New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Hey, we've all been there. Don't sweat it.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Wait, you can delete a post?!?
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ok, why are we so dead? I've been checking the forums every few days since, uh, last year. Very little has happened, and even for me, a guy in high school with a job, this is a slow time of year for me. Do people actually plan on getting back on any time soon? I apologize if I sound upset, I just really enjoy playing with everyone, and I'd rather not stop.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

So is he okay?
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

I apologize for my own failure to respond, but frankly besides Reikiku none of my characters can do much about plot stoppage. But it seems like this game has died. It saddens me, since I was really liking the characters I had.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

It saddens me as well. I put a lot of thought into the characters I made. I hope I will be able to find another use for them somewhere else.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Seems to me like a lot of the "big movers" are out. I've been trying to use my characters to move as much of the game as I'm involved in, but short of going overboard on overstepping my character's boundaries there isn't much I can do.

Can someone help me check on the status of Kayne, Frozen_Feet, Strawberryman, Sucrose, Nicklance and other players?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Alas, none of my characters are in a position to move the plot forward as is. I'm still waiting for Riccaru, horngeek & co to continue Ep. 11.

I have no idea of Kayne or Sucrose. Nicklance, I think would return to the game, but he's stuck waiting as well (the last I checked, anyway). Strawberryman, from what I've discussed with him, doesn't feel too enthusiastic of the game anymore.

It's been long enough that I don't really remember what things were supposed to happen, but Hueco Mundo plot is stalled because riccaru ceased to post, and I feel Callos won't make a comeback anymore either. Without Kayne, the Samsara plot isn't going to advance. Without strawberry, Soul Society will stagnate as well.

I'd not be against taking a more prominent role myself again to drive the plot forward, but to do that I'd need to a) know who are still willing to play and b) get to finish Ep. 11. Mainly because Elder is only one of my many characters who could really serve as a central antagonist for Soul Society and Mortal World, and she's stuck in limbo as long as Ep. 11. is.

If Draken shows up, I can use Lalita and Hannibal to drive Hueco Mundo plot forward, but I don't really know what direction people want that one to go...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Im still around...but all of my characters are basically stuck without being able to move anything forward.

I have tried to continue my episode plot alone, but it is tough, but im not giving up

with all the potential loss of other characters, unless we NPC them wont something big have to happen to justify continuing on?

A time skip could solve it too i guess. Might give us a chance to restructure a little and leave some unanswered questions or plots to be finished at their leisure.

The only way i see this as continuing is knowing who will play and then doing our best to make a line in the sand and move on. We wont be able to be kind to all the old plots that fizzled as the continuance of the game seems like it should be for those who are willing to play.

I also think getting a solid list of people will commit to being active would be nice. Not that we would have to put a time commitment or something, but maybe like posting twice a week?

Who do we have so far?:

HirokatsuGoto (me)
    Frozen
    Kuro
    CMOT
    TGVA
    Keveak
    Draken
    Maximus

Is that accurate so far?

(updated)

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Depending on how many players return, it'd be easiest to skip few months ahead and focus on remaining characters, disregarding those left off-screen as much as possible.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

I have not been too involved with the game, but I am most certainly willing to play.

I have no idea how to move Ep. 11, unless it is possible to skip ahead or contact those who are missing and ask what their characters will do, are either possible?

EDIT: I should really post faster if I wish to avoid being ninja'd. ^_^'
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-02-13 at 12:02 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm here, had stopped checking for a few weeks due to... Uh... Skyrim, mainly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've been here, just not posted

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

I am checking this everyday, even with as little movement as there seems to be.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still here.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

I can throw a minor plot at the kids for a little while (not a lot of fighting, mostly introspection though there'd probably be random nameless Hollows involved) while we work on other stuff if we decide that is necessary.

If necessary, since I have no characters at all in Hueco Mundo, if someone tells me something that might be a good idea I can run something antagonistic there.

In theory Taiki could do something/anything. In reality I don't have any real plans to move any plots forward in Sereitei.

17. - Top - End - #287

Still here, just everytime I hit refresh I saw "Kuroi, KD, Kuroi, TGVA, Kuroi" and thought we were dead.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm here and same thing as Terry. I'm still willing to play. After all, Jiro still has to surpass the Spirit King, Kyoki still has to deal with her new psycotic Espada commander, and Chase and Koga still have to be proper introduced to the mortal gang and get involved.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    I'm here and same thing as Terry. I'm still willing to play. After all, Jiro still has to surpass the Spirit King, Kyoki still has to deal with her new psycotic Espada commander, and Chase and Koga still have to be proper introduced to the mortal gang and get involved.
    I thought Jiro was done with that nonsense after Kazuma beat him down like a redheaded bastard stepchild?
    Still here, just everytime I hit refresh I saw "Kuroi, KD, Kuroi, TGVA, Kuroi" and thought we were dead.
    Join the zombies, dude. Join the zombies.

PLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

Well...let's see...

Silva is stuck in Episode 11.

Alysha is free in Soul Society. I think.

And last I checked, Ivaz was stuck at the fight between Ruwa and Mei in Hueco Mundo.

I haven't checked any of those in a little while, but the two stuck characters have been stuck for quite some time.

And no, I'm not leaving this. I like it too much.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

To put it simply, we need something to defibrilate this game. Ideally, a number of small plots instead of one involving multiple characters (we've seen how slow those can get).

We could use Gaiden episodes so continuity doesn't become an issue (and so we don't have to depend on anyone who's not here to get their characters "unstuck"). It's not ideal, but it should enable us to breathe some life into this game for at least a month or so, and that should call back the players who have been a little vanished.

Let's hear some plot suggestions now. My PM box is also open if anyone wants to offer plot ideas with twists they'd rather others not hear immediately.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

A character I posted in this OoC thread with the ability to seal away people's powers so long as they are willing could easily be the catalyst for mini-plots where every Mortal World kid has to decide whether they want to do that or not. For some it might be easier, for others it might be harder. They'd probably get into smaller groups for the actual deciding parts, and it wouldn't be dependent on any one character doing any one thing (since I assume no one would actually end up not wanting their powers).

Taiki could return as Captain and call a 10th Division training exercise.

Any Shinigami character who isn't a Captain could attempt to get promoted.

Assuming horngeek is willing, we could flashback to Taiki and Natsuko's wedding.

We could flashback to the death of Taiki's friend at the hands of the Vizard.

What we're doing with Kazuma and Reikiku (I apologize for not really responding much recently by the way, school and maintaining my friendships has been kicking my ass lately).

Kina could go meet her parents.

Armin could try to assassinate someone. Anyone, really.

Two characters who haven't met before could meet and go on an adventure of some sort. I can imagine two lower-seated Shinigami meeting and then being attacked by Hollows.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-02-13 at 09:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    To put it simply, we need something to defibrilate this game. Ideally, a number of small plots instead of one involving multiple characters (we've seen how slow those can get).

We could use Gaiden episodes so continuity doesn't become an issue (and so we don't have to depend on anyone who's not here to get their characters "unstuck"). It's not ideal, but it should enable us to breathe some life into this game for at least a month or so, and that should call back the players who have been a little vanished.

Let's hear some plot suggestions now. My PM box is also open if anyone wants to offer plot ideas with twists they'd rather others not hear immediately.
    Gaiden idea sounds good, but I don't think it would really bring this back to life. Mostly because it wouldn't really be addressing the "stuck" issues.

Don't get me wrong. If one was getting started, I'd probably jump right in. I just don't think it'd solve anything.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Gaiden idea sounds good, but I don't think it would really bring this back to life. Mostly because it wouldn't really be addressing the "stuck" issues.

Don't get me wrong. If one was getting started, I'd probably jump right in. I just don't think it'd solve anything.
    It's not a solution per se, but more of a "fix". The fact is, if the other players don't return, we'll have to do some drastic plot restructuring. For starters, both Seireitei and Hueco Mundo would be out a bunch of major characters, which isn't good when we want to get plots rolling.

The idea is to get the ball rolling so the other players come back. Notice how a lot of people responded with "I'm still here, but the game looks dead so I didn't say anything"? The idea is to address that.

But until we get some definite "I'm sorry, but we're not playing this game anymore" from the currently absent players, I'd like to avoid making any major changes to the current storyline. If nothing else as a sign of respect.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Fair enough.

Course, I have no plot ideas to contribute. But, if you need somebody to play, I'm in.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

The only thing is that pretty much all my SS characters are involved in some meeting that Strawberry called and never moved forward on it.

Even if i wanted to do something with them i am basically stuck, unless we do some weird time skips to go back in time.

Ive been wanting to move my 9th Acting Captain into the Captain spot, but again it would be waiting on Strawberry ultimately.

My human is free but no one has seemed interested in doing anything with him even when he was around more.

My Hueco character isnt doing anything, but im not sure what to do with him.
    --------------------

I understand that we dont want to disrespect the people that havent been here in a while, but at what point do we continue the game for those who are active? I would love to get everyone back involved as they are all good Rpers, but id rather sacrifice inactive people rather than sacrifice the game for everyone else.

Just in the last day we have had more activity in this thread than we have had since 2011, so i think there is interested people who want to be active. Maybe a time skip of 1year, or something significant would allow us to make drastic changes in order to allow for more freedom in new plots and not be sucked into waiting.

I think Gaiden episodes could work as a short term solution, but im not sure i agree on doing lots of little plots to get things going again.

IMO i think a plot that involved all the people who are expressing their interest in being active might work. Perhaps even each of them making a new character for it.

Here is a suggestion for a plot:

-How about a healthy number of people make new characters, all Shinigami students in the Academy. School days in the Seretei with very low powered Shinigami characters. Maybe they are last year students in the Academy. We could have already established characters show up as teachers or tutors or just cameos, so we dont forget the other characters. As the students are late in their studies they would even get a chance to go to the real world for a training mission or two. No Shikai or Bankai, just low level Kido and basic techniques. It would all ultimately move towards graduation and Division assignment, and their Zanpaktuo name.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

I swear my post killed episode 11

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post

Here is a suggestion for a plot:

-How about a healthy number of people make new characters, all Shinigami students in the Academy. School days in the Seretei with very low powered Shinigami characters. Maybe they are last year students in the Academy. We could have already established characters show up as teachers or tutors or just cameos, so we dont forget the other characters. As the students are late in their studies they would even get a chance to go to the real world for a training mission or two. No Shikai or Bankai, just low level Kido and basic techniques. It would all ultimately move towards graduation and Division assignment, and their Zanpaktuo name.
    That...actually sounds like a good idea. A little something to get stuff rolling again. I support this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

I have no desire to create new characters.

The only reason my characters aren't doing anything is that nothing is going on and none of my characters, except Taiki, can really create their own plots.

I express distress in the suggestion that we should make a plot that involves everyone currently expressing interest in the game. The last time we made a plot involving 10 people it took 2 months to resolve a single day's events game-time. That is kinda unacceptable.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-02-13 at 10:48 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I don't have the energy for playing all my current characters, let alone making new ones.

Frankly, seeing as several people who were in plots I am involved in have effectively left, I'm stuck in limbo.

Oh, and unlike some of you slackers, I'm working 50+hr weeks, 6 days a week, and trying to squeeze in a social life and one or two other gaming sites in.

Frankly, the luster from this game has faded, mostly due to pacing.
    But also because I'm not sure what I want from it anymore.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune