New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Banned

Daemon

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Results are in!

Everyone Selrach voted for won tie breakers!

Megaman 80%
    Godzilla 100%
    Marvel 87.5%
    Hellsing 100%
    Negima 83.3%
    tie
    Zelda 100%

LOTR and Inheritance are tied. You have until 10:30 to vote. The first vote (even if you voted before) wins the tie. If no one votes by then, I choose.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hiro can't do that, unless he finds a convenient critical spot on a battleship. He can stab people as much as he wants, but he can't really do more than stab them.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

Daemon

Round 2 Week 1 of 2
    1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 32 Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle)
    3 Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre)
    5 Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach)
    7Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) vs 26 Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass)
    9 Link & Ganon (Legend of Zelda) vs 24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto)
    11 Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid)
    13 Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) vs 20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon)
    15 Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Sourceror (Discworld)

Votes due Sunday.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Well, its a much more even lineup we have this time.

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 32 Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle) This really is a unfair machup, the Swarmlord is one of the most brutal killing machines in the Warhammer 40k universe, and i really dont see how 2 humans can win against it, without access to its sole weakness, highpowered energy weapons.

I would hand this victory to Aizen, simply because i dont belive his opponents have any real defence against his total illusion power.

7Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) vs 26 Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass)
    Its a more brutal version of superman, i cant see how his opponents will even get a chance to react before they are dead.

I have trouble desiding on this one, if we are taking the most powerfull version of Ganon, then i guess he should have the Triforce, meaning he cant be harmed by any other weapon than the master sword and the silver arrows?

15 Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Sourceror (Discworld)

In this case i think victory would go to the Sourceror, who wieldet enough power to contain all the gods of the Discworld at one point.
    Though at the same time, im not sure if he isnt actualy to powerfull for this competition?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this is very similar to the last match against Eragon. A giant unstoppable monster, and a more skilled warrior. I thought the monster and the hero would have won that one, and I stand by my opinion. 40K

Smaug vs. Swarmlord would be a fun battle...

8 bit theatre. I think the Dalek is going to be overwhelmed. Jack is going to be at best a distraction.

Mister Rictus is such a loser... but he's going to get carried for yet another round. Millar

Pass.

Once again, the Digimon fighters are just operating on far too high a scale for the fighting game characters.

Um... Not sure yet.

Oooh. This one sounds fun. Magic vs. Supertech. Not sure yet who'd win... Need to hear some more about Dragon Age capabilities.

Wow. Uh... yeah. The Sourceror is just ridiculous. There are precious few characters in this tournament I would vote to beat Divis Mal, but the Sourceror is one of them. I would in fact say that the Sourceror is too strong...

Divis might be able to talk the Sourceror into abdicating from the tournament. He is canonically supernaturally charming, persuasive and intelligent and the Sourceror was ultimately defeated by persuasion in his Discworld appearances. But in a straight out fight, even the world shaking might of Divis Mal is nothing compared to a being that plays with reality like it was putty.

Divis Mal will probably be able to avoid actively being pulled apart by magic. His ability to manipulate his own quantum signature would prevent most reality manipulations from effecting him. But that can only go so far.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Banned

Daemon

Sourcerors too strong? Balls. Is Belshamaroth any better?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Sourcerors too strong? Balls. Is Belshamaroth any better?
    As far as I know, Bel-shamaraoth is a complete unknown quality. The only reference to him in the books is "The Young Mens Reformed Cultists of the Ichor God Belshamaroth Association". That is the entire extent of the character. He isn't a villain, or even a character. Unless I'm really missing something...

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 32 Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle) - Can someone provide some information on the Swarmlord, the only thing relevant I fond said it can parry things really well and has super strong energy sabers, but I don't thinki ts going to be able to parry magic.
    5 Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) - The servants are good, but they are mortal, Bleach is just too fast for them.
    Last edited by Istari; 2011-12-11 at 09:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

3 Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) - I think BM found his bestest friend ever. They will incinerate Fighter and Jack and go on to destroy the universe and live happily ever after ooor the 8BT crew Hadokens both into orbit.
    5 Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) - Popularity vote.
    7Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) vs 26 Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) - I know they'll lose but I still want no 100% wins if the Geass crew has the tiniest chance. Rolo can still freeze time and Charles is as far as we know immortal.
    9 Link & Ganon (Legend of Zelda) vs 24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) - U think both Piggy and Mr legendary hero are outmatched by the 4th alone.
    11 Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) - Samus has fought worse.
    13 Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) vs 20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) - Outclassed
    15 Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Sourceror (Discworld) - not sure but I'll it to the guy who can oretty much do whatever he imagines.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Can someone provide some information on the Swarmlord, the only thing relevant I fond said it can parry things really well and has super strong energy sabers, but I don't thinki ts going to be able to parry magic.
    Ursarkar E. Creed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursarkar Creed is the finest living general in the Imperium. Lord of Cadia, and in charge of defence of the greatest fortress world in the galaxy, Creed has thwarted the forces of Chaos at every turn. Creed is hundreds of years old, found by Cadian troopers in the aftermath of a chaos invasion. He spent most of his career running front line combat alongside his faithful attendant Jarran Kell. His innate brilliance allowed him to overcome even the rigid caste system of Cadia to ascend to the position of Lord Castellan.

Creed's tactical brilliance is second to none, his resolve and will is boundless and he has the highest honours that the Imperium can bestow. As a truly ancient and powerful individual, Creed is also incredibly skilled. Fighting with his matched masterwork hellpistols Creed has caused many an enemy of the Imperium to regret his skills. Creed wears a suit of custom made carapace armour complete with powerful refractor field.

TLDR: Incredible willpower, tactical brilliance, very skilled and experienced. Carries powerful laser pistols, force field, advanced body armour, grenades, scanning equipment. However, suffers from the limitation of being an elderly human in good shape.

The Swarmlord
    Spoiler
    Show

The hive tyrant genus is a breed apart from other strains of the Tyranid phenotype. Standing over 12' tall, covered in chitinous hide resistant to heavy ordnance and capable of ripping apart war machines with their raw strength, the true power of the Hive Tyrants actually resides in their mental capabilities. As a direct node of the Hive Mind, capabale of some degree of independent and creative action the Hive Tyrants direct the rest of the swarm, often manifesting powerful psychic abilities to help them.

The Swarmlord then, is above and beyond even the Hive Tyrants. He(or they) appear on the battlefields that give the Tyranids the most trouble, capable of incredible tactical brilliance and adaptation beyond anything that the Tyranids had previously achieved.

The Swarmlord is an impressive physical specimen, stronger and tougher than most Tyrants, and with incredible superhuman reactions that can parry almost any blow. It also has a number of powers. The Swarmlord is a potent psyker. It can rip the life force from its enemies to heal itself, and it can thrust the mind of its opponents into paroxysms of screaming agony. Its weapons are gigantic boneswords, wrapped in an aura of malevolent psychic force capable of ripping through admantium. Most remarkable of all the Swarmlord can cause tyranids around it to spontaneously evolve new and unseen mutations to deal with emergent threats. Perhaps the biggest danger of the Swarmlord though, is the raw animal cunning tempered with dark intelligence. The Swarmlord is a deceptively excellent genenral of the hivemind, and his presence has spelled the doom of billions.

TLDR: Gigantic monster covered in chitinous hide. Very intelligent and skilled. Powerful psychic attacks which can rip an enemy apart in mind, body and soul. Supremely fast.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Mostly because the FSN guys have no way to stop Aizen from hypnotising them (if this was the Berserker from Fate/Zero it would be another story). Saber might be able to sense where her opponents are or even negate the illusion with her Magic Resistance, and with Excalibur + Avalon she could kill them while avoiding their attacks, but I'm not sure if she could land a hit before she runs out of mana.
    This depends entirely on whether Charles can Geass Superman before he's killed by him.
    Ganon is vulnerable to being sealed. So yeah.
    Another curbstomp.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

13 Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) vs 20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) - pass. I know digimon will win, but can't bring myself to vote.
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-14 at 02:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

The sourceror isn't too strong IMO, he's just a very, very powerful wizard. He's certainly formidable, but I doubt he could, for example, planet bust, which some of the other participants could. He probably wouldn't survive some energy attacks either, and his probably human reaction speed means he can be blitz'd.

The only reference to him in the books is "The Young Mens Reformed Cultists of the Ichor God Belshamaroth Association".
    It's an eldritch horror that was in the colour of magic. The reason you can't say eight. I believe it was killed by a camera flash. :|
    Last edited by Top cat; 2011-12-11 at 05:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

The sourceror isn't too strong IMO, he's just a very, very powerful wizard. He's certainly formidable, but I doubt he could, for example, planet bust, which some of the other participants could. He probably wouldn't survive some energy attacks either, and his probably human reaction speed means he can be blitz'd.
    Divis Mal can do all that stuff. He's got incredibly powerful energy attacks, and is capable of creating an intense plasma cloud the size of a city. He is incredibly strong, capable of tanking and using blows which fissure the planet. He is incredibly fast, capable of warping time around himself and his opponents to complement his already massively superhuman reaction times. Divis Mal is a planet busting threat*, and one of the strongest people in the tournament.

But Coin... he just does anything he wants. The scene where he picks up the entire planet and shows it to the Wizards. Or the scene where he captures all of the gods. Or the scene where he creates his own new dimension. That all implies to me that he is a reality warper of fairly immense power. Divis Mal is a minor reality warper, with constraints which might give him some defence, but when your foe has no real limits defeat becomes inevitable.

It's an eldritch horror that was in the colour of magic. The reason you can't say eight. I believe it was killed by a camera flash. :|
    Ah. I thought they were nameless actually. It still doesn't strike me as the kind of contestant that's going to be much fun.

Could we just use Granny Weatherwax? Nobody really cares that much about the Discworld villains in comparison to the heroes. Do we really need to adhere so blindly to the hero/villain system? If we put in characters that barely get two paragraphs, and is beaten by a light bulb rather than put in popular, entertaining character who got multiple votes, then something is wrong.

*And if he goes up against Superman, Goku or someone else in that category, I'll elaborate further on where he is strongest and weakest. I don't think it's going to matter all that much for this fight though.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2011-12-12 at 05:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground

Round 2 Week 1 of 2
    Don't know enough.

It really depends. Jack is vulnerable to Fighter's Death by Idiocy, but Fighter at his strongest can cut anything that moves and kill anything that bleeds. Black Mage could probably just Hadoken everything though.

Unless the Dalek moves first. Then they both die.

Aizen is hacking the universe.

Time stopping with immortality usually wins.

Seal Ganon.

Samus can't really stand up against being turned to ice.

Digimon curbstomp.

/shrug

Dunno either of the materials that well.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-12-11 at 10:03 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 32 Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle) -- Yes! Squash the badly written Mary Sue and his sidekick! Also, I'd just like to say that Lord of the Rings should not lose to Inheritance. Ever.
    3 Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) -- Seems like 8 Bit Theatre runs on Rule of Funny, so the characters have whatever powers and power levels would be funniest. I'm voting against them for the same reasons I voted against Team Looney Toons.
    5 Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) -- pass
    7Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) vs 26 Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) -- Code Geass could take this with clever combined use of time freeze and mind alteration... but I doubt it would go that way. Any version of Superman is just too fast. Rictus can play in the corner with his toys. Again.
    9 Link & Ganon (Legend of Zelda) vs 24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) Sorry, Team Zelda. Those crazy ninjas have more insane powers than I can even count. Even if they need the Master Sword and silver arrows to hurt Ganon, they can always take out Link first, since he'll be carrying them...
    11 Morrigan & Flemeth (Dragon Age) vs 22 Samus & Dark Samus (Metroid) -- Anyone else want to see Samus and Dark Samus team up for real? I do.
    13 Sub Zero & Reptile (Mortal Kombat) vs 20 Alphamon & D-Reaper (Digimon) -- Stupid Digimon...
    15 Smiling Jack & Divis Mal (Whitewolf) vs 18 Cohen the Barbarian & Sourceror (Discworld) -- refusing to vote in protest. Coin the Sourceror is reality warper with no clear limit to his power. He's too powerful for this contest. If we leave him in he'll win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc
    Smaug vs. Swarmlord would be a fun battle...
    Yes. Yes, it would have been. This is why we can't have nice things, Eragon voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc
    Could we just use Granny Weatherwax? Nobody really cares that much about the Discworld villains in comparison to the heroes. Do we really need to adhere so blindly to the hero/villain system?
    I like the hero/villain gimmick, but I agree that we should make an exception for Discworld. All of Pratchett's villains are basically one-shot characters by design. It's hard to think of a decent bad guy. Let's pretend Granny Weatherwax is a villain and get her in there.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Round 2 Week 1 of 2
    1 Creed & Swarmlord (Warhammer 40k) vs 32 Eragon & Murtagh (Inheritance Cycle) No contest at all. They try to read the Swarmlord's mind and end up eating their own eyeballs.
    3 Jack Harkness & Dalek (Doctor Who) vs 30 Fighter & Black mage (8 bit theatre) It seems appropriate really.
    5 Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) Pass for now but what exactly are Aizen's illusion powers. I've been following the English dub. Does anyone who reads the manga/sub care to explain?

7Soviet Superman & Mister Rictus (Mark Millar) vs 26 Rolo & Charles Vi Britannia (Code Geass) Sorry but I don't think you can harm Superman.

9 Link & Ganon (Legend of Zelda) vs 24 4th Hokage & Orochimaru (Naruto) Popularity vote

The Sourceror isn't that bad. He is an incredibly powerful mage but apparently other mages could actually oppose him (the other wizard towers) Sure he trapped the gods in a bubble but the gods in Discworld are generally really weak. Plus he has a psychological weakspot the size of a moon.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

The Sourceror isn't that bad. He is an incredibly powerful mage but apparently other mages could actually oppose him (the other wizard towers) Sure he trapped the gods in a bubble but the gods in Discworld are generally really weak. Plus he has a psychological weakspot the size of a moon.
    Well, the main reason that the other mages had any chance of fighting back whatsoever were that the Hat could also use Sourcery, that allowed it to oppose Coin for a time.

But even then, it didnt look like Coin did much direct fighting, he removed the Gods so that the wizards had a clear playing field, and he empowered them beyond their wildest dreams, but after that he stepped back and allowed them to follow the nature of Discworld Magi.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Samus can't really stand up against being turned to ice.
    She gets turned to ice all the time. It usually does like, 10 damage.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    5 Saber & Berserker (Nasuverse (Fate/stay night)) vs 28 Ichigo & Aizen (Bleach) Pass for now but what exactly are Aizen's illusion powers. I've been following the English dub. Does anyone who reads the manga/sub care to explain?
    Anyone who sees him activate his sword, Kyoka Suigetsu, will have their five senses permanently under his control until he chooses to release them (unless they are touching the blade at the time). The illusions are sufficiently powerful that a highly perceptive medical expert was able to perform an autopsy on an illusory corpse and have only a feeling that "something is off somehow".

Saber would be resistant to this because of her Instinct ability, which gives her limited precognition and lets her fight things she can't detect. Her Magic Resistance could also cancel the illusion if it counts as a spell, though this is unlikely. If she uses Avalon before he uses Kyoka Suigetsu she would be immune, but she can't keep it up forever.

Berserker can only be affected by attacks of the highest level possible for an attacker of that class, but the illusion almost certainly fits. If he was given his sanity here (which is possible but never occured in canon) he could resist the illusion to a limited extent with his Bravery and Eye of the Mind abilities (which reduce the effects of mental influence and visual obstruction respectively).

(I mentioned Zero Berserker because he's immune to mind control and can take control of magic swords)
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-12 at 07:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Saber would be resistant to this because of her Instinct ability, which gives her limited precognition and lets her fight things she can't detect. Her Magic Resistance could also cancel the illusion if it counts as a spell, though this is unlikely. If she uses Avalon before he uses Kyoka Suigetsu she would be immune, but she can't keep it up forever.
    I am wondering though, will Sabers Instinct ability help her avoid ending up fighting Berserker instead of Aizen because due to his illusionary trolling power?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I am wondering though, will Sabers Instinct ability help her avoid ending up fighting Berserker instead of Aizen because due to his illusionary trolling power?
    Exactly. That's one of the biggest obstacles here. Saber at her peak can defeat Berserker easily, but her odds in a 3-on-1 fight are poor.

As I said though, sane!Berserker would be able to figure out what was happening, and after his first appearance Aizen turns into a moron who kills his own men and doesn't hypnotise people when he has the chance.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-12-12 at 06:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we getting a resolution on the Sourceror issue?

EDIT: And just to clarify where I stand, I would vote for the Sourceror to beat everybody else in this tournament. Probably simultaneously. While it's true that we never see him actively destroy a planet, we also never see him have any trouble doing anything at all, and accomplishing some incredible things. With his powerset being "Anything at all, with no limits", I think he's too strong. Certainly on the level of a Dr. Manhattan.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2011-12-13 at 05:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

His impressive feats include trapping the gods of the discworld (some weak-ass gods, mind), creating an alternate reality (already a high-level wizard spell, but done way, way better), creating some huge tower of pure magic, occasionally killing people with no difficulty. He probably outclasses all the mages we currently have, probably even that god from D&D, but I'd still peg him as losing to characters that can massively out-speed him, characters with weird resilience, characters that can stealthily take him out, and characters that are stronger in terms of pure, ridiculous power.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Coin walks around with powerful defensive magics in place. Outspeeding him isn't going to help. If we start him off utterly stripped of defensive magics, and leave him as a small human boy in the tournament, then yes I suppose Superspeedsters could take him out before he can think about destroying them utterly. Jack and Divis Mal could both potentially fill that role, having high levels of super speed. But it seems a little weird to have a character who can only be defeated by people who can kill him before he notices their presence.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Defensive magic isn't exactly foolproof in discworld. I doubt it'd stand up to unexpectedly powerful attacks, and I'm also reasonably sure that discworld magic can be dodged. He's certainly almost impossible to defeat in the context of the discworld. Having overwhelming power there, though, means little to nothing in the context of some of the universes we have. Taking examples from this round, a dalek coming across the sourceror would probably lose. But all the same I think a surprise shot from it would kill. If superman wasn't characteristically idiotic, he could superspeed up and knock coin's block off. Bleach characters might be able to slice his head off or overpower him with demon magic. The swarmlord could possibly sneak up and eviscerate him before he could attack. The magic might not stop samus' super missile. Personally, I'd say the sourceror would most likely win all of these, but it wouldn't by any means be a sure thing.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

I doubt it'd stand up to unexpectedly powerful attacks
    Immediately upon being born, Coin was hit repeatedly with lightning bolts. His instinctive magical defences, before learning anything about how to use his powers, managed to easily absorb them.

Powerful conventional attacks then, won't cause him any trouble. *Perhaps* a sufficiently powerful one would.. but we never see one that does. I would take the repeated failures of conventional attacks, to show that it is nearly impossible to harm him. We have no idea what it would take to defeat him.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Top cat View Post
    ... but I'd still peg him as losing to characters that can massively out-speed him, characters with weird resilience, characters that can stealthily take him out, and characters that are stronger in terms of pure, ridiculous power.
    Can you provide some examples? I'm with Selrahc on this. Coin can reshape reality with a thought. None of the teams I've seen so far has the slightest chance of taking him down in a straight fight. Teams Millar, Moore, DC, Marvel, Whitewolf, Naruto, Code Geass, Digimon and Bleach combined might be able to take him down. I doubt it, but it's possible. The Sourcer is just too powerful for this contest.

Besides, this is the first time I've heard of Divis Mal, but he sounds intriguing. I want to see Team Whitewolf in an interesting fight (against, say, one of the more powerful superhero teams). To see him go down in a curbstomp non-fight against an unlimited reality warper would be so disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576
    Jack is vulnerable to Fighter's Death by Idiocy, but Fighter at his strongest can cut anything that moves and kill anything that bleeds.
    Jack Harkness literally cannot be killed permanently. He will quickly recover from any death that leaves his body largely intact. Even if his body is blown to bits, it will reform. Of course, in that case he would lose the match, since his recovery time would be several hours (not to mention extremely painful).

To beat him in this tournament, his opponent should focus on either a less-than-lethal containment strategy (knock him out or capture him somehow), or swing to the other extreme and complete destroy his body (massive explosion, disintegration, etc). Standard attacks like shooting, slashing, stabbing or anything else that kills but leaves a body won't do it. Ditto for any kind of life- or soul-draining techniques.
    Thanks to lindorm for the cat avatar!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Besides, this is the first time I've heard of Divis Mal, but he sounds intriguing. I want to see Team Whitewolf in an interesting fight (against, say, one of the more powerful superhero teams). To see him go down in a curbstomp non-fight against an unlimited reality warper would be so disappointing.
    On the other hand, it sounds like Coin is one of the few entities here that can get rid of him.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Immediately upon being born, Coin was hit repeatedly with lightning bolts. His instinctive magical defences, before learning anything about how to use his powers, managed to easily absorb them.
    If this is the case, he is clearly far too powerful for this competition. Especially if we don't have any known limits on said protections.