New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

By the way, Ricarru, still waiting for Nao's response to Karashi.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    With a single swift motion Sereg raises his arm in a blur, launching a caja negacion into Cashin's exposed hollow hole before slinging his blade through the hole of her sister to embed into the ground behind her, pinning her in place as he calmly moves to her defenseless body. "Now child, you are alone." Behind his form Cashin can just barely be seen dissolving into nothingness. "And from henceforth on, your sister is gone. But you, you I have questions for."

Throughout the palace a sickening crunch can be heard, coming from none other than Sereg's tower. The sound of bones being broken as Sereg takes out his frustration at the past events on the young arrancar. Eventually the screams stop, Kaitlin having passed out from blood loss and shock after explaining her part in the forthcoming plans along with where Talon's lair could be.

A few hours later, Sereg is still wiping the blood from his face, the leftovers on his clothing long since dried. Kaitlin had been moved from the palacio, to be locked with the gladiators deep withing the earth under the seventh district. "Now, Vicente. It's your move."
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru
    Sereg's got a plan to question the twins if they come back. He's going to call forth the one holding their sword and use caja negacion on her, leaving the other one defenseless.
    Okay, that's fine with me. Thanks for letting me know beforehand.
    If you have an issue with what I posted Sereg doing, just let me know. I wanted to push this along quickly at this point, and we had already discussed most of what happened. If you want it changed, then I'll go ahead and change it

Significant portions in red.

Sereg does know that Talon as well as Vicente both want him gone, and was led to believe by Talon herself that Talon had killed the twins. Seeing them resurface is both a bit of a shock and a little suspicious. That's why he questioned her.

Caja negacion is not a kill move, by any stretch. It's a way of isolating the twins since their ressureccion requires a physical link, and only one of them can possess the "aggressive" personality at a time. Sereg asked her to come forward, assuming that she would then take the aggressive side, and made her disappear, leaving the other one defenseless and passive.

"Could be" meaning "generally about this far from the city." There was no reason for the twins to tell him where it was, and every reason for them to lie. There's quite a few things they could have told Sereg in order to make it difficult or nearly impossible to know if they were lying about it or not, which is what she did. Sereg does not know where the lake is, but he thinks he knows which is an entirely different thing.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-11-20 at 11:13 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

I do not fault Sereg being suspicious, however I do fault not running this by me. There are things Kayne and I planned in the case of such a thing that would change the course of your actions, and if you are so gung-ho on going forward at the least you could have informed me. I am just as frustrated at Kayne's disappearance, however that does not mean that forcing actions through is acceptable.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-11-20 at 11:18 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I do not fault Sereg being suspicious, however I do fault not running this by me. There are things Kayne and I planned in the case of such a thing that would change the course of your actions, and if you are so gung-ho on going forward at the least you could have informed me. I am just as frustrated at Kayne's disappearance, however that does not mean that forcing actions through is acceptable.
    Alright then, what were those things so we can come to a compromise?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Nothing actually needs to change. As for what will happen, saving it for a surprise.

EDIT: And with that post, I am off.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-11-21 at 01:16 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

*Slinks back, looking at the storyline rubble that he's apparently left in his wake*

So, uh, hi? Sorry to everyone for my huge absence, but a combination of schoolwork, a new job, and just being tired of the constant arguments here have resulted in my recent absence. I didn't mean to be gone for as long as I was, but I was gone for that long, and I can't change that now. However, I am here again, and I'm ready to get back to work where I'm needed.

Regarding the Hueco Mundo problem, no, Riccaru didn't talk to me about it, but that's not really his fault. I was kind of avoiding touching these boards, and he did try. I'm sorry for causing this problem, and if I'm still welcome in that plotline, then I'd like to try to get it moving again. However, if you'd rather I'd stay away from it now, I understand.

For other points of business, where else am I needed? I know that Seiko needs to respond to whatever it is that Karite did last, and Daisuke is still trying to kill Suzume. Vincent is still working on Project Shift, and I haven't yet looked to see if that's required yet. As for my other characters, it all seems rather up in the air.

So once again, I'm sorry for my absence, and I'm back, at least for the time being. Given the proximity to finals week, I can't promise consistency in posting for the next few weeks, but I'll do my best. And I'll try not to disappear again.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Kayne, let us know when you think you'll be ready to start up the Samsara event. We're nearing ready to do that.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Are we still on for a 1-2 week timeskip with an episode for the kid's training?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

I suggest someone with characters involved just starts the episode, and people post when they're ready for it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get started on that now.

Edit: Episode 13 up. Anyone want to suggest titles, feel free. Kuroimaken, since you're the one who "designed" the training area, feel free to describe everything.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-11-21 at 04:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Does this mean that when they actually fight that Chase and Koga will be significantly weaker? Not that Chase was allthat impressive to start with.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Considerably weaker than who? Kina can barely participate in combat situations and isn't likely to improve significantly in 2 weeks. Kaito is still learning control and even after 2 weeks of training probably won't have mastered his ability to the point that he'd be significantly better (though he may be better than them). I honestly don't know what Valeria's power progression will look like so I can't comment. Sora is probably already more powerful than the twins, he just doesn't quite have the level of control that they have. I think Izumi could surpass them but it depends on how quickly she progresses. I'd think that 2 weeks would be enough for some improvement, but not so drastic as to put people in the dust.

Alternatively you could just increase their combat potential to be even with the other kids when they first fight. I mean, they haven't had a fight scene yet, so their current power level isn't quite set. As long as you post and everyone approves, you can just have the twins power level set so that it matches the others after training.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay then. Also I was thinking about super shonnen training where a week is enough for the characters to have faily high jump in power.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Considerably weaker than who? Kina can barely participate in combat situations and isn't likely to improve significantly in 2 weeks. Kaito is still learning control and even after 2 weeks of training probably won't have mastered his ability to the point that he'd be significantly better (though he may be better than them). I honestly don't know what Valeria's power progression will look like so I can't comment. Sora is probably already more powerful than the twins, he just doesn't quite have the level of control that they have. I think Izumi could surpass them but it depends on how quickly she progresses. I'd think that 2 weeks would be enough for some improvement, but not so drastic as to put people in the dust.

Alternatively you could just increase their combat potential to be even with the other kids when they first fight. I mean, they haven't had a fight scene yet, so their current power level isn't quite set. As long as you post and everyone approves, you can just have the twins power level set so that it matches the others after training.
    Valeria's power progression is mostly covered. At least when it comes to basic abilities. She can use bala, cero, and sonido. Hierro is slightly out of her grasp, but I imagine she will have it covered in her training. Pesquisa isn't improbable, but it comes down to the type of training Helena will give. Garganta will wait until it's appropriate story-wise.

But on the whole, Valeria's power level is dependent on her actually destroying hollows, since she absorbs their abilities and all. So unless Helena has some live bait lined up, she's not going to advance all that much.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Okay then. Also I was thinking about super shonnen training where a week is enough for the characters to have faily high jump in power.
    Shonen manga training works because of its unusual methods and peculiarities of each setting. It has little to do with actual time spent (with some exceptions: Hajime no Ippo shows us fairly realistic training periods, since Ippo usually fights one opponent every two, three or four MONTHS in-story).

But the most important thing to remember is: the power itself isn't important, it's the character development that comes with it that is.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

All right, catch me up here: what exactly is intended to happen during this training session? Because if it's not absolutely critical, it's where I'll start the Samsara arc. I'd rather start it sooner than later, as it's been put off for long enough, and I'd intended to start it during a training session anyway. It'd be ideal if the kids were all in one place during this (preferably with the teachers as well, but the addition of Helena and Oscar may make that difficult), but I can make it work regardless.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, making the training a separate episode was meant so that we could have all the character development take place, real-time-wise, as the Samsara arc.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    All right, catch me up here: what exactly is intended to happen during this training session? Because if it's not absolutely critical, it's where I'll start the Samsara arc. I'd rather start it sooner than later, as it's been put off for long enough, and I'd intended to start it during a training session anyway. It'd be ideal if the kids were all in one place during this (preferably with the teachers as well, but the addition of Helena and Oscar may make that difficult), but I can make it work regardless.
    Extremely unlikely. At the very least, Sora and Val will be off doing their thing. Well unless Sora keeps trying to patronize the other kids. And it's likely Val will want her space from Sora until he starts being honest.

Also Hibiki has some things in store for Kaito.

Oh, also, get on AIM mister.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-11-21 at 06:14 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

The training compound itself is also somewhat hidden. And I'm not sure all the kids are going to be in the same place for a while, unless that place is class, because of the different natures of their abilities. It's likely that they'll be mostly doing their own thing.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

They'll also be getting different tutors for their powers, most likely.

That said, Cassandra's ability should at least point her out to where the kids train; the barrier can't really cut the threads, and even if it could, Cassandra would still know that they went in there. So the kids' hideout won't exactly be secret forever, unless Kayne decides otherwise (since it's his character and his character's ability).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

I don't really know that much about either the ability or the compound, so it's up to you and Kayne. The fact that the kids are unlikely to be in the same place at the same time unless that place is class still stands, though.

Edit: Kayne, has Mayumi revealed the fact that she's a Quincy yet to the kids? My memory is absolutely terrible.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-11-21 at 06:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well for the training period alI I can have Chase do is get better with the scythe. As for Koga he would probably be able to sprout two scythe blades from his body and increse their size from 6in to 9in. That sound good?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    They'll also be getting different tutors for their powers, most likely.

That said, Cassandra's ability should at least point her out to where the kids train; the barrier can't really cut the threads, and even if it could, Cassandra would still know that they went in there. So the kids' hideout won't exactly be secret forever, unless Kayne decides otherwise (since it's his character and his character's ability).
    I don't really know that much about either the ability or the compound, so it's up to you and Kayne. The fact that the kids are unlikely to be in the same place at the same time unless that place is class still stands, though.

Edit: Kayne, has Mayumi revealed the fact that she's a Quincy yet to the kids? My memory is absolutely terrible.
    Cassandra could find the place, but if it's a small enclosed area (as that particular area is), it's not ideal for the kind of confrontation that I had in mind. So instead, I'll probably have each of the kids be confronted by a different member of the Samsara individually, then saved by one of the teachers, jump-starting the arc.

As for Mayumi, she revealed to the kids that she is aware of spirits, and she's told Nakahiro what she is and what a Quincy is, and Rex probably noticed because he's better at identifying other Quincies than Kina is. The others, however, don't know unless they have another method of finding out (Hasunaga or Hibiki telling them, for example). However, it won't be a secret for much longer.

And as for the Samsara arc and the training arc taking place simultaneously, I'm a little leery of that. It could get confusing if we start referencing events in the past that haven't happened yet.
    Star Wars iTP characters

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

The whole purpose of them occurring simultaneously is to move the game along. I somehow doubt that any specific events in the episode will need to be referenced, as the episode is more about specifically developing characters.

Mayumi and Kina should probably meet at some point to talk about training. Kina's been a little bit less hidden about her Quincy crosses, so Mayumi shouldn't feel strange to, say, hold her after class or something to talk. I suspect that Mayumi is knowledgeable enough to see that Kina has some potential.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-11-21 at 06:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

And as for the Samsara arc and the training arc taking place simultaneously, I'm a little leery of that. It could get confusing if we start referencing events in the past that haven't happened yet.
    And yet you read Homestuck. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED SIR.

What tgva said, though.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

I understand your concern, Kayne, but we decided to do it this way so the game doesn't slow to a crawl any more than it already has.

Incidentally, if nothingclever's listening, I'd like to get started with Hasunaga training Ken.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

YOU SHUT UP STRAWBERRY I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT FROM YOU

As for Kina and Mayumi, I could definitely do that. I've been meaning for Mayumi to approach Kina sometime soon anyway. Maybe I'll just have her arrive at the training center and find Kina there...
    Star Wars iTP characters

28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wait Kayne's back? I better brush the cobwebs off Karite...

DAMMIT KAYNE YOU TOOK SO LONG I DON'T WANNA FIND THAT POST NOMORE
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

As for Kina and Mayumi, I could definitely do that. I've been meaning for Mayumi to approach Kina sometime soon anyway. Maybe I'll just have her arrive at the training center and find Kina there...
    That is okay with me. Just let me have her get a bit frustrated first.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Wait Kayne's back? I better brush the cobwebs off Karite...

DAMMIT KAYNE YOU TOOK SO LONG I DON'T WANNA FIND THAT POST NOMORE
    Yeah, I tried to go looking for it, but I got bored and came back here. I'll find it though, I promise. And I'm sorry, but that duel's been going on forever!

That is okay with me. Just let me have her get a bit frustrated first.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I might wait for some more of the kids to get there as well. Just let me know when you want Mayumi to drop on in!
    Star Wars iTP characters