New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480

Thread: [Nexus] Home 9

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 9

[Talnissa's]

"Yep. And besides, it would mean you'd keep your own body. So who knows? They both have benefits that you probably haven't thought of, and the same sort of downsides. It's definitely not a decision to make instantly."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mithar Keep-library

Funny, Cessie's favorite color is also blue, her current dress is however not. It's actually green.

"Interesting, I'll let the elemental get some ham sandwiches for you then. I'm afraid that's the greatest accomplishment of my culinary arts." She says with a faint smile. "Anything to drink?" It should start getting obvious the mage is pregnant by the way considering she's rather thin everywhere expect her stomach.

"But continue with your story, I don't like to stop you."

[Cessie's Head]

Magic isn't weak, it's what makes you, me special. But that's good, everyone have a limit, everyone. You, we still need to find support. Can't be lonely, will go insane. There must be someone, anyone.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara nods...but before she can speak up again, her stomach rumbles.
    "...I think a different decision was just made," she giggles.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Head]

That's right. There has to be someone. Anyone to accept you. Even as you train and come of age you yearn for it. No... for something else. Both. One and the same.

It's your first time for this. Your partner has laughed at you before, but you've learned you can control them. Seduce them. Make them accept you. Make them love you. You know it's false. That they never truly will. Even as the two of you twist, your stomach also twists. Disgusted with the fakeness of it all. But there was something real here. Here you had power. True and total, unabated, unmitigated control. The feeling of pure joy and total acceptance. Each and every time, for just a little while, you're not alone. In those moments, you're accepted and adored by those who would mock you and make you suffer. You exceed those who would never consider you their equals. And as you and your first partner reach the peak of the purest insubstantial acceptance, riding the waves of control and feeling heady from the rush of adoration, all doomed to crash in the morning...

The dreams end and Cessie probably wakes up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-library

"Um, some water would be nice. Okay... the great crash really messed things up, throwing the world into chaos, killing most of the things, magic was pioneered and alternatives to the old technology, the Ullen that were left on the planet were accepted, and other sentient beings... I dunno, apperantly they started popping up. This whole time was the Great Fallout, and it was a long time-no one really knows how long-of everyone fighting to survive."

6. - Top - End - #1446

Julie's Place

Once the others are gone, from the shadows emerges none other than that Positively Peculiar Personage, P. Somehow or other he managed to swap his ridiculous disguise for his usual, more sophisticated burgundy business attire and mask. Quick as a python he darts up the stairs after Julie, wearing a somber and grim expression like a second mask, meant to conceal his absolute jubilance at this whole disaster.

Should he catch her, and I suspect he will with the speed at which he moves, he will politely remove his hat in respect for the dead before speaking. "Ah, miss Julie or mister Jules, as the case may be. Permit me to proffer my most sincere sorrows that such a plight has befallen you and yours."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Julie's Place

She stops on the first landing when she notices his intent to catch up. He may be disingenuous, but maybe she'll accept his words at face value for now.

"And assuming your peculiar arrival is mere happenstance, what do I owe the honor to praytell? Perhaps a pact or pledge you shall purvey upon my personage? It's hardly the time to pervert my particular situation to your own ends Percival. You'd find me more receptive after I'd found a place to bury my lost love." Or maybe she'll cut straight to the point instead. With Justin the little back and forth was distracting and harmless, to a point.

But Julie knows enough to suspect the Pundit plays a more dangerous game. She's on edge for more trickery, a boiling heat held close under her skin and ready to lash out should he prove to be trouble.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Kara nods...but before she can speak up again, her stomach rumbles.
    "...I think a different decision was just made," she giggles.

[Talnissa's]

"It certainly seems that way,"
    she says, reaching for the octopus-thing with her bladed hand. "Let's put the decision into effect as swiftly as we can."

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"I conncur."
    Kara decides to check for drinks while octosnail is chop-chopped!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

More of an octomantis, really. But a strange creature, either way.

In any case, the preparations for frying it are swiftly made, and Kara can find drinks of most sorts fairly easily while they are.

Once the robot is chopping it into the oil, or possibly the batter, since I'm not entirely certain in what manner, exactly, one fries a chitinous, clawed, octopus, she says "This shouldn't take too long, but it will be a bit, so if you want something to snack on in the meantime, there's big container of stuff on the second shelf in the fridge."

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara will select what seem to be non-alcoholic drinks, and pour two tall glasses!
    "Thanks, love."
    Talnissa will get a peck on the cheek, then she'll go to check the second shelf snack supply!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

The drinks not only seem to be, but are, non-alcoholic.

"You're welcome, dear,"
    Talnissa says, smiling at the peck on the cheek.

When she checks the snacks, Kara will find around five pounds of small bits of filled puff pastry.

13. - Top - End - #1453

Julie's Place- Stairs

'Percival' can't stop himself from chuckling slightly at that. How absolutely paranoid these people become, faced with the possibility of being put to death. "Madame, I would much prefer you take a moment to ponder the particulars before making premature imputations upon my honor. I am apparently not here out of predilection for profit, as were I, you'd already have perished, the most propitious path at present being killing you and presenting your corpse to Magtok in hopes of a bounty." He says, raising both hands skyward to show he's holding no weapons, although Julie might notice the pistol concealed in his coat pocket. Or perhaps the very powerful magic aura radiating from it, now that it's no longer disguised by the Politician's magic.

"Similarly, pleasure cannot be my purpose. You know me to be nothing if not polite, and would a polite man not postpone such petitions until your sadly deceased friend is, how do they say, 'cold in the ground'? The only possibility that persists is that I am here to help." With that, the masked man bows most respectfully. And to help is indeed what he intends! Just perhaps not the most helpful of help, but rather of the variety that might well cause more harm in the long run.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara gasps as she discovers...puff pastrys!
    And can't help but promptly pop one in her mouth.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Said pastries are filled with mincemeat, at least on the side of the box Kara nabbed one from.

The robot smiles at her girlfriend's gasp, and looks over at her just in time to see her pop the pastry into her mouth.

"How is it?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-18 at 03:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Surprisingly good," Kara answers with a grin, after she finishes chewing and swallowing of course. "Want one?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1457

Riv's Fortress

"Occam's razor needs actual logic to function and that's in **** short supply round here." Riv scowls, shoving the notepad back into his coat. "Anyway, what with ******* assassins everywhere I hardly have time to deal with you anymore, so, congrats, you're free. I'll be sending you back with two of my guards, to make sure you stick to those few little conditions we agreed on. And you'll get invisible-girls corpse when the tests are done."

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riv's Fortress]

Rael glares, quills rippling.

"That wasn't the arrangement, I'm afraid. You agreed that she didn't need to die, so long as she was tested. Not that there's much I can do about it at this point, admittedly, since I rather doubt your guards are being paid, or at least that that's the main reason they stay, and thus they probably would kill me even if you were dead and couldn't keep doing so. But I can make sure that every fleshcrafter in the Nexus finds out you don't hold to your agreements, so that next time your little creations break down, finding someone to put them back in order is going to be very, very, hard."

[Talnissa's]

"Sure!"
    , the robot says, grinning, and setting the octomantis that she's chopped to frying.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-18 at 05:04 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Julie's Place- Stairs

'Percival' can't stop himself from chuckling slightly at that. How absolutely paranoid these people become, faced with the possibility of being put to death. "Madame, I would much prefer you take a moment to ponder the particulars before making premature imputations upon my honor. I am apparently not here out of predilection for profit, as were I, you'd already have perished, the most propitious path at present being killing you and presenting your corpse to Magtok in hopes of a bounty." He says, raising both hands skyward to show he's holding no weapons, although Julie might notice the pistol concealed in his coat pocket. Or perhaps the very powerful magic aura radiating from it, now that it's no longer disguised by the Politician's magic.

"Similarly, pleasure cannot be my purpose. You know me to be nothing if not polite, and would a polite man not postpone such petitions until your sadly deceased friend is, how do they say, 'cold in the ground'? The only possibility that persists is that I am here to help." With that, the masked man bows most respectfully. And to help is indeed what he intends! Just perhaps not the most helpful of help, but rather of the variety that might well cause more harm in the long run.
    Julie's Place

Julie shakes her head, an amused smirk playing across her features despite herself, "The liar's game suits you so well dear politician. I applaud your persistance in keeping up the charade but do realise what you're dealing with. I may be retired, but now that Eric isn't here to stop me there's hardly anything keeping me from taking up my old mantle."

The succubus negligently raises a hand to her lips, drawing a fingernail down in a way the leaves a light cut. A drop of blood wells up and begins to hiss and steam, sending curls of smoke playing over her face.

The exagerrated motion tries to draw the Pundit's eyes to her face, "I'm amazed you believe that you could put me down with that tinkertoy of yours. A puny pistol? Perhaps a P...P...K? Pathetic. You came here for your own amusement, not to any benefit of mine. What's more you expect to twist a wicked deal out of me like a petulant djinn trapped in purgatory."

Julie's lust aura, previously hidden by her grief and rage, ramps up to full and focuses on a point near the base of the Pundit's spine. It should cause any normal man's glands to work overtime producing hormones, and his nerves to be unresponsive to his commands. An old succubus trick for inducing sleep paralysis through lust alone.

"But I've played chess and other games with death, and you've caught me in a bit of a bind. Why don't you give me a card, no strings attached. If I ever have need of you then I'm sure we'll make good use of each other." Her voice is carefully modulated to make this sound like the most reasonable course of action.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #1460

[Cessie's Head]

And this have to wait until Harnel returns.

[Mithar Keep-library]

"Fascinating, so your kind," She gestures towards the ears, "Are the natives then? It sounds like your world gone through a great deal of planar chaos. Are these planar jumps a common occurrence? I'm guessing not since you seem so surprised."

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-library

"Huh? Actually, no. The humans were the first race. Felinoids, like me, came around during the Great Fallout, along side the immortals and other beings. We all have equal rights, though. The Great Fallout was a long time ago. Since then, we've had the Great Rebuilding, and several nations have cropped up. I don't know anything about planar disturbances, I was going to take a class on magic theory later. I've never heard of... planar jumps, no."

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"Sure!"
    , the robot says, grinning, and setting the octomantis that she's chopped to frying.
    Kara grins back, and leans over with one of the pastries in her hand.
    Trying to feed it to Talnissa!

The d'awwwpocalypse approaches a little closer.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara is quite successful in feeding the pastry to Talnissa.

Who, after finishing it, smiles at her, and says "Thanks, love."

24. - Top - End - #1464

[Mithar Keep-library]

"So more then one race, like my plane." Cessie says thoughtfully as the elemental returns with some sandwiches and two glasses of water.
    "Do you know any of this 'magic' yourself?" She then asks, sipping some water from the glass, restraining herself from eating that sandwich the instance she saw it. She was hungry again, curse this pregnancy.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-library

"No, I- ooh, one moment, please!"

She proceeds to devour the sandwich quickly. She obviously has a lot of experience eating quickly in polite company, because despite her speed she isn't messy or rude. And by quickly I mean in under three seconds.

Girl really needs to eat more, anyway. Looking at her... she's probably about 80 pounds. She's dangerously underweight.

She sips her water. "I don't know any magic, no. I tested 1.3 on the magic aptitude test, out of 10 needed to do wizardry. I got 1.8 out of 15 on psionics, too. Average magic aptitude is 2.5, average psionics is .7. Psions are very, very rare."

26. - Top - End - #1466

Mithar Keep-library

That was fast.
    Cessie looks a bit surprised at Kirin but don't let it show to much as she take her own sandwich and eats is lowly even if she rather devour it at the same speed as the cat girl just had.

"I'm afraid those numbers don't mean anything to me Kirin but it's an interesting way of measuring things. I think my own university could take lessons from that." Cessie replies. "Psion is like a different source of energy I suppose? We have eldritch, aether and terrestrial energy."

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-library

Kirin shrugs.

"Not entirely sure of the finer points. Psychic energy is literally where your mind is strong enough to do things by willing it. Magic is usage of some kind of background energy or something? I haven't taken the magic theory class yet."

She thinks for a moment.

"Energy from the land, the sky... and from other beings? Interesting. Um, anything else you want to know? It's the least I can do for your hospitality."

28. - Top - End - #1468

Mithar Keep-library

"Actually, from what I understand it, the spirit world was belived to be in the sky, hence 'aether', we call it 'spirit energy' usually. Terrestrial energy is the kind of energy we use every day. Like movement and so on. Eldritch is all energy summoned from the elemental realms." Cessie explains briefly.

"In any case, while you're in the nexus you might notice that things are pretty different. I should probably try to help you fit in, it can be pretty hard for those who just arrived." She offers. "We could talk if over dinner."

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

Kara is quite successful in feeding the pastry to Talnissa.

Who, after finishing it, smiles at her, and says "Thanks, love."
    And Kara leans up to give Talnissa a kiss on the cheek.
    Before setting about arranging thing for the meal! Or, at least, trying to...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa's smile widens at the kiss on the cheek, though, unlike normal, she doesn't make much other response, focusing on the food.

Kara should be able to find plates, utensils, and other such things fairly easily, especially since Talnissa will point out where things are if it seems necessary, and the food should be done, just about the time that the human has finished setting things up, so the robot can likely begin serving immediately.