New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

He was insanely weak physically, but he had really strong magic. The strongest person he managed to enslave was dabura; once people started getting stronger than that they were just out of everyone's league. Remember, his father created majin buu, he's a really powerful wizard. When vegeta is resisting his control, he powers up - to ssj2, I believe. The level that puts him above everything kaioshin or babidi have experienced besides majin buu.

Babidi's not a pushover, he can make weak people explode by looking at them. He could control dabura, he could not control vegeta or buu. I think that's because they had enough ki to resist, but I suppose a more accurate answer is that dragon ball doesn't make any sense. Ki pretty much works on everything though, including weird abilities, so I don't think these new weird abilities would be an exception.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Still, that wizard guy, Banbini? is actualy a proof off that Ki doesnt shield your mind, since he were insanely weak, but still able to enslave just about anyone with the least bit of evil in their heart.
    He couldn't enslave any of the main characters except the one who was willing. Which still didn't work. The only people he could enslave were pathetically weak compared to Gohan at that stage.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    When vegeta is resisting his control, he powers up - to ssj2, I believe. The level that puts him above everything kaioshin or babidi have experienced besides majin buu.
    Was he doing that to resist his control? I thought he just powered up to kill everyone.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-27 at 03:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Soviet superman has one author I believe, so he should have a consistent power. How powerful is he?
    Fresh from a reread, I would say really really powerful.

He has all the super senses, freeze breath and heat vision that you'd expect. His super speed is sufficient to travel tens of millions of miles in seconds, so probably as fast as regular Supes. His reaction times are fast enough to catch a bullet from a gun held up to somebodies temple and fired.

Strength wise there isn't really a good feat to use. He breaks free of a cage constructed by thousands of Green Lanterns, which is incredibly impressive. He also holds up large ships and the like. No planet smashing. He does talk about atomizing objects with his punch.

For durability, he survives an explosion with a radius of tens of millions of miles that would have destroyed the solar system. Pretty tough, although the next time we see him after that is more than two millenniums later.

No explicit kryptonite or magic vulnerability. Kryptonite probably doesn't exist in Red Son, since Supes isn't Kryptonian. Red sun radiation worked though. Nothing Magical was ever used against him. He is shown to have very good willpower which would probably give him some resistance to mental attacks.

He is more experienced, business like and ruthless than regular Supes. He is immortal, and by the time he "retires" has been fighting the american superhumans for 60 years or more.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Was he doing that to resist his control? I thought he just powered up to kill everyone.
    He powered up seperately to fight goku. He powered up to ssj when babidi initially entered his mind and to ssj2 (judging by the sparks) when he shook off babidi's control. I posted the pic recently, it's spoiler'd.

@sovietsuperman

Sounds pretty impressive, and clearly bleach is physically out of its league. Would soviet superman immediately rush to elminate foes before they could blink if he judged they needed to be gone? Or does he tank attacks just to show that he can, or play with his opponents by not using full power from the start? If nothing otherwise has been said, then I think we should assume he has regular superman level resistance to magic. No idea what that is though, I don't read many comics.

Oh, and does anyone know how fast Aizen can use his hypnosis bankai?
    Also, a thought just struck me. Wouldn't the bleach guys be invisible to anyone without a high reiatsu? Sounds lame to me, but should it be taken into account?
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-27 at 06:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    Oh, and does anyone know how fast Aizen can use his hypnosis bankai?
    Also, a thought just struck me. Wouldn't the bleach guys be invisible to anyone without a high reiatsu? Sounds lame to me, but should it be taken into account?
    I think we can assume that if Superman was a Bleach character he'd be strong enough to see them, and that's not even taking his super-senses into account.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Good. I hate cheap abilities like that.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Would soviet superman immediately rush to elminate foes before they could blink if he judged they needed to be gone?
    Yes.

In the earlier fights and actions he undertakes, he shows off a bit. Flaunts his powers. In the later fights he is almost clinical. As soon as he gets an opening, the foe is beaten. Possibly inspired by the fact that when he was messing around in a fight with Bizarro, several thousand people ended up being killed in an explosion.

If he knows his opponent can't hurt him, then he might stop to talk. That proved to be his undoing against Batman and Lex Luthor, when they deployed "weapons" he didn't know about. But in a real fight? Straight to the point.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Well, I'm convinced. Demon magic is no good if you die before you can cast it.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) being able to block anything seems kinda good vs non-magic users
    28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs 7 Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) i guess supes handles this again....
    24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) dont know, cant vote
    20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) have to side with the discworld characters here...
    16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) dont know any of those...
    12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) as much as I'd like to see Roland win this, Magneto might be too much for him to handle, seeing as his default reaction would be to shoot...the rest is just gravy
    25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs 6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) see Megaman etc.
    4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) see Megaman etc.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) -- voting against rule of funny.
    28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs 7 Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) -- Rictus goes down immediately (again, *sigh*), but I think Red Superman can take out Team Bleach. He doesn't hold back like regular Supes does.
    24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) -- this could go either way, but I like power suits and guns more than weird anime attacks.
    20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) -- Granny might be able to pull of some manipulation tricks, but I think Digimon takes this.
    16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) -- Robots go boom. Those MSN guys are monsters.
    12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) -- It was a good run, Dark Tower, but this is it. Either Marvel character could take these guys single-handedly.
    25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs 6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) -- Finally, Tom Strong can get into the game! I'm on board with him subverting MechaGodzilla while Kid Miracleman keeps them busy. Then, it's giant-robotic-monster-powered Strong and KM versus Big G.
    4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) -- Doomsday has Dragonball-levels of physical power. J'onn J'onzz may be a bit below the curve here in strength (a weird thing to say, but probably true), but he has other abilities (mind powers, shapeshifting, intangibility) that can likely tip the scales for Team DC.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Banned

Daemon

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) These two seem to block everything
    28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs 7 Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) Superman is mentally insecure. Superman is always mentally insecure.
    24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) Metroid needs to kick ass for a change
    20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) No deus ex machinas.
    16 Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) vs 14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima)
    12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) vs 23 Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower)
    25 Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs 6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) This combat only has 3 votes in it.
    4 Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) Gohan goes SS2.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

It's the most powerful incarnation, right? That means it's mystic gohan, in case anyone forgot. He could take a nap with his ssj2 form beating on him and probably wouldn't notice. Gohan's at the absolute top tier of dragon ball (if we exclude vegetto, who's just completely ridiculous).

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Millar
    DC

Still not sure enough to vote for Discworld or Moore fights.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

It's the most powerful incarnation, right? That means it's mystic gohan, in case anyone forgot. He could take a nap with his ssj2 form beating on him and probably wouldn't notice. Gohan's at the absolute top tier of dragon ball (if we exclude vegetto, who's just completely ridiculous).
    Well, onetime powerups doesnt count, I dont know where the mystic thingy is from, but it doesnt sound like something that will count.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

It's not one time at all, it's a permanent power up. He just only used it once due it occurring near the end. It was a pretty bull**** way of gaining power, but he still had it permanently.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well, onetime powerups doesnt count, I dont know where the mystic thingy is from, but it doesnt sound like something that will count.
    "Mystic thingy" is after Gohan has his powers increased by Old Kai.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Is this happening in the same arc where that Buu thing were running around?

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Yes, indeed.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Banned

Daemon

Results are in
    Bleach
    Metroid
    Discworld
    Negima
    Marvel
    Godzilla
    DC

Round 4
    1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach)
    22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld)
    14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe)
    6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe)

Results due 8th January @9:00am. Please vote.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach): On principle of supporting good writing over objectively bad.
    22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) : Because I'm allowed to be a hypocrite. =V
    14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) : Because Jack Rakan is cheating.
    6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) Because Mecha Godzilla and Godzilla were never famed for their intelligence despite their power.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Creed brings some very nice laser pistols to the fight, as well as a forcefield and armour that might let him take some hits.

Swarmlord as always, is the real fighter for 40k. Soul drains, supernatural terror and psychic swords, as well as the ability to adapt an already honed form to counter an opponents strengths.

Bleach guys beat Superman, so 40k shouldn't really have a chance given that Superman could smash an entire warfleet. But they don't have a magic "weakness" so maybe they'll do better.

22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld)
    Once again, physical power against non-physical power. Granny could probably manipulate Samus and Dark Samus into a fight with a little magical urging, a bit of narrative compulsion and a lot of headology. With the Metroid team ripping itself apart I'd say Discworld could snatch victory.

And for the record, I'd say any foes with a dislike of each other and an obvious narrative compulsion to oppose one another could be similarly manipulated. Evil opposites particularly.

14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe)
    The Mahou people have sailed to this stage against some pretty easy opposition. This seems like a much better matchup for them.

Hulk is more physically powerful and tougher than either of his foes. They are more versatile with ki blasts and magic, one on one I'd say it's a tough match. Magneto though, while he can probably take a beating due to his shield, I'm not sure how effectively he can dish one out. Hitting people with big metal things probably won't be good enough.

Magneto is probably the weak link that will let the Mahou Sensei win. I'll hold my vote for now though.

6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe)
    I'd give DC the edge. Hell of a fight though.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Round 4
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-01-06 at 03:59 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Bugbear in the Playground

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) - I give this to team Bleach due to the large speed advantage

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

40k could win with enough psyker powers. I believe the swarmlord is a psyker, does anyone know how powerful it is?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Not particularly. Swarmlord doesn't exactly have a rich background to draw on. His fluff entry is one half page in one codex. For all detail beyond that, we have to rely on general Tyranid fluff.

But he is a Hive Tyrant, and is noted as a particularly strong one at that. They are generally the psychic peers of Librarians or Farseers.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) Granny has to carry Cohen in this match...but Headology wins this (probably easily)
    14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) cant really say here....
    6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) Intelligence over pure strength

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

I will hand this to bleach simply because their kit of abilities are perfectly suited to taking the Swarmlord down, while it could proberly murder both Ichigo and Aizen fairly quick in melee combat, then it has no way to cach up with them.

And while it does wield quite a bit of raw psychic power, then it doesnt have much range or finesse with it, making it possible for team bleach to stay at range and rain enough blasts of energy down upon it to level a major city.

Here i would agree that Magneto would proberly turn out to be the weakest link, Jack should be able to keep the Hulk busy for a while, long enough for Evangeline to first finish magneto off, a mach where she does have the advantage of being basicaly immortal, while her opponent has a frail human body (she more or less ignored having a stalakite the size of a baseball bat driven though her chest)

And after that she should be able to hit both Rakan and the Hulk with enough ice magic to turn them into icecubes, granting her team the victory.

Still, now that i think about it then i do wonder why those 2 are on the same side, since none of them are a villain?

Here im giving DC the victory simply because i dont belive their opponents have the nececary speed or reaction to ever hit their opponent, while they can certainly hit hard enough to hurt both Godzille and MechaGodzilla.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) -- I think Bleach is just too fast.
    22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) -- I'm not convinced Granny can work her tricks before getting blasted.
    14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) -- This would be close, but ultimately Magneto can't carry the weight, and, despite his strength advantage, Hulk really needs a strong partner against these two. M's shield would keep him in the game for a bit, but he can't really hurt or trap Team MSN just by slinging metal around. Hulk can pound either opponent in melee, but they have too many other ways to fight.
    6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) -- The battle will be ferocious, but the outcome inevitable. J'on J'onzz is much more than the standard flying brick; he'll win this on strategy, rather than punching giant monsters in the nose (that's Doomsday's job). Gozilla is basically an animal; J'onzz should have little trouble manipulating its mind. He and Doomsday should be able to take anything the monsters dish out.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not convinced Granny can work her tricks before getting blasted.
    As in Carpe Juggulum, you can kill Granny Weatherwax and she'll keep right on coming. In that book she was smashed with a telekinetic assault, then her body was reanimated as an undead Thrall, but she kept herself safe by storing her mind inside the Count who killed her, then moving it back having infected the vampire with her personality as a kind of debilitating thought virus.

Basically, being killed doesn't stop her. She can move her mind on into another body, or even into the surrounding landscape.

I would own though, if the only remnant of a team is a mind, somewhere, that counts as defeat. Which is where Cohen comes in. He's good at dodging around and evading instant killing attacks from beings far more powerful than him. For an old man, he has almost unbelievable speed and reflexes and more importantly he knows just where to be to avoid getting hit. I think he can evade death long enough for Granny to do what she needs to do.