Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1473

Thread: Machines of War

  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Why don't we just take them, leave, read them later, and burn them.

  2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Lets take the documents, we can decide whether to burn them later, or maybe use them for blackmail. I want to search the desk and then we can leave. Maybe start a fire on the outside of this wall once we are outside.

    Search
    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[4]

  3. - Top - End - #1023
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Keiji whispers, "I can offer space in my bag to that end. It is enchanted so as to be larger on the inside."
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Keiji, from the hallway you see the door to the officer's bunkroom opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #1025
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Keiji whispers frantically, "I think someone is coming, we should grab the files and run."
    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Out steps a tall, well muscled man with long sideburns and a large chin. His long hair is tied back in a ponytail, but it is greasy and matted nonetheless. Scars crisscross his bare chest In one hand wields a massive sword, and in the other a pair of nunchaku.

    Roll initiative.
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-07-05 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Initiative
    (1d20+4)[14]
    and draw my weapons

  8. - Top - End - #1028
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I draw my short bow, ready an arrow, then take the needed time to aim for the head.

    Initiate
    (1d20+4)[23]

  9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+3)[20]


    Still need one more initiative roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #1030
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    initiative (1d20+3)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Initiative order:

    Curf
    Scruff
    Jaster
    Keiji

    Scruff is still out in the hall, so Jaster and Curf don't have a clear line of sight, and the open door is partially blocking the hallway.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #1032
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I step out into behind and to left of Kieji, so that I can have a clear line of sight to Scruff. I take the needed time to aim for Scruff's head with my bow.

  13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Are you going to shoot?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #1034
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    How long would I have to fire an accurate shot for a persons head?

    Cause that is how long I would want to wait before shooting at Scuff's head.

  15. - Top - End - #1035
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Screw the precise shot crap, flank Scruff on the other side Keiji and use it for sneak attacks on my turn.
    (1d20+7)[13]
    [roll]1d6+1d6+2d6+1[/roll]
    (1d20+7)[16]
    [roll]1d6+2d6[/roll]

  16. - Top - End - #1036
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    damage rolls again
    (1d6+1)[7] + (1d6)[4] + (2d6)[6]
    second weapon
    (1d6)[5] + (2d6)[6]

  17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I am not aware of anything other than a coup 'de grace that gives an attack bonus for taking extra time to line up a good shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    After Curf's arrow flies, Scruff unleashes some fury on his closest opponent, Keiji
    Sword slash (1d20+11)[16] (1d10+7)[10]
    Sword slash (1d20+6)[20] (1d10+7)[13]
    Nunchaku (1d20+9)[20] (1d6+3)[6].

    After joining the fray, Jaster jabs the unarmored enemy in the chest, drawing blood.
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-07-10 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #1039
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Sorry was unaware of that lining up shots don't do anything.

    I flank Scruff attack with Sickle + Sneak attack
    (1d20+6)[20]

    Damage

    Sickle:
    (1d6)[6]

    Sneak Attack
    (2d6)[7]

  20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    You should have considerably more than 22 HP. Did I forget to mention to take your full dice of hp at each level?


    As Curf skirts his foe, Scruff reflexively takes a backhand stab. (1d20+13)[22], (1d10+7)[8].

    The sickle wound becomes a fountain, as it clearly has severed an artery.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #1041
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Whenever we get back to my turn, unless Scruff offers to surrender. Keiji has yet to attack or anything.
    (1d20+7)[19]
    (1d6+1)[3] + (1d6)[5] + (2d6)[8]
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d6)[4] + (2d6)[3]

  22. - Top - End - #1042
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Keiji drops his bag to the ground and says, "Use the bag!"
    He then grapples the large man.

    Grappling
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1) No attack of opportunity since I have improved grapple.
    (2) Melee touch attack (1d20+7)[22]
    (3) Opposed grapple check (1d20+11)[21]
    (4) Damage if successful (1d8+1)[7]

    I applied weapon finesse to my unarmed attack rolls. If this does not apply for grappling, subtract 2 from the melee touch attack and/or grapple check (clearly, I think it does count).

    Here is the SRD link for grappling for your convenience.
    Last edited by Manwhoisthisman; 2012-07-10 at 09:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Opposed grapple check for Scruff (1d20+11)[26]. He ducks out of your attempted stranglehold.
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-07-11 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #1044
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I don't know what you want me to do with the bag.

    I attack Scruff with my sickle.
    (1d20+6)[25]

    Damage
    (1d6)[5]
    Sneak Attack
    (2d6)[7]

  25. - Top - End - #1045
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Wait for scruff and then use my last attack rolls. Ask Keiji how to use the bag.

  26. - Top - End - #1046
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Keiji replies in Elvish, "I hope your Elven ears aren't useless. Take the bag and get the files. We'll probably have the rest of the barracks on us before this fight is over, and it would be nice to not be empty-handed if we need to flee."
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Curf's sickle adds another laceration to his chest.

    Attempting to rid himself of the flanker, Scruff turns to Curf, while screaming "Look alive you maggots! We've got trouble!"

    (1d20+11)[13], (1d10+7)[14]
    (1d20+6)[23], (1d10+7)[12]
    (1d20+9)[20], (1d6+3)[7]


    Jaster's flaming sword takes a large chuck of flesh from Scruff's thigh before he can say anything more, but you can hear men in the barracks yelling and rushing for weapons.

    DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    52 damage, 84 HP = 32/84. Scruff sees the danger, and calls for backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Curf's sickle adds another laceration to his chest.

    Attempting to rid himself of the flanker, Scruff turns to Curf, while screaming "Look alive you maggots! We've got trouble!"

    (1d20+11)[13], (1d10+7)[17]
    (1d20+6)[24], (1d10+7)[9]
    (1d20+9)[28], (1d6+3)[4]


    Jaster's flaming sword takes a large chuck of flesh from Scruff's thigh before he can say anything more, but you can hear men in the barracks yelling and rushing for weapons.

    Also, Curf should make a spot check.

    DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    52 damage, 84 HP = 32/84. Scruff sees the danger, and calls for backup.

    And Trevor is hiding in the room with a crossbow. hide - (1d20+5)[15].
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #1049
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Seeing he no longer holds the attention, Keiji tumbles ((1d20+12)[29]) to safely pick up the bag and move into the room with the files. Start grabbing files to put into the bag and briefly check to see if the room has any windows.
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #1050
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[15]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •