New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 9

1. - Top - End - #721
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 9

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Fettina's Suite]

Evan looks down towards the floor, "I'd honestly rather not. You like me as is, and that's good enough for me," There's always that worry that she's bluffing and will run. It's unlikely, but he thought it was unlikely with Renetta as well.
    "Seriously?" Tina narks, cocking her head to one side. She sits up a little more. "What could be so bad about it?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

"Through the cave with all those boobs. Seriously, you should have heard the cave in at least. The yelp from falling? Door opening? Anything? I mean, the only way I could have been louder is if I had smashed it down. Don't tell me you own this place? Where's all the random guards with guns and flamethrowers?" Vincent is disappointed in you Harnel! He breaks into your home and steals your things, he expects to be treated properly at least!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

"I notice you haven't answered my question. Why. Are. You. Here." Harnel doesn't look like he's going to be taking any more crap from this anime haired pretty boy

[Fettina's Suite]

Evan's brow furrows as he tries to think of a good answer. When none comes, he says, "Alright, let me show you."

Thankful that he's naked for this so that he doesn't tear anything, Evan stands up and moves into the middle of the room.

Black shadowy flames pour out of him and he begins to grow larger, his horns extending to massive lengths. Very soon, he'll look like this. He also happens to be just under eight feet tall, so he's hunching under the ceiling.

[Julie & Eric's]

Julie will hear a knock on the door five hours later, once it's rolled around to afternoon. If she looks through the peephole it's Eric, wearing a longcoat and a pair of black jeans but not shirt.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-11-30 at 11:55 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

"Hey jerk, I answered every questioned you asked while you weren't trying to stomp on me. Don't go pretending I'm not answering questions when it's clearly YOU who is being evasive."

"I came here cause some NPCs told me about a tower here and came looking for xp and gp. Deal with it. Everyone else has to. Main Character rights of property law."

It's in the instruction booklet!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

Julie & Eric's

Julie doesn't even lift her head. Since Eric hadn't closed his link to her she knows exactly who's on the other side of the door.

It will unlatch and open for him, revealing her in the exact same position she's been in for the last five or so hours, hunched over the table and nude. Normally even now she'd be alluring, but instead the bareness of her skin makes her seem rather vulnerable.

Are you here for your things? she can't bring herself to speak to him right now. It would break the illusion that everything would be alright again when he's gone if her voice broke at the moment.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #726

Fettina's Suite

It should be no surprise to Evan when Tina's eyes widen in shock. She claps a hand to her mouth, and then quickly removes it, feeling silly even performing the gesture. She finally manages to blurt, "****." The platinum girl stays like that for a moment, clearly hesitant to move. Then, slowly, she stands. If allowed, she'll move toward Evan and set a hand on his stomach. "Holy **** that is awesome." She doesn't smile quite yet, just looks him up and down in awe. There's fear there, too, but she just has to focus on one question: why would Evan hurt her?

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

[Julie & Eric's]

A mental sigh, No, I'm here to give you a chance to apologize.

He walks in and sits down at the table across from her. He doesn't seem to care about her lack of clothing; he's had five hours to understand what she's probably doing to herself, and what it all meant. And he's willing to give her a chance, if a slim one.

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

"Get out of my home," Harnel says, pointing towards the door, "If you don't, I will make you leave." He's quite literally growling this out.

[Fettina's Suite]

"I can smell it, you're afraid of me." Evan doesn't look too happy about that fact. At all.

His stomach is powerfully muscled, as are his arms and chest. With a punch, he'd probably hit like an SUV. She may have made a good choice choosing him as potential security for her business.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

"Awww...."

Vincent, still clearly a kid, scuffs his feet.

"I was hoping for some sort of cool dungeon or quest keeper with rare items."

He pauses and tilts his head to look at Harnel.

"Hey... if you fight to throw me out, will you summon a bunch of henchmen to do so?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #729

Fettina's Suite

"Well don't look at me like that. Hell yes you're scary. Doesn't mean you're bad. Jeez, what kind of airhead were you dating that would just... cut and run?" Tina tries to lean against him, in an attempt to reassure the demon. His eyes did freak her out a little, but she doesn't have to look at them. She breathes out deeply. "It's okay."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #730

Julie & Eric's

"Ha- How about I explain instead." her voice does crack, if only a little, but she pushes past it.

"I suggested we swap because I thought it would show you what it meant to be me. Instead we fooled around, had some fun, and you found out a few of the things I had to deal with but... none of that really showed you who I am." she sits up a bit straighter, finally looking into his eyes.

"And when I realised that... well being in your body taught me a lot, but it also gave me withdrawal like you wouldn't believe. So when I realised that you still thought you could change me I knew I had to show you just how hard it would be." she shakes her head, trying to rephrase things.

"It's not even that I just needed to let loose in some way. Even if it meant hurting you. Especially if it did. And I needed you to feel what I felt -what I feel- whenever I do something like that. You couldn't understand it just by being me. You had to act like me, take something that isn't yours no matter how wrong it is or how many people you hurt. When I asked if you thought this relationship could work and you brushed it off... that's when I knew you really hadn't understood. Not fully. Not in the way I'd hoped."

She gives him a smile. It's full of teeth and cheer and lies and it looks like it will shatter like a pane of cheep glass in a moment, but she manages one just for him. Always see them off with a smile Julie.

"For what it's worth I am sorry. I couldn't have messed up any harder than I did. You can take half of what's in the fridge, I don't eat much. Hopefully your landlords will let you back in without much trouble. I'd do more, but I'm not sure you'd want that... or what it is I could do."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

Harnel raises an eyebrow, "No, I'll beat you into the stonework and then throw you out myself." He doesn't look like he's joking.

[Fettina's Suite]

Evan, looks down at Fettina and frowns. She should have been running. Why wasn't she? Instead she was just... standing there, hugging him. He sighs, "My full name is Evanashaelk Goudram. My mother gave it to me."

[Julie & Eric's]

Eric sits there staring for a while, just looking into her eyes. Honesty, trying to make him understand how he wouldn't be able to help her. She'd done something horrible to him, and then tried to push it off on him. This was the second time she'd done something terrible, and it was still a young relationship. Julie will note the eye on his hands, resting as they are on the able, looking towards the door, as he wonders why he isn't storming out again. why he doesn't simply get up and walk away from this entire thing.

And then he realizes it's his good conscience stopping him. Julie was evil, and she said as much just now. that she needed it like a drug. How no matter how many efforts he makes, she's just going to keep feeling like she needs to hurt something, break something, or do something terrible. That isn't going to stop, isn't going to end. Not any time soon, if ever.

He's staying because she needs him. If she's ever going to be a better person, she needs someone to believe she can change, and deal with the problems she has before she gets there.

She needs him.

All of Eric's eyes close as he lets out a sigh. He leaves his longcoat hanging on the chair. He stands up, and begins walking towards the bedroom, wearing nothing but his jeans, "I'll be getting more sleep if you need me."

No forgiveness. Not yet. But acceptance of what she is and the help she'll need to become a better person.

Unless interrupted, he'll climb into the bed and be asleep again within seconds. He doesn't need sleep, hasn't ever since he became a starspawn. but he's always found it to be a good way to pass the time.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

Vincent rolls his eyes.
    "Great... You don't even look worth the xp and gp I'd get to make up for the items I'd have to use to beat you. No offense to you of course. Man, I thought this tower might be special. Stupid no actual dungeons with real random monsters in this stupid game. Shoulda stayed on that mountain longer, but nooooo, kill one little bird or beast or carset or whatever it was and the whole party gets teary eyed and you get thrown off the mountain in a blackout screen and..." Vincent says, grumbling on his way out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #733

Julie & Eric's

After some time, Julie gets up and walks to the bedroom. For a while she simply stands in the door and watches him sleep, not making a move towards him and not daring to leave.

It takes her closing her eyes before she can even step into the room, convinced that if she just doesn't see him then when she lays down he won't be there to make things so damn complicated.

Before she does, however she gives her fingers a whisper-quiet snap, flashing the pyjama's Eric made her onto her body.

And then she can delay it no longer. She crawls into bed and she can smell him lying next to her, feel his body heat radiating off his skin even though she makes a careful effort to avoid touching him. He's a spectre to her. She knows if she dares touch him everything will go away and she'll be all alone again.

But when she opens her eyes, he's still there.

You're right. I need you. and so is the link. The link which he never broke even when she tried her damnedest to tear out his heart in the name of making him understand. The link across which she sends her deepest, most secret thought to his sleeping mind, secretly hoping he'll never recieve it.

And now, finally, she lets herself cry.

----

What seems like days later, but was only a few hours, Julie reaches out a tentative hand to Eric's shoulder, but stops herself. Instead she reaches for his hair, attempting to run her fingers through it tenderly while he sleeps.

She knows this could be that last minute thing that pushes him away, with how fragile their relationship has been, but at the moment she can't stop herself. She's just taking what she wants, no matter who she hurts doing so.

Even if the only person she's hurting is herself.

"Eric? You'd best wake up. You've been asleep a very long time." a paraphrase from a better time. Hard to believe it was only yesterday morning... Julie forces herself from the bed and Eric's hair. It's past time they ate.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-01 at 01:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

Harnel will see Vincent out to make sure he leaves before closing, and locking, everything behind him. he then, finally, goes back to the kitchen and uses cooking Cessie a meal as a way to calm himself down. Eventually, he'll take the dish up to her, salmon with potatoes and corn. Maybe not the most lavish meal, but good all the same.

[Julie & Eric's]

Eric wakes up slowly, his eyes opening to look at Julie. He sighs, and wonders why he can't sleep just a bit longer. it's always helped him work out what ails him in the past, relax as his mind works out a problem in his subconscious. He always felt better after waking up, but today felt different. Probably because of what had happened.

So what's a way to try and make it better?

Telekinetically, he'll attempt to undo the buttons on the front of Julie's top, smiling as he does it. The day may as well start out lighthearted.

15. - Top - End - #735

Julie & Eric's

It's good to see that Eric can at least pretend everything is fine, but it doesn't quite put a smile on her face as he undoes the buttons. In fact it makes her think of him forcing himself on her just yesterday, and that forces her to think about just why it happened...

But she's an actress when she needs to be, and if Eric wants her to act then she'll certainly oblige him. In her head, she surreptitiously routes a wall of happy feelings from Shelly to the continued link between them so that he can't feel what's behind the grin she plasters on her face.

"Hungry?"

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

[Julie & Eric's]

There's no way she should be feeling good right now, so Eric knows it's just a charade. May as well play into it a little, make her feel better, at least a little bit.

He'll levitate himself out of the bed, and then attempt to levitate Julie into his arms and tentacles. His hand goes to the inside of her open shirt, rubbing along the side of her stomach as he does, and he says, "Look, Julie. I think I do understand. That's why I'm going to stay with you as long as you need someone to help you, and longer once you've become the kind of person I want to help you be. I will be with you for as long as I can to help you."

17. - Top - End - #737

Julie & Eric's

She doesn't resist being moved into his arms, or his hands on her bare flesh, but she turns her head to the side in shame.

"I've never been the woman you want to make me out to be Eric. I could have faked it for you for a long time had we never swapped, but that's all it would have been." Unsurely, she tries to slip her arms up around his neck, holding him like he'll burst into nothing in her hands.

"I don't even know where I'd start. And... I'm not certain I'm worth the effort."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-05 at 10:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie & Eric's

Eric quirks an eyebrow, and says, "I am a starspawn of Yog-Sothoth. we are defined by the sheer will we have. Our very bodies are made up of the physical matter of will. when we focus ourselves to a task, we see it through, for as long as we have the will to do so, we will manage it. That is the power we carry, and the power I seek to exercise on you." It's clear he doesn't mean those bursts of Sienna light. he's just talking about his sheer determination as a person. "You're gonna get my help whether you like it or not. You being the hottest thing this side of the sun doesn't hurt my desire to stick around either."

19. - Top - End - #739

Julie & Eric's

Julie gives him a real smile now that she's sure he won't vanish on her. It isn't much, just a quirk at the corners of her lips, but it's real.

"So long as we're doing introductions, mind if if I just..." The back of Julie's head begins to glow through her hair, and from that spot a vague image takes shape.

Behind her head now floats a transparent purple brain connected to her body by a thin silver line.

"My name is Juliette Fiske. I don't really have a name for my species. As best as anyone can tell we are descended from humans that found a way to transcend their physical forms. The Fiskes, all nine of us, have been working towards getting those forms back. I'm one of the few that succeeded so far. In Shelly, I found someone who could understand how hard it is to resist doing bad things when there are no consequences. We've been together so long now that it's hard to say which of us is which."

The light and the image fades, and she risks squeezing him a little harder now that he knows. Some part of her fears he'll still run away.

"Eric? No more lies. I can't promise you much, but I swear if you ask me something, anything, I'll tell you the truth." there is no great flash of light sealing the pact. Just an earnest promise from someone unwilling to let him go.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

[Julie & Eric's]

Eric smiles. "I figured it was something like that. People don't just get two minds naturally, even if they are a lot alike." He sighs, and knows that this is his best chance to get a completely straight answer out of Julie.

"Julie... are you willing to try to be a better person? Or am I just going to have to do all the heavy lifting on that myself?" he grins that sharp toothed grin of his. One thing's for certain, even if she says no, he's going to do his damnedest to help her.

21. - Top - End - #741

Julie & Eric's

"I would have tried a lot harder to make you leave if I wasn't willing." her smile grows a bit, and she lays her head against his shoulder just to feel more of his warmth against her skin.

"I don't know how to explain it Eric. I need you. I don't even want you some of the time, but I do need you. You make things so complicated just by being here and not giving up on me that I could scream. But you're a crutch, and I'm not really healed enough to let you go. When I'm doing things with you I don't feel the guilt so strongly any more. At least when I'm not messing things up and making a perfect ass of myself."

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

[Julie & Eric's]

Eric continues to grin, "Ah yes, the perfect ass," He almost says this nonchalantly, a hand reaching down to grab. Their mental connection will tell her he's taken the words to heart, but he's trying to make her laugh or giggle or something, "What's say we get something to eat then, hmm? Unfortunately, I can't cook worth a damn, so it looks like you're going to have to help me."

23. - Top - End - #743

Julie & Eric's

Julie will giggle into his shoulder, her breath likely tickling his eyelashes there.

"And now we get to the real reasons you're staying around. A perfect ass and a good hand in the kitchen. I guess I'll just have to teach you until you know your way around the kitchen. That way if you ever change your mind you won't embarass yourself in front of your next girl."

She'll stay there until he lets her go or says something else, giggling lightly for a while before it finally dies down.

"I don't know why you won't give up on me but... Thank you." her eyes are closed against a fresh bout of tears.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

[Julie & Eric's]

Eric smiles, "I'm stubborn about important things. I get it from my mother," he sets her down and moves into the kitchen to begin cooking something. He's not sure what, but he checks the fridge first. Maybe pancakes? He can do pancakes.

25. - Top - End - #745

Julie & Eric's

"Then I love your mother." Julie gives another giggle before following him into the kitchen.

Most of the ingredients for pancakes are there, along with a startling amount of alcohol Julie hasn't gotten around to getting rid of. Eric might have to subtitute a few things and get adventurous but he should be able to make them from scratch.

While he's at the fridge Julie will duck under one of his arms to grab the carton of eggs, subconciously making sure to rub against his side as much as possible in the act.

Seems she's going for poached eggs this time, unless he has a request.

"Eric? I did a lot of thinking last night... I don't think Maggie is going to keep me on much after this. I'm not entirely sure I want to be kept on either. It will just be him looking for excuses to get rid of me and me blackmailing him when he fails and..." She's got the water on now, and she turns to Eric to give him a turbulent smile.

"And it really won't help your cause any if I'm just going there and doing nasty things to my boss every night. So maybe after this show I'll try something else? You should be fine for a while as head of security. It pays well, and you're too strong for Maggie to give you much hassle."

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

[Julie & Eric's]

"You'd be surprised with what people will put up with," Eric says, mixing the batter for the 'from scratch' pancakes, "And Magtok didn't really seem all that upset with the kidnapping, really. Talk to him, rake in some money, and I'll see what I can do to make sure he's not going to dump you. If he does that, we'll just have to find you more work. Right now though? We're fine as long as I've got a job, which I do."

27. - Top - End - #747

Julie & Eric's

She shakes her head, "I know I can make money there but I'm not sure you would want me to continue doing the things I'd have to do to keep my job with him. I'm just trying to cooperate with this whole plan to make me a better person. I'm not sure how to do it right, but I'm sure what I'm doing now isn't it."

Julie bites her lower lip in thought as the eggs go into the water, "Hey Eric... have you been feeling differently since we swapped back?"

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie & Eric's

"Julie, I don't see the issue there. Dancing is not really much different from working all day at a construction site; You get exhausted, your feet hurt from moving around a lot, and the men ogle the women. That's life, and keeping a job is a lot easier than finding a new one." Eric says as he starts pouring the batter out onto the frying pan.

"But... yeah, I do feel a bit odd. Why?"

29. - Top - End - #749

Julie & Eric's

"It's not the dancing. I love to dance, and get ogled and be the center of attention. But Maggie hates me. And he hates that he can't afford to have me quietly killed in a back alley somewhere because I was the first major stream of revenue his casino got."

"But if I stopped making him money... I think I'd rather quit before it comes to that. It's not what I'm doing on stage, it's the fact that every time I get up there I have to take three trips to his office just to play nice." The eggs come off the stove and, with a bit of fumbling, are slid onto a pair of plates Julie levitates from the cupboard.

When his next question comes Julie has to bite back an instinctive answer, reminding herself to be honest, "While we were out last night I tried to use your powers to loosen up your emotions a little. I didn't get far before the waiter showed up, but what I did get helped keep me from going crazy during the rest of the night." She moves away from the stove so that he can start the pancakes, laying a hand on his shoulder and working at it with her thumb.

"I sort of forgot to switch it back on purpose. I thought you could use a bit more emotion in your life."

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie & Eric's

Eric stops and sort of looks at Julie. He starts to say something, but stops himself, then says something else, "You know that screwing with emotional levels is extremely dangerous, right? People's minds are a careful balance between things, and you throw one thing out of whack and everything else will go crazy. It's why I hadn't done it myself." It doesn't seem like he's upset at Julie. Just worried about what she might have done.