Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 990 of 1473

Thread: Machines of War

  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM and Jaster
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ditto

  2. - Top - End - #962
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I wait until midnight then head back to RR HQ. I go the the window where I can see Keiji and Jaster. I look for guards that might be watching/awake/or otherwise see what I am about to do.

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[23]

    If no guards are on duty that can see what I about to do then I take a couple of pebbles and throw them at Keiji and Jaster alternatively until I get one of their attention. Once I get their attention I wave at them, then point at them, then using my thumb point towards outside, then give them the thumbs up. (I am trying to tell them that I'm going to bust them out.)

    If there is someone there who may spot me, then I simply go to the back door of the barracks and pick the lock with my Masterwork Thieves Tools. I then open the door a little bit and peer inside looking for people who might see me sneak in.

    Move Silently
    (1d20+11)[15]

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[28]

    Hide
    (1d20+11)[12]

  3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Keiji and Jaster are awakened in the middle of the night by someone throwing pebbles through their window. They see it is Curf, who gestures with his thumbs towards the outside.

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know play by post games are slow, and as much as it would be nice to speed this along, we have to give your compadres a chance to react to your gestures.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #964
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Keiji looks at Jaster and whispers "So whats the plan now?"

  5. - Top - End - #965
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    "The plan is I am going to sneak through the backdoor of the barracks and make my way to you guys. I'm going through the back door because the front door is likely guarded, the back door won't be because they figure going through the back door would be suicide, for the obvious reason that there are many sleeping people in one room. So I'm going through the back door, because it is the only one with the slightest chance of success.

    Then hopefully we find some way out of here with our necks intact."

  6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    In a whisper: "Curf, make sure you can snag the key. Now we see if Curf makes it here. If he gets caught, we wait until morning and when/if they open our cells we fight our way out."

  7. - Top - End - #967
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Whilst whispering, "do you know where the key is?"

  8. - Top - End - #968
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    No clue. Trevor, the rat man might have it. Either that or you will have to pick the lock or burn through the bars, unless you can figure out a way to cut them quietly.

  9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    "Okay, I'll just pick the lock in that case. See you guys soon." I stalk off toward the backdoor to the barracks.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Using my Masterwork Thieves Tools, I pick the back door. I open the door a crack to peer inside and see if there is anyone who might see me come in.

    If not I make my way through the barracks and on towards the cells, whilst looking out for people who might see me.

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[14]

    Hide
    (1d20+11)[24]

    Move Silently
    (1d20+11)[14]

  10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    there are four men play cards just inside the door.(1d20-2)[7](1d20-2)[0](1d20-2)[17](1d20-2)[-1]


    Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you are mucking about getting your tools and fiddling with the lock, you hear grumbling on the other side of the door, chairs scraping against the floor, and then rough shuffling.
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-06-20 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #971
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I back away from the door and hide behind an adjacent corner. I wait for the sounds to stop, then wait an hour. I then pull out the tools I need for the job, and attempt my previous plan again.

    Move Silently
    (1d20+11)[16]

    Hide
    (1d20+11)[23]

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[29]

  12. - Top - End - #972
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Forgot listen check.

    Listen
    (1d20+5)[18]

  13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are definitely men still awake. It sounds as if they're playing a card game and talking quietly, but you can't make out the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #974
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I got to the window that looks into the holding cells where Jaster and Keiji are then go to the first window to the left of the Jail cell window.

    I grease the hinges, then open them slightly and peer in.

    If all is in my favor I open and go through the window. Then make my way to the Jail cells.

    Move Silently
    (1d20+11)[17]

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[14]

  15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you make an escape artist check of 15, you find yourself in the front room of the establishment. To your left is the door out to the street, in front of you is a desk, and then there is a doorway behind the desk that leads to the barracks, offices, and the holding cells.
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-06-22 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #976
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Escape Artist
    (1d20+8)[14]

  17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're having some trouble with the window, it's a little high off the ground and fairly small.
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-06-23 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #978
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I try again

    Escape Artist
    (1d20+8)[18]

  19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, you're through the window, and it doesn't sound like anyone heard you. read the spoiler I left you earlier.


    @Keiji/Jaster
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear Curf fumble his way through a window not far from your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #980
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM and Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait for something else to happen. If that is the only sound made, then continue to wait. To Keiji in a whisper: "Curf might need some cover. If there are other noises then we might need to start arguing loudly to give him some time to hide, or at least mislead Red raven as to what is going on.

  21. - Top - End - #981
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM and Jaster
    Spoiler
    Show
    Replying in whisper, "That sounds like it might work, but it might draw attention here, which may be undesirable. 'Tis better than a friend falling in danger though."

  22. - Top - End - #982
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM and Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    Better that we get them in here and a little angry than to have no one on the outside. Curf is our wildcard. We want to keep him out there.

  23. - Top - End - #983
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I make my way to the holding cells where Jaster and Keiji are.

  24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    The door to the holding cells is locked. Make an open lock check.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #985
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Open Lock
    (1d20+6)[11]

  26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    You can't make the pins line up, it isn't opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #987
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I try again

    Open Lock
    (1d20+6)[22]

  28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    The lock clicks, and you're in. Jaster and Keiji are still in their cell, and their gear is in a trunk by the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #989
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I look around for the key to their cell.

    If I don't find the key then I pick the lock.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[14]

    Open Lock
    (1d20+6)[10]

  30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    The key is nowhere in sight, and the lock is even more difficult than the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •