New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

I went ahead and gave Rouga a match-up. =P
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Is Yaago particularly powerful? Cause if he is maybe Kyoki and Rouga can team up against him? If not I guess I'll find someone else for her to fight.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks Goto, I'll be posting if not later today then definitely tomorrow.

Edit: If Vice-Captains were at the Captain's meeting, Aya could be there, Nicklance. Up to you.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-03-01 at 11:58 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #394
    Pixie in the Playground

I never really thought of Yaago as either powerful or not powerful..i always thought he was upper echelon for Fraccion as he was Genoveva's Fraccion when she was Primera. And that he was tolerated by her made me think she respected him at least to some degree, so i figured that came from some sort of power he held, as well as his devotion to her.

I could have him fight whomever, id prefer for him not to die, but that's about it.

As for him leading the assault on Las Noches... i never thought of him as a leader...but perhaps his blood lust might get people to back him a little...kinda like a barbarian horde following the most cruel of them.

You can read about him and let me know your thoughts.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay I get it now. Rouga is fighting someone named Hannibal, not Yaago. Hmm, well looking at Yaago's information a brawl between him and Kyoki would be interesting at the least as both of them use their blood as a weapon. Of course if you don't want to you don't have to. Plus yeah I would think that your idea about barbarians following the cruelest and bloodiest of them is very accurate according to what I read.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm pretty sure "barbarians" (read: people who city-folk thought were weird and "un-civilized") didn't just follow the "cruelest" leader.
    Or rather, by and large the groups that the likes of Rome and Constantinople classified as "barbarians" were nowhere near that simplistic.

Certainly Genghis Khan was actually an intelligent, capable leader of men who held his position because he got stuff done, not because he was a vicious mofo (though he was kind of a vicious mofo).

Point being, broad statements like that are rather misleading.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #397
    Pixie in the Playground

i used the terms "kinda like" meaning "in a sense" or "in some way", i never said all "barbarians" are that way...i only placed the description as a means to convey the concept, not make a general statement on the term as one that would have semantic consequences from here out

i think the the broad stroked metaphor was fine at illustrating the sensibility of what i was trying to convey as a potential idea or reasoning base.

that it may be based in non-factual or non-historical roots is besides the point.

while i have no doubt were all labeled barbarians were not led by the "cruelest", i do however imagine that a few of them "did" lead in a way that many would describe as "cruel"... broad strokes in the other direction are just as much a misnomer.

Being identified as a barbarian is how the term seems to be used, i doubt many people refer to themselves as barbarians. As "I" was the one identifying the potential concept and idea. "I" was the one identifying the potential activity as barbaric and thus my subjective opinion of the matter holds precedence IMO

i described it as an easy to digest explanation of the concept...and as this is a fantasy realm i chose the description base off of fantasy-lore not with historical accuracy in mind

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

While historical barbarians are interesting, I'm a bit puzzled why you are getting so pedantic about such a tangential comment. o.O

But others following Yaago because he's the biggest and baddest fits fairly well with the kind of followers Genoveva was trying to attract. I do think it'd be possible.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    While historical barbarians are interesting, I'm a bit puzzled why you are getting so pedantic about such a tangential comment. o.O
    1.)The suggestion that it was somehow actually historically accurate vis a vis what AnimeKid said, when it's not really.
    2.)We should always strive to be factual, truthful, and accurate when we speak, especially if stating something as a fact.
    3.)I'm pretty sure a fair number of those "barbarians" on a couple continents are my ancestors.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Bah, that amount of political correctness it makes my stomach hurt.

From one thing to potted plants, what's the deal with Privaron Primera (Genoveva's predecessor) right now? I recall her chamber was sealed off the Pits and rerouted by a Seki-Seki tunnel to Vincente's laboratory. Was there anything else?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    1.)The suggestion that it was somehow actually historically accurate vis a vis what AnimeKid said, when it's not really.
    2.)We should always strive to be factual, truthful, and accurate when we speak, especially if stating something as a fact.
    3.)I'm pretty sure a fair number of those "barbarians" on a couple continents are my ancestors.
    I actually count my ancestors amid barbarians, not because of anything civilization-related, but rather because of their actual historical deeds.

EDIT: Also, while what MAsaru and Akira are doing is undeniably awesome, that's not tango. Tango is significantly slower, less acrobatic, and has both dancers hip-to-hip pretty much throughout the whole song.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2012-03-01 at 04:42 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Thanks Goto, I'll be posting if not later today then definitely tomorrow.

Edit: If Vice-Captains were at the Captain's meeting, Aya could be there, Nicklance. Up to you.
    I'm a little lost. What is it that you need me to decide upon?

Bah, that amount of political correctness it makes my stomach hurt.

From one thing to potted plants, what's the deal with Privaron Primera (Genoveva's predecessor) right now? I recall her chamber was sealed off the Pits and rerouted by a Seki-Seki tunnel to Vincente's laboratory. Was there anything else?
    The Pits have undergone major revisions in their exit routes. Whatever was meant to lead the unwary straight to Genoveva's chambers is gone. There is only 1 exit and 1 entrance which is to a processing center not unlike maximum prison-like customs clearance building. (Which is kinda why I wonder how Sereg managed to find a porthole to enter in the first place).
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't remember when it happened, but I think it was back when her chamber was still part of the pits, or while the construction work as was still incomplete.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Nick, Famine said it would come to Cuerva's call. I can RP him out if you'd like banter, but Cuerva still has to call him first.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Another point of interest which came to mind:

Draken, what is the dome of Las Noches composed of? Is it stone, flesh or bone, or a mix of all three?

I know that below the city is the undercity, and below it, the jail Pits, the pits for Geister's offspring, with some connection to the Forest of Menos. I don't remember anymore, but which kind of structure marks the entry to the undercity?

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, another warning for riccaru, since he's taken so long to reply in Ep. 11 and has not contacted me back on PM:

I'm going on a cruise for the weekend. If you haven't posted by the time you get back, I'm going to assume control of Akio, so that Kerfuffle, Dorizzit and others don't have to wait for much longer.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Another point of interest which came to mind:

Draken, what is the dome of Las Noches composed of? Is it stone, flesh or bone, or a mix of all three?

I know that below the city is the undercity, and below it, the jail Pits, the pits for Geister's offspring, with some connection to the Forest of Menos. I don't remember anymore, but which kind of structure marks the entry to the undercity?
    You can think of Las Noches as a huge, peculiarly shaped coral reef. It is not exactly bone, it is not exactly rock, but it is certainly something in-between.

The Undercity is a portion of the Forest of Menos. The Jail Pits are a portion of the Undercity that is isolated from the rest. The Hive is underneath the Undercity.

There are connections between various points of the undercity and the overcity, the best known are just those of the pits and royal palace. But there should be plenty scattered all over the city, all the better to deploy the armies that train underneath.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #408
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't remember when it happened, but I think it was back when her chamber was still part of the pits, or while the construction work as was still incomplete.
    He was there last before Cuerva had ever even seen the pits, much less started work on them. Sereg met her at one of the entrances.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Riccaru! You're alive!

... could you now post with Akio?

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    CMOT- just let me know what direction you want to go with Myojin...I will have Taro facilitate the move out of the 10th for you and i can have Hirokatsu welcome you, if that is the direction you want to go...if you want me to point Myojin to the 6th then let me know...either way i will have Taro do what ya want...ill find a nice way to make it happen...hopefully
    Well, looking at the descriptions and duties of both the sixth and the ninth, I think I'd rather be in the ninth. Also, I'm certain you'll be fun to RP with.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    EDIT: Also, while what MAsaru and Akira are doing is undeniably awesome, that's not tango. Tango is significantly slower, less acrobatic, and has both dancers hip-to-hip pretty much throughout the whole song.
    Meh, it was a rough analogy.

Though I'm sure we can manage more hip-to-hip stuff.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    I'm a little lost. What is it that you need me to decide upon?
    Nothing, just saying she might be present was all.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

23. - Top - End - #413
    Pixie in the Playground

Sounds good...just send me a heads up in a PM or something when you have made your choice

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Well, looking at the descriptions and duties of both the sixth and the ninth, I think I'd rather be in the ninth. Also, I'm certain you'll be fun to RP with.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

*deep sigh*

It seems that despite my best wishes, riccaru has no intent to resume playing Akio.

To not keep other players waiting for longer, and to bring resolution to Ep. 11, I'm currently negotiating with terry about playing Akio.

We'll try to get some posts up in a timely manner.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

Pardon me for saying it, but I'm actually somewhat glad he chose not to. We could end up with another Cabal situation on our hands.

At least he had enough respect for us and enough respect for himself to leave well enough alone. And I thank him for that.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Bugbear in the Playground

Control over Akio is delegated to me.

We're finishing Episode "8 Months Long".
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... I forgot if the forum dice roller works here.

Where will Von Geister go first: [roll]1d10[/roll]

Nope, doesn't work. What a shame.

Luckly, there is invisiblecastle for that, the answer is Uno.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-03-05 at 12:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #418

just use this one man

(No five no five no five)

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    just use this one man

(No five no five no five)
    I just used that one and the answer was ALSO one!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #420

...I also got one from invisible castle.

WHAT WIZARDRY IS THIS