New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: 'And once more shall the gods of men walk among their people.' [IC]

Kylissa

Listening to this discussion, Kylissa realized that she was far removed from many of these inter-Imperial politics. Oh, she had her fair share of impact on these exact kinds of discussions, but rarely did she care about the content leading up to a decision that required her level of expertise - just the details of the target and desired endstate.

That being said, it provided a certain amount of insight that was both intriguing and telling. Each passionate discourse, or contrarian comment, or terse acknowledgement spoke volumes about the speaker. And sometimes more about the listeners.

It made her wonder what the others had learned of her during her 'speech.'
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Atticus is strangely humble when he responds to Cassandra's disparaging comments,

"I find, through a certain determination, my lady, that both myself and my adviser, Sister Marachena, receive truthful answers should the Imperium truly require them. We rarely receive silence, and never receive untruth, for untruth is anathema to humanity and its Emperor...

... Regardless I believe you misheard me. I did not intend to suggest that I would condemn any supposedly loyal Astartes... I intended to suggest that I could make him condemn himself by his own admission, should he be guilty. Truth finds truth."

His voice is quiet at present, the light and the choir-like backing having disappeared now.

"We have our strengths, and I think we can play to them. Adeptus Astartes may be superhuman, but we have the Emperor on our side. A few simple questions, properly asked, and properly backed, and we can be on our way to a Second Great Crusade."

He goes on, explaining further,

"I am sure that you, yourself, have many contacts within the Imperium. One likely has cells of agents, or contacts throughout the Adepta. These are strengths which the Inquisition has. Those strengths are limited in the Webway, or in the Eye of Terror. They are not the home territories of the Inquisition."

The small Inquisitor, likely the smallest person in the room, nods towards Drake, attempting to encourage the Storm Trooper to take part,

"Likewise, I do not believe the Storm Trooper Regiment have many listening posts, supply depots or staging points within either...

The same, I would assume, would go for the Officio Assassinorum and the Adeptus Mechanicus, although I am not privy to many of their secrets."

He pauses a little,

"I, of course, am going to say that our strengths lie within the Imperium itself. Here, we have better lines of supply, better knowledge, better intelligence and better resources in general. Here, we are at our strongest. Therefore, I would say that we should focus our efforts on things we can achieve within the Imperium itself. We already have a living Primarch within the Imperium, according to our Custodian ally, here.

I am intrigued as to why investigating a Space Marine chapter is considered more dangerous than a voyage into the Eye or the Webway, to be honest. Investigation and subtlety should be our strong suits, should we play it that way... and even should we be more blatant, dealing with suspected rogue Astartes chapters has been done before by the Inquisition, and on a grander scale than the Dark Angels and the Unforgiven.

Might I remind you of the Badab War, and that the forces of Lufgt Huron were much grander than those of Grand Master Azrael's? Might I remind you that Chapter Master Huron was far more popular than Azrael amongst the Astartes as a whole?

Now, I am not suggesting another Badab War, the opposite in fact, but I am showing that they are not an insurmountable force.

In fact, I am of the position that, being loyal servants of the Emperor, simply asking to see the Lion should be enough. With enough Inquisitors asking, and believe me, the Thorians will be asking, with the support of the Adeptus Custodes themselves... well, they'll be more than pleased to share an audience with the Lion, surely?"

Interestingly, he hasn't mentioned Cypher again. It's not like he doesn't already have folk keeping an eye out already.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2011-12-02 at 08:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

V556

Listening to the Inquisitors debate the assassin rapidly gains an insight into the confusion that surrounds many missions submitted to the Temple.
    Very well master Inquisitor. Let us see you bring these truths to light. I am certain the Lady Kylissa and myself can remain unseen watchers and protectors if you should he choose silence or outrage over self condemnation.

Glancing at the custode he will ask Let us hope Azrael himself answers this call of custodes and Holy Ordos and dies.not honour us with a contingent company Captains.
    In case this grand denouncement does not go to plan would you have access to any plans or information on the Dark Angels fortress?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Inquisitor Atticus, may I inquire as to what contigencies you have established should the Grand Master decide that the secrets of his chapter are worth more than your life?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

"Again, I do not plan on denouncement. I plan on making a simple request. My contingencies are as follows:

We rely on the fact that the Dark Angels are less popular than other non-Codex chapters. We rely on our strengths, our alliances and our reputations, to have more allies than they... making any such attack too dangerous to make.

Befriending, for instance, Logan Grimnar of the Space Wolves, could help. Gathering fellow Inquisitors, as well as Chapters known for punishing the unorthodox in the Badab War, such as, for instance the Carcharadons, or more importantly, the Red Scorpions, could also help.

Furthermore, if the meeting is not conducted in the shadows of the Rock itself, but in a semi-public forum, such as a council of war, with representatives from various Adepta, various Chapter Masters, various Inquisitors et cetera, Azrael may prove disinclined to draw steel, at least immediately. Should he wish to kill me later, I couldn't care less, to be honest... the Emperor Protects, after all, does he not?

Effectively, we arrange a meeting in a location where it would be a major faux-pas for him to attack us. I must admit, there is little love lost between myself and the Unforgiven Chapters, but I believe them to be the key here, unfortunately.

Regardless, getting the other Astartes on side shouldn't prove exceptionally difficult if we offer a little bit of knowledge, if not every detail. If the Space Marines believe that we can offer any sort of help recovering their missing Primarchs, they may be inclined to assist.

If, for example, the Space Wolves, Salamanders or White Scars believe that their Primarch can be found, surely they will believe that the Lion, reborn as the Emperor, will be able to help find them, no?"

Atticus speaks relatively quickly, trying to finish up so that the others can speak, looking around reasonably quickly to look for alternative opinions.