New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Skyrim II: A Dragon A Day Keeps The Draugr At Bay

Continue here!!

Let's go with a nifty question to fire this up: what was your most immersive game moment?

Me, it was being lifted in the sky by Meridia, to talk to her one on one. There was something divine/messianic there. She taken me into her hands, and gently put me back..
    Last edited by Gaius Marius; 2011-11-17 at 09:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim II: We Come From The Land of Ice and Snow

We've got, like, ten page left in the other thread dude.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

My most immersion-breaking moment was being hit by a giant's club and was sent cartwheeling into the air at escape velocity.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post
    We've got, like, ten page left in the other thread dude.
    Wait, what?

It's not 40 pages?

*headdesk*

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
    Wait, what?

It's not 40 pages?

*headdesk*
    No, new threads are at 50 pages.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    No, new threads are at 50 pages.
    If we work hard, we can add 9 pages to the 1st thread in a few hours :-)

7. - Top - End - #7

the solution is to invalidate the other option? now that's logic I can get behind!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

If we work hard, we can add 9 pages to the 1st thread in a few hours :-)
    I, for one, like this option .
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I know I'm looking for answers to my big question: If you join a guild that requires you to do criminal acts (the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood) while part of a non-criminal guild like the Imperial Legion or the College of Winterhold, do you get kicked out of non-criminal guilds if during a quest for a criminal guild you are caught in the act? I know that in Oblivion I killed some Daedra worshippers only to learn they were Mage Guild members when I was kicked out of the Mage's Guild for assaulting them. Hence I did criminal guilds early, to get my criminal history out of the way and then get back on the straight and narrow. Once I was at the top of the guild, I didn't need to really worry about committing crimes, since I generally didn't steal or murder unless it was necessary to proceed.

Also, if you join the Legion or the Stormcloaks:

Spoiler
    Show
    You'll lead an attack on one of Skyrim's cities, which one depending on your affiliation. Will you still be able to do local quests in the attacked city after the faction questline is over, or should you do those first before the place is destroyed?

It's like Fallout New Vegas where I was trying to juggle each faction so I could maximize quests without barring myself from access to anything.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2011-11-16 at 12:52 AM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Well I have not gotten very far; I am not even done with the first part of the main quest yet.

However I am getting good with the bow; I can hit things so far away that their heads are as big as the dot in the middle of the sneak symbol... I can't wait to get the perk that allows me to zoom.

Anyway, my favorite moments so far are two: The first one is the one where the intro dragon slams through the wall, that seriously freaked me out the first time I saw it, and the second one was simply the wildlife. Not the wolves or bears, but the birds in the sky or the deer and elk.

I am also glad to say that checking the box in the options for FXAA really helped. No more jagged edges..

Oh and character build tips?

My simple plan is to increase stats according to this pattern: Stamina - Health - Stamina - Health - Magicka (since I only use magic as a backup and for underhanded stuff, like Rage).

My perks so far is Overdraw rank 1, Stealth Rank 1. The next two will be in the fields of One-Handed and Lockpicking.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I just finished getting my destruction to 100 with boosts from the Destruction trainer in the College of Winterhold....that was a job and a half. I'm thinking next will be Restoration. I really like the perks in Restoration that up my mana regen.

Mind you, going through the Thieves guild at this point is a pain in the butt, my sneaking and lockpicking are really trash. I really want to restore the Guild to it's former glory.

Heh, Skyrim is so fun.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

Man after about lvl 25 every now and then i come up against electromancers that literally one shots me.

Im playing a sword and board type with 300+ health but some of these mages just rip me in half in like 3 seconds.
    Aside from "have fun", i think the key to GMing is putting your players into situations where they need to make a choice that has no perfect outcome available. They will hate you for it, but they will be back at the table session after session.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I want this game so much, but I can't get it until christmas...
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I never had problems with storm mages, they don't bother me and I'm a freakin' mage. Ice Mages make me want to pull my hair out. The only think I hate more then an Ice Mage is a Falmar Shaman....sooooo annoying.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    I never had problems with storm mages, they don't bother me and I'm a freakin' mage. Ice Mages make me want to pull my hair out. The only think I hate more then an Ice Mage is a Falmar Shaman....sooooo annoying.
    Yeah ice mages can be SoB's but at least it takes them 3 shots to kill me. Stormmages don't bother me it is specifically the Electromancers.
    Aside from "have fun", i think the key to GMing is putting your players into situations where they need to make a choice that has no perfect outcome available. They will hate you for it, but they will be back at the table session after session.

17. - Top - End - #17

OldWizardGuy

At the Kilkreath Ruins I'm experiencing a glitch.

I've already completed the
    Spoiler
    Show
    break of dawn quest
    , and right next to the
    Spoiler
    Show
    temple there is a dragon wall with a dragon shout on it. My problem is that I walk up to the wall and hear the sounds for getting a shout, but no word lights up, and no matter how close I go to the wall, I can't get the shout... Help?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaun View Post
    Yeah ice mages can be SoB's but at least it takes them 3 shots to kill me. Stormmages don't bother me it is specifically the Electromancers.
    Haven't ran into one of those, I'm looking forward to it scene I just reached level 34 and challenges are getting more rare. I do love fighting Ice Dragons, they are challenging if I don't use Dragonrend.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Continue here!!

Let's go with a nifty question to fire this up: what was your most immersive game moment?

Me, it was being lifted in the sky by Meridia, to talk to her one on one. There was something divine/messianic there. She taken me into her hands, and gently put me back..
    I had just fast-travelled to Whiterun and a dragon showed up in the city. Myself and Lydia and the rest of the guard, as well as a couple townsfolk kicked it's tail. It died right inside the front gate. And from what I've noticed, dragon skeletons don't go away. So every time I walk into town, the dead dragon is right there, 10 feet from the gates. It's fricken' awesome. Too bad the guards don't say anything about killing it though...
    Last edited by agentnone; 2011-11-17 at 05:07 AM.
    "For pony!"

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    but the birds in the sky or the deer and elk.
    dont forget to shoot the birdies out of the sky, they have alchemy reagents

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Parra View Post
    dont forget to shoot the birdies out of the sky, they have alchemy reagents
    Did not know that. Man, that's awesome. But I suck with a bow. Maybe I can cook them with fire spells or something....
    "For pony!"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

By Talos, the Nightmare Child!

Spoiler
    Show

Kid, I think you have more to worry about than sweetrolls.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by agentnone View Post
    Did not know that. Man, that's awesome. But I suck with a bow. Maybe I can cook them with fire spells or something....
    I found out when I was doing something similar to Avilan, I was just taking a moment to watch the mundane wildlife. I saw a Hawk of some kind that had been circling land in a nearby tree. Out pops the bow and down falls a Hawk.

Im loving the attention to detail in this game. It does still fall into some of the old traps, most noticable in the pathing AI for Large Creatures gets messed up by fairly small things (makes kiting easier tho) but small details like this more than make up for it imo

edit:
    I do have a question though about enchanting. In Oblivion I was unable to enchance arrows. Can you enchant them in Skyrim?
    I havent seen them as an option on the enchanting list. So I guess its only the bow you enchant and it gives that effect to the arrows
    Last edited by Parra; 2011-11-17 at 05:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I havent seen them as an option on the enchanting list. So I guess its only the bow you enchant and it gives that effect to the arrows
    Dang. That sucks. I always wanted to enchant my own arrows in Oblivion since buying magical ones was expensive as all hell. Figured in this one I could make an ice bow with fire arrows or something. Not only slow down casters and charging warriors, but burn them from a distance as well. Oh well, I think there's a perk that lets you double up on enchantments. Guess I could always do that.
    "For pony!"

25. - Top - End - #25

Yes youcan buff up your enchanting enough you can make a Fire & Ice bow.
    I think its the top Enchanting perk (or a very high up one) that allows you to put 2 enchants on each item
    Last edited by Parra; 2011-11-17 at 05:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Yes youcan buff up your enchanting enough you can make a Fire & Ice bow.
    I think its the top Enchanting perk (or a very high up one) that allows you to put 2 enchants on each item
    Sweetness. Guess I'm gonna have to start focusing on enchanting for a few levels to get there. Got a lot of work to do now. While on the subject, lightning. Does it drain magicka or stamina? I can't remember and don't encounter it very often.
    "For pony!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Sweetness. Guess I'm gonna have to start focusing on enchanting for a few levels to get there. Got a lot of work to do now. While on the subject, lightning. Does it drain magicka or stamina? I can't remember and don't encounter it very often.
    Magica. Which is why the only times I use Sparks now (at low levels) instead of fire is on enemies throwing magic at me. Otherwise since I use a weapon fire is better, since it increases the damage dealt by the weapon as long as the object is on fire.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

28. - Top - End - #28

Im using the lighting spells route at the moment (Im lvl 25) even though its slightly more magika cost intensive for one reason; Travel time of the shot.
    I had wanted to use more fire spells, cause everything gets better with more fire, but I started getting annoyed that the Firebolt shots would miss at the last second because the target twitched slightly.

Near instant shot travel time for Lightning is making it my go-to spell at the moment.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Good to know. I'll have to find that spell then. Enemy fire mages have been giving me hell for awhile now and I could definitely use that to help even things out. I'm playing a sword-n-board heavy armor warrior type so fighting casters is hard sometimes. Working on getting the block perk that lets me charge with the shield up, so that should help some but lightning spells will help until then.
    "For pony!"

30. - Top - End - #30

Does the Block skill help to prevent magic damage as well as physical?