New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Shall we criticize the scarf now? It will likely be more interesting than the comic.
    This is probably the only bit of Dominic Deegan merchandise that's actually worth the money.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Question is- Why? Why would i want to put on a Scarf of Dominic unless I want to dress up as an obscure great villain.

3. - Top - End - #573

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    Question is- Why? Why would i want to put on a Scarf of Dominic unless I want to dress up as an obscure great villain.
    You just answered your own question.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shall we criticize the scarf now? It will likely be more interesting than the comic.
    I'm honestly ambivalent regarding the scarf. If it wasn't an obvious deegan-cash-in, I wouldn't care one bit and would say 'yes, that is a scarf'. I guess the best I can work up is that it's not the canon green and purple?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

5. - Top - End - #575
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ninja_penguin View Post
    I'm honestly ambivalent regarding the scarf. If it wasn't an obvious deegan-cash-in, I wouldn't care one bit and would say 'yes, that is a scarf'. I guess the best I can work up is that it's not the canon green and purple?
    Well... I think it might be both. I know the references I used for the Dominic Pony were purple-on-purple, since that's what I ended up with and I WAS using references. But... now that I think about it, it was green and purple at some point too.
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Canon is purple-on-purple, and as far as I know has always been.
    For reference, Puppet Master Dominic, Lord Dominus, and He-Dom.

Also, Hey-look-at-that-I-guess-it-did-affect-him-at-one-point Dominic. I think Mookie didn't color anything before Storm of Souls, so I didn't look further back in the archives.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-05 at 12:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #577

Hm, it's highly possible that my mind has blurred it over with his shirt. Now this bothers me because I have a very clear image of it being green and purple.

Maybe I'm just mistaken. Was I mistaken? Or just...guided? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Fan art, maybe?

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    Don't do it! Mookie ruined WM in Court of Karnak because he thought that it would make the WM fans shut up. If he finds out that WM still has fans, it will only encourage him to ruin WM even more.
    Hm, true that. And with some of the unpleasant possibilities random11 mentioned it won't do that.

At least not at a con Mookie attends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    6) Be warned, do not open this idea:

Spoiler
    Show
    All of the above.

The father of WM was raped by an orc woman. WM is actually a half orc and his actions are motivated from self hate.
    However, last events before his death were actually made by his half brother, who used magic to replace the real WM (with the help of the Travolta family).
    Now, the real WM is still in prison, planning his puppy kicking contest techniques there.

Warned you...
    There is a critical flaw in your plan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're assuming that Mookie recognizes that a female raping a male is a bad thing.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

11. - Top - End - #581

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're assuming that Mookie recognizes that a female raping a male is a bad thing.
    Alterism.

I'm... I'm so sorry, everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Selling scarves is a good idea. I'm surprised he doesn't do it all the time. He should be selling Dominic pins from the War in Hell arc too.

All Mookie has in his store apart from the books are t-shirt, the only designs being that awful Mongrel Heart one (now in clearance) and Death From Above.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's an idea: Mookie should go into the scarf selling business and use his comic as an advertisement platform. That way the comic had a direction and a stringent theme, and we had less of that aimless writing.
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

14. - Top - End - #584

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    Alterism.

In five years, there will be a time travel arc that will either result of Celesto, Melna, or Bulgak being altered an sent back in time to become warlord mustache.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

15. - Top - End - #585
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Thark View Post
    Best Jayden arc EVAR!
    I think this is actually a very good and valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Am I the only one who's just glad this was resolved like adults instead of having a week of Miranda beamspamming her parents and Donovan hitting them with a guitar?
    I tend to agree. Also: I still love how Dominic's Granpappy is canonically a guy who mind-screwed people. Best time I've had reading the comic in awhile.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Strado could have joined DD's cool old dudes club, if only he had been introduced at a better time.

Writing cool old dudes is ridiculously easy, though, so no points for Mookie anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mwchase View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alterism.

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Also, look what I found. That's two months before The March Across Maltak (chapter breaks coming soon) (and two years before Altered States).
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-05 at 05:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ninja_penguin View Post
    In five years, there will be a time travel arc that will either result of Celesto, Melna, or Bulgak being altered an sent back in time to become warlord mustache.
    Melna will go back in time and rape warlord mustache.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

18. - Top - End - #588

GnomeWizardGuy

EDIT: Also, look what I found. That's two months before The March Across Maltak (chapter breaks coming soon) (and two years before Altered States).
    In retrospect after Walk the Wild Edge, Spark has the most horrifying costume.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    In retrospect after Walk the Wild Edge, Spark has the most horrifying costume.
    Ha...just think about Dominic's circle of friends for a second. You've got Rapechel the mercenary, Stonewater the sexy rapist (also warlord), Dejah the absolute omnivore, and Milov the crazy werewolf.
    And Szark the repentant serial killer, but he is actually the one to be least concerned about.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-05 at 06:01 PM. Reason: I neglected to mention what kind of rapist Stonewater is. I will never be able to forgive myself.

20. - Top - End - #590

GnomeWizardGuy

And Szark the repentant serial killer, but he is actually the one to be least concerned about.
    Szark is also a rapist. And the way Dejah slimes Luna every time means I'd chalk him up for molestation. The "crazy werewolf" is the most moral and sensible of the lot.

21. - Top - End - #591

The "crazy werewolf" is the most moral and sensible of the lot.
    What, the emotion-crazed beast person?
    Remember, Nimmel's a good guy.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Szark is also a rapist. And the way Dejah slimes Luna every time means I'd chalk him up for molestation. The "crazy werewolf" is the most moral and sensible of the lot.
    He outlawed the Luanian Church because Jayden cheated on him. He personally blew their mini-Aberthast up as far as I can remember.

Before that, this happened, so however one may judge his other actions, he's crazy. (In this comic, the racists are only wrong because Dominic says they are.)

Szark still has the excuse of demonic possession, although how much that actually means is kind of unclear (like just about everything in this comic).
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-05 at 06:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #593

GnomeWizardGuy

He outlawed the Luanian Church because Jayden cheated on him. He personally blew their mini-Aberthast up as far as I can remember.

Before that, this happened, so however one may judge his other actions, he's crazy. (In this comic, the racists are only wrong because Dominic says they are.)
    I'm not going to dig through Shadows of Siggy again, but I thought the other werewolves all hated the Luanian Church and the only reason there was chapel there was because Milov allowed one due to the loyalty bond with Jayden.

And he attacked the Illusio-Jayden because he was goaded into it by Siggy's demonic visions and with Dom and Luna's help.

Admittedly Milov still is a emotion-crazed beast person, but when the criteria include "not a rapist", "doesn't get off on murder" and "doesn't make hugely inappropriate puns at dead women" then there aren't that many left.

Szark still has the excuse of demonic possession, although how much that actually means is kind of unclear (like just about everything in this comic).
    Szark was under demonic possession and Bumper was under Amelia's mind control, but afterwards Szark never cared and was all jokey about it. It's the same with all the killings - Szark was more mopey about how he couldn't get in Dominic pants than all the horrible things he did in his past.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

He blew it up because the majority of the werewolves (read: almost everyone else) wanted the Callanians out, so he made it that the Callanians couldn't build their own places to live or spread their culture. It wasn't his personal decision.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #595
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    He blew it up because the majority of the werewolves (read: almost everyone else) wanted the Callanians out, so he made it that the Callanians couldn't build their own places to live or spread their culture. It wasn't his personal decision.
    Yeah it was a political thing. He is basically in charge, and he stuck his neck out for jayden and her church's sake. Then everyone learned she cheated on him and he got a black eye, politically speaking. He had no real choice but to do that to get his peoples respect back.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

26. - Top - End - #596

I've just started to read it. Currently on Monday, September 16, 2002. Don't see why people hate it, but maybe it gets more pretentious later, ho-hum.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

This'll be interesting...

28. - Top - End - #598

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Speaking of which, other than research what does an illusionist do?
    What is Miranda's father job?

Entertainment?
    Business simulations?
    Security?
    Magical thief?
    There's also military applications for illusions I guess, but yea Miranda's father really wouldn't have many lucrative options in his field. Although Mookie would never do it, it would be interesting if the Grandparents were against the marriage because Grandmama Deegan was supporting Grandpappy Deegan, and they didn't want their daughter to be married to a loser like her dad.

29. - Top - End - #599

I wonder how long this new guy will keep reading. Usually they get bored and quit before they make it to the really bad stuff.

30. - Top - End - #600

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    I've just started to read it. Currently on Monday, September 16, 2002. Don't see why people hate it, but maybe it gets more pretentious later, ho-hum.
    Please please keep us updated. If you can keep a running log of your thoughts, that would be amazing! It would be a re-run of the Experiment, with Koorly!

Well, Koorly almost had a few nervous breakdowns because of the Experiment. Maybe don't try and run Maltak through in one sitting?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.