New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Currently waiting for other players. I was thinking of having Angerona indirectly push Sora around, but terry told me he's got issues with posting with him at the moment, so I'll delay that for the moment.

One thing I'd like to know, does anyone want Ryouichi to do anything? I kinda sorta forgot if I should do anything with him, since my larger plot for him can't be forwarded before the Reene mission is complete.

Is anyone wanting anything else to do? I have some unoccupied characters I could use to provide something to do for people. In the Mortal World, I have Mihail, and over at Soul Society, Hachirou and Nasumi are both available,
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

So...is anyone waiting for me, or is it as I suspect and I'm waiting on everyone else?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

I suspect Draken is waiting for you and Kuroi to do something, based on his last MW post.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well Frozen if you would like to help, It would be better to introduce Chase and Koga late than never.

Also Jiro has fallen into the background with him mostly training the days away as any 11th division member would. He did help Nasumi before so I guess he could run into her once again.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I suspect Draken is waiting for you and Kuroi to do something, based on his last MW post.
    So, is Reene ready to meet the cutest little child (OF DOOM) she's ever seen?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    So, is Reene ready to meet the cutest little child (OF DOOM) she's ever seen?
    Reene knows all of her countless children already, so I don't know what you are talking about. But yes, I am waiting for you in MW.

Also, unless a post was made and promptly buried by Nexus posts, I believe I am waiting for you in HM Frozen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

And I'm waiting on Inyu in turn.

@EDIT: Animekid, could you perhaps establish a location for your characters? It might be easier for my character to find them, rather than the other way around.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-04-23 at 02:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Pixie in the Playground

im just waiting to do anything in general

Eiji is gonna take a nap
    Hirokatsu is thinking on a new VC
    Taro is waiting on Taiki
    Yaago is stumbling around in the desert with his kitty
    Izanagi is in the town just takign pictures i guess

9. - Top - End - #609
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kyoki is in the sixth district of Los Noches

Jirou is wandering the streets in Soul Society

Chase and Koga will be walking the streetts having come from their training. Chase with his Judo master and Koga at the Gym.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh. Sorry I've been busy, I'm still going to be busy because I'm trying to continue to pass my classes so I continue to get money to go to school. Sorry sorry sorry to anyone who's been waiting on me. I've kinda just been losing the fire to do anything. I will make efforts to post where I'm needed.

I thought the scenes involving Taro and Taiki were pretty much over?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #611
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not available?

I AM NOW AS AVAILABLE AS A PERSON WHO NEVER LOGS OFF SKYPE

Sora is about to storm off to go talk to Silva.
    Karite is in deadtime because I dislike Karite and don't know what to do with his idiot ass.
    HECATE is available for whatever.
    Cecilia is about to enter murdermode.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Not available?

I AM NOW AS AVAILABLE AS A PERSON WHO NEVER LOGS OFF SKYPE

Sora is about to storm off to go talk to Silva.
    Karite is in deadtime because I dislike Karite and don't know what to do with his idiot ass.
    HECATE is available for whatever.
    Cecilia is about to enter murdermode.
    Who is she going to murdermode on? Because she's got Von Geister's psychic boot inside her head now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #613
    Bugbear in the Playground

Everyone, obviously.

I'll post tomorrow, because right now my brain is COMPLETELY DEAD
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

You guys will need to tell me when Masaru jumps in in the MW plot.

I owe something in the training thread soon, looks like.

Beyond that...I'm still waiting on stuff, aren't I? Well, I could do some sort of shenanigans with Oni, but beyond that...

15. - Top - End - #615
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, it would be probably nicer if Oni would send out his minions to do the whole mayhem thing for a little while. Would fit in nicely with the whole "Reiji plans to prosecute the entire criminal underbelly" thing I've been planning.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

@KD: Far as I know, the decision is all between the two of you, I can't do much more than react.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #617
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    You guys will need to tell me when Masaru jumps in in the MW plot.

I owe something in the training thread soon, looks like.

Beyond that...I'm still waiting on stuff, aren't I? Well, I could do some sort of shenanigans with Oni, but beyond that...
    Actually, it would be probably nicer if Oni would send out his minions to do the whole mayhem thing for a little while. Would fit in nicely with the whole "Reiji plans to prosecute the entire criminal underbelly" thing I've been planning.
    Am I still involved in this somehow? Just trying to stay informed.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

18. - Top - End - #618
    Orc in the Playground

I'm trying to get you involved, is the most I can say.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

Inyu! Get yo' butt ovah to the HM thread before I kick this puppy!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably best to poke him by PM if you have not done so already.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I've been thinking about this for a while, but...

Frankly, I just don't feel excited about the game anymore. It's gotten so slow and so empty and meandering, that I don't really feel the energy or creativity to input anything.

So I think it's better if I just go ahead and step out, at least for a while. I might still keep an eye on things, but I dunno.

Kaito is NPC'ed, and can be used sparingly and as needed controlled (though I'd appreciate a bit of contact on the matter if it happens).

Masaru is also NPC'ed. Kuroi's the go-to man here. He'll continue to train his apprentice and generally keep things on an even keel.

Vicente, NPC'ed. Draken, feel free, or Kuroi. He'll basically just consolidate power, and start doing SCIENCE! for the Ghost King and such.

Oni might just move to another city or something.

I'm sorry guys, I just don't have the drive any more, and it's like playing in a ghost town anyways.

For what it's worth, I'd be open to a fresh RP at some point, Free-form or otherwise. Probably not Bleach though (or Naruto, for those who were in that). I think I'm a bit burned out on Bleach RPs for the moment...

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

I can understand the feeling, KD. To be frank, I've nearly thought of giving up on this a bunch of times. I could give you a passionate little speech about how this is not the time to be doing that, or how much you'll be missed... But honestly, I don't think it'd change at all how you feel about this. If you need some time to recharge your batteries, go. I won't say "hope you come back". I'll say "I'll still be around when you're back".

I won't sugar-coat it though - it IS a downer for me that you're taking a break, permanent or otherwise, because I feel you're one of the guys who has compromised the most in getting this game rolling. Heck, everyone in here at this point is (yes, that includes AnimeKid, despite his status as a newcomer). We are all being, or we all have been kicked in the proverbial nutsack by RL responsibilities and whatnot. So to those who're still willing to see this story going somewhere, I salute you.

Call me hypocrite or overly stubborn, but I'll say to you all - as long as there is at least one player left in this game, I'll keep on playing.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I can understand the feeling, KD. To be frank, I've nearly thought of giving up on this a bunch of times. I could give you a passionate little speech about how this is not the time to be doing that, or how much you'll be missed... But honestly, I don't think it'd change at all how you feel about this. If you need some time to recharge your batteries, go. I won't say "hope you come back". I'll say "I'll still be around when you're back".

I won't sugar-coat it though - it IS a downer for me that you're taking a break, permanent or otherwise, because I feel you're one of the guys who has compromised the most in getting this game rolling. Heck, everyone in here at this point is (yes, that includes AnimeKid, despite his status as a newcomer). We are all being, or we all have been kicked in the proverbial nutsack by RL responsibilities and whatnot. So to those who're still willing to see this story going somewhere, I salute you.

Call me hypocrite or overly stubborn, but I'll say to you all - as long as there is at least one player left in this game, I'll keep on playing.
    I do appreciate the thought, really, I do.

But with strawberryman gone, it seemed like the final bell toll. Again, there's just no real feeling of life to this game any more, no connection. It's plodding along horribly. It's too big for too few.

To put a different spin on this, I"ve enjoyed RPing with a lot of you. I'm just not enjoying this game in particular.

I think we made it too big, too grand. We failed to listen to those voices at the beginning that said just that.

So, if you want to RP with me, mayhaps find another game (or start one), and maybe we'll see.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

I think I can agree with that. I mean, I've been part of the game because I like the characters I have, but in reality there's just nothing happening. Nothing in this game has been able to move. I can't drive myself to put in the effort knowing it's not going to push this forward anymore.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

Well, while we're at it, the answer is clearly to downsize the scale of events. Not everything needs all Gotei 13 captains and all ten Espada. We can still mount a decent story at this point, as long as we MOVE, because we may be reduced in number from our original intent, but we've still got people here.

Not everything has to be about the end of the world, either. Take Hasunaga and Carmelia, they could still be roleplayed as the story of two different species coming to grips with each other.

Do we all have, perhaps, too many characters (as in more than the new scale would require)? Probably. Some will take the foreground, some the background. Such is the way things are.

In any case, I refuse to abandon the game as long as I'm not the only one playing it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*Sighs*

It's not just pacing, Kuroi.

Pacing.
    Unfocused scope.
    Scattered characters.
    Gaps in structure and plot left by characters.
    Sense of isolation of characters within "realms" (SS, HM, MW, whatever).
    Too few players handling too many characters.
    Lack of any coherent plot for anyone that isn't "train and make friends".
    Luster of FFRP Bleach games wearing off (there's a point where I realize it doesn't work well, because it comes down to "I shoot you!" "No you don't" "Yes I do!" etc.).
    People I enjoy RPing with leaving the game.
    Lack of ideas on what to do with my characters.

I think that mostly covers it.
    I dunno, man. This game needs more than just "one super-dedicated player". Again, I'm almost more preferring the idea we think about consolidating some players and trying something else, something smaller, tighter, more focused (whether it's Bleach or something else, I dunno).

27. - Top - End - #627
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I'm not really sure I can comment productively on the state of the game, and/or what to do with it.

However, I will say that I am sorry. I have no excuse for my absence, except maybe procrastination and forgetfulness, that is if they can even be CALLED excuses. I can't say whether this nasty habit of mine will stop because of this, but I would like to at least get it off my chest this time and properly apologize instead of just letting the game slip away and die without at least apologizing.

I will say that I have had fun roleplaying with you guys, I would like to roleplay with you again if circumstances allow it to be so, and I hope that I at least provided some form of entertainment in the meantime.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

I share the desire to roleplay again. I'm a sucker for character exploration, and would love to get the chance to do some of that with some people I know are good at RPing.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, let me raise two points then.

A) Suppose we do get another RP going. Are we going to jump ship when that one runs out of steam too? Because getting another RP started won't fix any of the problems that THIS game is suffering from. And we're the same people playing here. "Lunacy is doing the same things twice expecting different results."

B) Are you guys really okay with leaving things without a proper ending like this? I sure as hell ain't.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

How do we move this to any kind of proper ending? The major players cannot move anything at all. The Mortal World characters literally can't do anything to affect any kind of plot at all right now. What do you want us to do?

We can learn from the problems of this one. I think, for example, we ended up creating way too much isolation from the get-go. It became hugely impossible for characters to interact with more than one or two other characters. There was no major, overarching plot movements that connected the realms in any meaningful way. Knowing that these are hugely important elements lets us prioritize them in the creation of a new RP.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-05-10 at 02:18 AM.