New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

I don't think the Bleach people are as fast as people think they are. I mean they generally fight over a short distance while they are fast enough that an ordinary human can't keep up we can see people like Chad manage to keep up with training. Creed would likely be able to keep up with them in a sword fight, the Swarmlord would devastate them. A single attack from the Swarmlord would drop either of the soul reapers since he has four arms and a single wound destroys the soul of the victim. Unless its one of his ranged psychic attacks.

Since Creed is there the Swarmlord would get the drop on the Soul Reapers and since they are both brilliant tacticians they would likely take down the biggest threat in one blow, leaving the remainder to fight by themselves.

Creed also has some devastating attacks in his gun which can deliver attacks just as strong as the ranged attacks from the bleach team just with less splash damage. He is also a very good shot and has armour to help tank some shots if necessary.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I don't think the Bleach people are as fast as people think they are. I mean they generally fight over a short distance while they are fast enough that an ordinary human can't keep up we can see people like Chad manage to keep up with training. Creed would likely be able to keep up with them in a sword fight, the Swarmlord would devastate them. A single attack from the Swarmlord would drop either of the soul reapers since he has four arms and a single wound destroys the soul of the victim. Unless its one of his ranged psychic attacks.

Since Creed is there the Swarmlord would get the drop on the Soul Reapers and since they are both brilliant tacticians they would likely take down the biggest threat in one blow, leaving the remainder to fight by themselves.

Creed also has some devastating attacks in his gun which can deliver attacks just as strong as the ranged attacks from the bleach team just with less splash damage. He is also a very good shot and has armour to help tank some shots if necessary.
    People like Byuakuya are faster than the human or shimigami eye though, and Ichigo has been shown to match and even outspeed him with Bankai.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    People like Byuakuya are faster than the human or shimigami eye though, and Ichigo has been shown to match and even outspeed him with Bankai.
    Once.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

And at the height of his power he's far faster, no doubt (still watching bleach, slowly, myself).

What will work on those guys, though, is a laser bolt if they're ever not moving at all. And then the swarmlord attacks with a swordy weapon, and the bleach character tries to block (as they do that generally, rather than dodge)... oh dear. And then swarmlord's psyker powers, which probably wouldn't be an instant win button, but I believe could certainly hurt team bleach.

As for metriod vs discworld? Neither granny nor cohen have outright attacks that will damage the metroid duo. Granny won't be able to Borrow dark samus as it's just too weird. She could try it on samus, but the omniscient power suit will probably just chuck her out again after a few seconds of weapons offline. Even if it did work, they just have to blast her physical body to win, and that of cohen. Samus has advanced tracking and an extremely rapid rate of fire. She can probably fire in a way that is *impossible* to dodge without superhuman speed. Both die, metroid wins. This ain't no story.
    Last edited by Top cat; 2012-01-04 at 08:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

As for metriod vs discworld? Neither granny nor cohen have outright attacks that will damage the metroid duo.
    Directly attacking the mind, leaving somebody as a drooling wretch or in a coma is completely possible. Alternatively just transform them into bugs or pumpkins. Lily Weatherwax and Ridcully both perform those feats in the face of normal people bothering them, and we know Granny can also transform others and herself.
    EDIT: And don't forget her ability to persuade all the atoms in an object to suddenly fly away from each other at great speed.

Hell, if she transforms into a snowstorm, as she did in her Wizard duel in ER, what are the Metroid people actually going to do to her?
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2012-01-05 at 05:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

What will work on those guys, though, is a laser bolt if they're ever not moving at all. And then the swarmlord attacks with a swordy weapon, and the bleach character tries to block (as they do that generally, rather than dodge)... oh dear. And then swarmlord's psyker powers, which probably wouldn't be an instant win button, but I believe could certainly hurt team bleach.
    While a Laser bolt is one of the few things that might have a chance of hitting something on team bleach, then it wouldnt most likely get ignored by them.

Creeds pistol is to start with very short range, and not very highly powered, having a 50/50 chance of dropping a normal human with a hit.

Meanwhile the Bleach people have been shugging off energy blasts potent enough to level buildings.

Alternatively just transform them into bugs or pumpkins. Lily Weatherwax and Ridcully both perform those feats in the face of normal people bothering them, and we know Granny can also transform others and herself.
    Actualy, Lily were empowering herself though mirror magic, and Ridcully is proberly the most powerfull remaning 8th level wizard on the disc, it is not unlikely that Granny doesnt have the raw power needet to transform another living being on her own.

This doesnt matter though, since her mind is exceptionel potent, and she have no problems making people belive they have been transformed, something that should be enough for a victory anyway.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    While a Laser bolt is one of the few things that might have a chance of hitting something on team bleach, then it wouldnt most likely get ignored by them.

Creeds pistol is to start with very short range, and not very highly powered, having a 50/50 chance of dropping a normal human with a hit.

Meanwhile the Bleach people have been shugging off energy blasts potent enough to level buildings.

Actualy, Lily were empowering herself though mirror magic, and Ridcully is proberly the most powerfull remaning 8th level wizard on the disc, it is not unlikely that Granny doesnt have the raw power needet to transform another living being on her own.

This doesnt matter though, since her mind is exceptionel potent, and she have no problems making people belive they have been transformed, something that should be enough for a victory anyway.

That's gameplay/story segeration. Most people die in a direct hit from a lasgun. In fact a hit that fails to wound usually represents a glancing hit that will not be fatal or incapacitating.

I certainly imagine that the Swarmlord's movements are faster then the human eye. Looking at his iniative score its reactions are insanely fast being one of the fastest things in the galaxy. Plus it is one of the greatest close combat fighters with skill surpassing immortal warriors who live to fight. In fact I think only the avatar of war is more skilled in the game.

On another note those building leveling attacks? They can be blocked by a sword. Even when logically the energy should flow around the sword. Bleach characters do spend a lot of time standing around so Creed will have plenty of time to get shots off with his guns.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Remember that in Discworld magic it is relatively easy to turn somebody into a newt or frog or other simple organism while turning them into a more complex creature takes much more energy. It may have taken all three witches working together to turn a cat into a man, but I think Granny could easily turn a man into a frog solo.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Eh, "outright" attacks was the wrong, and a pretty retarded, word. I meant physical attacks, or nearly physical (standard magical attacks from Granny, which she admittedly doesn't use often, or cohen swinging a sword).

For the record, granny is as strong as an eighth level wizard, she battles the arch chancellor in ER I think. But I'm fairly sure she can't just transform absolutely everything with impunity - there are a lot of situations where that would have been helpful - and even if she could she'd go down before taking out both samus & dark. Discworld's real problem is that both characters are, in terms of durability, just normal humans. If they take a power beam to the face they will die, and samus is supposedly some damn fast super-elite. Transformations won't help much if their weapons are as strong as actually makes sense rather than as strong as balance requires (a futuristic energy blaster thing should not take lots of hits to kill a beetle).
    Last edited by Top cat; 2012-01-05 at 06:56 AM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

there are a lot of situations where that would have been helpful
    Can you name some? Powerfully magical individuals like the Fairy Queen, the Count and Lily obviously have protection. Wyrd Sisters was an exercise in keeping magic from solving the problem in an overt fashion. Masquerade didn't see Granny get into any situations where she would have needed to transform people.

Remember also that if it can be avoided it is much preferable to not use magic. Particularly spectacularly overt magic like transformation.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

The elves are what first come to mind, though thinking back they may have been protected as well... I find the witches stories difficult to remember.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

That's gameplay/story segeration. Most people die in a direct hit from a lasgun. In fact a hit that fails to wound usually represents a glancing hit that will not be fatal or incapacitating.
    No, even then a Lasgun isnt that much more dangerous than a normal pistol, and still not something that should even daze the Bleach crew.

I certainly imagine that the Swarmlord's movements are faster then the human eye. Looking at his iniative score its reactions are insanely fast being one of the fastest things in the galaxy. Plus it is one of the greatest close combat fighters with skill surpassing immortal warriors who live to fight. In fact I think only the avatar of war is more skilled in the game.
    Yes, its skills in melee and reaction is more than likely going to be enough to take allmost anything else in this tournament in a melee, but its actual movement speed is close to that of a normal human, meaning it has absolutely no chance of closing in with Bleach's teleportation like movement techniques.

On another note those building leveling attacks? They can be blocked by a sword. Even when logically the energy should flow around the sword. Bleach characters do spend a lot of time standing around so Creed will have plenty of time to get shots off with his guns.
    No.
    We have seen the effect those attacks have on inanimate objects (and animate objects as well who failed to block or dodge), so this means the special properties lie in the swords and the people weilding them.

And its Aizen who often likes to stand around to gloat a bit, Ichigo on the other hand quite often starts out with a Bankai-> Beam of Doom combo.

Remember that in Discworld magic it is relatively easy to turn somebody into a newt or frog or other simple organism while turning them into a more complex creature takes much more energy. It may have taken all three witches working together to turn a cat into a man, but I think Granny could easily turn a man into a frog solo.
    Actualy, discworld magic is unfortunately most of all inconsistant, and in one of the explanations it were that its anything with a morphic field (meaning something alive), that would be easy to turn into something else.

Still, we have newer seen Granny transform someone alone, but we have seen her mess around with people's mind to a degree where it wouldnt matter.

For the record, granny is as strong as an eighth level wizard, she battles the arch chancellor in ER I think
    She were more skilled, but that doesnt mean she have as much raw power as a 8th level wizard, we do have it from Granny's own mouth that the 2 sorts of magic is different, meaning that there are some of the more blatant wizardky display's of magic that she would be unable to replicate.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2012-01-06 at 02:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Banned

Daemon

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Granny Weatherwax (Discworld) Going for the laser wielders
    14 Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) vs 12 Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) Hulk Smash! And I'm gonna Terrain: Golden Gate Bridge. It's about time somebody used that rule.
    6 Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs 2 Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe)

Forum Explorer, in your vote for "marvel vs negima" you bolded both combatants.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

No, even then a Lasgun isnt that much more dangerous than a normal pistol, and still not something that should even daze the Bleach crew.

Yes, its skills in melee and reaction is more than likely going to be enough to take allmost anything else in this tournament in a melee, but its actual movement speed is close to that of a normal human, meaning it has absolutely no chance of closing in with Bleach's teleportation like movement techniques.

No.
    We have seen the effect those attacks have on inanimate objects (and animate objects as well who failed to block or dodge), so this means the special properties lie in the swords and the people weilding them.

And its Aizen who often likes to stand around to gloat a bit, Ichigo on the other hand quite often starts out with a Bankai-> Beam of Doom combo.

Most people who are shot die. My statment is still true. Now as for tanking its shots as far as I know no one in Bleach ever fights a conventional gun or its like. We do know they can only take the normal abuse you would expect from a human. Its just that they can ignore certain attacks if their concentration isn't great enough or something. But all the attacks they ignore are of a mystical nature anyways. So we really do lack information on how non-magical attacks affect them.

Again that is story/gameplay segeration. And this is a problem across the entire game. Because something that fly apparently can only go twice as fast as an ordinary person who is running. Or a superhuman with nigh-limitless endurance is the same speed as a conscript. Or in this case a giant monster who is at least 3 times larger then a human somehow has the same speed as a human.

Fair enough. Though I would argue that the Swarmlord and his Boneswords possess those special qualities needed to block those attacks. Creed has his forcefield for some protection. I can't remember if he has a power weapon or fist, but if he does I would argue those would work as well.

Its relative. Ichigo may not stand around as much as some of the other characters but he still does his fair share of standing around.

So lets give this fight a location. Ichigo and Aizen vs Creed and Swarmlord in Industrial Revolution London.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Most people who are shot die. My statment is still true. Now as for tanking its shots as far as I know no one in Bleach ever fights a conventional gun or its like. We do know they can only take the normal abuse you would expect from a human. Its just that they can ignore certain attacks if their concentration isn't great enough or something. But all the attacks they ignore are of a mystical nature anyways. So we really do lack information on how non-magical attacks affect them.
    Actually, in the Fullbringer arc Ichigo is more easily fatigued while in his physical body. Spiritual beings, on the other hand, are known for "it's only a flesh wound!".

I'm pretty sure that
    1. A non-magical attack would be ineffective against a spiritual entity.
    2. There is no such thing as a completely non-magical attack - all attacks are imparted with some of the user's spiritual energy, and something like the Swarmlord would have lots.

Re: Metroid vs Discworld, could Granny use Samus's tendency to lose her weapons against her?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2012-01-06 at 04:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Actually, in the Fullbringer arc Ichigo is more easily fatigued while in his physical body. Spiritual beings, on the other hand, are known for "it's only a flesh wound!".

I'm pretty sure that
    1. A non-magical attack would be ineffective against a spiritual entity.
    2. There is no such thing as a completely non-magical attack - all attacks are imparted with some of the user's spiritual energy, and something like the Swarmlord would have lots.

Re: Metroid vs Discworld, could Granny use Samus's tendency to lose her weapons against her?
    Fullbringer arc? Haven't reached that point I guess.

Well I know Chad smacked a Hollow around with a light pole (Or was it a power line?) In either case it was an otherwise completely normal attack. Oh and Ichigo kicked Rukia in ep 1. So that either means 1 is incorrect or two is correct in which case 1 would only apply to debris and shrapnel from explosions. .
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fullbringer arc? Haven't reached that point I guess.

Well I know Chad smacked a Hollow around with a light pole (Or was it a power line?) In either case it was an otherwise completely normal attack. Oh and Ichigo kicked Rukia in ep 1. So that either means 1 is incorrect or two is correct in which case 1 would only apply to debris and shrapnel from explosions. .
    At the very least we've seen several characters almost cut in half and only be knocked out of the fight (sometimes not even)

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

No, its not true, Bleach characters do show resilience far above human standard against normal abuse as well, something thats shown when they smash though walls.

Again that is story/gameplay segeration. And this is a problem across the entire game. Because something that fly apparently can only go twice as fast as an ordinary person who is running. Or a superhuman with nigh-limitless endurance is the same speed as a conscript. Or in this case a giant monster who is at least 3 times larger then a human somehow has the same speed as a human.
    Well, its still the most precise description of its physical traits, and i guess it means it were build for endurance and siege breaking, not speed.
    Because if it were much faster than a human then it would have one of the several traits that give aditional speed, like jump infantery, or beast.

Of course, this isnt even that relevant, since the bleach crew can also fly, while the Swarmlord is earthbound.

Edit.
    Actualy, the Swarmlord is a 5-6 meter tall biped, he should be happy just being able to move as fast as a regular human, and thank his alien biology for it.

Fair enough. Though I would argue that the Swarmlord and his Boneswords possess those special qualities needed to block those attacks. Creed has his forcefield for some protection. I can't remember if he has a power weapon or fist, but if he does I would argue those would work as well.
    Its not unlikely for the swarmlord to be able to deflect the regular blasts Ichigo delivers, since its boneswords are imbued with its psychic power, but no way Creed can replicate that, power weapon or not.

And suddenly this means the Swarmlord is in a position where it can only defend, until either Ichigo manage to break though its parades, or Aizen desides to step in with a sufficiently brutal Kido attack that cant be blocked.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2012-01-07 at 07:09 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

No, its not true, Bleach characters do show resilience far above human standard against normal abuse as well, something thats shown when they smash though walls.

Well, its still the most precise description of its physical traits, and i guess it means it were build for endurance and siege breaking, not speed.
    Because if it were much faster than a human then it would have one of the several traits that give aditional speed, like jump infantery, or beast.

Of course, this isnt even that relevant, since the bleach crew can also fly, while the Swarmlord is earthbound.

Edit.
    Actualy, the Swarmlord is a 5-6 meter tall biped, he should be happy just being able to move as fast as a regular human, and thank his alien biology for it.

Its not unlikely for the swarmlord to be able to deflect the regular blasts Ichigo delivers, since its boneswords are imbued with its psychic power, but no way Creed can replicate that, power weapon or not.

And suddenly this means the Swarmlord is in a position where it can only defend, until either Ichigo manage to break though its parades, or Aizen desides to step in with a sufficiently brutal Kido attack that cant be blocked.
    But at the same time Bleach characters go down to simple piercing strikes pretty easily even though the impact of being thrown around should do a lot more damage to the body. ....This is really starting to lend credence to Prime's theory.

Not really. Think about it. A battle Titan that is as tall as mountain has a 6 inch movement.

Also the average human is under two meters tall so the Swarmlord is around triple our height. The length of its stride alone should make it faster then us let alone all of its other advantages over a human.

As for flight when has a Bleach character ever taken advantage of that in a fight against a grounded opponent? Or kept a fight at range if they possessed a sword for that matter? Even when they were searching the seritei for intruders we didn't see captains and leftenauts flying around to search (even though that would give them a huge advantage) they were running around like everyone else.

Eh its arguable and may be a moot point. I don't know if he even have a power weapon.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

But at the same time Bleach characters go down to simple piercing strikes pretty easily even though the impact of being thrown around should do a lot more damage to the body. ....This is really starting to lend credence to Prime's theory.
    What simple piercing attacks?
    I can only remember the ones that came from seriously magical weapons used by superhuman gods of death or the monsters they fight.

Not really. Think about it. A battle Titan that is as tall as mountain has a 6 inch movement.
    Its not as tall as a mountain, and its movement of 6 is when its firering all of its weapons, it can move faster when it isnt using most of its power to run its main cannons.

Also the average human is under two meters tall so the Swarmlord is around triple our height. The length of its stride alone should make it faster then us let alone all of its other advantages over a human.
    And its weight should be more than 9 times that of a normal human, placing a much higher burden on its leggs, its most likely its inhuman advances alone that keep its legs from shattering.
    Still, this should make it more or less impossible for it to actualy run.

As for flight when has a Bleach character ever taken advantage of that in a fight against a grounded opponent? Or kept a fight at range if they possessed a sword for that matter? Even when they were searching the seritei for intruders we didn't see captains and leftenauts flying around to search (even though that would give them a huge advantage) they were running around like everyone else.
    To the first part, at what point have someone who both needet the advantage of flight, and possed a sufficienly powerfull ranged attack actualy fought a groundet opponent?
    The reason for why we have newer seen this, is that the fight would indeed become to boringly onesidet.

And as for the seritei part, then the captains wasnt running around, they were either pursuing their own agendas, or walking around with a calm pace, leaving it to all the regular Shinigami to do the actual searching.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

What simple piercing attacks?
    I can only remember the ones that came from seriously magical weapons used by superhuman gods of death or the monsters they fight.

Its not as tall as a mountain, and its movement of 6 is when its firering all of its weapons, it can move faster when it isnt using most of its power to run its main cannons.

And its weight should be more than 9 times that of a normal human, placing a much higher burden on its leggs, its most likely its inhuman advances alone that keep its legs from shattering.
    Still, this should make it more or less impossible for it to actualy run.

To the first part, at what point have someone who both needet the advantage of flight, and possed a sufficienly powerfull ranged attack actualy fought a groundet opponent?
    The reason for why we have newer seen this, is that the fight would indeed become to boringly onesidet.

And as for the seritei part, then the captains wasnt running around, they were either pursuing their own agendas, or walking around with a calm pace, leaving it to all the regular Shinigami to do the actual searching.
    The magical nature of the swords is never really mentioned in how much more they can cut. Though taking an example when the Soul Reapers had their zampukto removed their swords still had the same effects on their opponents. Also the damage done to the human companions of Ichigo aren't any worse then the damage Ichigo takes.

I can walk faster then a twelve year old child. This is partially because I'm taller then the child and my stride is much longer. Yes I do weigh more and yet this doesn't change the reality that I'm still faster! Do you want some more examples from 40K that don't make sense? A ratling who is about the size of a midget can go the same speed as a wraithlord, a tireless giant dreadnaught.

Also you are incorrect. Looking at the rules the Titans cannot move faster then 6 inches, unless they have a special rule like the Scout Titan. As for the size I am kinda going by memory but I believe the Imperiator titan has been compared to small mountains in size.

And yes this is all due to balance. Who would want to play imperial guard if they could only move and inch or two a turn?

Well lets see, there were the early fights against Ichigo. Pretty much any fight against Chad. Fights against grounded Hollows. Also during the Bount arc when the captains were hunting the Bounts they were running around on the ground, not flying through the air. The point is that the Soul Reapers and Ichigo in paticular do not stay flying in the air and attacking with ranged attacks.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Well lets see, there were the early fights against Ichigo. Pretty much any fight against Chad. Fights against grounded Hollows. Also during the Bount arc when the captains were hunting the Bounts they were running around on the ground, not flying through the air. The point is that the Soul Reapers and Ichigo in paticular do not stay flying in the air and attacking with ranged attacks.
    That's because you can't fly inside Seireitei, at least not with the normal methods. (creating a platform of energy beneath your feet doesn't work when the walls suck up loose energy)
    Last edited by Prime32; 2012-01-07 at 07:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

That's because you can't fly inside Seireitei, at least not with the normal methods. (creating a platform of energy beneath your feet doesn't work when the walls suck up loose energy)
    Wasn't Ichigo flying in that arc about the new captain? But yeah I guess that works for a reason.

I looked up some of the Swarmlord's abilities that we haven't really gone over.

1. The Psyker spells:

1.a) A spell to cause fear. Not really useful

b) a spell to tear at people's souls, healing the Swarmlord. A very useful ranged spell that only extermly powerful defences would work against (ie invulnerable saves)

c) a spell to cause pain. Useful and ranged. This spell is primarily used to decrease the skills of an opponent making them easier to hit and reducing accuracy. Again no defence against it.

d) a spell that basically creates a psycic yell, causing insanity. Sorta useful. But I'm pretty sure the Soul Reapers can resist the attack.

2. The Bonesabers: Kill anything they wound instantly even being able to rip through powerful defences.

3. Its raw skill. This is a being that is so skilled in combat it actually gets an invulnerable save.

4. Its strength. Its described as shatter the material armored bunkers are made of as easily as glass

Also looked at Creed's weaponry. He doesn't have a power sword so thats a moot point. He instead duel wields upgraded (hotshot) las-pistols whose shots are much more powerful then a regular lasgun.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-01-07 at 08:47 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ichigo seems like the type to ignore pain as long as he can physically move his body. Aizen though, I haven't yet seen the full capabilities of. Tear at people's souls? I'm sure bleach does defend against that, but I also think that their defense may be overpowered. At the moment, I believe bleach >> 40k in speed, but is a bit behind in power. I possibly should have gotten to the current arc before voting though.

Also with regards to the laser weaponry, I'm sure it wouldn't be a one hit killing without hitting a vital spot, but in terms of concentration, it's probably beyond bleach. This is the grim darkness of the far future after all, and the lasguns are apparently really, really powerful. (it's because they're usually used on monstrous opponents that they seem weak). Creed probably has better than lasguns anyway (a hell pistol?) and while it may not destroy buildings, it will certainly easily destroy whatever part of a building it hits.

Of course, it won't work on both of them, and Creed would probably go down fairly quickly after an opening salvo. By which point the swarmlord is fighting against one opponent, or two where one is seriously wounded. Its psyker power is likely strong enough to hurt team bleach, and I very much suspect that the moment a bleach character tries to block one of its melee attacks, the soul slayer is snapped and the character is chopped in half. And bleach characters tend to go for blocking rather than dodging.

All that said, I can totally see that bleach could win. Since neither universe likes hard numbers and both work differently, it's hard to tell.
    Last edited by Top cat; 2012-01-07 at 08:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    Ichigo seems like the type to ignore pain as long as he can physically move his body. Aizen though, I haven't yet seen the full capabilities of.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At his strongest, Aizen had defence/regeneration so powerful that even once he'd been captured they couldn't find a way to execute him.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Damn, not sure I wanted to know that. A soul sucking attack would still damage him though? (since presumably it doesn't attack the body)

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Well, both Ichigo and Aizen are souls...

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Yeah, that bit just doesn't make much sense. You can cut a soul's arm off? It's like freaking naruto all over again.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Well, both Ichigo and Aizen are souls...
    Yeah that part has always confused me. They are souls but at the same time they can die. They can also physically interact with the enviroment. So what happens when they die?

Anyways I can't see how Bleach team could win. The only thing they seem to have going for them is a slight speed advantage over distances and more powerful ranged attacks then Creed's pistols/grenades. On the other hand they also have a habit of fighting up close. As in they always fight at very short range of a couple of meters. A dozen at the most. Even if the fight is kept at range, Creed can pepper them with shots while the Swarmlord protects him and attacks them with its powers from afar tearing at mind and soul.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Banned

Daemon

Results are in!

Tie
    Metroid
    Negima
    DC

40K and Bleach are tied. This is now a shoot out. The first person to vote for either combatant assures that that combatant gets through. You have until 12 to vote.