New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    when does he return to that fixed point? Also on an unrelatted point what's a good episode to start watching Doctor Who?
    Usually only requires a few seconds for him to recover.

On your other question, Dr Who is usually broken down into Old and Nu Who.
    It originally ran from 1963-1989 ( this is old Who). Old Who was of its time and so is considered a little slow and with terrible special effects. Its best to only return to this if you like the modern stuff.

Nu Who started with a new first series in 2005 with a new doctor.
    I recommend either starting with the first series of the Nu Who with Christopher Ecclestone as the Doctor. The first episode is 'Rose'
    Or there has recently been a new Doctor. Matt Smith started with series Five. First epsiode is 'The Eleventh Hour'. This will give you a reasonably up-to-date and modern start on Who

(Don't worry about continuity as may be expected from a programme about a time traveller continuity changes fairly often)
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Because the two of them are both highly skilled swordsman[ and tactictians as well as they get Jon's Dire Wolf.
    Even if they did get the wolf (which is debatable given the rules), all of these are pretty much worthless when facing a being who can have them all in straight-jackets, shackled and locked in a cage with literally a snap of his fingers. Which they are, because they're facing the genie who can do all that and basically anything else you can think of. John and Jaime will only be in this fight until Maleficent tells the Genie to deal with them which will probably be around ten seconds at most, assuming the genie's going to be awkward about it. Maleficent's powers barely even matter here, as the Genie is basically a win button on his own.

Plus Maelficant suffers from Disney Villan Syndrome (considering she's a disney villian )
    Define Disney villain syndrome. I would also point out that Maleficent is notable for being a hell of a lot more effective than most other Disney Villains.
    One or both of them can distract the dragon even killing her with cleverness
    No. Again, she only got killed when confronted with magic items that were made with the specific purpose of defeating her. The same warrior had tried earlier with normal equipment and got his arse handed to him without her even resorting to dragon form.
    while the wolf snags the lamp which takes out genie.
    The same Genie who's already out and about when this fight starts, who can end this entire fight basically whenever he feels like it.
    At the same time Jamine just out talks genie who won't act really without orders which Maelficant can't give in dragon form.
    She's not starting off as a dragon. She will only adopt that form if she feels she needs to, which she won't because she has the bloody Genie.

Sure its definatly not a sure thing
    Understatement of the year.
    but I just feel that Jamie and Jon would win more often then not
    Based on what? Wishful thinking?

Daleks are immune to our Earth's weaponry.
    No, they're immune to the Whoniverse Earth's weaponry, which contains rather more sci-fi goodness than ours. And they have proven ludicrously resilient to the far more advanced weapons of that verse's other alien races. And again, a single hit from their weapons is typically enough to kill any normal sized life-form stone dead.
    Wesker carries around some nasty bioweapons that can transform any human into a ravening monster. Not sure who Jack is but he could easily end up infected and attacking the Dalek.
    Jack can't take down a Dalek either, so even if they did manage this it wouldn't make any real difference.
    Ok the last one is just for fun. Though actually depending on the latest movie Jack might be able to win this with Davy Jones help.
    ... How? Besides getting off two really, really, lucky shots I don't see a way they can pull this off.
    Plus he can summon the Kraken.
    Not here he can't. To quote the OP:
    All characters are at their most powerful (unassisted and non-omnipotent level). They do not get any one-shot power boosts. Ever. They do not get to bring allies with them
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2011-11-20 at 05:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

I consider things like the Kraken and Jon's wolf to be biological equipment. The Kraken because it can only be summoned and controlled by Jones and Jon's wolf because he can possess it and direct its actions.

I also said depending on the latest movie because I think Jack is looking for immortality in that movie and he might get it in which case we have two immortal fighters who will eventrually win due to attrition. Or perhaps he finds some crazy artifact, I don't know I haven't seen that movie

Disney Villan Syndrome: Playing around with their opponents, monologing, being very reactive to the hero, sending ineffective opponents out to fight, ignoring a supposedly defeated opponent and basically violating 95% of the evil overlord's list.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

I consider things like the Kraken and Jon's wolf to be biological equipment. The Kraken because it can only be summoned and controlled by Jones and Jon's wolf because he can possess it and direct its actions.
    Jon's wolf I'd maybe allow (and it wouldn't make any difference either way, Jon and Jaime are still utterly screwed), but the Kraken is pushing it. Even if we were to allow the Kraken though, and even if the fight was taking place, say, in a port or harbour where it could actually be useful, the Kraken has no ranged attacks, while all Morrigan's spells are ranged and Flemeth can fly.
    I also said depending on the latest movie because I think Jack is looking for immortality in that movie and he might get it in which case we have two immortal fighters who will eventrually win due to attrition.
    Jack isn't immortal by the end of stranger tides. Note also that if team DA can simply render Jones a none threat (which they can) it counts as a win under the rules.
    Or perhaps he finds some crazy artifact, I don't know I haven't seen that movie
    Evidently, because he doesn't.
    Disney Villan Syndrome: Playing around with their opponents, monologing, being very reactive to the hero, sending ineffective opponents out to fight, ignoring a supposedly defeated opponent and basically violating 95% of the evil overlord's list.
    Pretty much none-factors in a straight fight like this then. Particularly when she has the genie who, as previously mentioned, can end this fight in a matter of seconds.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek)
    Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate)
    Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs Siegfried & Astaroth (Soul Caliber)
    Cohen the Barbarian & Mr White (Discworld) vs Sonic & Dr Eggman (Sonic)
    Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire)
    Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
    Dr McNinja & Dracula (Dr McNinja) vs Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon)
    Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs Jack Sparrow & Davy Jones

Tiebreakers
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator)
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural)
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-11-21 at 06:56 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Since it's currently a landslide in favour of the Soul Caliber people, would someone care to explain to me how two near humans are going to kill this:
    Spoiler
    Show

That is a creature literally the size of a city, that washes away skyscrapers just by moving. What are Astaroth and Siegfried logically going to be able to do? How do you even conceive that they would win? It seems to me that the two fighters just operate on a vastly lesser scale.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

well Astaroth at his strongest destroys the entire world as becomes the god of War.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    He was much "weaker" when released from the lamp. As amply demonstrated by Jafar. Although really, without that weakness he doesn't belong in the contest at all, being just as unbeatable as the likes of Dream and Manhattan.
    Yeah, I don't see how we can have Genie in this without the lamp as a weakness. He only has three limitations on his powers: can't kill, can't make people fall in love, and can't bring the dead back to life. Without the lamp, he would be unstoppable, even with his somewhat diminished powers.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek) -- Not familiar with the Dark Tower, and Wikipedia wasn't very helpful as far as abilities go. Voting Star Trek for now. How well can these two stand up to phaser blasts from an android and a genetically engineered super-soldier?

Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate) -- No contest. Poor Stargate...

Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs Siegfried & Astaroth (Soul Caliber) -- pass

Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire)

Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)

Dr McNinja & Dracula (Dr McNinja) vs Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) -- pass

Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs Jack Sparrow & Davy Jones -- pass

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Cohen is competent enough, and he'll bring in all the "Hero Code" discussion that might net some victories.. but at the end of the day he is an 80+ year old human with non-magical weaponry. Even with the backing of the lady herself, I can't see him logically winning many matches. Particularly against other heroes.
    I think Cohen would have to be younger, given the stipulation that he must be at his most powerful.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

That is a creature literally the size of a city, that washes away skyscrapers just by moving. What are Astaroth and Siegfried logically going to be able to do? How do you even conceive that they would win? It seems to me that the two fighters just operate on a vastly lesser scale.
    Eh, I'll be honest. I just really, really don't like digimon. Even if the digimon would most likely win, it's like. No. Go away digimon. <_<

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

when does he return to that fixed point?
    It seems to depend on a combination of how much damage he has sustained and the needs of the plot. Normally, though, it only takes a minute if he hasn't been blown up or burnt to a crisp.

Also on an unrelatted point what's a good episode to start watching Doctor Who?
    These days I recommend starting with season five of NuWho. This is the start of the current Doctor's run, played by Matt Smith. Whenever we get a new version of the Doctor, we also usually get a new context and story arc, so it's a good place for new watchers to jump in. Once you catch up on seasons five and six, you can swing back to season one of NuWho and work your way up.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Maleficent isn't a typical Disney villain. No monologuing, no cat and mouse, and ready and able to kill. She's badass, and she scared the crap out of me when I first saw Sleeping Beauty as a kid. She was only taken down by Generic Handsome Prince because he was helped by three powerful (if more typically Disney-fied) fairies and magical weapons specifically made to destroy M. I'd argue she could possibly win this one on her own.

But there's also Genie. I think he's too powerful according to the rules, but here he is. As long as M. is able to protect the lamp, these two may win this thing.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    Eh, I'll be honest. I just really, really don't like digimon. Even if the digimon would most likely win, it's like. No. Go away digimon. <_<
    I know what you mean. I have an irrational hatred of Goku from Dragon Ball. I always want to vote against him, even though he should usually win. I feel the same way about anything-mon, to a lesser extent.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

The DC guys are both Superman-level. 'nuff said.
    Ridiculously one-sided in Digimon's favor. Not only is D-Reaper an evolving blob monster the size of a city, Alphamon can fly and create energy blasts large enough to fill the sky.
    Since Dracula doesn't have his moon laser, the Pokémon just outclass them.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-21 at 09:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zingbat
    How well can these two stand up to phaser blasts from an android and a genetically engineered super-soldier?
    They can't. Or at least, Roland can't. Flagg might have a magical shield prepared. Both Khan and Data are much stronger and tougher than the Gunslinger and his friend. However, I would argue that physical strength and toughness doesn't matter much in this contest. What matters, is gun skill.

Roland's revolvers are made from Excalibur, they fire heavy calibre bullets and on multiple cases in the novels, he goes up against robots who are pulped to bits with no difficulty. Data and Khan aren't tough enough to escape being shot into bits.

Roland is locked into a cycle. An eternal quest for the tower that leads back to it's beginning, devouring itself like an Ouroboros. Over countless iterations he has followed through his journey. His skill is legendary, his speed is incredible, his knowledge of combat is immense. His sense of self as anything other than a machine for the quest fades away, but he pushes onwards. Everything not essential is washed away in the quest, while the things that he needs are honed to perfection.

Randall Flagg is much more of an enigma. He is the eternal enemy to Roland, putting obstacles in his well trod path to the tower. He has very ill defined abilities, but they definitely include protective magic, and magic that can harm, he has been responsible for world ending plagues before. His chief role though seems to be to exacerbate wedges between groups. To break up unity and replace it with discord.

Data is quick. Khan is determined. Neither one of them has the sheer single minded dedication to their task that Roland has. Data barely cares about combat, while Khan is more concerned with power than victory.

I'm sure Roland and Flagg will eventually go out to somebody who can tank their damage with ease, or dodge bullets... But I do not see them losing in what amounts to a straight up gunfight.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer
    well Astaroth at his strongest destroys the entire world as becomes the god of War.
    Yeah? Can you explain?

Quote Originally Posted by zingbat
    I think Cohen would have to be younger, given the stipulation that he must be at his most powerful.
    I think there are two main problems with that.
    1. We never see Cohen when he is younger. Estimating abilities we have never seen demonstrated does not seem like a good imposition to place on a character if it can be avoided.
    2. In the stories, it is pretty clear that Cohen is still very much in his prime. The ageing experience has "Left him hard, like old oak" as it is put. The experience outweighs the physical limitations.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek) - Pass. Dark Tower powers are not well enough explained on wikipedia.

Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) vs Jack O’Neil & Ba’al (Star Gate) - Uh yeah, poor Jack and Ba'al, no chance here

Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) vs Siegfried & Astaroth (Soul Caliber) - Pass, don't know either universe

Cohen the Barbarian & Mr White (Discworld) vs Sonic & Dr Eggman (Sonic) - Pass, don't know either universe

Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire) - Like the DC one, its funny how overmatched the Song of Ice and Fire people are here.

Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Dalek's are too durable to lose this one I'd say.

Dr McNinja & Dracula (Dr McNinja) vs Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) - Pass, don't know either universe

Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs Jack Sparrow & Davy Jones - The third horribly overmatched set this time around. Magic users beat pirates, even if one is squid pirate. Hell give them the Kraken and I'd still put odds on the two witches (one of whom is a Dragon).
    Last edited by Chen; 2011-11-21 at 10:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Ok since Jack almost instantly regens from anything I've got to give it to his team over Wesker. A shame I really like Wesker.

Maleficent does fall victiem to the syndrome just not as bad as most of them. She just throws obstacles at the prince instead of just killing him right away, plus she gets obsessed with vengence and doesn't take care to protect herself from the three fairies who oppose her. Actually she might have better odds without Genie because if either of them can get to the lamp they can and will shut her down while she won't instant kill them or try to till the end.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ok since Jack almost instantly regens from anything I've got to give it to his team over Wesker. A shame I really like Wesker.

Maleficent does fall victiem to the syndrome just not as bad as most of them. She just throws obstacles at the prince instead of just killing him right away, plus she gets obsessed with vengence and doesn't take care to protect herself from the three fairies who oppose her. Actually she might have better odds without Genie because if either of them can get to the lamp they can and will shut her down while she won't instant kill them or try to till the end.
    While its mostly irrelevant at present, if they know to get to the lamp, and they know to make wishes with the lamp (difficult while you have a dragon on top of you), since genie is still on the same side, he can probably pull a literal genie on them to nullify many of the wishes they make.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah? Can you explain?
    Astaroth and Siegfried are both at their strongest when they have soul edge/soul calibar unopposed.

Siedfried ends up encasing the entire world in crystal and Astaroth becomes a giant evil thing that brings about the dark ages. (Just checked the ending videos on youtube and learned that I was misrembering what exactly happened)
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Siedfried ends up encasing the entire world in crystal and Astaroth becomes a giant evil thing that brings about the dark ages. (Just checked the ending videos on youtube and learned that I was misrembering what exactly happened)
    The "giant evil thing" is still smaller than MegaGargomon, who gets overpowered (and outsized) by the D-Reaper's medium-power spawn.

Freezing the world seems more effective, but it's slow and the D-Reaper is "constantly evolving" so it would come up with a counter eventually. Particularly since the inside of its body follows different physical laws. And its final form generates so much heat it was said the polar ice caps would melt in days.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-21 at 04:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire) - pass
    Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs Jill Valentine & Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - pass
    Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs Jack Sparrow & Davy Jones -pass

Tiebreakers
    Aang & Koh the Facestealer (Avatar: the Last Airbender 'verse) vs T-800 & T-1000 (Terminator)
    Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) vs Castiel & Lucifer (Supernatural)
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

Daemon

These have got to be the most unbalanced combats yet.

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) vs Data & Khan (Star Trek) Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! loses.
    Cohen the Barbarian & Mr White (Discworld) vs Sonic & Dr Eggman (Sonic) Old Cohen, because you can't vote for something unseen by the viewers.
    Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) vs John Snow & Jaime Lannister (Song of Ice and Fire) Disney wins this round but I'm going to monologue on the Genie's "power". The genie's power level is his one as a "freenie" but with the lamp weakness so he doesn't get too omnipotent. His lamp power level is n/a as he never fights in it and seems incapable of doing so (his inabillity to screw Jafar over). One important factor when concerning the genie is the name of his source. A source that spawned 3 movies and a cartoon. It's called "Aladdin". Not "Patch Manhattan". Not "Robin Williams is just that good". This is because genie rarely saves the day. Aladdin does with his wits. So the genie is not half as powerful as we think he is. A deleted song from Aladdin reveals that "Prince Ali's" procession was really insects and rats, meaning he's more like a fairy than an omnipotent. Now let's discuss Jafar "the world's most powerful genie" a paragon of the genie race. Even though he is omnipotent how does he try to defeat our heroes? In the most roundabout, ridiculous way possible which would be circuitous by bond villain standards. And who kills Jafar may I ask? A Parrot. That's right, killed by his heel face turned familiar. That's a low way to go. If Jafar ever entered the Royale, he'd be as a sorceror. Genie's are seriously overrated. But still tough.
    Dr McNinja & Dracula (Dr McNinja) vs Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) Crazy Awesome!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    These have got to be the most unbalanced combats yet.
    You set them up

One important factor when concerning the genie is the name of his source. A source that spawned 3 movies and a cartoon. It's called "Aladdin". Not "Patch Manhattan". Not "Robin Williams is just that good". This is because genie rarely saves the day. Aladdin does with his wits. So the genie is not half as powerful as we think he is.
    That last part does not follow from the preceding points.

A deleted song from Aladdin reveals that "Prince Ali's" procession was really insects and rats, meaning he's more like a fairy than an omnipotent.
    A really, really, really powerful fairy.
    Now let's discuss Jafar "the world's most powerful genie" a paragon of the genie race. Even though he is omnipotent how does he try to defeat our heroes? In the most roundabout, ridiculous way possible which would be circuitous by bond villain standards. And who kills Jafar may I ask? A Parrot. That's right, killed by his heel face turned familiar. That's a low way to go.
    These being some of the many, many, reasons everyone likes to pretend Return of Jafar never happened. Even more so than most Disney Sequels.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

They can't. Or at least, Roland can't. Flagg might have a magical shield prepared. Both Khan and Data are much stronger and tougher than the Gunslinger and his friend. However, I would argue that physical strength and toughness doesn't matter much in this contest. What matters, is gun skill.
    OK, let's go with gun skill. It's hard to out-gun a superfast android with a targeting system and a super-soldier, both of which have energy weapons that can vaporize people. I'm not saying the Dark Tower guys can't do it, just that I'm not convinced.

Roland's revolvers are made from Excalibur, they fire heavy calibre bullets and on multiple cases in the novels, he goes up against robots who are pulped to bits with no difficulty. Data and Khan aren't tough enough to escape being shot into bits.
    What kind of magic do they have? Because revolver bullets just aren't going to do it. Data can withstand sustained fire from a 22nd century assault rifle with no major damage.

Data is quick. Khan is determined. Neither one of them has the sheer single minded dedication to their task that Roland has. Data barely cares about combat, while Khan is more concerned with power than victory.
    True regarding Data. His first choice is a tricorder, not a phaser. But the rules state that the combatants fight without delay, so it's going to be guns blazing from the start. And Khan cares about power and victory; why settle for just one? My vote stands... for all the good it will do.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

His lamp power level is n/a as he never fights in it and seems incapable of doing so (his inabillity to screw Jafar over). One important factor when concerning the genie is the name of his source. A source that spawned 3 movies and a cartoon. It's called "Aladdin". Not "Patch Manhattan". Not "Robin Williams is just that good". This is because genie rarely saves the day. Aladdin does with his wits. So the genie is not half as powerful as we think he is.
    Genie rarely saves the day not from lack of power, but because he's dumb as a post. Once he's free from the lamp, Genie is a game-breaker. There was no good in-universe reason why Genie couldn't just snap his fingers and fix whatever the problem of the week was in the animated series. So he has to be stupid so that the show/movie isn't over in ten seconds.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, let's go with gun skill. It's hard to out-gun a superfast android with a targeting system and a super-soldier, both of which have energy weapons that can vaporize people. I'm not saying the Dark Tower guys can't do it, just that I'm not convinced.
    I think the evidence that Data has a particularly advanced targeting system at work is spotty. Like every other character in Star trek, he misses shots with that phaser a fair amount. I'm not saying he's a bad shot, just not a particularly noteworthy one either.

Khan.. Khan would prefer to crumple a gun into a ball just to prove his power. I don't think his gun fighting is as good as his brawling.

Roland on the other hand, is a quick shooter. We get a lot of talk in the books about him being inhumanly quick, so perhaps he is even a little quicker than the best humans we know. That was from the perspective of Eddy though, who is unlikely to be the best at judging whether something is peak human or superhuman. Throughout the entire run of the books the only time I can recall him missing was when his hand was bitten off, and he was delirious from infection. He has perfect, potentially supernatural, vision, and can hit targets right on the edge of it with perfect accuracy.

If it's a quickdraw, I could potentially *possibly* see Data outdrawing him. If terrain is involved, I think the much more experienced Roland will come to the fore. He lives for combat.

What kind of magic do they have? Because revolver bullets just aren't going to do it. Data can withstand sustained fire from a 22nd century assault rifle with no major damage.
    AR bullets are generally around a .30 cal bullet. Roland carries monstrous .44 cal hand cannons with custom shells. Even if the guns weren't forged from Excalibur, they'd be a lot better at smashing through metal than any assault rifle. The "Magic" isn't specified, beyond the characters talking about how the guns are incredibly well made, easy to handle, reliable, etc. I doubt the enhancement fundamentally changes their nature. Think of them more as the platonic ideal of the revolver, than something that spews out magical wishing fire.

Given that in Wolves of the Calla they are easily capable of smashing robots to bits, I see no reason that Data would escape the same fate.

And Khan cares about power and victory; why settle for just one?
    I just think Khan is much more interested in proving his might and his dominance over his opponent than maximizing his chance at victory. Which hurts his chance at victory.

My vote stands... for all the good it will do.
    That's fine. I honestly do think this one is a nice even, quite debatable fight.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Next set!

Round 1 week 2 of 4

Roland and Flagg
    J'onn J'ones and Doomsday
    pass
    Sonic & Eggman
    Genie & Maleficennt
    Harkness and Dalek
    Articuno & Mewtwo
    pass

29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned

Daemon

Results are in!

Roland & Randall Flagg (Dark Tower) 66.6%
    Martian Manhunter & Doomsday (DC Universe) 100%
    Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) 71.4%
    Cohen the Barbarian & Mr White (Discworld) 75%
    Genie & Maleficent (Disney Animated Canon) 88.8%
    Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) 100%
    Articuno & Mewtwo (Pokemon) 71.4%
    Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) 88.8%

Round 1-week 3 of 4
    Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs Percy Jackson & Luke (Percy Jackson)
    Drizz’t & Mina (Dungeons and Dragons) vs V & Xykon (Order of the Stick)
    Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece)
    Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night))
    Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto)
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
    Freddy Kruger & Jason Vorhees vs Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat)
    Edward Elric & Scar (Full Metal Alchemist) vs Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid)

Votes due December 4 @9:00am. Please vote and debate.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

this looks like a fun week but first which Mina is that?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show