New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fairy Tail in the Playground [FTITP]

What is Fairy TailitP anyway?

Fairy TailitP is a FFRP universe which is heavily influenced (read: alternate version of the universe of) by the Japanese manga/anime Fairy Tail

Okay, but how is it different from, say, the Town or ACRONYM?

It differs in several important ways.
    First, it is a lot more uniform that the Town and ACRONYM. Fairy TailitP has Mages of varying powers and styles. One can play a Kitty if they wish however though only the Exceed race.
    Second, the plot of Fairy TailitP is going to be more directed. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are mostly organized. As such, most plots and stuff will be interwoven into one big plot. Or at least that's the intention.
    Third, Fairy TailitP is NOT in any way connected to the Town, at least not in the way ACRONYM is. i.e. you cannot have a character travel between the two. If you want a character in Fairy TailitP, it is for Fairy TailitP. You can have a version of the same character for both ACRO/Town and Fairy TailitP, but they are different characters.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.
    To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.
    With that in mind, make a post and begin!

There are rules, right?

Yes, there are.
    Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.
    Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than ACRO or the Town. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
    Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
    Fourth, have fun!

What the hell is going on?

This game takes place in the World of Fairy Tail, set within the Guild as a whole at least to start. There was a Dark Mage Zeref though he is well and truly dead, slain by a collective of the many guilds that rose up against him in the Magic War. The Dragons have disappeared for unknown reasons from the world in recent times as well.

-Every Guild other than Fairy Tale does not exist from the canon series. All others will be player made.
    -Lost Magic is accepted in a case by case basis, Time Magic will not be excepted at all. Dragon Magic, while counting as Lost Magic, is not under this ban. Death Magic is also right out.
    -This is alternate universe, the canon characters do NOT exist.

Anything else can be determined as the game goes on and will be added to that summary as it becomes relavent.

Rules v.1.0
    These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

1. Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
      Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    2. TALK major fights over with your opponent!
      This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
    3. Don't argue in the OOC!
      They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

After talking to another player, the issue with most of the Animeitp games come from to many players in to many places which causes the plot to go stale and slow and people drop. So to start there will be one Dark Guild and Fairy Tail. If we pick up more players and the plot moves fairly quickly other Guilds can come in as they want but we'll discuss that if and when it happens.

Other than that, enjoy and hope to see some cool characters!
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-07 at 10:36 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail in the Playground [FTITP]

Needless to say, I'll issue the first character

Name: Ginko the Hydra
    Height: 5' 9'
    Weight: 160
    Blood Type: AB
    Magic: Poison Dragon Slayer, Black Raven
    Guild: Twilight Reconciliation

Appearance: Ginko is quite young despite his prowess, a tall and slim man with a boyish air still about him. He wears his hair short though wears his bangs long and is fond of dying his hair various colors. His brown eyes always seem wide in wonder adding to his boyish demeanor. He often wears long black robes with his left sleeve ripped off to allow him to wear a single metal gauntlet and arm up to the shoulder. He wears a sword at his left hip and a large gourd at his left to hold up poisons to heal himself.

Background: The history of Ginko is widely unknown though many who see him in his Guild Hall note he carries a great many slave tattoos from various regions along with the mark of the Dragon he learned under. What little is known is that a year after the Dragons disappeared he founded Twilight Reconciliation as a formal guild though was turned down for a charter. He refused the denial of his Guild, founding it regardless of a charter and thus creating the Guild as a Dark Guild.

Magic: Ginko has the power of Poison Dragon Slayer Magic, taught to him by a Poison Dragon Hydraxis. Ginko is widely feared for his masterful use of the magic, which he explains he only is so good due to the brutal teaching methods of the Dragon herself. He gained the name Hydra for his most common attack via multiple poison tipped dragon heads summoned by his magic.

Ginko also knows the magical style Black Raven, allowing him to summon magical energy in the form of black birds which he can control. These birds explode on contact with powerful force. The magic also seems to allow flight via a summoned pair of black energy wings that float off the back. These wings can act as a shield and are razor sharp, allowing Ginko to use them similar to his sword. The magic, unlike his Dragon Slaying, is not a Lost Magic though is fairly rare. The Magic has an opposite style known as White Dove.

Other Powers: Ginko is quite adept with martial combat, utilizing a curved and grooved blade that he can drip poison into to make his strikes more lethal.

The Dark Guild Twilight Reconciliation

The Dark Guild Twilight Reconciliation is the strongest Dark Guild in the entire world according to some though also the youngest. Led by a mysterious group of leaders, the Guild itself is not as populated as many though are known to run a brutal recruitment regime. The leader is known at least in name, a Dragon Slayer known as Ginko the Hydra. The location of the Guild Hall is also a widely unknown bit of information though many suspect a government of the world is hiding them for dark purposes.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-07 at 11:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

As one of the people to express interest in the last attempt at this, I'm still here and still interested. I can work on getting a character up later.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Working on a character. Will probably submit multiple if certain roles are needed.

The current character I'm working on is a Lawful Good Necromancer (yes, I'll explain later) looking to join a legitimate guild. Considering the RP, probably Fairy Tail.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I might join as well. I'll have to put up a character later though because I'm about to go to class. Physics here I come

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm working on a mage for Twilight Reconciliation, short version is dessication magic and a healthy dose of power incontinence to make a 'Walking Wasteland' type villain/enemy. Still working out the details.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-11-08 at 11:30 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Name: Zhenya Oft
    Height: 4'5"
    Weight: 80
    Blood Type: O
    Magic: Arc of the Desert - Dry Run
    Guild: Twilight Reconciliation

Appearance: Zhenya is, for all intents and purposes, a young girl just barely at the age of ten. Many would claim she was cute, or adorable even, if it wasn't for the blank and emotionless expression on her pale face. Even for a child she's rather short, with long black hair that's straight cut and hangs to her waist. Her guild tattoo for Twilight Reconciliation is located on the back of her neck, where it's often hidden by her hair.

Lots of people compare Zhenya to a porcelain doll, and they wouldn't be entirely wrong either! She's very pale with seemingly perfect hair and a fascination with frilly or overly elaborate dresses. Cute as a button, as dangerous as any demon.

Background: There isn't much to know about Zhenya. From a young age she was always the weird one among other kids her age, reading books instead of playing imaginary games, never quite getting to know other people or vice versa. When she was eight, she got sick. Very sick and her parents took her to some mages to find out what was wrong with her. It turns out that Zhenya possessed an amazing potential for magic but, since it had no outlet, it was causing her frail form some measure of harm. She was destined to be a mage! It seemed like such a happy day!

Until Zhenya actually learned a form of magic that is...

No one's quite sure where she learned it, but Zhenya learned part of a dangerous form of Lost Magic that required intense control, the Arc of the Desert. At such a young age, Zhenya just lacked the control necessary to keep the magic under control and her home, family, and community was destroyed. She disappeared for a year then, finally reappearing among the ranks of the Dark Guild Twilight Reconciliation. There, her talent and magic is applauded and valued, even if special measures must be taken to protect fellow guild-mates. Having found a new 'family' Zhenya is a loyal and, at times, cruel adherent to the guild and a potent weapon.

Magic: Arc of the Desert - Dry Run

Zhenya's magic is half of the Arc of the Desert, Dry Run. Everything within a certain radius of Zhenya begins to dry up and turn to ash/sand, everything with moisture and water in it anyway. This means that Zhenya's presence, to put it lightly, is intrinsically opposed to the sustaining of life. Water drys up, plants wither, and animals perish if they don't flee the area. People too suffer from this aura, though the measure of magic a person holds can slow the effect and special measures can be taken to mitigate the effect. One of the reasons that Zhenya is always seems to lack emotions is because the strength and reach of this aura is tied to her emotions. The more emotional Zhenya becomes, the larger the aura grows and the stronger it becomes. Even in the middle of a heated battle Zhenya has to maintain nigh perfect control to keep from inadvertently causing the dessication of the nearby area.

Additionally, should an enemy close into melee, Zhenya can place a 'trigger seal' on an opponent, that allows her to put into effect a much stronger dessication effect, though only on that particular opponent. If these trigger seals are spread across multiple opponents then the effect is equally divided amongst them as well. Zhenya can only maintain about a dozen such seals, so she holds them in reserve for truly dangerous opponents who can elude her aura. When she's draining an opponent with a trigger seal, Zhenya's own body has some of it's vigor and energy returned to it. It doesn't heal her, but it does enable her to fight longer then she otherwise normally would be able to.

Other Powers: None. She's neither old enough or skilled enough to have learned a second kind of magic. She has some measure of speed, to better evade attacks and get close to her opponents, but no strength to speak off. If push comes to shove, she has a small club to use as a very very last resort considering it's far removed from her strong suit.

Because of the nature of her magic, she normally keeps to a Twilight Reconciliation airship, around a crew that wears special hydration suits to mitigate the effects of Zhenya's aura and regularly get 'water breaks' to keep up to steam!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Is anyone making actual Fairy Tail members?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

One would hope? I suppose the question is...are you? Callos and I actually discussed this character last night. We've got a history of making pretty good baddies so...I went with it and Callos expressed interest in making a baddy.

So ya...One can hope we get Fairy Tail members for sure, would be hard to play without it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    One would hope? I suppose the question is...are you? Callos and I actually discussed this character last night. We've got a history of making pretty good baddies so...I went with it and Callos expressed interest in making a baddy.

So ya...One can hope we get Fairy Tail members for sure, would be hard to play without it.
    Well, my necromancer character will at least start out guildless, but will either join Fairy Tail or a similar legitimate guild, so she'll qualify as a "good guy."

Besides a few villain ideas floating in my head that I'm going to side for now since we've got a good dark guild, I've got a few other possible protagonists, but they'd all be low-ranking, and I just want to know if I should be thinking of a headmaster or S-class mage for Fairy Tail too.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm hoping we get some low level members for TR to go against the low members of Fairy Tale...so make any level of Protagonist. I just made the leader of TR because...I started the thread and am trying to push the idea. Seems a bit rude and selfish to say "I want this game but want no hand in it." Zhenya Oft is a somewhat mid range so it's not like we need a ton of super powerful characters right off the bat.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a rough idea for a character that could as well work for the protagonist guild - an eldritch shapeshifter who's just been awakened or restored to a working condition and is clueless of what's going on. However, I haven't read the manga so I have no idea about the setting.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Basically everyone has their own unique sort of magic in the series at least though it seems you can learn other magic as a general sense and even have several types. Magics range from Dark (Which we're not letting in), Lost (Which is powerful magic from by gone ages that some people still have), Summoning Magic (Uses contracts and keys to summon creatures) and...regular magic. Your magic sounds like summoning magic.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-08 at 01:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

I tried to start FTitP a while back. Didn't have enough interest other than Horngeek really.

Anyways, I can make a memeber of Fairy Tail if you want. I'm gonna make a Celestial Mage.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The more the merrier. The more interest the better really.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I have a rough idea for a character that could as well work for the protagonist guild - an eldritch shapeshifter who's just been awakened or restored to a working condition and is clueless of what's going on. However, I haven't read the manga so I have no idea about the setting.
    The short answer: Like Naruto or One Piece only replace every use of the word Ninja or Pirate respectively with "Wizard."

The long answer: Fairy Tail Wiki

The less smartass answer: The easiest way to describe it would be Eberron without the different races, humans only. It's a fantasy setting, and there are random fantastic monsters running around and demons sealed up until someone stupidly decides to awaken them, but for the most part it's humans only. The Exceed (chibi cat race) is something very specific and unless you make a Dragon Slayer probably don't need to worry about them. Most of the plot centers around the licensed Mage Guilds, the rogue (usually evil) Dark Guilds, and various mercenary style jobs people hire the Mage Guilds for.

There were dragons, but they all kind of up and left. No one knows why. They did leave behind powerful elemental magic with a select few wizards called "Dragon Slayers", wizards they raised and taught the magic of dragons. Dragon Slayers are not only some of the most powerful elemental users in the setting, they can actually consumer their "element" to get back magical power. EX: Natsu being the Fire Dragon Slayer can consume any fire he didn't create himself to restore his energy.

Eldritch shapeshifter specifically might not work, but you might be interested in something called "Take-Over" magic. Basically a mage slays a demon, takes some of the demon parts, and then their magic involves substituting part or all of their body with that of said demon, gaining its strengths and powers.

Otherwise, basically think of any random Shounen ability set and there's probably a way to translate it into Fairy Tail magic.

17. - Top - End - #17

Should have my character summon something besides the Zodiac since they were all like characters with personalities instead of monsters.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Should have my character summon something besides the Zodiac since they were all like characters with personalities instead of monsters.
    Just a suggestion, but you could come up with completely new interpretations of the Zodiac for a Celestial Spirit summoner, or focus on Silver Keys like Draco, Orion, Pegasus, etc.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Is anyone making actual Fairy Tail members?
    I will eventually. I just had an idea for a bad-guy first. I tend to always have multiple characters in the FFRPs I participate in.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

I'll likely make multiple mages.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #21

Just a suggestion, but you could come up with completely new interpretations of the Zodiac for a Celestial Spirit summoner, or focus on Silver Keys like Draco, Orion, Pegasus, etc.
    Like, if I was to use the Zodiac, but as beasts instead of people? My character would, of course, have silver keys as well.

Or I could use the Chinese Zodiac instead.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Could use the newly minted Zodiac as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'll likely make multiple mages.
    Completely acceptable of course.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-08 at 02:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

All right, here are my basic character concepts thus far. I'll have full profiles out later when I get home from work, but for now here's the general stuff for thought.

Emilia MacCrowley: A Lawful Good necromancer fully aware of the stigma behind her choice of magic. She has basic life and death magic, which just amounts to basic healing spells and dark rays which can wound not kill, but her main magic is forming contracts with lost souls and summoning them to aid her. Her main goal is to join a legitimate Mage Guild and redeem the magic of necromancy.

Skye: Chaotic Good/Neutral Storm mage of Fairy Tail. B-A Rank. Primarily uses lightning elemental magic, but knows enough wind magic to fly, and with a lot of magical energy and some time can call storms, though that last bit wears him completely out. He has a bad habit of expelling all of his magical energy into one giant lightning bolt, running himself dry, and then bluffing that he can do it again. Also despite not having the endurance of, say, a Dragon Slayer, has no problem wading into melee combat even though he's usually outclassed in that category. Has deep issues regarding his parents who he openly states he wants to kill someday.

Dante: True Neutral amnesiac boy ((probably Dark Guild member)) with a wide variety of full-body demon Take-Over magic. He doesn't remember anything about his past or how he "learned" his magic. In fact he fears it, since the Demons tend to have more than a little influence on his personality. But for the time being he just does whatever he's told feeling he has no alternative.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

They all look good from what it seems, though remember we're sticking with one Baddy guild (Doesn't mean the people in it have to be EVVVVVVVVVVVIL) and Fairy Tail at the start just to keep things easier and not so spread out.

25. - Top - End - #25

Alright, so I'm planning to make a Dragon Slayer of some description. One idea I had was for a Darkness element, using solidified shadows for techniques. Would this be acceptable?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Poison seems to be a tangible thing in the actual series so I don't see why not. The Sky Dragon seems to be Light as well so I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable. Dragon Slayer magic is the only Lost Magic that isn't really on a case by case basis.

27. - Top - End - #27

I'll get to work on it, then.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Poison seems to be a tangible thing in the actual series so I don't see why not. The Sky Dragon seems to be Light as well so I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable. Dragon Slayer magic is the only Lost Magic that isn't really on a case by case basis.
    But dark dragon means... (spoiler alert)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zeref and Acknowlogia...
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Alright, so I'm planning to make a Dragon Slayer of some description. One idea I had was for a Darkness element, using solidified shadows for techniques. Would this be acceptable?
    My only question is what would you eat? I mean, the Poison Dragon user could eat toxic chemicals and venom, and the Sky Dragon user "eats" Wind (effectively just breathing), but what would a Darkness Dragon eat?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The Absence of Light? That's all "darkness" is.

But dark dragon means... (spoiler alert)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zeref and Acknowlogia...
    Spoiler
    Show
    No actually...as far as we know at least. There's no evidence so far. It's also called the Black Dragon of the Apocolypse, no where do they call it the Black Dragon. Also it's roar is made of pure energy...not shadow
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2011-11-08 at 02:42 PM.