New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    Gaara's a jinchuriki, but most of his power is just him. Probably. Except when he's in partial or full on tailed beast form. He killed a few guys during the forest part of the chuunin exam, and later a few ninjas who wanted to intimidate him because of some betting bull****, both in less than a minute (allowing for dramatic pauses). There's also a bit around the same arc where asuma takes down 9 ninjas, also in less than a minute. Naruto ninjas aren't slow at killing, it's just that important battles are all going to be anime-esque.
    Fine, I'm still going to say this fight won't be over quick since this would fall under important battle and thus take forever.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

It could just as easily be standard anime "first battle to show how goddamn powerful I am compared to these weaklings" though :p
    Also,
    Drizz’t & Mina (Dungeons and Dragons) vs V & Xykon (Order of the Stick)
    Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece) (still undecided for now)
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-02 at 11:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

It could just as easily be standard anime "first battle to show how goddamn powerful I am compared to these weaklings" though :p
    Plus the 4th Hokage is the "legendary hero we wish were still alive" and thus he has won all his depicted fights effortlessly, even against the most powerful guys in the setting.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-01 at 07:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Also,
    Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) vs Luffy & Crocodile (One Piece)
    How are you choosing Luffy and Crocodile btw?

As far as I understand Fighter is practically (read: literally) invulnerable, and Black Mage nukes cities.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Drizz't and Mina.

Drizz't is an unoptimized 17th level character, with a +2LA race. V is a rather unoptimized 13-14th wizard, who has notably had problems dealing with Drow. Drizz't's spell resistance, uncanny dodge, high saves and high HP will all combine to make the blaster style of V rather ineffective. V could run away, but that is a loss. Really though, that battle doesn't truly matter. Whoever wins between Xykon and Mina determines the victor.

Mina is an epic Cleric. Xykon is an epic Sorceror. Mina's epic spells seem a lot more useful than Xykons. Epic spell reflection turning Xykon's spells back against him seems like it would be a match winner.

Sora and Sephiroth

The ponies are much more fun and less confusing. But I can't in good conscience say that they are likely to win.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'll admit I don't really know much about either universe, so a quick check on the internets led me to believe it was some mage and a guy who's good with swords vs some retarded anime pirate thingies. Maybe I should just recant since I'm not exactly making the choice based on good information. Could someone explain either set of characters?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

I'll admit I don't really know much about either universe, so a quick check on the internets led me to believe it was some mage and a guy who's good with swords vs some retarded anime pirate thingies. Maybe I should just recant since I'm not exactly making the choice based on good information. Could someone explain either set of characters?
    Sure I'll give it a shot. I don't know much about One Piece though

Fighter: At strongest he is able to block anything and slaughter dragons by the dozen via power of suggestion. He is also so retarded he can use his stupidity as an attack. Incredibly loyal to Black Mage and able to bend the laws of physics with force of belief or something

Black Mage: Capable of destroying entire cities with one spell (but only once a day) also has plenty of other spells of mass destruction. Apparently capable of rapid teleportation stabbing as well as absorbing the evil/power of those he kills. Has horrible aim and apparently wiped out the dinosaurs. Is also a Blue Mage but only ever learned the Dreaded Goblin Punch (and its more of a kick) still he will learn their abilities as they hurt him. Capable of taking massive amounts of damage and living. Oh and when he died he took over Hell so the demons kicked him out by returning him to life.

Luffy: Has a retarded name and an awesome hat. Super strechy powers that make him immune to bullets and impact weaponry. Can still be cut though. He is very strong and decently fast. Likes to build up momentum and launch himself at enemies. Will drown if placed in water

Crocodile: All I really know is that he has powers over sand and that water really ruins his day.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

To expand on Forum Explorer, here's how I see the matchup:

Luffy vs Fighter: Fighter can block anything if he tries; he once blocked the ground when he was falling from an exploding castle. He also gets stabbed in the head repeatedly by BM (he gets better) and at the only real fight he ever has with BM, he gets Evil Dark Tendril'd when he turns his back (though it is implied he could have blocked them were he still facing BM). Luffy has the speed to make his attacks very hard to dodge (Enel and Sandersonia could both read his mind and predict his attacks, yet failed to move their own bodies fast enough to react) and even when blocked can send people through walls (Lucci and Marigold). Fighter could probably block the wall, though. Luffy is also vulnerable to swords. Haki powers can do some crazy stuff, especially against the weak-willed, but Fighter has used his stupidity as a weapon in the past.

Edge: probably Fighter, especially if he blocks with the edge rather than the flat (Don Kreig etc). Haki's a potential game-changer though.

Crocodile vs Fighter - Fighter can block anything, which might include a sandstorm. However he should be quite vulnerable to the giant Ant Lion trap (which Crocodile used on Luffy the first time he left him for dead); even with his Drownball skills, I don't see him getting out without offscreen teleportation. Swords also do nothing to Crocodile unless they are wet with water/blood; so assuming he's not one-shotted by getting swallowed by the ground, Fighter would have to bloody his swords by either hitting Luffy or BM first (or Sword-Chucking himself).

Edge: Crocodile. Sandstorm gets blocked, sword counterattack does nothing, open hole ftw.

Luffy vs BM: Hadoken could win the fight instantly, but a running gag is how often it misses (including missing an entire mountain iirc). Luffy's highly resistant to force, but assuming there's heat involved it's probably lethal. If it misses, the only other spells I recall BM casting are Fire/Ice/Lightning nukes ("spending a spell slot on Feather Fall is a slot not spent on apocalyptic doom!"). Fire could work if it hits (Gear Second). Ice was shown to work well when used by an Admiral (but that was pre gear-second). Lightning Luffy is immune to. Should be a fast battle; either Luffy gets fragged by a omg-it-actually-hit Hadoken, or the followup fire/ice; or he dodges everything (or ignores lightning) and Jet Pistols BM's face. (it would be hilarious if he Blue Mage'd this by the way; if it works like Sarda's intestine spell, I would expect BM's arm to rip off when cast!)

Edge: Dice rolls.

Crocodile vs BM: If Hadoken is pure force, Croc scatters, reforms, kills BM (or scatters, kills BM, reforms). If it has heat, it could in theory turn Croc to glass, a situtation that's never come up in One Piece but should be possible. Or it could miss. Fire and Lightning could similarly work; Ice could also theoretically form enough condensation to leave Croc vulnerable. Sand slice should have the range that he might get a shot off between the Hadoken and the followup though.

Edge: Dice, and physics (CatGirl--).

Total: Really comes down to if Hadoken hits or misses (and if it's just a shockwave or not; BM did save everyone from falling by cancelling their momentum with it, and nobody was melted). Croc can handle Fighter easily, and BM's pretty squishy if 2v1'd by opponents with speed/range. Rule of Funny probably beats Plot Armor though ><

I think One Piece would theoretically win the round, but get knocked out in the following rounds by more versatile opponents; Fighter's ability to win fights be being too stupid to know it's impossible would give him a way to win ANY fight in the following rounds, a skill that's quite valuable when a lot of matchups care about Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object power comparisons.
    Last edited by turbo164; 2011-12-02 at 12:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    Nice explanation
    You only missed the part where Fighter can create multiple beings of himself to the point of being on something like six different team simultaneously while one team consisted of himself four times over!
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    You only missed the part where Fighter can create multiple beings of himself to the point of being on something like six different team simultaneously while one team consisted of himself four times over!
    XD

There's also Medoken, Datacube, Gear Third, Desertification, and the fact that Thief probably snuck some fine print into the tournament rules and already has all the prize money and is charging the competitors for the air they are breathing... (don't think Nami can compete with that hehe).

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    XD

There's also Medoken, Datacube, Gear Third, Desertification, and the fact that Thief probably snuck some fine print into the tournament rules and already has all the prize money and is charging the competitors for the air they are breathing... (don't think Nami can compete with that hehe).
    Thief? Possibly. Except there are like a dozen other people who messed up his preparations....

I'm still with Fighter and BM on the fight. I like Luffy and Haki might actually change everything but... still.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Banned

Daemon

Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) vs Percy Jackson & Luke (Percy Jackson)
    Lucy & Hades (Fairy Tail) vs Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night))
    Beowulf & Basilisk (Fairytales and Folklore) vs 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto)
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
    Freddy Kruger & Jason Vorhees vs Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat)
    Edward Elric & Scar (Full Metal Alchemist) vs Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

How exactly do ed and scar beat the samuses? I love FMA and all, but they're up against incredibly skilled ranged fighters with some weird and hard-to-avoid attacks that will totally annihilate them upon hitting. I doubt they'd be able to get close enough to transmute the armour, and apart from that I can't imagine a way they could take the metroid team down. Scar's arm is close combat only too, IIRC. Besides, touching dark samus would probably melt your arm off anyway. I'd probably actually prefer to see FMA go through because they're pretty interesting, but I can't see them winning.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

Daemon

Results are in!

Gohan & Cooler (Dragonball) 100%
    Tie
    Tie
    Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) 100%
    4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) 66.6%
    Tie
    Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) 85.7%
    Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) 70%

Round 1- week 4 of 4
    Goliath & Demona (Gargoyles) vs Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man)
    Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs Morpheus & Agent Jones (Matrix)
    Domon Kasshu & Master Asia (Gundam) vs Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe)
    Dumbledore & Voldemort (Harry Potter) vs Apollo & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar)
    Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs Yoshi & Bowser (Mario)
    Hiro & Sylar (Heroes) vs Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima)
    Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle) vs Elrond & Smaug (Lord of the Rings)
    Link & Ganon (Legend of Zelda) vs Bugs Bunny & Tasmanian Devil (Looney Toons)

Tiebreakers
    Sora & Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) vs Rainbow Dash & Nightmare Moon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Votes due 11th December@ 9:00am. Please vote and debate

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Wow... that's a lot of ties... Though I guess most are justified/were to be expected to happen... Well, we'll see who make sit, I won't interfere.

Goliath & Demona (Gargoyles) vs Megaman & Protoman (Mega Man) - I think the cyborgs/robots have the edge on this one even though I can see it either way... of course Xanatos is pulling the strings from behind the scenes and Goliath's loss will be just what he wanted
    Godzilla & MechaGodzilla (Godzilla) vs Morpheus & Agent Jones (Matrix) - Wait, didn't we have MechaGodzilla vs Jones last tourney? I forgot how tit ended... And I'm not sure how things will turn out this time.
    Domon Kasshu & Master Asia (Gundam) vs Hulk & Magneto (Marvel Universe) - Of course I need to defend my entries! Two exceptional Martial Artists will curb stomp Magneto (who needs mobile suits?) and together should be able to defeat the Hulk as well. Somehow. Possibly by talking him into submission with their fists! (Yeah, I know, they will not win but I still like to give them at least this one vote. Or maybe I'm wrong and they will make it...)
    Dumbledore & Voldemort (Harry Potter) vs Apollo & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) - I don't know the latter, so... no vote.
    Seras Victoria & Alexander Anderson (Hellsing) vs Yoshi & Bowser (Mario) - Vampire and Vampire Hunter, all the way. Sorry, Yoshi and Bowser you you go nothing against police woman and the power of an immortal Catholic priest.
    Hiro & Sylar (Heroes) vs Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) - Hm... don't know MSN, but I'll say Hiro and Sylar is a pretty powerful pairing.
    Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle) vs Elrond & Smaug (Lord of the Rings) - ... Wow.... Good Fantasy against bad Fantasy, hu? I'd like to vote for LotR just out of spite but I know too little about Eragon to be fair.
    Link & Ganon (Legend of Zelda) vs Bugs Bunny & Tasmanian Devil (Looney Toons) - Why? To be honest: To remove the Toons. I don't like them, they rely on rule of funny far too much. (Said the guy who voted for BM and Fighter)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Pass.

Godzilla

Bullet dodging doesn't help to dodge a cloud of nuclear flame the size of a jumbo jet.

Marvel
    Mechas must meet their maker if matched against a mutant master of magnetism.

I'm sorry, but Soviet(Red Son) Superman did not get a place on the Mark Millar team? Way I count he was the only person to get more than a single vote.

Mark Millar wins. Apollo is Superman. Mister Rictus is the Joker, except with super gadgets. Apollo alone can have both wizards knocked out before they have even registered that the fight has started.

Hellsing.

If Yoshi is a dragon, and Bowser is GigaBowser, they still don't have much of a chance. The two Hellsing characters can essentially kite the battle, keeping away with their speed and blasting away at range with blessed bayonets and depleted uranium shells.

Hiro & Sylar (Heroes) vs Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima)
    Someone want to give some info on the Mahou people? Hiro and Sylar are both quite formidable.

Lord of the Rings

Eragon verse has some powerful magic available to its protagonist. I would bet though that the raw skill of Elrond makes him better. Smaug can probably beat both of the opponents too.

Cartooniverse characters are always a tricky proposition. But I think one thing is pretty clear: They are their best when humiliating somebody pompous and self important, and when taking large amounts of damage.

Big mean Ganon will be a prime target. But Link is quite humble and unpreposessing. I think the fighting style of the toons is not going to work against him. With that in mind then, I vote for Legend of Zelda

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Gargoyles never aired here.
    The G Gundam guys could defeat Magneto on foot, but they'd need their mechs to hit Hulk with enough force to put him down. And Magneto would destroy their mechs before they could do that.
    Don't know the Millar guys.
    Though Ganon would get humiliated along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Someone want to give some info on the Mahou people? Hiro and Sylar are both quite formidable.
    I'd say the Heroes characters are greatly outclassed.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispace...e+-+Jack+Rakan
    http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispace...+A.K.+McDowell

Their powers are skill-based so Sylar can't copy them, and Jack is unlikely to be harmed by anything short of a nuke. Plus Jack specialises in doing things that don't make sense, so he could probably break out of being frozen in time somehow. As for his attack strength...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrased
    I need to think of a finishing move for Negi. He's a lot weaker than me so I can't put much power into it. *charges up energy* Now I just need to think of a name...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=saVX9O8uqrE
    Evangeline could win in one move.
    EDIT: A copy of Evangeline several times weaker than the original

(note: The various anime adaptations of Negima are... odd - only one really shows the cast's combat abilities at all, and it's pretty compressed. Plus Eva has her power sealed for most of their plot.)
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-04 at 10:23 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Marvel
    Mechas must meet their maker if matched against a mutant master of magnetism.
    Aha,sir! But Domon and Asia are also excellent fighters without their Gundams! Magneto stands little chance. If anything it is up to whether their combined power is enough to beat the Hulk which, I will admit, is in question but they might do it since they don't rely on brute force.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

The G Gundam guys could defeat Magneto on foot, but they'd need their mechs to hit Hulk with enough force to put him down. And Magneto would destroy their mechs before they could do that.
    Go on then. How do they defeat Magneto on foot? Given that the X-Men can't defeat Magneto with any regularity, what do the Gundam guys have going for them?

I was actually under the impression that Gundam guys out of mechas were just skilled humans.

Don't know the Millar guys.
    Well I expect one of the two (My vote is for Mr Rictus) will be replaced with Soviet Superman shortly... but...

Mr. Rictus
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Rictus comes from the Wanted universe, a parody of superhero comics where the villains banded together and won. Secretly controlling society. Mr. Rictus is in charge of Australasia, but is secretly angling to take down the North American chapter for himself. Rictus himself is heavily styled after the Joker, with his cronies based on the Batman Rogues Gallery.

Rictus is a man devoid of a soul, willing to do anything in pursuit of his goals. A terrifying psychopath, with good combat skill and an array of powerful weapons and gadgets. Rictus was also a mastermind, and credited himself with the take down of the superheroes. None of this stopped his swift death when Wesley decided to take him down, and he was disposed of by a single bullet to the head.

TLDR: Skilled human with gadgets.

Apollo
    Spoiler
    Show

Apollo was created by a heinous super soldier program run by Bendix. He spent his first powered years working in a black ops team with his boyfriend Midnighter. When Stormwatch fell he ended up joining an elite organization of heroes called the Authority. Not content to simply watch and protect, but actively committed to improving the world. The Authority ended up clashing heavily with established governments and corporations, but also making a massive impact on the world.

Apollo was always the most powerful member of the Authority. He had immense solar based powers, being able to move at near light speed, withstand impossible amounts of damage and unleash incredible energy bursts. Apollo's only real weakness is that he can exhaust his energy reserves if left without sunlight for a long time.

TLDR: Incredible superhuman powers of speed, strength, flight and energy generation. Suffers exhaustion eventually without solar energy
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2011-12-04 at 05:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Go on then. How do they defeat Magneto on foot? Given that the X-Men can't defeat Magneto with any regularity, what do the Gundam guys have going for them?

I was actually under the impression that Gundam guys out of mechas were just skilled humans.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAizwLfZbUA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PHmobQLllo

Their Gundams don't really do much other than make them bigger - they have the same abilities outside them. (G Gundam... isn't the most typical Gundam series)
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-04 at 11:45 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Banned

Daemon

Red son Superman did not get two votes in one category. He got nominated twice, once as a hero and once as a villain. I picked Rictus over him because Superman is already DC universe. We already have a universe for that. I picked non-DC characters as priorities. Plus, if we had superman in this tourney, especially that superman, he would win it.

@Kato: It was MechaGodzilla vs Agent Smith in Royale 1. MechaGodzilla won.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post

Their Gundams don't really do much other than make them bigger - they have the same abilities outside them. (G Gundam... isn't the most typical Gundam series)
    Actually, Gundanium is completely non conductive, and is also universally magnetically neutral, it's also incredibly resistant to charge, and physical blows with it's only vulnerability being beam weapons, and even then it projects an "anti field" that distorts it's incoming trajectory.

Did I mention that it's also composed of many non ferrous, and non metallic components and thus not a true metal?

The mechs are also not detectable by traditional radar, so.
    Last edited by Fan; 2011-12-04 at 12:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Red son Superman did not get two votes in one category. He got nominated twice, once as a hero and once as a villain. I picked Rictus over him because Superman is already DC universe. We already have a universe for that. I picked non-DC characters as priorities. Plus, if we had superman in this tourney, especially that superman, he would win it.
    Oh come on.. because the character is morally ambiguous enough to serve as both a hero and a villain... he doesn't get to play in the tourney? He isn't really a hero *or* a villain, so he gets screwed over by the nomination system.
    I would have voted for him as a villain in preference to Green Goblin, because Red Son is probably the most interesting thing Millar has written. To kick him out in favour of a one note loser like Rictus is just crazy.

The idea that Superman is too powerful for this is also an odd one. I count at least a dozen characters at or above Superman's power level so far and we haven't even finished the first round yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan
    Actually, Gundanium is completely non conductive, and is also universally magnetically neutral, it's also incredibly resistant to charge, and physical blows with it's only vulnerability being beam weapons, and even then it projects an "anti field" that distorts it's incoming trajectory.
    Fan, I've seen you make these kind of statements countless times with sketchy justification. Please provide sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32
    Alright, that is considerably more powerful than I'd thought. I can legitimately see that kind of person defeating Magneto. Although I think they'd still find it tough.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

Daemon

Oh come on.. because the character is morally ambiguous enough to serve as both a hero and a villain... he doesn't get to play in the tourney? He isn't really a hero *or* a villain, so he gets screwed over by the nomination system.
    I would have voted for him as a villain in preference to Green Goblin, because Red Son is probably the most interesting thing Millar has written. To kick him out in favour of a one note loser like Rictus is just crazy.

The idea that Superman is too powerful for this is also an odd one. I count at least a dozen characters at or above Superman's power level so far and we haven't even finished the first round yet.
    Ah but are any of them the property of two universes? You have seen all 128 characters in this tourney. Every single one of them is the property of their own universe alone, with no others in this royale (except for the whole kingdom hearts thing which is a mix anyway). Superman is DC. Slapping a label of "Soviet" on him does not change his universe. As you can tell I've been busy lately. I haven't noticed the mistakes people made in nomination. If I had, I would have said "Superman is DC. He stays in DC.". When I put Mark Millar in there I thought it would be like Alan Moore. People would vote for characters from the Authority. Wanted. Kick Ass. Nemesis. And they did.
    If you can find a good counter argument to that, I'll put "Soviet" Superman in there (which gives Mark Millar a free pass, but that's how it is).

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah but are any of them the property of two universes?
    Three points then.

1. If you're really hard set on this policy, it might be wise to list it in the rules a little better, so people know their options a bit better. The nominations process is already fairly byzantine, having people wasting their votes is kind of bad. I know that I wasted my votes for Mark Millar and part of my votes for Alan Moore.

2. The comic books are the *biggest* categories out there. Both Marvel and DC have dozens of extremely well known superheroes, so only a bare fraction are going to be selected, generally the most well known and iconic heroes. I know I put my votes in for "Big Names" in the two comics sections. An elseworlds character like Red Son Superman is not going to be nominated. Ever. I liked the system where by throwing in a few big names comic creators into every tourney, there was something of a wildcard to throw in heroes who aren't going to be selected from the entire bundle of DC and Marvel, but nonetheless might be entertaining to debate over.

Red Son Superman is arguably Millar's most famous and most acclaimed work. If it can't be nominated under the category of Mark Millar, something is a little screwy.

I'd also like the opportunity to maybe vote for say.. Swamp Thing for Alan Moore or other characters who are technically DC, but won't be voted in under the main DC universe.

3. Under the current interpretation of the rules, any character tangentially related to DC or marvel can't be nominated. Apollo is kicked out, because the Wildstormverse is part of DC. Watchmen can't be nominated, because the Watchmenverse is part of DC. Characters like John Constantine, Dream, Supreme and others all fall under the umbrella of comics labels, despite essentially being self contained works. Superman is a DC character. Red Son Superman is more of a Mark Millar one.

Any of those arguments work?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=Sunken Valley;12321229]

Round 1- week 4 of 4
    Hiro & Sylar (Heroes) vs Jack Rakan & Evangeline A.K McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) These two are incredibly powerful and can take down entire battleships with ease.

T
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle) vs Elrond & Smaug (Lord of the Rings) - Both of the Riders have shown better magic than LoTR's more mystical kind and Smaug isn't going to be able to do anything against two dragons of comparable size.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

- Both of the Riders have shown better magic than LoTR's more mystical kind and Smaug isn't going to be able to do anything against two dragons of comparable size.
    The Eragon guys get their dragons? That seems rather untoward. I would agree that they win if that is the case.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post

Thanks for providing those. I almost forgot how awesome it was to watch these guys
    And yeah, G Gundam opposed to other shows is like the love child of Gurren Lagann and Dragonball. I have no doubt anymore they'd defeat the Hulk after stomping Magneto. Okay, not stomping but they'd win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    @Kato: It was MechaGodzilla vs Agent Smith in Royale 1. MechaGodzilla won.
    Ah, Jones. Jones... who's Jones again? One of the generics, right? I still think it's hard to judge the battle...

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post

Did I mention that it's also composed of many non ferrous, and non metallic components and thus not a true metal?

The mechs are also not detectable by traditional radar, so.
    Actually... I think you picked various stuff from different shows. e.g. Gundanium was only mentioned in Wing iirc, where it indeed was non magnetic and resilient to various attacks and had other properties. But different Gundams are built very different and G Gundam's are... well... I have no idea. But Domon and Asia don't need no Gundams! (Aw, I feel like a teenager again)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    And yeah, G Gundam opposed to other shows is like the love child of Gurren Lagann and Dragonball. I have no doubt anymore they'd defeat the Hulk after stomping Magneto. Okay, not stomping but they'd win.
    You know Magneto can take hits from Thor? His energy shield is *really* tough. While I can imagine them beating him, I really think they'd have a very tough time.

Hulk is just a pipe dream. Assuming this is a raged out Hulk; like World War Hulk or World Breaker, Hulk has planet busting strength and can tank blows that level cities with ease, and if he is hurt he has regeneration faster than Wolverine. Hulk is the strongest one there is. They can't even really use their speed to avoid his attacks, since he can create massive shockwaves hitting large areas.

I still think it's hard to judge the battle...
    Have you seen Godzilla's powers? Even if Jones gets in close, he has to be able to take massive pulses of radioactive energy. And he really has no way to injure either Godzilla due to their immense resilience.