New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

There was another issue.

Over the last year many players didn't have time for the game except to inform every few [time measure] that they had been busy for the last [time measure] and that they would try to get a post in tomorrow/sometime this week.

This repeated quite a few many times, and I will admit I myself did something to that effect at least twice.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #632
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    How do we move this to any kind of proper ending? The major players cannot move anything at all. The Mortal World characters literally can't do anything to affect any kind of plot at all right now. What do you want us to do?

We can learn from the problems of this one. I think, for example, we ended up creating way too much isolation from the get-go. It became hugely impossible for characters to interact with more than one or two other characters. There was no major, overarching plot movements that connected the realms in any meaningful way. Knowing that these are hugely important elements lets us prioritize them in the creation of a new RP.
    We can AT LEAST bring the current goings-on to an end. Hannibal meets the Ghost King. Soushi kidnaps Reene (or not). Someone drops a freaking A-Bomb on Phoenix Town, I dunno! I don't have all the answers.

But in any event, the way I see it we can at LEAST try and give the game some kind of closure. For Pete's sake, we've been at this for the better part of what... a year and a half? Two? Don't you think something we invested so much time in deserves a better ending?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Okay, let me raise two points then.

A) Suppose we do get another RP going. Are we going to jump ship when that one runs out of steam too? Because getting another RP started won't fix any of the problems that THIS game is suffering from. And we're the same people playing here. "Lunacy is doing the same things twice expecting different results."
    Well, but the point from me is that we wouldn't be doing the same thing twice.
    For one, it wouldn't be Bleach. As I said, I want to take a break, RP-wise, from Bleach.
    For another, from the outset, whatever RP this is would strive for "quality over quantity". Frankly, some of the problem is we were open to everyone, but barely anyone actually stayed more than 3 posts. Me, personally, I'd frankly rather play in an "invitation only" game. Maybe that sounds bad, but it's the truth.
    As well, while having an established universe is good, I think this one got too intimidating. We had 3 huge threads of IC that people had/have to track just to understand what was going on. Even trying to sum it up started to take a lot of words.
    Further, if this hypothetical RP were to take place, I would insist from the outset it had smaller, more definite parameters. Instead of at least 3 very broad factions (Mortals, Shinigami, Hollows) with sub-factions (Gotei 13, Kido Corps, Rogue Shinigami, Mortal Kids, SWORD, Ghost Mask, Cackling Oni, Ghost King Loyalists, Rogue Hollows, etc), I think an RP would benefit more from being 1 constant "side" (a group of operatives, or whatever) and a 2nd, changing set of opponents. While the possibilities inherent in the sheer number of sub-factions is interesting, as we've seen it causes things to splinter, wither, and die.
    Finally (I think), I would in this other RP insist upon some standard of arbitrating in-game events. Not a full-on game system, but some sort of very basic mechanic so we don't get into shouting matches over who's the better fighter, and it's totally obvious that X would beat Y. Something more than "flip a coin", something that took into account investment in the characters. What would that look like? I don't know. But it's something I think would benefit the idea.

B) Are you guys really okay with leaving things without a proper ending like this? I sure as hell ain't.
    It happened with the last game when Zarah gave up on us after railroading us, so sure.

We can AT LEAST bring the current goings-on to an end. Hannibal meets the Ghost King. Soushi kidnaps Reene (or not). Someone drops a freaking A-Bomb on Phoenix Town, I dunno! I don't have all the answers.

But in any event, the way I see it we can at LEAST try and give the game some kind of closure. For Pete's sake, we've been at this for the better part of what... a year and a half? Two? Don't you think something we invested so much time in deserves a better ending?
    Soushi kidnapping Renee leads to...what?

And the thing is, there's not much left to have "closure" with. I think the 2 little plots you mentioned are about the only things left going on besides Sora wandering about!

Ok, I'll make you a deal. If you can sketch out what plotlines we could conceivable wrap up in some way, and give those of us remaining a sort of outline, I'd be willing to stay through to that point of wrap-up. It doesn't have to end in fire for all creation. Just a close to story arcs.
    But you're appointing yourself party whip, the guy who has to keep us all in line and on time. We'll have to be ruthless about this, or it'll be next May before anything's done at all.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #634
    Orc in the Playground

To be fair, I'm pretty much up for anything at this point. If we're going to do a last push, hopefully I'll be able to go through with it.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Orc in the Playground

Well then, let's start with the easier ones.

Hueco Mundo: the invasion plan ends in abject failure. Basically, what this means is that Hannibal and Geister get their tête-a-tête (or however the hell this is spelled) so the poor warrior can finally die in peace, blaze of glory or not. Genny may or may not be pulled out of "retirement" for this (Frozen mentioned he'd used Lalita to fulfill whatever parts Genny had in this story, but then again, Lalita did A LOT of damage; if she showed up, it'd be like the ultimate "OH ****" moment).

Mortal World: "attempting" to kidnap Reene triggers Soushi's defection (frankly, the ideal end for him, at least as far as I devised, would go defection, imprisonment, redemption, but as a last push this will have to do) once he learns they're "kidnapping" the freaking Queen of Hollows. This ends up drawing the attention of Soul Society as a whole when they escape under the guise of Reene breaking out on her own and taking Soushi "hostage" for "reasons unknown" (the Kido Corps. operation is cancelled due to the fact that dealing with traitors takes less precedence). The battlefield, as it turns out, becomes the Mortal World itself due to the current turmoil in Hueco Mundo (and also because Reene doesn't want to abandon her pet project insofar as the children are concerned, she'd probably much rather kidnap the kids and restart her plan at a later date - Draken, feel free to correct me if I'm assuming too much on this). In this fashion we effectively put every character in one big multifaceted scene one way or the other. (The events in Hueco Mundo are assumed to end shortly before the big final battle comes up.) Mortals attempt to defend their homes, Shinigami attempt to mete out justice, Hollows end up all-around nefarious. The greatest advantage to this approach is that everyone has reason to participate to some degree. Plus, if it turns out good enough, it's not so much an "ending" that we can't pick this game back up from the dust at a later date if we choose to do so, and yet it's not so open-ended that it feels like we never tied up loose ends. It's also open enough that current open subplots can be resolved (Kazuma's training, for example).

EDIT: And since this is a last push, let's go a little crazy, but not TOO crazy. This is supposed to be EVERYONE'S Crowning Moment of Awesome at once, so if this game is to die after this, then we're doing it with a ****ing Viking Pyre of Glory.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2012-05-10 at 07:06 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #636
    Pixie in the Playground

sad to read all this talk of ending the game

Im not and have never been involved in anything important so it doesnt really matter what i think

id love to be a part of it, but my characters dont have any role in anything that is on the scale of any pyre of awesomeness

i like my characters and id prefer not to let this RP die....

i think an epic duel ending for big concept storylines is cool, and should be done...anyone who wants to tie anything up should

but after that i say make a 100 year timeskip into the future and keep going... many of the old non-played characters can go away leaving their absence a story to be told later if those people ever want to come back...still played characters can continue on and spark fun new changes that happened in the time skip.... new characters can obviously be made etc.

I dont like the idea of starting over, but pushing into the future might be fun and give new life to some old characters...as this last push is final hurrah! to the big name characters now...after the timeskip new characters (or aged older ones) can take the lead

I also think it might be fun to start a Shinigami Academy storyline.
    Everyone makes a new character who is entering the Academy first year. Then we play it out, semester at a time. Old characters can show up to teach or cameo, but the focus would be on the development of this new class of Shinigami. Training, love, school setting, failure, power exploration.

Again, i am still around, and will obviously go with the group, but i'd rather keep the world going, even if it is just a few people doing small RP's rather than scratching it all and being done with it. The world the people built here before i joined and where it has gone since i have joined is a cool world and shouldnt be tossed away IMO.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

While I never got involved with much, I would very much like to help with what happens next. My characters can not do much to help with an ending, but I would not mind controlling NPCs or anything else. ^_^

Skipping ahead a century seems like a good plan, however. I quite like the academy idea. I hope I would be able to participate and help with it, if we go with that idea.

I will say that it seemed a bit difficult for a new character or player to get involved, though. Few events seemed to allow for someone to drop in or pass through. Although that may just be my lack of social skills spilling over. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

In other news, MAH BIRFDAY BIATCHES.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #639
    Orc in the Playground

Happy Birthday Kuroimaken! *raises glass in toast*

*realizes glass is full of bread for no reason*

*takes bread out, refills drink, then properly raises glass in toast*
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2012-05-11 at 06:16 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy birthday Kuroi.

And Inyu, put some damn clothes on your avatar. Naked week is over as I recall.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #641
    Orc in the Playground

So anyway. Draken, KD, I've yet to hear what you guys think of that outline.

Though I'd really like if Frozen and Nicklance would weight in too.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Bugbear in the Playground

Congratulations.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

I am willing to finish the interactions left hanging if only because I like writing for the characters.

One problem, however, is that Frozen is M.I.A.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

I know I've been super unreliable, but between lots of the game loosing steam and me trying to maintain my GPA and therefore continue to receive money to go to school, I chose the thing that seemed to provide more value for me. It just wasn't fun for me anymore. None of my characters could really do much of anything and I had much more fun things to do.

All I want to do is show off Kina's Quincy Final Form. I've had it in my mind since she became a character.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Happy belated birthing day, Kuroimaken!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Orc in the Playground

Alright guys, why don't we start lining up who's gonna fight who in the big bad FINAL BATTLE?

I will post my characters, and who I'd like them to fight.

Kazuma: any one Espada, Pico and Vicente are amid my personal favorites (though Cuerva might prove a nice touch).

Soushi: pretty much anyone. Masaru or Saiyuri would prove extra plot delicious.

Shishiou: May require two opponents, especially in the event that his wife-to-be is fighting.

Reiji: Cackling Oni. Duh.

Hasunaga: Any of either an Adjuchas that can grow to kaijin size (read: Godzilla) or a LOT of Menos Grande.

Serazel: Will pretty much fight anyone. Bonus points for fighting females, so he can wax exposition on how his Distrito is full of 'hos.

Rouga: May show up as backup if it looks like the Hueco Mundo side needs it, specially if Von Geister isn't joining the fray (otherwise he'd ask to guard Las Noches in his stead).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Reikiku: Someone subordinate to whoever Kazuma fights.

Kina: I dunno, someone. She should fight people.

Taiki: Can fight or not fight as necessary I guess.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Orc in the Playground

Keep in mind this is the last time your characters will be around. Personally, I'd like someone to kidnap Hikari so Taiki puts his game face on.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Pixie in the Playground

im not sure what to do... my characters never were involved in anything interesting really

20. - Top - End - #650
    Orc in the Playground

Welp, that's the last chance they'll get to do so. Just picture something cool you'd like to see them do, let's see what can be done about it!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Keep in mind this is the last time your characters will be around. Personally, I'd like someone to kidnap Hikari so Taiki puts his game face on.
    Taiki is insane enough that I'm not sure he would let that happen.

I personally am done with Taiki and have no strong desire to have him do anything further. I would rather focus on other characters that other people have a stronger desire to run.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Orc in the Playground

It's BECAUSE he's insane that I think it'd be fun to see it happen, but they're your characters. :p

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'll be honest. I want Masaru's last fight to highlight 2 things.

1.)A chance for him to show off his newfound mastery of the 7th form.
    2.)A chance for him to win (or at least keep up) through his skill moreso than his power.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Pixie in the Playground

So it has been decided that this is the absolute end to this RP? Is there no chance to jump ahead in time after all of this is done and kind of start over? I dont see why it couldnt, we started that turn back the pendulum style new beginning for people. Why couldnt we do the same except move it forward?

I think the future Shinigami Academy with cameos from characters maybe still around would be fun. Any characters still around can of course RP separate things going on too.

If you all dont want to do it i understand why, but that shouldnt stop others from doing so.

Id rather wait for something like that for most of my characters instead of forcing something to happen right now.

I dont intend on scrapping these characters in any way.

things that might be nice for my characters, in the future or now:
    - Hirokatsu to get into a fight to show his Shikai
    - Eiji to reveal his Shikai in combat or something
    - Maybe Taro to fight someone
    - Izanagi to take picture and temporarily capture or retain an enemy soul
    - Yaago to fight someone maybe

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I've already explained like 3 times I don't want to just do another Bleach RP. And just skipping forward a century accomplishes diddly squat for my reasons for wanting to leave/end the game. Like, seriously, a timeskip, no matter the length, isn't the fix here, not for me.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Pixie in the Playground

im not saying this is something to do instead of the big fights or culminating things described or desired. Im just saying if some characters or players dont want to be involved in these big fights or other RP then they could still have a future elsewhere

basically, if some of us want to continue on in some way after all of this it could be an option. You and your characters dont have to continue on, same as anyone else, and we can make the timeskip enough to to leave it open ended as to why there is a change and some people arent around

i just dont think the whole RP should up and die just because some of the players dont want to continue. If there is anyone left with a desire to play it should be allowed to move on i think.

having a timeskip is the way i thought it COULD work while at the same time showing respect to the past characters

no one would have to play in it, crap i doubt many people would want to anyways. But since this world was created from so many people, i dont see why it has to end just because several/some players arent interested anymore

regardless, this shoudlnt stop any of the planned and desired RP going on

27. - Top - End - #657
    Orc in the Playground

I understand where you're coming from, Hirokatsu. I for one would have no issue with a timeskip following the "final battle", as it were, or with continued play afterward. I'm afraid you'll have few partners as far as that goes though.

I for one would rather the game continue, and develop more before it ended, but it seems at this point giving it a half-decent ending is the best we can do.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think time-skipping would solve my problems.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Dwarf in the Playground

Like I think I've said before, I'm pretty much open for anything. I've put a lot of work into my characters here, and I really enjoy playing with everyone I've played with here. I'd really rather not let this die. If anyone needs me for anything, I'm online nearly every day, for at least an hour, if not more. I want to help keep this going.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

I understand that a time skip wont solve many people's problems, i didnt think it really would. I just figured it is an option after everyone who is done moves on.

The timeskip is not a solution or alternate to everything else Kuro is organizing, it is after all of that for those who dont want to let the RP die.

But there are some people who would like to keeping going (at least me and CMOT it seems), and to me that is enough, so i think timeskipping ahead once the big battle stuff is over is a fair way to do so.

No one has to keep playing, but if you want to then we can. Those who dont want to of course will still be revered!

If you are interested in continuing post epic battle stuff, post here in the thread or send me a PM. Though, even if it is just me and CMOT, that is enough IMO.