever he wanted.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Roland uses twin six guns right ? Which would seem to be emininently useless against the Master of Magnetism and easily turned on him. But Magneto hardly need show up with the raw power and invulnerability of the Hulk to turn them into paste.
    Marvel win

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Do "being a cyborg" and "completely pure of heart" help? Also, when Vegeta was mind-controlled he could basically ignore it and do whatever he wanted.
    Being a Cyborg wont stop MM from shutting your brain down as long as at least part of it are organic, and while being "pure of heart" most likely would help you resist being forced to do something nasty, then it wouldnt help against being forced to either go to sleep, or beat up a nasty cyborg villain.

That at least is my oppinion on the matter, unless someone else disagree?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

I doubt it'd work. That kind of stuff was already in dragon ball, and it was shown not to work on higher power levels.

Chiaotzu's paralysis failed on the saiyans because of their high power level:
    Spoiler
    Show

Roshi has a hypnosis technique, but they never used the technique as a trump card (he is also a telepath btw, as is Goku, although Goku needs physical contact. Not that that's particularly relevant.):
    Spoiler
    Show

Vegeta resisted mind control, not because he's pure of heart, but because he simply didn't want to obey. However, I doubt Gohan and cooler have as much willpower as vegeta. But... the fact that he powers up leads me to believe that power level plays a role in resisting. If that's the case, Gohan will have no trouble and cooler will not affect the outcome either way. I don't really read comics, but does MM just mind control every time he comes across someone he can't beat with brute force? If not, it's probably because he can't just mind control everyone regardless of their power. That wouldn't make for an interesting story.
    Spoiler
    Show

Basically, magic and psychic powers have a strength, and there's a limit to the power levels they can affect. That's the impression I got from dragon ball.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

It honestly surprises me that 40K is giving out such a stomping here. On the surface of it, the 8-bit theatre guys would seem to be much stronger.

I do think that with a bit of luck and tactics, the 40K guys could pull out a win... Fighter is an idiot and Black Mage is a glass cannon. But I'm still going to vote for 8-bit theatre as the most likely to win.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Bleach.
    Given that the biggest argument I've seen for them so far is "2 vs. 1 with magic swords" I'm currently not seeing why Superman would lose. Remember, he isn't particularly vulnerable to magic, just not explicitly immune. His toughness is non-magical in nature, but if all the magic is doing is making a weapon more powerful it will definitely suffice. Normal Superman has been hit by magical weapons hundreds of times, with no more efficacy than science devices.

Can somebody clue me in on the capacities of the Bleachers? I could believe Superman will be beaten, I'm just not seeing much of an argument so far.

Metroid

So lets talk this through.

"The Code" has been mentioned. The code is bunk, it's a hodgepodge of beliefs held by barbarian heroes and their villains. It's based on the fundamental underlying principle of Narrativium.

Granny Weatherwax is a master of Narrativium. She can take things, and shape them into stories with all the weight of destiny forcing them into shape, or avert destiny fully(Witches Abroad, Science of Discworld 2). This works especially well when she has a hero she can move into position.(Wintersmith)

She can do other things as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

She has a powerful telekinetic attack which can smash walls with just the echo, and can protect herself from blows even stronger(Carpe Juggulum, Lords and Ladies).
    She can possess people, animals or even inanimate things like mountains or nations(Equal Rites, Wyrd Sisters).
    She can cause people to turn into animals(Witches Abroad).
    She can also just directly warp somebodies mind, such as by making them think they've turned into an animal(A Hat full of Sky).
    She can shapeshift into various forms(Equal Rites).
    She can take pain or illness and put it aside, or push it into another person(Maskerade, I Shall Wear Midnight).
    She has precognitive senses which can see the future in fairly specific fashion(Wyrd Sisters, Lords and Ladies).
    She can refute death, and push it onto another being within certain parameters(Maskerade, A Hat Full of Sky.).
    She can fight battles within dreamworlds, unrelated to the physical realm(Witches Abroad).
    She is a master of "Headology", advanced psychological techniques which can break a foe.
    And she never loses, and never gives in (Every book).

Despite giving the impression of doing no magic, she actually accomplishes a lot of very impressive things.

Can she beat a city sized destroyer and a super being? I don't know... but if it's even possible, she might be able to force it with her command of destiny.

I would say... she probably can win. Telepathy and possession can be powerful things. If she moves the conflict beyond the physical, she can win.

Mahou Sensei Negima

Marvel

Foes much too tough to be taken down by Roland's bullets. Randall might have more luck giving his foes magical cancer, but I think that at least the Hulk would keep on rocking long enough to beat the Dark Tower people.

I *do* quite like the arguments that Tom will get control of Mechagodzilla. I think I need to know more about the Robot to decide if it would work...

Because of that, I'm still undecided. If Tom can't, then I'd vote for the Godzillas. Godzilla is a continent and sometimes planet destroying threat.

Doomsday is operating on the level of the DBZ'ers. The fight where he bested Superman is not the limit of his abilities, since that point he has destroyed star empires, fought Darkseid and survived inside a black hole. In order to destroy him, Superman had to travel through time and throw him into the death of the universe. That puts him as at least the level of the planet destroying DBZers.

Martian Manhunter is basically a tier of power and invulnerability below Superman, although basically comparable. He's a slight weak link in a power struggle but brings a lot of tricks, as well as being probably the most tactically astute fighter. Manhunter can certainly become intangible to dodge a lot of the attacks from DBZ.

I'm unsure who would win.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2011-12-27 at 06:25 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Bleach has demon magic which can be used in combat to take out guys travelling faster than the eye can see and tanking scenery destroying attacks. It can also hold people in place. Superman's going down if he doesn't strike first and doesn't have some magic resistance (including this-doesn't-work-on-me-because-of-my-physical-power).

(plenty of spoilers, so if you plan on watching/reading bleach and haven't finished soul society arc, don't watch it)

And then there's Aizen's power of absolute hypnosis. I have no idea how easy it is to use though.

Soviet superman has one author I believe, so he should have a consistent power. How powerful is he?

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Basically, magic and psychic powers have a strength, and there's a limit to the power levels they can affect. That's the impression I got from dragon ball.
    Yeah, but in DC, psychic attacks are directly opposed by the psychic defence of the target, and this is the most powerfull telepath on earth (and one of the strongest from mars) pitting his mind against a hero whose general behavior leads your thoughs to the kids from the special ed class.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Who, Gohan? He's just too normal to do well in dragon ball, he's not a fighting freak like the pure saiyajins. He's not stupid though. He became "a scholar" so apparently he's fairly clever. Anyway, ki seems to protect from both physical and psychic attacks. And Gohan has a hell of a lot of ki, he's the most powerful character left standing. Unless MM's psychic abilities are enough for him to casually toy with the minds of gods, I don't think they'll work on Gohan.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Gahh, i got him mixed up with his father.

Still, that wizard guy, Banbini? is actualy a proof off that Ki doesnt shield your mind, since he were insanely weak, but still able to enslave just about anyone with the least bit of evil in their heart.

And even if Gohan is able to avoid being enslaved by John (who would newer do such a thing anyway), then i cant see how he will avoid being either put to sleep, or have his head filled with illusions while Doomsday pound it flat.