New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) - pass
    Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) WH40k
    Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers) pass
    King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT) TMNT
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) Terminator
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural) pass, I do not know what this supernatural is. Bleach is shonen though, so y'know.
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter) Pass
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) Code Geass. Time stop.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So... I guess there is something about the Avatar/Terminator battle we should consider. What weaponry do we make available? Neither Terminator can create weapons, that are not blades or the like. I guess you could argue T-1000 could just create a piercing weapon to reach Aang but then that wouldn't be nearly on the level of a normal gun in speed (and probably not power)
    Bear in mind the T-1000 has one hell of running speed, plus his camouflage abilities, so range even if he's stuck in melee it's not a big problem. Note that the fact this is an underground fight limits Aang's abilities to just fly away. T-800 will almost certainly be packing a shotgun in addition to any other side-arms and maybe some explosives. T-1000 doesn't really have a standard load-out, although for most of the film he's usually packing less than that, probably one or two small arms.

Anyway, if we give them guns it is I guess slightly unfair against a far technologically disadvantaged opponent who wouldn't even consider it might be a threat.
    I don't think these pairings are based much around fair fights

But that's like a matter of any battle where the opponents are not from the real world. They don't know each other capabilities. And that means the more advanced enemy will win, unless the other is a cheating bastard. And for the sake of the argument I'll say Aang realizes the danger of a gun pointed at him.
    Granted, but then you're still left with the fact that Aang's reflexes are normal speed. Bullets aren't known for being easy to dodge, and Terminators are ridiculously good shots.

Stand to reason the matter of the T-1000. We know very little about Aang' range of abilities
    You mean excluding the countless times he fights and otherwise demonstrates his powers in the series?

He might just liquidify (is that even a word?) out of a landslide but if he gets shot with fire long enough that might be enough to take him out...
    Yeah, but we're talking about quite a lot of time here, assuming the heat generated by firebending is even enough to melt the T-1000 (again, note that said machine has walked out of an actual fireball without any noticeable ill-effects).

Also, as I previously mentioned, Aang does not generally go for the extreme measure first thing in a fight so I don't think we can assume he'll be collapsing the cave as an opener . Which means he's a lot more likely to get shot.

or he might be rendered useless if trapped in suffiecent rock, who knows? Of course, Aang is not certain to win but I'll give him the chance of a doubt.
    So, if Aang has >0% chance of winning then we might as well assume he'll win? Is that your point here? Because short of dropping the T-1000 into a convenient pool of lava Aang really doesn't have any real chance beyond getting extremely lucky.

After looking up the scene, he froze after being doused in liquid nitrogen, not necessarily the minimum temperature required to do so, and all he really needs to do is encase him in ice,
    The problem here is that your second assertion doesn't follow-on from the first. While it's true that the liquid nitrogen may not be the necessarily the minimum temperature needed (it would have pretty much the same effect on a human, after all), you can't just arbitrarily declare that the same result can be achieved by just encasing the T-1000 in ice, particularly when this isn't even fatal to humans in the Airbender verse.
    which has been shown to be possible, and since the T-1000 can only recover once its unfrozen (never if Aang stays there), it qualifies as a knockout.
    I suspect a superhumanly strong robot capable of altering it's own shape into blades and picks just might be able to break out of an ice prison.
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2011-11-14 at 06:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

I agree with you that the T-1000 could break out if his whole body was trapped in ice, but if Aang freezes the individual pieces that come out of the rock slide, I doubt those have enough force to break out.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zingbat View Post
    True, but they don't have to be killed. Knocking them out or incapacitating them in some way is enough for the win.
    Arthur has defeated armies of thousands of men single-handedly. I'm sure I've heard Splinter and Shredder shout "There's too many of them!" on multiple occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I would actually give the fight to the transformers but Starscream is so incompetant he would actually make Rhionex do worse then normal. And it would be a close fight normally.
    As I said last time Starscream came up, it depends heavily on the incarnation of Starscream we're talking about. One fought evenly against a planet.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-14 at 08:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Arthur has defeated armies of thousands of men single-handedly. I'm sure I've heard Splinter and Shredder shout "There's too many of them!" on multiple occasions.
    Bah, that's just bad Arthurian fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    As I said last time Starscream came up, it depends heavily on the incarnation of Starscream we're talking about. One fought evenly against a planet.
    I'm not familiar with that particular version of Transformers, but Super Starscream looks like a one-shot power-up, and thus wouldn't count. And even if it did, I'd still wager that Kid Mircleman would tear him apart.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Arthur and the green knight are strong guys with swords. Splinter and Shredder are ninjas (even though they seemingly never sneak around anywhere).

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) -- With high Celerity Jack probably could kill them himself. Divis Mal just makes the matchup pointless.

Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) I hear WH40K is pretty OP.

Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers) -- Kid Miracleman again seems too absurdly powerful.

King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT) -- I think the mystical invincible knights are a bit more of a match for two random ninjas. The only saving grace might be Shredder since he did always have a TON of technology. I don't know what his strongest was though, so the knights keep it for now.

Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) -- Don't think Aang's fire is hot enough to kill the T1000. And if they have any firearms, the Avatar people are probably screwed.

Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural) - Pass, don't know the universes.

Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter) -- I think the street fighters have enough power to blow up the ascended Mayor. Giles is just kind of an addon.

Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) -- Papatine and Luke, in the EU are absurdly powerful. I suppose if EU is not being used I would have to reconsider this one.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    I don't think these pairings are based much around fair fights
    But I like fair fights

You mean excluding the countless times he fights and otherwise demonstrates his powers in the series?
    I mean nobody ever applied a thermometer to the fire or ice he created. We know he can freeze water. Water is frozen at 100K and at 200K and at 250K (and up to 273K, iirc. So we have no idea how cold he can make it, or how hot the fore can be since we never as fasr as I can recall saw him use high degree fire bending ( he only fought human opponents for the most part and 'cold' fire is more than enough to deal with them)

Yeah, but we're talking about quite a lot of time here, assuming the heat generated by firebending is even enough to melt the T-1000 (again, note that said machine has walked out of an actual fireball without any noticeable ill-effects).
    It being a fireball doesn't mean it's extensively hot.

So, if Aang has >0% chance of winning then we might as well assume he'll win? Is that your point here? Because short of dropping the T-1000 into a convenient pool of lava Aang really doesn't have any real chance beyond getting extremely lucky.
    No, I'm saying both teams have a chance to win, and to me none is the clear winner since I estimate their abilites more evenly even though I might be wrong. I'll stick with Aang, sorry.

[/quote]
    The problem here is that your second assertion doesn't follow-on from the first. While it's true that the liquid nitrogen may not be the necessarily the minimum temperature needed (it would have pretty much the same effect on a human, after all), you can't just arbitrarily declare that the same result can be achieved by just encasing the T-1000 in ice, particularly when this isn't even fatal to humans in the Airbender verse.
    [/quote]
    We know very little about the T-1000 technology. He might just be vulnerable to getting short circuited under the right conditions I'm too lazy to check the movie but didn't it need to be thawed to regain from the freezing? So he is basically KOd for a while?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean nobody ever applied a thermometer to the fire or ice he created. We know he can freeze water. Water is frozen at 100K and at 200K and at 250K (and up to 273K, iirc. So we have no idea how cold he can make it,or how hot the fore can be since we never as fasr as I can recall saw him use high degree fire bending ( he only fought human opponents for the most part and 'cold' fire is more than enough to deal with them)
    At no point though was anyone seriously injured by the cold of an ice attack (let alone killed by it). People also frequently take blasts of fire-bending and walk it off. Temperatures on that scale are not going to cut it against the T-1000 (which, need I remind you, is designed to be really hard to kill). Experienced benders may be able to push the temperature ranges further, but this is very seldom seen in combat (even assuming it doesn't require group of benders working as a team to push this into threatening ranges). Note that the Fire Nation still seems to use forges, which suggests that fire-bending alone isn't quite enough for melting metals.

It being a fireball doesn't mean it's extensively hot.
    No, but fire-bending has never demonstrated being much hotter than a standard fireball.

No, I'm saying both teams have a chance to win, and to me none is the clear winner since I estimate their abilites more evenly even though I might be wrong.
    What are you basing this estimation on, exactly? Because you've still yet to provide any real reason to assume that Aang, short of knocking it into a volcano, has the ability to seriously damage or defeat the machine in question. Nor any reason to assume the Terminators won't just shoot him.

We know very little about the T-1000 technology. He might just be vulnerable to getting short circuited under the right conditions
    We have no reason to assume this is the case though, particularly since the T-800 (who had pretty good knowledge of its capabilities) never mentioned it.

I'm too lazy to check the movie but didn't it need to be thawed to regain from the freezing? So he is basically KOd for a while?
    You mean after it was doused in liquid nitrogen and then shattered into fragments? Yes.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Daemon

Wow, media discussion sure is full this week.

Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf)
    Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k)Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers) I think Starscream could probably take KM down.
    King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT)
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) Oh come on, Aang could easily take down the terminators. Aang fights armies of firebenders on a regular basis. Plus I think Oozai is tougher than the two terminators. The only reason Aang's losing out is because he does'nt have a bending buddy.
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural) Those two are practically immortal
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter)
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) Palpatine would probably destroy them, but not before they take out luke. Also, is charles stronger with his immortallity or something. Because I'd say a mind-raper who took out Lulu himself is much stronger than a powerless one. Immortallity isn't all it's cracked up to be in CG because doesn't charles die? Don't watch CG though

Thank you Selrach for your bios. They are helpful to everyone.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers) I think Starscream could probably take KM down.
    Um... how? I honestly can't think of any way that Starscream could to anything to Kid Miracleman. KM is able to hurl around hundreds of tons without breaking a sweat, move at superspeed and is invulnerable. What is Starscream going to do, whine at him until he wants to kill himself?
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

12. - Top - End - #42

Palpatine (Star Wars)[/B] Palpatine would probably destroy them, but not before they take out luke. Also, is charles stronger with his immortallity or something. Because I'd say a mind-raper who took out Lulu himself is much stronger than a powerless one. Immortallity isn't all it's cracked up to be in CG because doesn't charles die? Don't watch CG though
    Charles has two power states. One with memory modifying powers, and the other with immortality. Charles actually ended up getting erased from existence.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, media discussion sure is full this week.

Ripley & Ash (Aliens vs. Predator verse) vs Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf)
    Rachel & David (Animorphs) vs Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k)Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) vs Rhinox & Starscream (Transformers) I think Starscream could probably take KM down.
    King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) vs Splinter & Shredder (TMNT)
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator) Oh come on, Aang could easily take down the terminators. Aang fights armies of firebenders on a regular basis. Plus I think Oozai is tougher than the two terminators. The only reason Aang's losing out is because he does'nt have a bending buddy.
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural) Those two are practically immortal
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter)
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) vs Luke Skywalker & Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) Palpatine would probably destroy them, but not before they take out luke. Also, is charles stronger with his immortallity or something. Because I'd say a mind-raper who took out Lulu himself is much stronger than a powerless one. Immortallity isn't all it's cracked up to be in CG because doesn't charles die? Don't watch CG though

Thank you Selrach for your bios. They are helpful to everyone.

How is Oozai tougher then a terminator? I read his wiki entry and nothing suggested that he could take more abuse then any other human.

Also Charles does 'die' afby being erased by god. Prior to that he shot himself in the head to prove a point. Someone with similar immortality was burned at the stake and survived. Shot many times and was said to be able to be chopped up into many bits and shipped off and still survive.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Daemon

Results are finally in!

Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) 4-1 80%
    Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) 9-0 100%
    Tom Strong & Kid Miracleman (Alan Moore) 5-3 62.5%
    King Arthur & Green Knight (Arthurian Legend) 8-3 72.7%
    tie
    tie
    Giles & Olvikan (Richard Wilkins) (Buffyverse) vs Ken Masters & Akuma (Street Fighter) 3-1 75%
    Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) 6-5 54.5%

Next set!

Round 1 week 2 of 4

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek)
    Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate)
    Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs Siegfried & Astaroth (Soul Caliber)
    Cohen the Barbarian & Mr White (Discworld) vs Sonic & Dr Eggman (Sonic)
    Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire)
    Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
    Dr McNinja & Dracula (Dr McNinja) vs Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon)
    Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs Jack Sparrow & Davy Jones

Tiebreakers
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator)
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural)

Votes due 27th November @9:00am. Please vote and debate.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Two ties on the first round, wow.

Passes on all thngs I don't vote for due to lacking knowledge (duh)

Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate) - Okay, I know little on DC but... I'm afraid Stargate cre is overpowered here.
    Cohen the Barbarian & Mr White (Discworld) vs Sonic & Dr Eggman (Sonic) - Hm... I think both Sonix characters just can't stand up to Cohen. White is unneeded.
    Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire) - Aw man, what a tag team ASOIAF brings up. But against magic power on such a level... I don't see themw inning. Too bad.
    Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Easy. Jack 'dsitracts' Jill while the Dalek kills anything that is not a Dalek/immortal.
    Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs Jack Sparrow & Davy Jones - Much more magic power on DA's side... EVen if Jack could trick Morrigan I don't see him winning Flemeth over in any way.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark Tower
    Flagg is a powerful sorceror. Roland is an incredible gunfighter with magical superguns. Star Trek is overmatched. It's certainly arguable. Data and Khan are both impressive, but I would have to give the edge to the Gunslinger and his foe.

DC universe
    This should be an easy win for DC. Two incredibly powerful fighters, against two people closer to human than anything.

I'm fairly sure Digimon has the edge. Astaroth is a powerful golem with a big axe. Siegfried is a skilled and strong knight wielding a magical weapon. Digimon is a step beyond them in the power scale.

I'm really disappointed in the Discworld crop. Mr White in particular.. has no powers, skills or abilities at all. He is an absolutely average human, recently incarnated and thus with no real skills. In fact I'd argue that he falls under "Too Weak".

Cohen is competent enough, and he'll bring in all the "Hero Code" discussion that might net some victories.. but at the end of the day he is an 80+ year old human with non-magical weaponry. Even with the backing of the lady herself, I can't see him logically winning many matches. Particularly against other heroes.

Given Granny(Esme) Weatherwax and one of the more powerful villains, Discworld could have been a real contender. As it is, I think it's honestly a tossup as to whether the not exactly exceptional Sonic-Verse will win. Mr White brings nothing, and while Cohen could beat the villainous Robotnik easily enough, he'd have a harder time against the super fast speedball.

Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire)
    Hum. Genie? Really? I suppose the obvious interpretation is that Maleficent is his master, and defeating her wins it for the team. Which I can kind of see some teams doing...

Disney definitely wins this one though. The powerful sorceress capable of turning into a dragon has great odds even without a nigh-omnipotent magical spirit for backup.

Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
    Doctor Who has an immortal skilled guy with a gun, and an almost unkillable engine of destruction. Resident Evil has 2 skilled people with guns.

Pokemon wins. Round 1 at least. I'm sure McNinja would rebound from his defeat and come back and win later...

Well I don't know much about Dragon Age, but I know who Flemeth is. So I'm voting for the powerful dragon lady witch, to beat the squid man and the pirate. Dragon Age

17. - Top - End - #47

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

-Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek) [/
    I only have a fairly basic knowledge about these guys (save Khan) but I'm inclined to give it to the magical guys who can cross dimensions.

- Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate)
    I know nothing about Stargate so pass. I'd be surprised if either of the Star Gate guys could take Doomsday though.

-Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs Siegfried & Astaroth (Soul Caliber)
    Pass.

- Cohen the Barbarian & Mr White (Discworld) vs Sonic & Dr Eggman (Sonic)
    Depending on whether The Last Hero is canon, it may not be mortally possible to kill Cohen at all. Mr White is largely a non-factor (save possibly as a human shield) but Sonic isn't particularly known for lethal force, whereas Cohen definitely is. He's also genre-savvy enough to exploit the Hedghog's tendency to show-off and stop to make taunts. Eggman may be able to beat him, depending on what robots he brings, but if he can survive the Dr's initial attacks I doubt he'll struggle to exploit the inevitable weakpoints in Eggman's creations. I could definitely be persuaded otherwise though.

- Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire)
    The Disney side consists of a nigh-omnipotent magical spirit and a powerful sorceress. Curbstomp is not a strong enough term to describe how one-sided this is.

- Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
    Jack is immortal and Dalek's are so well armoured that they might as well be as far as team RE is concerned. The only real question here is whether Jack manages to seduce either of the opposing side before the Dalek kills them.

- Dr McNinja & Dracula (Dr McNinja) vs Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon)
    Pass.

- Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs Jack Sparrow & Davy Jones
    If Jones gets his ship and the Kraken, then maybe the POTC side could do it. Otherwise, I'm going for the two powerful witches, one of whom is also a dragon.

Tiebreakers
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator)

Have people just never seen Terminator 2 or something? Or is Aang just benefiting from the Fanboy Shield?
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2011-11-20 at 03:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate) - Okay, I know little on DC but... I'm afraid Stargate cre is overpowered here.
    The Martian Manhunter has Superman level strength and toughness plus heat vision and super breath. He's also a very powerful telelpath. Does have a weakness to fire.
    Doomsday is a nearly mindless engine of destruction. Beat Superman to death on their first encounter as well taking out the entire Justice League.
    The Stargate guys are toast
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Round 1 week 2 of 4

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek) those are some really powerful phasers and Data is really really tough
    Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate) I don't think they could take down doomsday but I bet they could handle the Martian
    Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs Siegfried & Astaroth (Soul Caliber) Well if you count their most powerful as when they have soul edge then they are both immortal butchers who drain the souls of those who oppose them.
    Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire) Maleficent went down to an ordinary knight while I don't think Genie is actually capable of killing someone else and can be taken down by picking up his lamp.
    Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) Jill Valentine is a fearless cop who is a crack shot and recently was genetically warped to be superhuman. Wesker is even better as he can flipping teleport and can take baths in molten lava.Okay they can't do anything about Jack really

Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural)

I'm surprised on the these ties. So who is Castiel and Lucifer anyways?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-11-21 at 03:10 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Maleficent went down to an ordinary knight while I don't think Genie is actually capable of killing someone else and can be taken down by picking up his lamp.
    An ordinary knight armed with a magic sword and a magic shield each specifically enchanted to counter her powers. Genie doesn't need to kill anyone, he can just take their weapons away, turn them into monkeys, teleport them to another continent or do pretty much anything else you can think of all before they get close enough to do make a grab for the lamp. The lamp which is being guarded by the powerful sorceress who can turn into a dragon at will. A teenager and a warrior aren't going to cut it here.

Jill Valentine is a fearless cop who is a crack shot and recently was genetically warped to be superhuman. Wesker is even better as he can flipping teleport and can take baths in molten lava.
    Daleks are essentially invulnerable to earth tech weaponry and their own weapons are pretty much a one-hit kill regardless of where they hit. They can also fly. Wesker might conceivably take more than one shot to bring down (if we're being generous) but he will be brought down eventually. Jack probably has Jill matched in accuracy (and definitely in terms of fearlessness) plus he can get up again after being killed.

My prediction would be Wesker attempts to beat-on the Dalek and while he's failing to win that, Jack and Jill - after some initial sparring, which may involve Jack getting 'killed' then standing up again - slip-away to resolve their inevitable sexual tension. Wesker eventually bites it, at which point Jill has the choice of either getting exterminated by an angry Dalek or electing to surrender. Either way, a net win for team DW
    Please explain this. Morrigan alone has enough magic to paralyse/freeze/electrocute/put to seep/stun/generally incapacitate multiple enemies and can magically heal herself (including via life-drain). Flemeth can turn into a giant flying fire-breathing lizard at will (and presumably do a fair bit of the above). Your typical pistol of that time period was good for about one shot (which would at most annoy a dragon). Even if we grant Jones immortality due to his heart, it will take little to no effort on team DA's part to incapacitate him.
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2011-11-20 at 03:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=Forum Explorer;12250259
    I'm surprised on the these ties. So who is Castiel and Lucifer anyways?[/QUOTE]

From the 'Supernatural' TV series. Lucifer is Lucifer, first of the fallen, lord of hell, the Adversary, the Serpent, etc
    Castiel was an arch-angel he may have recently become god

And seconding Mr Silvers comments on Jack and the Dalek and the genie and Maleficient
    Last edited by comicshorse; 2011-11-20 at 03:23 PM.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    An ordinary knight armed with a magic sword and a magic shield each specifically enchanted to counter her powers. Genie doesn't need to kill anyone, he can just take their weapons away, turn them into monkeys, teleport them to another continent or do pretty much anything else you can think of all before they get close enough to do make a grab for the lamp. The lamp which is being guarded by the powerful sorceress who can turn into a dragon at will. A teenager and a warrior aren't going to cut it here.

Daleks are essentially invulnerable to earth tech weaponry and their own weapons are pretty much a one-hit kill regardless of where they hit. They can also fly. Wesker might conceivably take more than one shot to bring down (if we're being generous) but he will be brought down eventually. Jack probably has Jill matched in accuracy (and definitely in terms of fearlessness) plus he can get up again after being killed.

My prediction would be Wesker attempts to beat-on the Dalek and while he's failing to win that, Jack and Jill - after some initial sparring, which may involve Jack getting 'killed' then standing up again - slip-away to resolve their inevitable sexual tension. Wesker eventually bites it, at which point Jill has the choice of either getting exterminated by an angry Dalek or electing to surrender. Either way, a net win for team DW

Please explain this. Morrigan alone has enough magic to paralyse/freeze/electrocute/put to seep/stun/generally incapacitate multiple enemies and can magically heal herself (including via life-drain). Flemeth can turn into a giant flying fire-breathing lizard at will (and presumably do a fair bit of the above). Your typical pistol of that time period was good for about one shot (which would at most annoy a dragon). Even if we grant Jones immortality due to his heart, it will take little to no effort on team DA's part to incapacitate him.
    Because the two of them are both highly skilled swordsman and tactictians as well as they get Jon's Dire Wolf. Plus Maelficant suffers from Diesny Villan Syndrome (considering she's a deisny villian ) One or both of them can distract the dragon even killing her with cleverness while the wolf snags the lamp which takes out genie. At the same time Jamine just out talks genie who won't act really without orders which Maelficant can't give in dragon form. Sure its definatly not a sure thing but I just feel that Jamie and Jon would win more often then not

Daleks are immune to our Earth's weaponry. Wesker carries around some nasty bioweapons that can transform any human into a ravening monster. Not sure who Jack is but he could easily end up infected and attacking the Dalek.

Ok the last one is just for fun. Though actually depending on the latest movie Jack might be able to win this with Davy Jones help. Plus he can summon the Kraken.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Genie doesn't have any magic lamp vulnerability though. At his most powerful, he was freed by Aladdin, so good luck dealing with him without that weakness.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Daleks are immune to our Earth's weaponry. Wesker carries around some nasty bioweapons that can transform any human into a ravening monster. Not sure who Jack is but he could easily end up infected and attacking the Dalek.
    Not sure bioweapons that affect humans would have any effect on a Dalek's alien DNA and that's assuming there armour isn't protected against such attacks.
    The nature of Jack's curse would probably eliminate such attacks in short order.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Genie doesn't have any magic lamp vulnerability though. At his most powerful, he was freed by Aladdin, so good luck dealing with him without that weakness.
    He lost a lot of his power when he was freed (still incredibly powerful though) so while he might be more effective as a free genie he was more powerful as a slave to the lamp.

As for Jack all I could find on his abilities is that he would come back from the dead every time he died. Since the ooberu virus doesn't actually kill its victems it should work on him. The transformation would enable Jack and compel him to kill his Darlek companion who would admitally would be pretty hard to infect. Still Wesker and Jill are capable of shooting that eye stalk to blind the Darlek and putting their fight in an abandoned mansion (the one from the first game but zombie free) would give them plenty of hiding places to avoid the Darlek.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-11-20 at 04:51 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

On the digimon thing. The two in question are two I don't know. But I do know the Soul Caliber characters. They're mildly superhuman, have nice weapons, and are skilled. Just reading the wiki page for the digimon characters shows how outclassed they are. D-reaper is the size of a city, and Alphamon is some sort of 30 foot tall god, who does some sort of timefreeze/infinite attacks thing.(honestly, the page was unclear). How are the Soul Caliber characters going to fight that?

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    He was much "weaker" when released from the lamp. As amply demonstrated by Jafar. Although really, without that weakness he doesn't belong in the contest at all, being just as unbeatable as the likes of Dream and Manhattan.

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek) those are some really powerful phasers and Data is really really tough
    Roland's (magical) heavy calibre guns blast robots apart with ease. Data's toughness is irrelevant.

What matters is speed, skill and combat awareness. Roland has all the other fighters beaten in that. And Flagg isn't really playing the same game at all.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

As for Jack all I could find on his abilities is that he would come back from the dead every time he died. Since the ooberu virus doesn't actually kill its victems it should work on him. The transformation would enable Jack and compel him to kill his Darlek companion who would admitally would be pretty hard to infect. Still Wesker and Jill are capable of shooting that eye stalk to blind the Darlek and putting their fight in an abandoned mansion (the one from the first game but zombie free) would give them plenty of hiding places to avoid the Darlek.
    Not exactly. Jack is a 'fixed point in time', meaning he will always return to the form he had when he was cursed. While this most often manifests as returning to life, any other major changes will also vanish as he resumes the fotm he had when we was cursed.
    Also Daleks figured out their eye-stalks were vulnerable, so they use force-fields too

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    Not exactly. Jack is a 'fixed point in time', meaning he will always return to the form he had when he was cursed. While this most often manifests as returning to life, any other major changes will also vanish as he resumes the fotm he had when we was cursed.
    Also Daleks figured out their eye-stalks were vulnerable, so they use force-fields too
    when does he return to that fixed point? Also on an unrelatted point what's a good episode to start watching Doctor Who?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show