Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1473

Thread: Machines of War

  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    "Let's leave through the window in the main lobby."

  2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    In the dim light of the office, you can see faint moonlight streaming in through a small window, but it looks like it has bars over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I meant the window that I used to break into the place.

  4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Is Scruff out of the fight yet? If so, search Scruff (1d20+3)[4] , then help Keiji and start getting an alchemists fire and crazy smoke stick out to make an easy exit. If not, attack again.

  5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Scruff is far from out of the fight. Curf still has some actions left. Oh, and he doesn't notice anything from his spot check.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Well then attack again. Good thing too, as I couldn't have found Scruff with a search check like that.
    (1d20+7)[16]
    (1d6+1)[3] + (1d6)[4] + (2d6)[4]
    (1d20+7)[12]
    (1d6)[5] + (2d6)[3]

  7. - Top - End - #1057
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I look again

    Spot
    (1d20+9)[28]

  8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    This takes place after Curf "looks" but before Jaster attacks.

    Curf the character doesn't know that there is even anything to look for. Thus, he cannot "look again."

    Something comes out of the dark bunkroom with a twang and a pfut. It's aimed right at Curf. (1d20+5)[6]. (1d10)[6]+(3d6)[8].

    Just after that, the door to the bunkroom bursts open, and surly men in various stages of undress (one completely nude) but armed to the teeth start filling the hallway.

    "What boss? Couldn't handle a few burglars yerself?"

    Kill 'em all Scruff responds as he takes a parting swing at Curf. (1d20+13)[21], (1d10+7)[16].

    He then moves back to the bunkroom doorway, a more defensible position.

    Seizing the opportunity, Jaster's flaming sword cuts and cauterizes a large stripe down Scruffs back.

    The guards, obviously not used to seeing Scruff retreat, hesitate.

    Jaster, you're up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #1059
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    So what is my health at?

  10. - Top - End - #1060
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I imagine I should spoiler post this since I'm in a different room ish. I take another couple of move actions to grab a potion and consume it. [roll] 1d8+1[/roll]
    I'd also like to take out my ioun stone light and release it, then check if I have all the records in the room.
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #1061
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like a roll fail. Trying again: (1d8+1)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have maybe half the records. It will take another round to get them all in your bag.


    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    If your AC is higher than 6 the crossbow bolt missed you. To find your current hit points, take your total hit points and subtract the damage you have received
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #1063
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    "Curf. we need to flank them."
    Attack the nearest one.
    (1d20+5)[20]
    damage rolls are based on all humans. Forgot my favored enemy is human.
    (1d6)[4] + (1d6+3)[4]
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d6+2)[5]

  14. - Top - End - #1064
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I use my Uncanny Dodge for Scruffs attack.

    Reflex
    (1d20+8)[9]

  15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your uncanny dodge applies without needing to roll. In normal attacks, what is important is whether his attack roll is equal to or greater than your AC. You might lose you dexterity bonus to AC if your character was unaware of the attacker, as in the case of the recent crossbow attack, but your uncanny dodge applied without your needing to roll. You cannot roll anything to avoid Scruff's attack because a normal melee attack does not have any associated save.


    Jaster's blades serve up diced mercenary in the kitchen, but there are at least a dozen more. Two attack Jaster, while the others crowd in behind.

    (1d20+4)[16], (1d8+2)[10]
    (1d20+4)[23], (1d6+2)[4]

    Curf, you're up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #1066
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I use my potion of cure light wounds.

    (1d8)[8]

  17. - Top - End - #1067
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    "Keep close to the door to keep them from coming in fast."
    Next order up.
    (1d20+5)[25]
    (1d6)[3] + (1d6+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[13]
    (1d6+3)[6]

  18. - Top - End - #1068
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Rolling for critical damage.
    (1d20+5)[14]
    (1d6)[3] + (1d6+3)[8]

  19. - Top - End - #1069
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I finish stowing the records.
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Curf's swig leaves him refreshed, while Jaster's fiery blade lays another unarmored lowlife lower.

    Now the mercenary horde is trying to surround Jaster (provoking an AoO).

    Others fill in behind, surrounding him with daggers, clubs, and swords.

    (1d20+3)[17] (1d4+2)[3].
    (1d20+4)[6] (1d6+2)[4].
    (1d20+5)[19] (1d8+3)[11].
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #1071
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I flank the enemies near Jaster.

    (1d20+6)[22]

    Damage
    (1d6)[6]
    Sneak Attack
    (2d6)[4]

  22. - Top - End - #1072
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    AoO
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d6)[5] + (1d6+3)[7]
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d6+3)[8]
    Attack the one that just hit me, if he is still up.
    (1d20+5)[18]
    (1d6)[2] + (1d6+3)[8] + (2d6)[9] ?
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d6+3)[8] + (2d6)[5] ?

  23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Your AoO misses (you only get to apply your regular attack on AoO), but the flank takes him down. Jaster lays out the big guy with a few deft strokes.

    A short, scarred, muscle bound thug steps up. Curf would recognize him as Clay. Displaying a snaggle tooth grin, he steps up to Jaster and swings an enormous blade. (1d20+9)[13], (2d6+7)[14].

    The other merc keeps swinging too.
    (1d20+4)[13]. (1d6+2)[8]

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    lvl 4 fighter (Clay) HP:(4d10+8)[40], AC: 14 (+3 dex, +1 nat), +9, greatsword +1, 2d6+7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #1074
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I finish putting the records in my bag, I drink another potion (1d8+1)[8] and look around the room to see if there is anything else that would fit into my pack. search roll? (1d20+1)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #1075
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    I flank Clay.

    (1d20+6)[20]

    Damage
    (1d6)[5]
    Sneak Attack
    (2d6)[4]

  26. - Top - End - #1076
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    Attack Clay. Hoorah for flanking.
    (1d20+7)[27]
    (1d6)[5] + (1d6+3)[9] + (2d6)[10]
    (1d20+7)[13]
    (1d6+3)[5] + (2d6)[6]

  27. - Top - End - #1077
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    rolling for another critical threat
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d6)[3] + (1d6+3)[7] + (2d6)[4]

  28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you glance around (spot, and if we use your last dice roll, that's 25) you notice a chest behind the desk, about 18 inches long, twelve wide, and twelve high.


    Clay is battered but still standing. He presses the attack on Jaster. (1d20+9)[14], (2d6+7)[13]

    In flanking Clay, Curf exposes himself to more attackers, who take advantage by surrounding him.

    (1d20+6)[16], (1d8+2)[4]
    (1d20+5)[14], (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d20+7)[25], (1d10+5)[14]

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clay is at 7/40. The merc with the bastard sword is lvl 3 and has a shield (AC 15) and is a barbarian with 27 HP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #1079
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I attempt to open the chest cautiously with my foot rather briefly. If it seems to be locked, I'll try to pick it up to heft it and see how much it weighs.
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #1080
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    When it is my turn.

    I back away behind Jaster. And take a Potion of Cure Light Wounds.

    (1d8)[5]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •