Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 9

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 9

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Fettina's Suite

Thankfully, Tina is actually very good at relaxing that way. Her breathing slows and grows more steady, her body grows still. She very nearly drifts off, but Evan's voice holds her mind still as well.

The path is clear for the spell, and it goes through without any reaction from the platinum girl.
    [Fettina's Suite]

Simple understanding of the spell presents itself to Fettina; the way it works, what she has to do with her own energy to enact the spell. It isn't so much that she has images and the like. It's more like a memory that she simply hasn't needed to use before. It's a fairly odd experience, but it should also jolt her into awareness.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mithar Keep]

"It's not so hard as one might think," Harnel says, smiling at Cessie's shock. "The books here were mostly gotten together by my friends at the college we ended up at when we visited my world. The rest of these were gotten here in the Nexus; it's not that hard to find a bookstore that specializes in things mages might be interested in, and we're not exactly short on money."
    [Mithar Keep]

"I still did pay for half of this right?" Cessie asks while still looking around in wonder as she suddenly seems to come to think about something. "And, uh, I hope I didn't give the people at the university the wrong impression of myself did I?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Not this," Harnel says, raising a finger, "This was my gift to you, and I paid for it all myself. As far as how the people at the university go? You didn't leave too much of an odd impression; most of the people there were watching me more than you anyways. With a donation, they were more than willing to copy out some of the books in the library. A process that's shortened from days to hours with the aid of magic."

He goes over to one of the bookshelves and pulls a book entitled Magic in Relation to Mathematical Geometry off it, flipping open to the first page, before saying, "A lot of this stuff is completely over my head. I understand the basic concepts of how magic works, even across different worlds, but once you start adding math in, it's lost on me." He chuckles, "Hopefully you can make use of it though. And obviously we're going to be hiring tutors so that if any of our children show an interest, they can understand it."

4. - Top - End - #34

[Mithar Keep]

"Harnel... you really didn't need to, not with the house already being build." The mage replies as she walks up to him.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel smiles, putting the book back on the shelf and turning to his wife, "That's the point though, isn't it? All the bad marriages I've seen before are because the two people involved stop caring for each other, stop going out of their way to make the other happy. Doing only 'what you have to' is what leads to the stagnation. So I'm doing more than I have to, and I always will. I just figured I'd start off with something big."

6. - Top - End - #36

[Mithar Keep]

The sorceress smiles at him, "You really should have shown me this part last Harnel, I don't think any other part of the house could make me happier then this. It's simply perfect. It will take years before I can even look at all these books with the children on their way." She gently runs her hand along her waistline which have started to bulge a bit but that hardly noticeable underneath all her clothes.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"This was a big part of the surprise! No way I could tell you before hand." Harnel says, grinning, "I figured I had to get this done before you got really pregnant though. It can be hard for a pregnant woman to move around a lot, so I figured if you had to be stuck in one place it may as well be with a massive collection of books." He shrugs, "For the record, I'm effectively at your beck and call for the next several months. Massages, getting together the orders to feed your cravings, whatever you need, I'm there for you."

8. - Top - End - #38

[Mithar Keep]

Cessie shakes her head, "I won't let the pregnancy beat me, don't worry. I can summon eldritch energy to lift myself up remember? Once I get that big I think I will just levitate whenever I like to go somewhere." She pauses with a grin, "A massage doesn't sound too bad though... but you should show me the rest of the house first."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel smiles, and puts his arm around Cessie as they tour the rest of the house. Finally, They'll come to the aerie on the roof, where, as if simply to be romantic for the two, the sun is about to set.

10. - Top - End - #40

[Mithar Keep]

The mage seems almost giddy as they reach the end of their tour, "Ah, so this is what you have been planning all along." She announces as they come up the stairs. "Seducing me at the aerie. Well, I won't fall so easily for your draconic wiles. You will have to work for it." She tells him in a mock tone.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-17 at 07:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel puts on an expression of mock surprise, "I have wiles?"

Before giving her a chance to respond, he'll simply lean down to give her a long, passionate kiss. Seems as good a response as any

12. - Top - End - #42

[Mithar Keep]

Cessie was almost prepared for that and returns the kiss slowly with equal passion. As they eventually break off she turns to look out at the sunset and everything underneath it as her hand is gently caressing the scales down his back.

"So how do you feel surveying your new kingdom? Any plans for the future? More children perhaps?" She asks suggestively with a coy smile.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel grins, "As many children as you're willing to have with me. I want as big a family as I can get." Harnel's own hands are on Cessie's hips as he too watches the sunset. It really is beautiful.

14. - Top - End - #44

[Mithar Keep]

"As many as I want? That's funny, I never even imagined one child and soon I got two. I'm not sure where I will stop honestly. Children are a lot of work after all." The mage replies as she looks out at the horizon. "We got to have a lot of servants if we are planning any more."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Harnel nods, "Well, it's a big place, and we're nowehere near short on money. We can hire as many servants as we want," Harnel says, smiling

16. - Top - End - #46

[Mithar Keep]

"We'll see then, I haven't even given birth once yet after all. Twins are more then enough for now, I would have panicked about this a few years ago." Cessie admits. "Now... well, your helping me feeling more comfortable. It's still times I can hardly believe it."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"I'm honestly pretty certain I'll be panicking too later on. But right now, I'm just basking in the wonderment. I have a wife, a home, children on the way, and more adamantine than I could have ever expected," Harnel says, and he leans down to give Cessie another kiss, this time longer and more passionate than before

18. - Top - End - #48

[Mithar Keep]

The mage warps her hands around Harnel as she returns the kiss and will then just stand there a while with her beloved. Kissing.

Once they break off, Cessie breathes out softly and smiles, "I'm going to get something to eat... why don't you go down to our bedroom? I think we need to try out the beds."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Fettina's Suite]

Simple understanding of the spell presents itself to Fettina; the way it works, what she has to do with her own energy to enact the spell. It isn't so much that she has images and the like. It's more like a memory that she simply hasn't needed to use before. It's a fairly odd experience, but it should also jolt her into awareness.
    Tina takes a sharp breath and opens her eyes, sitting up almost instantly. That was trippy. "I got it. I think. That was you, right?" She rubs the side of her head and looks at her feet. Hmmm.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

-Johanna Stokes

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Haunted Warehouse -to- Serious Threads, I Guess? Seems Like This Would Fit In There]

Locked within the totaled (crashed) van, Tom shall find: an assortment of mixed CDs, a crowbar, a lockpicking kit, a book entitled "Lockpicking Fer Dumbies", and a gigantic supply of dark red blood packets (Yuck!). There's also a few feet of rope and three man-sized cloth sacks, though I doubt Thomas would be interested in that junk.

There is also a stain on the trunk-space of the van. A bloody stain. A captive must have been wounded back here...

Tom, upon attempting to proceed into the bar shall find his route blocked by a burly, undead bouncer. I'm not sure how an undead creature retained his muscle mass what with atrophy and all those inconvenient principles of medicine, but whatever this guy tried, it worked out to his benefit.

"And just what do you think you're doing, little man?"

The bouncer growls. From the sound of it, I'd say he might be suffering from a touch of neural decay.

Serious thread, then.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"
    -Dracula
    Vamptok by Fullbladder

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    AJ nods in agreement. Yeah, we should. Figure out what's actually going on, too.

The knife catches her eye. You make that?
    Myrmidon nods and shrugs, as he picks it up and balances it in his upper hand. It fits quite well, though doubtless Myrmidon made it for that appendage. He gently tests the blade's edge with his lower hand; he's not pressing too hard, and it doesn't break the skin, but Myrmidon smiles and seems happy anyway. He then offers it to AJ so that she can have a closer look if she likes.
    Semper in faecibus suvum, sole profundum variant.

Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I have a point!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Tina takes a sharp breath and opens her eyes, sitting up almost instantly. That was trippy. "I got it. I think. That was you, right?" She rubs the side of her head and looks at her feet. Hmmm.
    [Fettina's Suite]

"Yeah, that was me. I shared with you all the base images you can learn for the spell, like it was shared with me. but it's like doing anything; even if you can do it, you have to practice before you can do anything with it."

Tina won't know her limit just yet. She'll understand that it's quite small, maybe a change in color or the warping of a couple bones. Nothing nearly on the scale Evan showed her earlier. But she'll also know that it won't take too long to get to that point anyways, maybe a few weeks if she constantly practices. More if she's concerned with other things, such as up to a few months.

She'll also know that adjusting your body risks a whole lot. Changing body parts improperly can result in bones cracking, skin ripping, muscle tearing, and blood vessels popping. This is why Evan wanted to start with feet or hands; they're much easier to work with because they're quite far away from vital organs.

"Why don't you give it a try? Make your pinky toe bigger or something."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mithar Keep]

The mage warps her hands around Harnel as she returns the kiss and will then just stand there a while with her beloved. Kissing.

Once they break off, Cessie breathes out softly and smiles, "I'm going to get something to eat... why don't you go down to our bedroom? I think we need to try out the beds."
    [Mithar Keep]

Harnel nods, "Right. Hurry back, alright? You seriously need to try out this bed. It's insanely comfy." And he'll go to the bedroom.

Once he gets there, he starts setting things up. He rolls back the covers slightly, lights a pair of candles for ambiance, undresses himself, and climbs onto the bed on his side, evidently entirely ready to seduce.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Myrmidon nods and shrugs, as he picks it up and balances it in his upper hand. It fits quite well, though doubtless Myrmidon made it for that appendage. He gently tests the blade's edge with his lower hand; he's not pressing too hard, and it doesn't break the skin, but Myrmidon smiles and seems happy anyway. He then offers it to AJ so that she can have a closer look if she likes.
    Oh, sure. AJ takes the blade and looks it over. Some forgotten skills seem to be coming back, because she examines the blade like a person who frequently used them. She even twirls it in her hand a little, checking the weight and balance of it.

Not bad. She'll hand the weapon back to Myrmidon.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

24. - Top - End - #54

[Mithar Keep]

Once she have used the bathroom and gotten something to eat, Cessie enters the bed room, happily surprised by the lit candles. "Ohh... how atmospheric, you never done this before." She says as she goes to walk over to the bed.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"We've never had our own home before," Harnel says, grinning. His tail flicks up into the air for a moment, and his wings stretch, "Come, won't you join me?" He says this as seductively as he can. That isn't much, considering he has no experience with seduction, but still.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Fettina's Suite

"Uh... arright. Here we go." Tina concentrates, going for the 'or something' bit. She tries to change the color of her toenails to a bright orange. I'll let you decide if it works properly or not.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

-Johanna Stokes

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #57

???

Can the syringe penetrate a leather glove when it's not being pushed by anyone?

In that case, the phone is likely left unanswered. Teq pulls his hand back, staring at the drop of blood welling on his fingertip. Rather than grab the cell, he reaches in and grabs the syringe. Perhaps there's something on it that can tell him what he's dealing with.

However, unfortunately for the virus, Teq's insides do not work on the same principles as human life. In fact, unless Tobias understands the biology of a race tainted by the Far Realm, he probably didn't develop anything that can harm Teq. His cell walls allow the virus entry - likely before entrapping the impotent virions. They'll proceed to break each one down into it's base components of DNA and simple proteins.
    It's actually a spring trap, so it should be able to penetrate the glove. The syringe is removed from the satchel, but is just a typical modern one with no labels. Toby did spend a week in his lab creating the virus to specifically deal with Teq's DNA that he got from his blood, but sure, the imperfect bioweapon is neutralized.

The Druid remains bound to the chair and drugged out of his mind.
    "Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit."
    Publius Vergilius Maro

28. - Top - End - #58

[Mithar Keep]

Cessie giggles coyly at Harnel's display, not really sure what she should think.
    "My, my, why don't you do this more often? I wish I felt that sexy myself." Pregnancy tended to make you feel like a swollen blob at times. <.<

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Really, You don't?" Harnel seems genuinely surprised. He'll attempt to take Cessie's hand and pull her down into a kiss, before saying, "Because frankly, you seem more radiant to me now than ever before."

30. - Top - End - #60

[Mithar Keep]

Cessie let's herself being pulled into bed and into a kiss which she returns lovingly. "You do? But others then? Lately I've felt... I don't know. Alienated. Maybe it's my pregnancy but I have just wanted to close myself in. Like I don't really belong out there in the nexus."