Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default I don't Think We're in Kanto Anymore... An Alt-Evo Nuzlocke

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first shared Nuzlocke run. I'll be running an alternate evolution (levels, movesets, stats and evolution families have been messed with) run of Fire Red. This run will be fairly blind (I'll be looking up available species in each route for you guys), so anything can happen (such as quickly wiping right at Brock), so it should be interesting.

Should be updated around every other day, depending on homework load. Also, I'll be updating here first, then giving the story.

The Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

-If it faints for any reason, box it. It has died.

-One catch per area.

-One catch per area must be the first catch. Catch will be rolled ahead of time using the forum dice to give people time to think of names and personalities.
    -- NOTE: If there is only one possible result left for a route, I can just go and catch that. If there is any choice, I get ten rolls before I have to say **** that area and move on. Even if it's choosing between Beldum and Dratini.

-Dupes clause is in effect, including all evolutions down the line. Caterpie died? No Metapod for you. Too bad.

-Legendaries from evolutions, should any exist, are legit. Stationary legendaries will be killed on sight.

-TPK does not result in loss, unless everyone has died.

-If I need an HMer and nobody can learn the HM, I am permited to try and find an HM mule, but I must give up my other catch from that area.

-Name. Everything.

-Shinies are special and exempt from all but the death and name rules.

-Saving errors are to be avoided, but if they do occur, a story explaination must be written around them.

- I WILL GRIND FIFTEEN LEVELS HIGHER THAN THE LOCAL WILDS AT LEAST, BECAUSE GYMS ARE ****ING CHEATERS NOW. **** YOU, MISTY!

- Fallen sisses and bros can come back in the form of Psychics, Darks, Ghosts, and Psuedo-Legenderies

Chapitre 1: Allons-y!
    Spoiler
    Show

My parents said not to talk to strangers.

Eh, I guess you seem harmless.

You won't here any affection in my voice! *sigh* and now he pulls out his female Nidoran and...

THAT'S NOT A NIDORAN!!!

That is not a pet. Get me out of here.

I'm scared of you again. Please let me go.

I'd rather not.

*sigh* I'm not getting out of this, am I.

The name is Esper. That is all you need to know.

Wait, no! It's actually-

I'm so sorry for you.

And yet you don't know my name.

Okay, well at least you forget everyone equally.

After the creator of the run.

There is no need to shout.

Legend? Excuse me, but I believe you have the wro-

This is not mine.

Doll shoes beat barefoot I guess.

Hm? I thought I heard something.

What? Pidgey and Ratata? Those derps are harmless!

Speaking of protection *pulls of shoe* GET BACK! Get away!

Let me go! LET GO!

Hey, he may have abducted me but show your old man some respect.

Wait, you're just going to take that from him?

Whoa, what are you giving me?

Oh, okay.

What about the demon pawn earlier?
    Died this morning.
    Oh.

Wow. Um...thanks. Sorry about the threat with the shoe earlier.

Be grateful he hasn't beaten you into a coma yet. Yeesh, how badly were you spoil- nevermind. *puts in headphones*

Wait, Chikorita are normally given to beginners from Johto.

Well the rest are normal.

The Team
    Spoiler
    Show

Esprit- Chaotic
    The main trainer (duh). Remembers old Kanto and basic information about the local Pokémon. Generally good leaning, though certainly reluctant. Sees no problem sicking his Pokémon on anyone who slights him or them, though still retains some order.

Aqua- Good, Chaotic Good after evolving
    A Surskit who was horribly abused by his first trainer, who forced him to use sweetscent to search for shinies, due to them being exempt from the new capture laws of Kanto, he befriended Esprit and the team, mostly due to Gaia's apparent kindess. Later that day, he and the rest of the team got revenge on the trainer who abused him. He has bonded with Esprit quite easilly. For the short time she was alive, he harbored a crush on Prolia, but her sudden death cut any possible relationships short. Evolved in a fit of rage while standing up to Excetra. Excetra seemed to develope a crush on him after a little while after he evolved, much to his discomfort. He was somewhat saddened by her death, especially when he found out that she did harbor some feelings for him.

Katha- Neutral
    A Grimer who claims to be another Pokémon who just does not like to bathe. Most of the team remains skeptical.

Snip Prolia- Lawful Good
    A Sneasle who was owned by a terrible trainer, much to his displeasure. He escaped, and joined Esprit's team after seeing Timmy release an abused Pokémon from it's trainer. Evolved after Aqua finally realized that he was Prolia in her second life, much to his/her pleasure. BS clause invoked when Beat Up acted like a non-typed physical move as opposed to special dark like EVERY OTHER DARK MOVE IN THE GAME on the self destruct happy species Solrock (Should have had about the same damage as Faint Attack, which did OHKO reliably).

Waldorf- Chaotic
    An old Stantler. Likes to insult...everyone. Butts heads with Prolia at times. Killed Rick.

Excaetra - Chaotic Evil Excaetra reincarnated as a Cubone. Grew quickly into a Marowak and then a Kangashkan after *cut because sensors and lol I ain't saying*. Still just as evil, if not more so. Does not get along at all with Prolia.

Gilly - Good
    A Tangela who got caught on Esprit's fishing rod.

Nyte - Neutral
    A Ponyta caught in the Safari Zone. Thinks it's just being held onto as a gift for a girl or something.

Rham - Neutral
    A Rhyhorn who believes that it was descended from the mighty Bastiodon of old.

Buster - Good
    A Heracross. Dislikes his species due to them being screwed by evolution by being combustible for no good reason.

Mygal - Chaotic
    An Ariados. Not much known about him. Somewhat feral.

Deaths
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prolia- Lawful Good
    A female Machop who tired of the stereotype of fighting types being stupid. Eager to learn from a traveling team, she joined, sitting on the sidelines during most of the first gym battle. Aqua had a crush on here, but she never knew. She died due to a miscalculation she made on a Biding enemy. She was glad to have died before becoming a dimwitted brute like most fighting types. She was fathered by a Lucario, possibly explaining her temperment.

Boulder- Neutral
    A Geodude who wanted to be a wrestler. Not very inteligent, he quickly got himself killed while training against a Poochyena.

Excetra- Evil
    An Ekans who enjoys tormenting others. She often eats defeated enemies whole if possible just to disturb the rest of the team. Particularly likes to torment Aqua, due to his small size. Quit upon Aqua's evolution, though resents being shown up by a bug. She enjous poisoning his food and letting it die slowly as well. Near the end of here life, she seemed to develope a crush on Aqua, at first dismissing it as tormenting him. None of the team understood why. She died to a Murkrow unexpectedly throwing a wing attack at her when she expected a pursuit.

Merry- Chaotic, Chaotic Evil upon evolving to Wartortle
    Esprit's starter. A very young Squirtle. Often acts childish, and does not fully understand human reactions to things, such as brutally beating the body of a fallen Pokémon. Likes to ask questions. After evolving, she became very agressive and somewhat violent, something abnormal for a Wartortle *obligatory "war" in "Wartortle" joke here* She still remains very loyal to the team, though enjoys killing much more than the rest of the team. She died to a surprise thunderbolt from Misty's Starmie, a Pokémon which nobody could take for certain.

Pangloss-Lawful Good
    A Nuzleaf and part time philosopher. Believes that Arceus made the world perfectly, and consequentially everything has a reason behind it. Was killed by a kick to the skull from a Jolteon.

Jimmy- Good, even after evolving
    An Igglybuff who is best friends with Timmy as well as his brother. More laid back and less hyper than Timmy. Lost he ability to speak upoin evolving, and now signs and mimes to comunicate. Was killed by Surge's Plusle after a long fought battle. Last "words" were to heal Hound in order to finish the battle.

Gaia- Lawful, borderline Evil
    A mother Roselia up until recently. Was distraught by the death of her family, and adopted Esprit's team as her new family after...dealing with the guilty party, a gang of Zigzagoon. She is normally kind, but turns violent should anything bad happen to her new family. She does not like Excetra, but has gotten used to her...eccentricity. Has fallen in love with Pangloss. Died to Surge's Plusle.

Loki- Chaotic
    A Diglett who loves to play tricks. Angered Esprit by making a trap that was supposed to collapse part of Diglett cave. It failed, but Esprit held it against him for the rest of his short time on the team. Died to a crit from a wild Manectric.

Lophi- Good
    A Chinchou that Esprit bought from a questionable dealer at Aqua's urging. Died before the team could learn much about him by being trapped and killed by a Diglett.

Tesla- Neutral
    A Manectric who follows the religion founded around Spike, a Manectric from a far away region. Lost his voice upon evolving, angering him, seeing as one requirement of his religion was yelling everything (Represented by typing in all lowercase). Died in an explosion from a Solrock.

Sparky- Good
    A Magnemite who believe that he knew why Pokémon were evolving so strangely as of recent. Died very quickly by being trapped while helpless to a Golett.

Timmy- Good, even after evolving
    A young Togepi met north of Cerulean after Merry died. Acts a lot like Merry dd before evolving and becoming violent. Is Jimmy's brother. Evolved into a Togetic after just realizing how fortunate he was to have the friends and family that he has made while with the team. Was killed by a Solrock.

Pangloss (Again)- Lawful Good
    Somehow survived a lethal hit from a Jolteon, but was severely scarred up as a result. Still can't speak very well. Evolved into a Shiftry, and gained the ability to actually speak English much betther than before. Seems interested in Gaia. Is greatly enraged by her death. Died by a Solrock while charging into Dark Cave (See the theme here?).

Rick- Neutral
    A Croagunk. Was only a brief addition to the team. Insulted Prolia and was left to train on his own. Was killed by a Stantler.

Hound- Lawful Evil
    A Houndoom trained to kill and not question orders. Met Esprit and the team outside of Cerulean, attempting to attack Merry because she was capable of putting out fires. She was trained to be an emotionless, calculating killer. When she evolved into a Houndoom, she appeared to improve in her ability to interact with living beings, though still remains a blank slate when not being talked to. She seems to enjoy following orders. Died to Koga's Crobat defending Prolia.

Ptera- Neutral
    A Fearow who believes that it is descended from Aerodactyle, and takes offense whenever someone disrespects it's family or suggests it was not descended from them. Died to Koga's Croagunk.

Storage
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Snubble who I forgot the name of.

So which one do I choose. Names and personalities. Each person gets two votes.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-24 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Adding voting

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

Solara in Down Under by Group

Cain Treblinka in Ambitions Eshkigal

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: I don't Think We're in Kanto Anymore... An Alt-Evo Nuzlocke

Two votes for Squirtle.

There is a way to avoid wiping at Brock, just grind to level 100
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Fire emblem avatar by Water_and_Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpriest
    Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Two votes for Squirtle.

There is a way to avoid wiping at Brock, just grind to level 100
    Names or personalities?

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post
    Names or personalities?
    A teenage ninja mutant Squirtle. Named after one of the turtles.
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I need more than one person. I'll give it until tomorrow, and then I'll go. Gives me time to look for the information on the next routes. I know from earlier dinking around that I can catch Snubble, Zigzagoon, Natu, Spearow, Tailow, Caterpie, Weedle, Petilil, Roselia and Poochyena on routes 1, 2, and 22, and I am not sure about any others.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

I need more than one person. I'll give it until tomorrow, and then I'll go. Gives me time to look for the information on the next routes. I know from earlier dinking around that I can catch Snubble, Zigzagoon, Natu, Spearow, Tailow, Caterpie, Weedle, Petilil, Roselia and Poochyena on routes 1, 2, and 22, and I am not sure about any others.
    Can I give names and personalities for those.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Can I give names and personalities for those.
    Go for it. The further I can get in one evening the better.

Also, I may become inexplicably absent if this wind knocks out our power/internet. Again.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I'll throw my two in for charmander (because I like to make things harder. )

Name: Smog. Is a greedy, treasure hoarding, arrogant dragonling.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1771-4133
    Friend Safari: Dunsparce, Minccinno, Eevee

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll throw my 2 in for Squirtle as well. Because there seems to be no love for the turtle. I'll agree to a TMNT name (Venus for a girl, because what else can you do?), but add that personality should be a sensitive artist-type.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #10

Zigzagoon. If male Red Just a guy who knows how to get things
    Natu Orcale. Afraid of being able to see in the past and future but feels it has to
    Tailow Personality Likes to terrify the bugs on your team by pretending they are food for him/her
    Caterpie Personality Wants to know why everyone wants to hurt it and it's big adorable eyes.
    Weedle Personality Constantly terrified uses the poison stinger to protect itself from the big bad world
    Petilil Fleur Wants to find her mommy, but also wants to test her strength against the world
    Roselia Gaia Very motherly and wants to protect it's children
    Poochyena Kibbles A dog that lived poor for so long, tends to over indulge

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I'm hoping it's female (because I never watched TMNT).

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you Edge!

Up until the Viridian Forest, here is what I can catch:

*ROUTE 1:
    - SNUBBULL: 30%
    - ZIGZAGOON: 20%.
    - SPEAROW: 20%.
    - POOCHYENA: 20%.
    - TAILLOW: 10%.

*ROUTE 22:
    - SPEAROW: 30%.
    - TAILLOW: 30%.
    - NATU: 20%.
    - MAKUHITA: 10%.
    - TYROGUE: 10%.

*Route 2:
    - ROSELIA: 30%.
    - PETILIL: 20%.
    - TEDDIURSA: 10%.
    - LEDYBA: 10%.
    - CATERPIE: 10%.
    - WEEDLE: 10%.
    - TRAPINCH: 10%

Names and personalities needed.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I'm hoping it's female (because I never watched TMNT).
    What?!

What kind of deprived child were you?

edit: As an aside, I had a thought for forum let's play nuzlocks in general (that is to say not just this thread but something Ilvien and others may want to consider as well): Rather than going by a strict what you encounter first in game, why not make a list of what can be caught by percentage (as you did there), and roll using the dice roller here on the forums, to determine what will be caught. (of course if you accidentally kill the first pokemon of that type that shows up, then you lose out as normal)

That way people don't need to come up with something for a bunch of pokemon that won't actually be caught, and there can be more discussion on the ones that actually matter.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2011-11-18 at 01:28 AM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    What?!

What kind of deprived child were you?

edit: As an aside, I had a thought for forum let's play nuzlocks in general (that is to say not just this thread but something Ilvien and others may want to consider as well): Rather than going by a strict what you encounter first in game, why not make a list of what can be caught by percentage (as you did there), and roll using the dice roller here on the forums, to determine what will be caught. (of course if you accidentally kill the first pokemon of that type that shows up, then you lose out as normal)

That way people don't need to come up with something for a bunch of pokemon that won't actually be caught, and there can be more discussion on the ones that actually matter.
    Yeah, I think I just missed out on being in the right age range to appreciate it.

Hm, that's an interesting idea. What does everyone think of that idea? (Which works quite nicely here when we have all the percentages) My one problem is that it lets us pretty much decide the team ahead of time, which doesn't really mesh well with the idea of a Nuzlocke. Even though both are decided randomly by a computer, there is something...off about it. Still, it's an interesting idea, and I'll go with what the audience votes on (I'll make the decision tomorrow by 8:30pm AK time.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-18 at 10:10 AM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I'd say at the end of the update roll the ones you'd be expecting to encounter on the next updates, just like you are now (ie "I expect by tomorrow to hit these routes. On these routes I will get.... *insert here*. You can now propose/vote for names and personalities for these pokemon")

From the perspective of the reader's its not too much different from you saying "Oops, I got further than I thought, and just caught X, I need names and personalities for it before posting update". While it's a little different on your part, I do think it still maintains the spirit of the challenge as long as you are not cheating the dice rolls (though honestly if you were the type to do that you'd probably also be the type to just catch the pokemon you wanted and screenshot it as your first encounter. It's the honor system keeping you holding to the challenge either way)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Good point. Okay, I'll do it:
    Roll for Route 1: Poochyena (75)
    Roll for Route 2: Tailow (41)
    Roll for Route 22: Roselia (22)

Um...okay, I screwed up somewhere...

EDIT: Pokemon put in, with corresponding rolls. Pick names and personalities.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-18 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Dice roller is acting odd.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

My screw up being forgetting that you can't post dice rolls in by ediing, to avoid rerolling.

Rolls in the same order, previous post will be used to dictate results (I'm just going to go down the list. For example, 1-30 on route 1 is snubble, 31-50 is zigzagoon.

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d100[/roll]

EDIT: *obcene explitive*

Further EDIT: You know what, I'll just roll in the rolling dice thread. It worked there for some reason.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-18 at 10:27 AM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Good point. Okay, I'll do it:
    Roll for Route 1: Poochyena (75)
    Roll for Route 2: Tailow (41)
    Roll for Route 22: Roselia (22)

Um...okay, I screwed up somewhere...

EDIT: Pokemon put in, with corresponding rolls. Pick names and personalities.
    Roselia: A newfound pacifist who relapses occasionally. Focuses on disabling opponents, but hates to actually kill them.

Poochyena: Is a generally good pokemon who is offended by the stereotypes of dark types being evil. Will take the slightest comment even if well meaning and blow it out of proportion crying discrimination against his type.

Tailow: I got nothin'

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Further EDIT: You know what, I'll just roll in the rolling dice thread. It worked there for some reason.
    You can't roll outside of the PbP section.
    Homebrew: The Guardian | Combat Pragmatist
    Animorphs-styled morphing rules for the Fate Core system!
    Coming Soon(?): WarMunchies, a candy-based wargame | Pokemon Four Suits

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    You can't roll outside of the PbP section.
    That makes absolutely no sense.

EDIT: Also, the voting currently none for chikarita, four for squirtle, and two for charmander. I'm starting in 13 minutes if anyone wants to get a vote in.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-18 at 10:16 PM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Chapter 2: Let's try not to kill the team
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well I do like the sea..."

"Hi-I'm-Merry!-Are-you-my-new-trainer?-Where-are-you-from?-Are-you-a-boy-or-a-girl?-What's-your-name?-Who-is-is-that?-Watch-me-do-a-handstand!-Do-you-"
    And it proceeded to ask rapid fire questions like that for several more minutes.
    "Whoa now, calm down for...two seconds. I'm Esprit-

"Esprit? That's-a-cool-name!"-I-wish-I-had-a-name-like-that!-Can-I-change-my-name-
    And that's when I put Merry back into her Pokéball.

"Really? You just saw mine go on a ten minute question-asking-spree. Do you really want to put her into a battle where we'll be interupted every attack with an in-depth description of her battle scars?

Beginning to tear up: "Sorry."
    "No, he was refering to Edge I think."
    Immeadiatly becoming happy again: "Oh, okay!"

"No, but I think I get the gist. Fight until they faint, though I heard that some people seem to enjoy fights to the death, and most wilds fight for food, so they go for the kill whenever possible."

"Yeah, I know a little bit."

"You know that training doesn't have to be so tough on them. *sigh*"

"That is both is disturbing and yet explains so much."

"Okay, I'll let you out. But first, I would like to put down a few ground rules. Slow down with the questions. Most people can only take so much cuteness before it grates on them. I can tell you're young, so I'll be patient."
    "...okay. So what is your name?"
    "Esprit. My mother said it was from some old, dead language."

"Wait, what are Zigzagoon doing in Kanto? Okay, nevermind, first battle. You did fine before, but remember that this is a wild battle. They won't hold back like Edge's Chikorita." Zigzagoon in Kanto? What is going on here?

And she promptly bashed it into a nearby tree. "You'll do just fine."

Some time later.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Yay, I get to be a carrier boy."
    "YAY!!!"
    "Oh, and can I draw three tickets for trainer catches? For routes 1, 2 and 22.
    "Certainly."

While prying Merry off of his face: "You could *grunt* say that."

"Yeah, apparently phones have yet to be invented so the shop in Viridian sent me to play courrier. I'm not doing it again."

*double facepalm*

"Screw this, I'm not dealing with your BS this time, Edge." And that's when I punched Edge in the face and left the lab. "Thanks for the 'dex, Professor. I'll make sure to use it to the best of my ability. Too bad about the new lotto for trainers' catches. What happened to the good old days when you could just run off into the wilds and catch what you wanted to? *sigh*"
    "It is a shame, but we don't want to turn into Orre. That place used to be more lush that Johto, but now..."

"Let me guess, my bro said to not come here to borrow one of our maps?"
    "I'm sure if he could he would!

"Poochyena. That's ticket number one. Alright, don't kill him. We want to add some friends to our team, okay?"
    "I'll try!"

"I'm sorry! He looked like he could take another hit!"
    "*sigh* Don't worry, we'll just try again on route 22."

"...Well there isn't any doubt that you're a tough little Squirtle."
    "I'll do better next time. I promise."

"No, although I am curious about why so many Pokémon are in a non-native land for them. Snubble and Zigzagoon in Kanto? Spearow on route 1?"
    "It is unusual. There was a strange migration that occured a few years back."
    "Years? But everything was fine just yesterday!"
    "Hm, that is indeed strange that you would remember that. No, things have been rather off for some time. You may want to try talking to Mr. Fuji. He lives in Lavender Town. He may know about your situation. Certainly more than I would.

I can't help but notice your small team. You do know how to catch Pokémon, right?"

"I do, though my little companion here seems to be a bit too...energetic. Luckly our next ticket is for a Roselia, which she hopefully won't knock out."
    I see. Well, best of luck to you then!

"Be careful this time. We will be on our own for quite some time if you're not careful."
    "I will be careful this time."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lost the shot of when it appeared.

"Hello, I am Gaia. Feel free to explore this area, but please leave my family alone."

"Merry! Knocking someone into an inch of their life is not how you make friends!"
    "It's going to be fine. She'll live."
    "Here, come with us to a center. We'll get you well again."

"My family will be fine for a while. Okay, let us go."

Gaia's injuries and Merry's poisoning were taken care off thankfully. Unfortunatly, when we came back...

...Zigzagoon had came and killed her family. Children, even her mate lay dead.
    "I WILL MURDER EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, AND ALL OF YOUR SPAWN!!!"
    And then she stabbed them with her poisonous barbs. Each was poisoned and hung by the tail of a tree. And that was only the ones nearby. What happened to the rest...I can't even describe. It was too horrible to watch.

"Gaia, this one isn't a-"
    "DON'T CARE!!!"

"Anyone who dares harm my family will suffer the consequences!"

*panting mixed with weeping* Okay, I have calmed down... I need a rest.
    "Don't worry, you still have us."
    "We're your family now!"
    "Thank you."

"Your kindness gives me some strength."

"We're getting stronger!"
    "Yeah, squirtle are supposed to evolve pretty soon."

"I will help my family in any way I can."

"I no longer fear you birds!"

"Suffer birds!"
    "Gaia, control yourself."

After a few hours, we decided to visit the Plateau to see if anyone there had any idea what was wrong with me. We felt we could handle anything that showed up.

"When suddenly, a wild ******* appeared!

"No, actually. I was going to see if anyone knew why I have no memory of the last few years of what transpired here."

"Why would I need badges to ask a simple question?"

"Hm, yet another thing that changed."

"Well...." "You could say that."

"Okay, I challenge you to a battle to the death!"

"Tyke, fake her out before she can hit."

"Whoa, wait, what happened?"

"Absorb, Gaia."
    "With pleasure."

I could almost see Tyke's life draining from him. I felt sympathy for him, but that was what he got for fighting dirty.

"Tyke! Dangit. Go, Amerigo!
    "Gaia, sit this one out."
    "Okay, let's go!"

"Actually, I changed my mind. Go, Vin!"

"Let's not make this a switch war. Go, Gaia!"

As I guessed, Vin used razor leaf. Gaia took it like a champ, and fired a barage of toxic needles in response."

Vin: Ha! Still standi-"

And then he fell unconscious from poisoning. "Save your energy, Gaia. He's not worth it."

"Go Gaia! Rip him up!"
    "Agressive little creature, aren't you?"

And then Merry began blowing a stream of bubbles into the air to cheer Gaia on.

Amerigo: "Ugh, my wing..."

Merry, water gun."

Amerigo was sent sprawling into a tree, screeming. "Whoa, don't kill him! He didn't do anything wrong like Tyke." Merry stopped spitting water. Amerigo was unconscious, though clearly alive.

"How about a test of that new move?"
    "Yay!!!"

The seemingly harmless bubbles hit the small cub like a steady stream of rocks. It was brutal. I looked away for a second. Battles were never this bad as far as I remembered. When I turned back, Merry was merrily playing in the cub's now disembowelled body. "MERRY! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING!?"
    "Playing?"
    "Stop it! You don't play in the corpse of a fallen Pokémon!"

"Might I suggest, I don't know, aquiring those badges that you were bragging to me were oh so necessary? Good Arceus, you're a jerk and you're stupid!"

"Then please allow us to go before Merry begins playing in- dangit Gaia, stop eating it!"
    "Mgmf?"

We burried the fallen teddiursa, and piled a few stones on Tyke, and returned to the center for a well needed rest. The next day, we would be heading into Viridian Forest.

In Viridian Forest, I can catch the following. Let's roll to see which one I get!
    CATERPIE: 20%. (1-20)
    WEEDLE: 20%. (21-40)
    ROSELIA: 10%. (41-50 will be re-rolled)
    SPINARAK: 10%. (51-60)
    SHELMET: 10%. (61-70)
    SURSKIT: 10%. (71-80) Rolled an 80. So close to a Gastly!
    GASTLY: 5%. (81-85)
    MISDREAVUS: 5%. (86-90)
    MURKROW: 5%. (91-95)
    PICHU: 4%. (96-99)
    CHIKORITA: 1% (100)

I'll change Merry's color next time. I didn't think it would be that blinding. Also, what do you guys think so far?

EDIT: And apparently something happed that caused me to have to restart, and I forgot that I said the character's name was Esper, not Esprit. My bad.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-19 at 02:32 AM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Good update. It's fun to see how much things got changed. I also liked your IC explanation for the 1 pokemon limitation.

I've got nothing for a surskit offhand though, I'll edit/post again later if I think of anything.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

How am I doing with the characters?

And don't worry about not having an idea for surskit. I am going to have a ton of homework this weekend (US History project, physics and Pre-Calc problems, and then read 200 pages in Brave New World). Yesterday was my goof around day.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-19 at 12:17 PM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you're doing fine.

btw where did this mod come from? Googling "Alternate Evolution Pokemon Mod" brings up nothing. If you can't post it here for whatever reason PM me please.

25. - Top - End - #25

Surskit Aqua. Was abused to produce sweet scent to help look for a shiny. Hates humans.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I think you're doing fine.

btw where did this mod come from? Googling "Alternate Evolution Pokemon Mod" brings up nothing. If you can't post it here for whatever reason PM me please.
    It was made by EdgeofForever on the Nuzlocke forum. I won't post links because I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Fair enough. That would explain why it wouldnt show up on a google search, since Nuzlocke forums don't even allow view access unless you're registered.

I did some searching and found a different hack that I like the sound of. Not sure if I'll do a let's play of it or not yet, but it seems interesting. It's called Pokemon Snakewood, and it turns the game into basically a zombie apocalypse.

Start out in the first town and it's destroyed with you as the only survivor with almost no memory, and 3 pokemon left in the rubble of Birch's house to choose from.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

DO IT. You know you want to.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Booya! Knocked out last 200 pages in an afternoon!

Also, I forgot that Pewter apparently has grass in it now. I'll take care of that after I leave the gym, as well as route 3.

Pewter Ticket:
    - SEEDOT: 30%.
    - LOTAD: 30%.
    - MACHOP: 20%. (74, I wasn't looking forward to anything here. *crosses fingers for a cool alt-evo*)
    - ZIGZAGOON: 10%.
    - SNUBBULL: 10%.

Route 3 Ticket:
    - EKANS: 20%. (16)
    - POOCHYENA: 20%.
    - VENONAT: 15%.
    - SWINUB: 15%.
    - GLIGAR: 10%.
    - NATU: 10%.
    - TOGEPI: 5%.
    - DUNSPARCE: 5%.

And now for the main event!

How Esprit, Gaia and Merry made a new friend, and then burned down a forest without flame
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well let's see where we can find a...surskit. *explitive*"

"A lottory. Why did it have to be a lottory? Most people only caught one or two pokémon anyways, and it was normally just the first one they saw."

"You guys get screwed by the lotto too?"
    "Nah. I'm looking for a Shelmet, Sammy drew a Surskit but got his dad to get him a redraw and went looking for a Herracross (I didn't know there were any here), and Anthony went looking for a Spinarak."
    "I hate you all."

"Good to know."

After a few minutes of searching, I found a small pond with a little Surskit gloomily slidding across it.

"Hey little fella! You look kinda glum."
    "*sigh* My trainer released me after I began to complain about him abusing me. He was obsessed I tell you! He beat me, trying to get me to produce sweet sent to bring shinies to him!"
    "That's terrible! Here, come with us. We don't care whether you're shiney or not."
    "Really? Thanks! I'm Aqua, by the way."

"No escape!"
    "I'm not going down that easily!"
    He then fired several bubbles at the antpit pokémon, which upon getting close, detonated violently, ripping up ground like grenades and sending a very surprised trapinch into a nearby tree.

"Ha! Getting stronger! Thank you for bringing me along."

"Nothing will hurt my family. Nothing."

"I wish I had not been born a Surskit. We are such a weak species."
    "Don't worry. I hear that Masquarain can be quite nasty."

"Esprit, aren't we overpreparing a little bit?"
    "No. I've had friends who were trainers who thought things would be fine. One thought he would be fine against a water gym, even though his Cradily, Sten, had just been killed in a battle with a...very powerful water-type. The only thing that save his last team member, Ciel, was that he had collected a copious amount of potions, and could stall for time. He thought he was ready, and Ciel even had a type advantage."
    "That's terrifying."

"A massequarain, you said? Surskit hatch on our own, so we never see our parents. What are they like?"
    "My buddy in Hoenn (the same one from before) told me about them. Really beautiful looking, even if a bit scary. They have huge wings that look like eyes, and little eyes and markings that look like a mouth. They're quite a sight, apparently."
    "I wish I could evolve faster."

"Don't even worry about it. We'll never force you to use that move. It's useless nowadays anyways with the new capture laws."

"How you doing back there, Aqua?"
    "Pretty good. Looks like you're lagging behind us a bit! "

"You're right. Merry, get out there!

"Yay! I get to kill stuff!"

"Yay, I get to cause critical injuries to stuff!"

"I feel funny..."
    "Maybe it was playing in the organs of your enemies after I told you not to."

"YEAH! LET'S GO KILL STUFF!!!
    "What did I just say?"
    "CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM!!!"
    "I THINK I LOST MY HEARING AFTER THAT!"
    "WHAT!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! I THINK I LOST MY HEARING! MERRY, PLEASE STOP YELLING!!"

"YEAH! Killing stuff so we can kill more stuff!
    "I hope the next personality change is to one a bit more...calm."

"Who leaves perfectly good medicine lying around?"

"Sir, please turn one hundred eighty degrees to either your left or right and continue in that direction for an unspecified amount of time."
    "She scared me less when she yelled."

But he did not listen. After the explosion of more bubble grenades...

"Nothing in the rules about Pokémon not jammin' out!"
    "Wait where did you get an electric guitar!? And where is the power coming from!?"
    "The power of awesome!"
    She struck the chords on the guitar, and nothing happpened. "You were saying?"
    "Not. One. Word."

"Humans are so terrible at cleaning up! It's as if they don't even realize that there are living creatures here!"

"That's him! That's the trainer that beat me!"
    "So, you like messing with young Pokémon? You should be ashamed!"
    "Guys, I'll scout ahead while you...deal with this."

There was a distinct sound of explosions, and what sounded like rocks being quickly thrown at something soft. That lacked an exoskeleton. After a few minutes, the sound quieted and my team caught up with me.

"I think he learned his lesson."
    "You guys are brutal."

*raises hand*

We were almost out of the forest, when out of the green, some kid tackled me, claiming I scared off a large bug that he was going after.

I guess he found that Heracross he was looking for. It tried showing off a little bit, pulling off large branches from nearby trees and throwing them in our general direction, intenionally missing (or just having outright missed by a mile). Merry didn't flinch, and fired a barrage of bubbles at the beetle. The Heracross slammed into a tree, clearly injured. Little known fact that I and apparently the Pokédex makers didn't know: Heracross have two chemicals in their abdomin that are highly flamable when mixed. The bubbles apparently hit with enough force to mix these. The Heracross had it's lower abdomine rupture, burning a hole in the tree. Aqua tried to put out the fire, but the blasts from the bubbles only spread it further into more trees. Before I could think of anything else, the area was in flames. Remembering that Gaia and Aqua would not be able to take the heat for long, we ran out. A bit of wind picked up. By the time we exited the other forest building, the smoke and flame had reached several hundred feet and had engulfed most of the forest. I hoped th other kids could get out all right.

"Okay, that was not normal. Did any of you know that Heracross could do that?"

"I was just as shocked as you. Wish I thought to use watergun on it before the wind picked up. After the bubbles spread it, I panic'd.
    "It was an accident!"
    "Don't worry, all the living people were close to an entrance."
    "Living?"
    "...nothing.
    "Okay, let's rest at the center after that excitement."

Comments appreciated. Yes, I exagerated a characteristic of a real animal in Heracross for comedy/horror. Thoughts on Merry's personality change after evolving? Anything else I could do/not do to improve?
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-21 at 02:00 AM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Huh I did not know that. Sucks to be that Heracross.

Machop. A protein junkie, only cares about getting stronger, not sleep or food or anything.

Ekans Likes to devour its victims whole, when you try to stop it, complains that it needs to eat meat to survive.