New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs Percy Jackson & Luke (Percy Jackson)
    Something tells me DBZ will win, but I just don't know the verse's well enough.

Drizz’t & Mina (Dungeons and Dragons) vs V & Xykon (Order of the Stick)
    14-15th level wizard and 21+level Lich sorceror is powerful. However Mina is apparently a god. I think somebody who knows Mina needs to do an explanation of her. In DnD you can generally bet on gods to beat even the most powerful mortals.

Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece)
    No knowledge. Pass.

Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night))
    No knowledge. Pass.

Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto)
    "Basilisk" is a vague term. Anything from a serpent-bird, to a moderately sized lizard, to a gigantic monster snake. Powers ranging from instant death vision to petrification to trailing poison.

Assuming the Basilisk is a giant lizard with petrifying sight, I think it would make for a pretty nice steed for Beowulf. Not as nice as Fafnir though.

Beowulf himself is an impressive character. Superhuman feats include ripping off arms and swimming underwater for three days.

I know little about Naruto though...

Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
    Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash and Nightmare Moon is a pretty cool pairing.

I predict controversy over the power levels of Sephiroth. Characters from FF7 have at various points, been taken down by swords and tanked blasts that destroy moons. Sephiroth has an awesomely crazy supernova attack that doesn't actually make sense.

In all honesty, the Square characters probably have this won unless Nightmare Moon can pull some friendship destroying tricks to turn Sora against Sephiroth. Just to make it easier for the ponies, I'll set the fight in Everfree forest, with the combatants starting separated.

Freddy Kruger & Jason Vorhees vs Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat)
    It's a fight to the victory. Not to the death. Accordingly, the powers of Jason to take punishment, and then come back from it doesn't really matter. The power for Freddy to strike in dreams doesn't matter. While the mystical superpowers and immense skill of the Mortal Kombat folk does matter.

Edward Elric & Scar (Full Metal Alchemist) vs Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid)
    A fight I'd like to watch, I can imagine a lot of pyrotechnics occurring. I would definitely give it to the Metroid verse though. The Alchemists would need to close in and dematerialize the suits before they could do any real damage. That would be a very tricky feat against the mobility that both Metroid characters have, especially while avoiding their impressive firepower.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Daemon

Mina is from Dragonlance. I think she might have been a mortal who became a god but not sure. Certainly an actual D&D god (being far above CR 30) is too powerful for the royale. But since she was mortal (and a ghost) we'd use her pre-divine power level. We need a Mina-ologist (Forum Explorer) to tell us how powerful she is. Or alternatively, it's still day one and I could nip this at the bud and replace Mina with Lord of Blades.

Oh and forgot to say, Bleach and Terminator won the ties! Also Mr white was disqualified from Battle Royale one grounds of too weak. Cohen will get a tougher partner in time for round 2.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Round 1-week 3 of 4

Drizz’t & Mina (Dungeons and Dragons) vs V & Xykon (Order of the Stick) this one can go either way really but Mina is capable of creating invincible undead who are fully intelligent and devoted to her. Also while mortal she slew a dragon the side of the mountain.

Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece) Being able to block anything alongside the most destructive mage the world has ever seen?

Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)): Another fun one, but Lucy doesn't really have anything that can stand up to Saber or Berserker. Hades would be hard pressed to harm them as well.

Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) because the ninja's take too long to win and will lose at least one if not both team members to the Basilisk's stare
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic): Well this is just obvious.

A more detailed description on Mina. Though she is a god throughout most of the books she is unaware of being one and seems to be relatively incapable of drawing on her power. She sorta acts as an epic cleric to two different dark gods throughout the books but I believe it is stated that she is actually unknowingly drawing on her own power rather then having it granted to her. She is pretty much the god of love and is both good and evil. (but not neutral.) While 'mortal' she uses this to basically capture the hearts of those she leads ensuring next to absolute loyalty and even seducing those who would be her enemies.

Other abilities seen while 'mortal': Absolute regeneration of others injuries and apparently the ability to come back from apparent death. (Her own funeral pyre no less) The ability to see through all lies and deception instantly knowing the true nature of who she faces. The ability to reflect harm done to her (she redirected a giant blue dragon's lightning breath back into it killing it.) As well as powerful cleric spells 'granted' to her by her current patron. Thaksis at least kept her constantly in the loop granting her nigh unlimited knowledge. She can also sorta mind blast those who look into her eyes. Basically she just lets them know that a god fights on her side as an intimidation factor by letting them see the viewpoint of god. (doubt that would do anything to Xykon but it might through V for a bit of a loop)
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-11-27 at 07:12 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs Percy Jackson & Luke (Percy Jackson) - No contest.
    Drizz’t & Mina (Dungeons and Dragons) vs V & Xykon (Order of the Stick) - Pass for now, I don't know who mina is. However, if they're not significantly more powerful than drizzt, I'd give this to OOTS purely because xykon appears to be higher level (and is a spellcaster).
    Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece) - Pass
    Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) - Pass
    Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) - I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb here and assume that the 4th, given that he's kakashi's teacher, would probably do a similar sort of thing and use kage bunshin to gather information when fighting an unknown opponent. He can then find out the basilisk's power and stomp it while blindfolded or something, or just overwhelm it with clones. Beowulf is probably a non-issue compared to the ninjas.
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) - Nothing can destroy friendship, it's the most powerful force in the universe! It's even stronger than chuck norris!
    Edward Elric & Scar (Full Metal Alchemist) vs Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) - I like FMA, but I doubt alchemy is going to work very well against metroid tech.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs Percy Jackson & Luke (Percy Jackson) - While Percy and Luke have Achilles immortality, Dragonball is just too strong
    Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto)
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) - Very tough since Sephiroth's power level is kind of wonky, but I'm going to go ponies for rainboom nuke and moon drop

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know enough about Percy Jackson to vote, but I assume that the DBZ characters can overpower them.

Mina who?

Pretty sure that Luffy can outfight Fighter, and Crocodile can easily kill Black Mage if he gets close enough. BM might be able to kill both the One Piece guys with his Hadoken though.

Saber is practically immune to magic, and Berserker is immune to anything which isn't max-level regardless of strength. Plus Saber's sword has one-shotted eldritch abominations.

I doubt the basilisk will do much against Voldemort Orochimaru, and the 4th has teleport-spam to confound Beowulf.

Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
    No idea, but it's worth pointing out that Sephiroth's Supernova cannot kill its targets and appears to be an illusion/Mind Crush type attack.

No clue.

It would be a cool fight though.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-27 at 10:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Lord Loss; 2011-11-27 at 06:05 PM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

To sum up Mina for those who haven't read my post above. She is a god who has been tricked into thinking she is mortal. She acts as the high priestess of the god of Darkness, and then plays the same role for the god of Death after the god of darkness is stripped of her immortality and killed. She is capable of epic magics which usually takes the form of denying or reflecting her opponents abilities back at them.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Not much I know about here.

Yeah, DBZ's power level is going to carry this fairly handily. As almost always happens when characters from it end-up in versus threads.

Assuming Mina is that character from the later Dragonlance novels (basically an evil fantasy Joan of Arc who can command ghosts) I'm inclined to give this to the two powerful spell-casters. I may be wrong here though, if someone wants to link to a description on Mina I'd appreciate it.

Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece) - pass
    I know nothing about One Piece's power level. I'm guessing it's fairly high (it is a Shonen Fighting series) but not sure how well it compares to endgame 8-Bit.

Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night))- pass
    Never seen FSN and haven't even heard of Fairy Tail so...

Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) - pass
    Basilisk's death gaze is going to be the deciding factor (Beowulf is notable for being something of a badass normal), and I don't really enough about Naruto to have any idea what their defences against insta-kills are.

Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) - pass
    I don't really know how exactly sentient magical Ponies would fight two armed warriors, but given how ridiculously insane internet fandom is around Kingdom Hearts, Sephiroth and MLP there's basically no chance of this ever being anything other than a popularity contest.

Freddy Kruger & Jason Vorhees vs Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) - pass
    Don't know don't care

Edward Elric & Scar (Full Metal Alchemist) vs Samus & Dark Samus(Metroid)
    The Metroid 'verse has too much of a tech lead to really lose this one (FMA tech is around WWI-1920s level). Yeah, alchemy is strong but not really up to the kinds of ranged assault the FMA team will be taking (Ice beams, homing missiles, energy blasts, Bombs). Samus' armour is also pretty durable and she still has superior speed and agility. It'd be a good fight though.
    Last edited by Mx.Silver; 2011-11-27 at 01:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Beowulf is notable for being something of a badass normal
    No. He really isn't.

Beowulf:
    Overpowers a hideous troll who "Blades can't pierce" with pure raw strength.
    Wrestles with a giant sea-serpent underwater for three days. EDIT: Sorry, *Nine* giant sea serpents underwater for three days.
    Hits things so hard that he literally breaks his swords.
    Defeats a gigantic fire breathing dragon while a very old man, dismissing his armies as they would be of no help.

Beowulf is every bit as superhuman as characters like Gilgamesh or Heracles. The only thing he lacks is a divine heritage acting as an excuse for his supernatural abilities.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2011-11-27 at 02:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    No. He really isn't.

Beowulf:
    Overpowers a hideous troll who "Blades can't pierce" with pure raw strength.
    Wrestles with a giant sea-serpent underwater for three days. EDIT: Sorry, *Nine* giant sea serpents underwater for three days.
    Hits things so hard that he literally breaks his swords.
    Defeats a gigantic fire breathing dragon while a very old man, dismissing his armies as they would be of no help.

Beowulf is every bit as superhuman as characters like Gilgamesh or Heracles. The only thing he lacks is a divine heritage acting as an excuse for his supernatural abilities.
    Damn, you're right. Must have been getting him confused with someone else.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Well... no real surprises last week. But interesting-ish teams for the new one.
    Also: Yay, a better match for Cohen!

Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs Percy Jackson & Luke (Percy Jackson) - I hardly know PJ but I guess DB ist just on another scale... though, weird pics from the cast but whatever.
    Drizz’t & Mina (Dungeons and Dragons) vs V & Xykon (Order of the Stick) - Well, if she is a goddess... I guess we need to think about disqualifying here, depending on the level. I know too little to be sure but god is god.
    Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece) - As much as I like OP (though, again, Crocodile? Really?) I think Fighter who can block anything and Blackmage who can destroy anything would win over the others if it wasn't for Fighter and Luffy actually wlaking out on the other two grab a beer. Then BM would be in a bit of a pinch but in the team battle... no problem.
    Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) - Hm... I think FT is outmatched here. Saber is pretty damn badass, and Berserker... well, I guess they might be able to handle him.
    Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) - Not much of a contest, I think. Basilisk might be interesting but against Voldemort...
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) - Xou know what? /%E§(=&= me. That's the contestants for FF? No offense to anyone but as much as I dislike the hype around the ponies if that's the match for FF I'll even vote for them. Sense or not.
    Freddy Kruger & Jason Vorhees vs Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) - Much more battle hardned I think.
    Edward Elric & Scar (Full Metal Alchemist) vs Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) - I'll give it to superior technology.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

why all the love for Orochimuaru? Sure he is impressive but he isn't immortal or all knowing. What does he got that could beat the basalisk fast enough? Plus there is still Beowulf to consider.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Eh, he might be able to survive the basilisk stare actually. I still don't really know what exactly orochimaru is, but it seems like he may well survive the destruction of his body. IMO though, it will come down to shadow clones, assuming the 4th isn't retarded he will probably use one to probe the enemy, and then get insta-knowledge of the death-stare when his clone poofs out of existence. From there it's just a matter of overwhelming the basilisk with clones, and I don't think beowulf would be able to keep up with them at all in combat speed. Also, can orochimaru use shadow clones? I can't remember him doing it, but he did have the schtick about learning every jutsu.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    Also, can orochimaru use shadow clones? I can't remember him doing it, but he did have the schtick about learning every jutsu.
    He can use Mud Clones - they're less convincing to magical senses, but that's irrelevant here.

Also, he controls snakes.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    Eh, he might be able to survive the basilisk stare actually. I still don't really know what exactly orochimaru is, but it seems like he may well survive the destruction of his body. IMO though, it will come down to shadow clones, assuming the 4th isn't retarded he will probably use one to probe the enemy, and then get insta-knowledge of the death-stare when his clone poofs out of existence. From there it's just a matter of overwhelming the basilisk with clones, and I don't think beowulf would be able to keep up with them at all in combat speed. Also, can orochimaru use shadow clones? I can't remember him doing it, but he did have the schtick about learning every jutsu.
    The basilisk stare doesn't destroy the body it either just kills the mind inhabiting the body leaving a husk behind or turns them to stone. So Orochimaru would be pretty F'ed either way. The 4th might pull it off with clones or in a straight fight if the basilisk can track him down once he knows about the death stare but it would still be a hard fight and meanwhile there is still Beowulf to consider.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs Percy Jackson & Luke (Percy Jackson) - strongly resisting the urge to vote agains DB out of spite...
    Drizz’t & Mina (Dungeons and Dragons) vs V & Xykon (Order of the Stick) -- Sadly, based on Forum Explorer's description, Mina outclasses the hometown favourites. I think it will be a good fight, but ultimately a loss for Ears and the lich.
    Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece) -- pass
    Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) -- pass
    Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) -- I'm assuming we have a rather large serpent-type basilisk with stone-gaze. I don't know much about Naruto, but Beowulf is superhuman and has a statue-making friend.
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) - as mentioned, FF power levels are screwy, especially when comparing storyline to in-game abilities. I think this is probably the most unpredictable fight, but I just can't vote for those weird little ponies.
    Freddy Kruger & Jason Vorhees vs Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) -- Horror movie villains are notoriously difficult to kill, but this isn't necessarily to the death. The Mortal Kombat crew can out-maneuver F and J and most likely incapacitate them.
    Edward Elric & Scar (Full Metal Alchemist) vs Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) -- speaking of out-maneuvering, I think Samus and her dark twin have the edge here: high mobility combined with massive firepower.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Gonna go ahead and say that Sora pretty much wins everything.

Because he can block hundreds of light speed attacks coming in from all directions constantly, cut multi story buildings in half with a mostly blunt object with little to no effort... and can fly at said speeds to keep up with an FTL ship.

He's just completely ridiculous, and most of that only happens in the KH 2 final battle.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    The basilisk stare doesn't destroy the body it either just kills the mind inhabiting the body leaving a husk behind or turns them to stone. So Orochimaru would be pretty F'ed either way. The 4th might pull it off with clones or in a straight fight if the basilisk can track him down once he knows about the death stare but it would still be a hard fight and meanwhile there is still Beowulf to consider.
    4th Hokage clones himself, uses Dead Demon Consuming Seal to destroy the souls of Beowulf and the Basilisk. Orochimaru sits back drinking lemonade.

Alternatively, the 4th's clones just grab the other guys and teleport them into underground caverns with no air.

Is Orochimaru allowed to summon indestructible zombies to fight for him?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-27 at 08:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    4th Hokage clones himself, uses Dead Demon Consuming Seal to destroy the souls of Beowulf and the Basilisk. Orochimaru sits back drinking lemonade.

Alternatively, the 4th's clones just grab the other guys and teleport them into underground caverns with no air.
    Somehow I doubt that technique can be done with a clone or else why wouldn't he have done so in his match against Orochimaru? Similarly when did we ever see him teleport? Or perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong Hokage. The 4th was that old man who fought Orochimaru during the Chunin exams right?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow I doubt that technique can be done with a clone or else why wouldn't he have done so in his match against Orochimaru? Similarly when did we ever see him teleport? Or perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong Hokage. The 4th was that old man who fought Orochimaru during the Chunin exams right?
    Old man = 3rd Hokage. 4th Hokage = Naruto's father. The 3rd came out of retirement when the 4th died.

And the 3rd did use clones to seal Orochimaru's zombie summons, which is mentioned on the page I linked.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-27 at 08:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Old man = 3rd Hokage. 4th Hokage = Naruto's father. The 3rd came out of retirement when the 4th died.

And the 3rd did use clones to seal Orochimaru's zombie summons, which is mentioned on the page I linked.
    yeah just caught that on a reread. Well I don't know anything about the 4th Hokage, but that link did mention that the technique would get the users soul so it would eliminate the 4th hokage as well.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

yeah just caught that on a reread. Well I don't know anything about the 4th Hokage, but that link did mention that the technique would get the users soul so it would eliminate the 4th hokage as well.
    Which doesn't matter - if everyone except Orochimaru is dead, the Naruto team wins.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Which doesn't matter - if everyone except Orochimaru is dead, the Naruto team wins.
    but would he resort to such a tactic? (Seriously I know nothing about this guy besides that he died sealing the fox into Naruto)
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #115

but would he resort to such a tactic? (Seriously I know nothing about this guy besides that he died sealing the fox into Naruto)
    I think you just answered your own question

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

But then Orochimaru would need a new partner...

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zingbat View Post
    But then Orochimaru would need a new partner...
    Rules state that everyone fights at their strongest, so he's alive again in the next round. If the results of previous rounds carried over then everyone would get more powerful by stealing the weapons of the people they'd defeated, etc.

And regardless, if Orochimaru uses Impure World Resurrection to summon the 1st and 2nd Hokages as immortal zombies... Beowulf and the Basilisk can't kill them and have no way to seal them, so they can't win.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-11-28 at 09:35 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Rules state that everyone fights at their strongest, so he's alive again in the next round. If the results of previous rounds carried over then everyone would get more powerful by stealing the weapons of the people they'd defeated, etc.

And regardless, if Orochimaru uses Impure World Resurrection to summon the 1st and 2nd Hokages as immortal zombies... Beowulf and the Basilisk can't kill them and have no way to seal them, so they can't win.
    Well technically both of those Kages have been sealed and he needs a sacrifice for each zombie, so he would have to revive someone else using the 4th, but the point stands.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

What was the verdict on the tiebreakers from week 1?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Based on the descriptions I read, either of those could work... if 4th knows that neither he nor his clones can be looked at by the basilisk, and then manages to do his techniques while avoiding both the basilisk's gaze and barbarian superhero.

(Although, to be fair, Beowulf is going to have to avoid the gaze as well, since it's not a voluntary power for the basilisk. He should probably use the basilisk as a mount.)

Also, regarding the teleport plan:
    - Does the 4th keep the locations of airless underground caverns in his head? Is he really that crazy prepared?
    - Do the clones actually have to grab their target? If so, they're going to find it difficult to do this to Beowulf.
    - And, of course, can they position themselves in a way that they will not be seen by the basilisk even for a moment?

Rules state that everyone fights at their strongest, so he's alive again in the next round.
    The Death God might have something to say about that. We might need a ruling on how suicide attacks work in this battle royal.

Your link specifically states that "The technique can be partially combated by immobilising the bodies in a way that it cannot move, act, or be recalled by the summoner." As in, being petrified by a basilisk's gaze. Also, the whole things seems at least somewhat complicated: DNA samples, living sacrifices, activating scrolls, opening caskets, waking the zombies... I don't know Naruto, but is this really something that can be done in the heat of battle? Beowulf doesn't have nice manners like most manga characters do; he's not going to twiddle his thumbs while elaborate transformation rituals are taking place. And, again, did he blindfold the basilisk or what?