Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473

Thread: Machines of War

  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the +1 from tumble, the sickle narrowly misses. I'll swing at the sickle wielder. (1d20+3)[4](1d8+1)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show

    Your swing pummels a handful of air, while the men swing their weapons hopefully.
    sickle attack - (1d20+2)[18], (1d6+2)[4]
    shovel attack - (1d20-3)[4], (1d6+1)[5]
    pick attack - (1d20-1)[17], (1d8+3)[6]


    @Jaster/Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    #5 Swan Creek turns out to be a large house, well built and immaculately maintained. As with most of the houses in this district, there is no front yard to speak of, just an iron gate, some stone steps flanked by stone lions, and and a large front door with a brass knocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM/Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    We need to see if this is the manor. One of us should knock on the door and see if Fritz or the prince answers the door. I nominate Curf, as he would recognize either of them. If it is, have him give them the following note. If it isn't, I am sure he can think of a decent story, like arrow or muscle salesman. Or he could be looking for them to give them the note, but probably the muscle or hunter salesman.Seal the note and don't have Curf read it unless he really wants to beforehand. We should also give a similar warning to the palace guard, but make it in such a ridiculous way they don't take it seriously until after the assassination. we also need to get ahold of Kieji and see what he got away with.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have reason to believe that Argough will try to have Prince Belmont killed.
    -JEHOD

  4. - Top - End - #1264
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack mr sickle man (1d20+3)[20],(1d8+1)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #1265
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM/Jaster
    Spoiler
    Show

    I give a note to Jaster to pass on to my brother. I tell Jaster, "If I die you can find my brother in Bushton." He can look at it if he so desires.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Dei adam rar vened indi behs dem athy flo orok wjas hoter chwo ucksh lesips ia sand roran gueger. gom ldy bc ean ifo nund rut inshe ifiwh rstere jasm teret. symt bolhe lot oko oi urs crfam estily.

    I then take Jaster's note and walk up to the Gate and ask for Fritz.
    Last edited by curf06; 2012-10-09 at 11:15 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show


    You dodge and weave away from their every blow. Your jab catches him on the chin, spinning him around, but he isn't out of the fight yet.

    sickle attack - (1d20+2)[13], (1d6+2)[4]
    shovel attack - (1d20-3)[-1], (1d6+1)[3]
    pick attack - (1d20-1)[12], (1d8+3)[9]


    @Jaster/Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    A guard steps out from a hidden recess behind the gate. Tall, with polished scale armor and a coat of arms on his shield, he certainly looks official.

    Make a bluff check to convince the guard that you know Fritz.


    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    sense motive - (1d20-1)[6]. The guard is a little dim.


    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    You never filled out languages on your character sheet. In what language is your note written?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #1267
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    The note is written in code. Just in case someone other than Jaster should get a hold of it.


    DM/Jaster
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+8)[15]

  8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Jaster/Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right sir. Very good. He motions you up the steps, lifts the large knocker, and lets it fall with a resounding thud. A small hidden panel slides to one side, and a pair of eyes peers out. This gentleman to see Sir von Turlenheim. The panel slides closed and the door swings open. As Curf enters, the guard returns to his post.

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first room is a small antechamber, where you are asked to sit and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #1269
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I sit down where indicated inside of the antechamber.

  10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Study the house in greater detail from the front. Windows, guard spaces, anything for possible later infiltration.

  11. - Top - End - #1271
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    more violence: (1d20+3)[16](1d8+1)[5]
    If strategy doesn't change for these guys at all, lets save a little time:
    Spoiler
    Show

    When the guy with the sickle drops, I'll take a turn off and ask if they still wish to pursue this madness. If not, let the pummeling continue.
    1. (1d20+3)[13](1d8+1)[5]
    2. (1d20+3)[14](1d8+1)[5]
    3. (1d20+3)[10](1d8+1)[4]
    4. (1d20+3)[21](1d8+1)[2]
    5. (1d20+3)[9](1d8+1)[8]
    6. (1d20+3)[5](1d8+1)[4]
    7. (1d20+3)[13](1d8+1)[5]
    8. (1d20+3)[15](1d8+1)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    You catch sickle man with a solid punch in the throat and he folds over. The others, seeing they haven't even scratched you, are ready to surrender. They drop their weapons and choke down their rage.


    @Jaster
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a large house, with subtle defenses. There are ornate but functional bars across the windows, and is built of stone.

    Make a knowledge(architecture) check to learn more.

    15 or better
    Spoiler
    Show
    The decorative crenelations on the roof are actually functional: there are probably archers on the roof. In addition to the guard hidden behind the gate, there are murder holes above the doorway. Arrow slits are cleverly disguised in the facade.

    20 or better
    Spoiler
    Show
    A rectangular depression in the dirt projecting from one side of the house indicates a hole was once dug there.



    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show

    After a few minutes, a thin man glides into the room. His nose is broken in two places, and his hands are calloused from many hours of swordplay. Well, who are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #1273
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll go ahead and check to see if either Clayton or his sickle wielding son are still alive. If either of them are, I'll attempt to stabilize them, starting with the son.(1d20+2)[22](1d20+2)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge architecture (1d20+1)[16]

  15. - Top - End - #1275
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    "I am a messenger, I was charged with delivering a note to one called Fritz."

  16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like a death trap if I get caught outside. This is definitely the right place. A one man assault is almost absolutely out of the question, and ex-filtration would be a death sentence if it was under attack.

  17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both men's hearts are beating, but only weakly. You manage to prevent the son from going into shock and fading away, but Clayton's life ebbs away beneath your hands.


    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am Sir von Turlenheim. He takes the note and reads it twice. Who, pray tell, is Jehod?
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-10-12 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #1278
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    "I am simply the messenger. I do not know who JEHOD is, but my associate will know."

  19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    You will bring me to this Jehod.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #1280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    "I will talk to my associate and have them arrange a meeting for you with JEHOD."

    If Fritz doesn't have anything else that could potentially keep me there, I walk out the building and find Jaster.

  21. - Top - End - #1281
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    After checking the bodies and stabilizing the son, he stands and looks at the two sons still standing. "Now, are you as remorseless about your actions as was your father? Will you feel no error in your choice?"
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, 't warn't right to kill 'em. I told pa he warn't certain it was even him... He is about to say more, but is cut off by his brother.

    Silence fool. To you, Now you clear out, hear?


    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    You'll take me to him right now, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #1283
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show

    "I can not take you to JEHOD, as I don't know who he is or where he is. All I can do and am allowed to do is talk with my associate who will then arrange a meet. As I have said before I am simply the messenger."

  24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then you'll take me to your associate.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #1285
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Directing his attention toward the sibling giving the order of silence, "You're as stubborn as your pa. But I've heard enough to know of your guilt. Tell me, what happens after I clear out?"
    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's about to answer when you hear a chorus of orc battle cries from the woods nearby. An arrow whizzes through the air and buries itself in the mound of earth dug out of the well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #1287
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    curf06's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show


    "Very well. I will take you to my associate."


  28. - Top - End - #1288
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Manwhoisthisman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Take your brother and get the three of you into the well! Hopefully I'll be sufficient distraction to leave you rather unnoticed." With that, turn and head (not at running speed, but normal monk speed at a double move), while maintaining defenses, in the direction of the orc battle cries.
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    madtinker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Machines of War

    @Keiji
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three orcs armed with swords rush out of the undergrowth. Behind you, the brothers scramble to pick up their weapons, apparently not heeding your order. The orcs charge you first.
    (1d20+6)[26], (1d8+2)[5]
    (1d20+7)[22], (1d8+3)[11]
    (1d20+6)[22], (1d8+2)[7]


    @Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Turlenheim takes a moment to get his coat, then accompanies you out onto the street.


    @Curf/Jaster
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see Curf exit the house and proceed towards you, accompanied by a thin man with a crooked nose. By his dress and manner this could only be Fritz.


    All:We have gone too long without an xp award. 1500 to Keiji and Curf, 1200 to Jaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INWranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Machines of War

    DM/Curf
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait for them to reach Jasters position. So far he has suspicion, not proof. He needs to see what Kieji got and then maybe look for proof at Argoughs estate. The assassination of the Prince can wait for at least two weeks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •