New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (Monster Minis!) The OotS-Style Monster Manual Art Project

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Could use a bit more detail, but here:

<latest drider drawing>
    Couple of questions: Is there a reason it's only got 7 spider legs? Is the last one just hidden by its body?

Also, how/where is this thing standing? I'm having a hard time mentally drawing the line where the ground would be.

That being said, it's a pretty great monster! I like the expression, and the over-all shape is great! Keep up the good work!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

The pose is actually copied from a picture i found on google. I have no idea how it's standing either. It's probably jumping or hanging from a thread.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

I've got some Gith and a Tembo in my portfolio now that I'll be posting up tomorrow.

DM
    Terenuri: Map IC IC2 OOC3

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Here's the latest from my Dark Sun campaign.

Giths
    Spoiler
    Show

Tembo - inspired by Dakaran's kitties on http://iheartprintandplay.com/
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Meltheim; 2014-02-19 at 12:16 PM.

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Me like, Meltheim.

Does the art upgrade mean we have to re-do all our old monsters, though?
    “But he had not that supreme gift of the artist, the knowledge of when to stop.”

—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, “The Adventure of the Norwood Builder” in The Return of Sherlock Holmes.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Got some Sahuagin/Fish-men of Dagon to share this time around! Pre and Post transformation.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Meltheim; 2014-05-18 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spoilerizing

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

I posted these originally on the OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase VI, but I think they apply here. I made these for a D&D campaign I'm running.

Direboar:

Angel of Valor:

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaariane View Post
    I posted these originally on the OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase VI, but I think they apply here. I made these for a D&D campaign I'm running.

Direboar:

Angel of Valor:
    Love these!

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

I've made a whole bunch of OotS-style paper minis, but I'm not sure if I can show them here. I made them by taking different parts of the drawings from A Monster For Every Season and putting them together and recoloring them( for example, I made a bullywug by grafting a toad's head onto the body of a locathah). Is that okay to share online, or would that be a violation?
    Last edited by Fralex; 2014-09-13 at 12:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    I've made a whole bunch of OotS-style paper minis, but I'm not sure if I can show them here. I made them by taking different parts of the drawings from A Monster For Every Season and putting them together and recoloring them( for example, I made a bullywug by grafting a toad's head onto the body of a locathah). Is that okay to share online, or would that be a violation?
    I'd recommend sharing them with The Giant first, maybe in a PM, and see what he thinks. Much beyond that would probably be legal advice, which (even though I'm not at all qualified) shouldn't be given on the forum.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

I have some minis that I use in my games, that I am not sure if I should post or not.

Mainly by using existing minis, I to some degree, and my lady friend even more so, have made alterations or improvements.

For example, I took a hobgoblin made by someone else and traced over it using a vector image program, so that its not so pixelated anymore.

I have no idea who the original artists are of the things I've been using, they come from so many different sources and I havnt kept track.

Should I post them? Maybe post them along with the original that I used as a base?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Brail View Post
    I have some minis that I use in my games, that I am not sure if I should post or not.

Mainly by using existing minis, I to some degree, and my lady friend even more so, have made alterations or improvements.

For example, I took a hobgoblin made by someone else and traced over it using a vector image program, so that its not so pixelated anymore.

I have no idea who the original artists are of the things I've been using, they come from so many different sources and I havnt kept track.

Should I post them? Maybe post them along with the original that I used as a base?
    Hm, that's kind of a tough/gray question. Do you happen to know the source for some of the minis you modified, or do you not know any of them? It also probably depends on how much modification you did. Like is it pretty much the exact same image since you traced it or did you use that as a base and make a variety of other changes as well?
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dakaran View Post
    Hm, that's kind of a tough/gray question. Do you happen to know the source for some of the minis you modified, or do you not know any of them? It also probably depends on how much modification you did. Like is it pretty much the exact same image since you traced it or did you use that as a base and make a variety of other changes as well?

Some are from this thread, some are from google images from this site or from deviant art, etc. Some of them I have sources on, some of them I dont.

They are mostly the same image since they were traced, though often with slight variations.
    For example, the Eladrin Mage mini from the first page in this thread, my lady friend didnt trace it but used it as a base, redrew it almost exactly as is except higher quality image (as in, far less pixelated, using vector thingy so you can resize to any degree without loss of quality)
    But she removed the staff and hand glow, and (at my request) made his skin, hair, and clothes different colors to be more fitting with a necromancer rather than a standard mage.

So like... Same body shape, but redone to be a less pixelated image, and with a different color scheme?

I also have been tracing over the Avatar Bulder template thingy which google says is by Gorbash Kazdar. With these I am outright tracing them for the most part, some slight modifications (for example, rounding some flat surfaces, sharpening points,etc) but my versions wouldnt exist without the initial copying of his.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brail View Post
    Some are from this thread, some are from google images from this site or from deviant art, etc. Some of them I have sources on, some of them I dont.

They are mostly the same image since they were traced, though often with slight variations.
    For example, the Eladrin Mage mini from the first page in this thread, my lady friend didnt trace it but used it as a base, redrew it almost exactly as is except higher quality image (as in, far less pixelated, using vector thingy so you can resize to any degree without loss of quality)
    But she removed the staff and hand glow, and (at my request) made his skin, hair, and clothes different colors to be more fitting with a necromancer rather than a standard mage.

So like... Same body shape, but redone to be a less pixelated image, and with a different color scheme?

I also have been tracing over the Avatar Bulder template thingy which google says is by Gorbash Kazdar. With these I am outright tracing them for the most part, some slight modifications (for example, rounding some flat surfaces, sharpening points,etc) but my versions wouldnt exist without the initial copying of his.
    So, my Eladrin Mage? Lol if you want the vectors just PM me and I will send them to you! No need to trace

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay! So here is a token my lady friend made for me!
    As mentioned in my previous post, this one, along with ones I will be posting in the future, many of them were made by using someone elses work as a base, and either redraw them or outright trace them, and then make alterations such as weapons,skin tone,etc.

So here is my Eladrin/Elven Necromancer, Thaele Duskwalker,aka the Ghostcaller. He is based off of Meltheim's Eladrin Mage, with some fairly significant changes. For example, Thaele carries a bag full of ghosts.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/membe...61495-Meltheim to see the original artist!

Spoiler: The Ghostcaller
    Show

And in case you want any of the pieces but dont like the thing as a whole...

Spoiler: With Separate Accesories
    Show

Will post more as I get them finished up,if people are interested.
    Last edited by Brail; 2014-10-22 at 09:51 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

very cool!

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

Two more for you. These guys are based off of A Rainy Knights work. For the most part they are just traced, bit of recolor. I made the symbol of Thorm and the hammer myself though, so thats something I guess.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/membe...A-Rainy-Knight original artist.

Spoiler: Red Thorm Guard
    Show

Spoiler: Blue Spear Guard
    Show
    Last edited by Brail; 2014-11-05 at 12:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltheim View Post
    Few more to add - for some upcoming encounters.

Deathjump Spider
    Spoiler
    Show

Spider Swarm
    Spoiler
    Show

Goliath Sunspeaker
    Spoiler
    Show

Goliath Guardian
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, I finally got to the encounter that uses these characters. I know online play is slow, but that is glacial!

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Piercer
    Spoiler
    Show

Galeb Duhr (w textures)
    Spoiler
    Show

DM

RP Characters
    Geth - Elf Monk

20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nice! I really like the piercer!
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature