New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Well, after careful consideration I have decided against reading the comment. I would still stay here and talk to you guys, but it's pretty dishonest to snark about a webcomic without actually having read it.

Also, this thread moves pretty quickly. Hard to keep up with, you know?
    Enjoy it while you can, and don't worry, one day you'll join us.
    They all do...

(no zombie smiley? pity)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Feddlefew View Post
    Thanks.
    Yes. **** move, Donovan. He knows that he still needs to interact with them occasionally after the wedding, right? And what about Marinda's relationship with her parents?
    Does he?

We never heard of any family other than Miranda, Donoven and the kids
    So as for all we know, Miranda's parents just popped into existence now when Dominic was telling their story.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ah, right. There is no object permanence in DD.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Its realy funny if they PHYSICALLY do that. Like with a poof.

"Well played Donavan"

POOF

"And then we never heard of them again. The end."

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Why the heck do Deegans stay in Callan if they hate everything about it so much?
    They don't want to give up the commodities of living in a first world country, obviously.

(Also, bitching about it is easier than actually acting on it. )
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #696
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    They don't want to give up the commodities of living in a first world country, obviously.

(Also, bitching about it is easier than actually acting on it. )
    Just because you like a couple of aspects of one country better doesnt automatically mean you hate the other one. They wanted to try something different for their wedding, why is that such a goddamn crime to you people? It is THEIR wedding after all, you would think the bride and groom might have a little say in what happens there. So they caved and let momma deegans parents run the show, but came back with sneaking in at least their taste in music. You know what? Id like my wedding to be something ill enjoy, not some stuffy affair that I had nothing to do with aside from saying "I do." Donovan arranging for the band to not show up was nowhere near as ****ish as her parents taking over the ceremony and dictating whats going to happen there.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #697
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Because:

A: How snooty mookie Donovan acts because of this
    B: I almost forgot this is a fantasy comic
    C: Anything that is not exacly perfect for the DD crew is automaticaly EVIL.
    D: How much in character Mookie Donovan is

So what? Sit through it once for the sake of her annoying parents.

Its mostly how its portrayed as the end of the effing world.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Just because you like a couple of aspects of one country better doesnt automatically mean you hate the other one. They wanted to try something different for their wedding, why is that such a goddamn crime to you people? It is THEIR wedding after all, you would think the bride and groom might have a little say in what happens there. So they caved and let momma deegans parents run the show, but came back with sneaking in at least their taste in music. You know what? Id like my wedding to be something ill enjoy, not some stuffy affair that I had nothing to do with aside from saying "I do." Donovan arranging for the band to not show up was nowhere near as ****ish as her parents taking over the ceremony and dictating whats going to happen there.
    That is an incredibly selfish way of looking at it. The bride and groom are NOT the only people who matter at their wedding-- if they want to do a non-traditional ceremony, they can do a SEPARATE one. Miranda's from a well-to-do family, and they do have a social status to uphold. Their enjoyment isn't the only thing at stake here, and Donovan is going to insult a bunch of old people for no reason other than it's metal. Oh, sure, they'll probably love it, but it's still a **** move to take this over. Not to mention through SABOTAGE. Instead of talking to them like a real adult, he says NO I WANT METAL DUNANANANANA NA NAHHH and I don't give a CRAP if you like it or not!

I don't care if they have a non-traditional wedding, but the people AT the wedding don't want that. Her parents aren't happy about it, and it's an insult to their hospitality. It's blatantly alienating them for no reason other than "I want". There are other things in life to worry about than what YOU want and what entertains YOU.
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

9. - Top - End - #699

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    Because:

A: How snooty mookie Donovan acts because of this
    B: I almost forgot this is a fantasy comic
    C: Anything that is not exacly perfect for the DD crew is automaticaly EVIL.
    D: How much in character Mookie Donovan is

So what? Sit through it once for the sake of her annoying parents.

Its mostly how its portrayed as the end of the effing world.
    But...... its not being portrayed as the end of the world. The parents acknowledged a sneaky move and didnt throw a fit. The married couple didnt throw a spastic fit about allowing a conventional wedding, so this isnt some huge "statement" about not letting "the man" keep them down or whatever. This was donovan sneaking in his (and presumably his wifes) taste in music as their own little touch of detail added to the wedding. Its NOT a big deal.

That is an incredibly selfish way of looking at it. The bride and groom are NOT the only people who matter at their wedding-- if they want to do a non-traditional ceremony, they can do a SEPARATE one. Miranda's from a well-to-do family, and they do have a social status to uphold. Their enjoyment isn't the only thing at stake here, and Donovan is going to insult a bunch of old people for no reason other than it's metal. Oh, sure, they'll probably love it, but it's still a **** move to take this over. Not to mention through SABOTAGE. Instead of talking to them like a real adult, he says NO I WANT METAL DUNANANANANA NA NAHHH and I don't give a CRAP if you like it or not!

I don't care if they have a non-traditional wedding, but the people AT the wedding don't want that. Her parents aren't happy about it, and it's an insult to their hospitality. It's blatantly alienating them for no reason other than "I want". There are other things in life to worry about than what YOU want and what entertains YOU.
    And its somehow LESS selfish for her parents to declare that it doesnt matter what the couple getting married want, its all about THEM? Also, once again, the grand deegans dont exactly seem enraged, or even particularly annoyed. In fact, grandpappy deegan seems a bit impressed that donovan pulled this off. So no its not alienating them, or insulting their hospitality, its freaking music.
    Last edited by Traab; 2011-12-07 at 12:45 PM.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #700
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Its simply because everything always goes through pitch perfectly for the DD crew you can rather easily interpret how any minor thing (Oh no our wedding is more conservative) is met with "OMG how awfull".

Im more annoyed by Doms commentary then anything.....I realised just now how disturbing it is that a child you havent even born yet is now watching you in the past from the future.

11. - Top - End - #701

One last thing, so many of you seem to be expecting donovans band to be Facebath: The Prequel, but I honestly doubt it. I mean, donovan IS a professional, the music wont be standard stuff for the most part, (I bet he would throw in a few classic callanian songs just because) but I doubt we will be listening to the callanian version of 80s rock at a wedding. He isnt adam sandler, the wedding singer.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Orc in the Playground

And its somehow LESS selfish for her parents to declare that it doesnt matter what the couple getting married want, its all about THEM? Also, once again, the grand deegans dont exactly seem enraged, or even particularly annoyed. In fact, grandpappy deegan seems a bit impressed that donovan pulled this off. So no its not alienating them, or insulting their hospitality, its freaking music.
    No, it's not less selfish for them to do this. They're the rich in-laws, I'm 90% sure they're paying for it. The only reason they're not annoyed is because Mookie is incapable of seeing any viewpoint other than his own as valid, so they just automatically accept the "right" way to do it.

That's what's bothering me. People act like children, and if anyone fights them about it they're shot down. It IS alienating them and insulting their hospitality. I like kpop, but if I went to a beautiful, expensive wedding and some ******* started playing Muzik-- my favorite kpop song-- I would be pretty bothered. It's bad taste, it's interrupting the ceremony for your own whims, it's not thinking about anyone else but yourself.

Of course I'm probably putting too much thought into this. I'm thinking about the rich Deegan family and friends and other socialites that came to have fun, and how they'll feel when the planning is thrown out the window so Donovan can be metal. I'm thinking about why the parents would want their daughter to have a normal wedding instead of being gossiped about and laughed at. I'm thinking about how they just wanted to see their daughter get married to a nice man and not a bum raised by elves who they believe is only after her title. I'm thinking about the atmosphere of the wedding being broken by the wrong type of music, whether I like it or not. I'm thinking about the band who won't get paid because Donovan's a ****. I'm thinking about how embarrassed the grandparents will be trying to explain to their friends why their daughter is marrying a man who can't cut his hair and can't have one goddamned formal party.

So yes, far more thought than Mookie put into it.
    With Open Eyes
    ---

13. - Top - End - #703

I'm gonna have to echo Toast et al. and say that Donovan is at fault here. I mean, sure, Miranda's parents could have allowed some variation in the classic design, but assuming Callan is really anything like the medieval society it superficially resembles, stuff like this would matter a lot.

More importantly, viewing your wedding as the time to begin some childish power struggle with your in-laws in just terrible. Heck, viewing the relationship with your in-laws that way is terrible in general. I know how much of a cliche it is that in-laws will hate their son/daughter in-law, but it's a really annoying stereotype none the less. Seriously, these people are going to be your close relatives for the rest of your life (or until divorce), and you decide the best way to start the relationship is to start in with the passive-aggressive psychological warfare? No wonder they don't like you, it turns out you're an ass, Donovan.

And let's be honest here, a wedding doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things. It's a ceremony , as Toast said, for the friends and family to celebrate. Does the fact the Donovan wasn't able to wear black snakes twisted around his body really make the fact that he's with Miranda any less special?
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2011-12-07 at 12:56 PM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

14. - Top - End - #704
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

You know what? I realised what was bugging me:

THIS BULL****!

Its been falling drip by drip but im finally fed up with it.

This mannerism of going "Oh well my character is spewing his own advice on life and showin how much better it is then other opinions...But thats totally not my opinion, oh no"

The orcs, The deegans. Im fed up with it. Just outright state your ****ing opinion through your characters mookie or separate them! Dont go this ****ing halfassed way where you ca always back off and say "Well its not MY opinion".

15. - Top - End - #705

BlueWizardGirl

You know, I haven't read through the entire comic yet, but isn't Donovan supposed to have good diplomatic skills? Upperclass weddings were historically/are basically one of the biggest diplomatic events, the joining of two (possibly opposing) families which each theoretically hold considerable social, political and economic power.

So, Donnovan is basically grafting himself onto the Deegan family, and instead of at least demonstrating that he could pull his weight in whatever shenanigans the family is involved with, is about to prove (in an expensive and highly public way) that he's a liability.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feddlefew View Post
    You know, I haven't read through the entire comic yet, but isn't Donovan supposed to have good diplomatic skills? Upperclass weddings were historically/are basically one of the biggest diplomatic events, the joining of two (possibly opposing) families which each theoretically hold considerable social, political and economic power.

So, Donnovan is basically grafting himself onto the Deegan family, and instead of at least demonstrating that he could pull his weight in whatever shenanigans the family is involved with, is about to prove (in an expensive and highly public way) that he's a liability.
    Exactly! You understand what I'm saying. It doesn't actually matter what they want, the wedding is NOT about them. At least, it shouldn't be, if written properly. It's a business meeting. It's a chance to make connections. It's a chance to show people that sure, Donovan was raised by elves and has no name and so on, but he can fit in with us just fine. Except he can't. He can only make a scene.
    With Open Eyes
    ---

17. - Top - End - #707

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    I'm gonna have to echo Toast et al. and say that Donovan is at fault here. I mean, sure, Miranda's parents could have allowed some variation in the classic design, but assuming Callan is really anything like the medieval society it superficially resembles, stuff like this would matter a lot.

More importantly, viewing your wedding as the time to begin some childish power struggle with your in-laws in just terrible. Heck, viewing the relationship with your in-laws that way is terrible in general. I know how much of a cliche it is that in-laws will hate their son/daughter in-law, but it's a really annoying stereotype none the less. Seriously, these people are going to be your close relatives for the rest of your life (or until divorce), and you decide the best way to start the relationship is to start in with the passive-aggressive psychological warfare? No wonder they don't like you, it turns out you're an ass, Donovan.

And let's be honest here, a wedding doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things. It's a ceremony , as Toast said, for the friends and family to celebrate. Does the fact the Donovan wasn't able to wear black snakes twisted around his body really make the fact that he's with Miranda any less special?
    You do remember how this whole thing started right? With mirandas parents doing their best to drive donovan insane and/or chase him off? Not too mention the blatant magical assault that left him smoldering scorched, and otherwise injured? They then decide to back off on destroying the man miranda loves and instead go for forcing their idealized version of what a wedding should be onto them whether they like it or not. Then, the soon to be married couple back off on that and let it go the way her parents wanted, they got their fancy starched ceremony, the pretty dress and tux, whatever, and donovan setup a situation where one frigging part of the entire wedding was something they wanted, and now HE is the bad guy? Screw that.

You talk about how donovan is starting some form of psychological warfare? No, that was mirandas dad who made him see his father in law instead of the woman he loves when he is just trying to spend some quiet time with his fiancee. THAT is frigging screwed up. I agree, the whole antipathy between inlaws thing is a worn out stereotype, but its what we have to deal with here, and grandmama and grandpappy deegan are far from innocent. *EDIT* Also, the music, watch, due to mookies dedication to making the deegans look good, donovan is going to wow the audience with an amazing new twist on classic tunes. He isnt going to go head banging metal rocker, he is going to show them all that he is an ass kicking musician, a true professional, and thats how its going to end, with him making an awesome impression on the guests.
    Last edited by Traab; 2011-12-07 at 01:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

And how does one become a famous ****ing bard? Swordsman maybe (And when did he become that. After meeting Miranda?)

What does he entertain the king?

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

You know what? I realised what was bugging me:

THIS BULL****!

Its been falling drip by drip but im finally fed up with it.

This mannerism of going "Oh well my character is spewing his own advice on life and showin how much better it is then other opinions...But thats totally not my opinion, oh no"

The orcs, The deegans. Im fed up with it. Just outright state your ****ing opinion through your characters mookie or separate them! Dont go this ****ing halfassed way where you ca always back off and say "Well its not MY opinion".
    it is caaaaaaallllled…… *starts singing*

Author On Board! Author On Board!
    Author On Board! Author On Board!
    Certainly makes me look bored!

But you can argue that it iiiisssss……….

An Author Tract! Author Tract!
    Author Tract! Author Tract!
    What a most dreadful unbalanced act!

However you can also saaaaaaaay…..

That Dominic Deegan is an……..
    Author Avatar! Author Avatar!
    Author Avatar! Author Avatar!
    At least he is not an airbender right?
    (But do wish he was an AUTHORBENDER, ha!)

However, However However……
    The correct term is probably:
    Canon Sue! Canon Sue!
    Dominic Deegan is a
    Canon Sue! Canon Sue!
    Now only if I can get a Lawyer Sue…
    To sue Mookie for making my eye bleed!
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2011-12-07 at 01:12 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #710

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Toast1862 View Post
    Exactly! You understand what I'm saying. It doesn't actually matter what they want, the wedding is NOT about them. At least, it shouldn't be, if written properly. It's a business meeting. It's a chance to make connections. It's a chance to show people that sure, Donovan was raised by elves and has no name and so on, but he can fit in with us just fine. Except he can't. He can only make a scene.
    My hypothesis is that Mookie can't distinguish the subtle titanic difference between a pair of smalltown kids getting married against their parent's wishes and a traveling bard trying to marry into an apparently Noble* family.

*There is not enough world to figure out where the grandDeegans are on the social ladder, is there?

21. - Top - End - #711

You do remember how this whole thing started right? With mirandas parents doing their best to drive donovan insane and/or chase him off? Not too mention the blatant magical assault that left him smoldering scorched, and otherwise injured? They then decide to back off on destroying the man miranda loves and instead go for forcing their idealized version of what a wedding should be onto them whether they like it or not. Then, the soon to be married couple back off on that and let it go the way her parents wanted, they got their fancy starched ceremony, the pretty dress and tux, whatever, and donovan setup a situation where one frigging part of the entire wedding was something they wanted, and now HE is the bad guy? Screw that.

You talk about how donovan is starting some form of psychological warfare? No, that was mirandas dad who made him see his father in law instead of the woman he loves when he is just trying to spend some quiet time with his fiancee. THAT is frigging screwed up. I agree, the whole antipathy between inlaws thing is a worn out stereotype, but its what we have to deal with here, and grandmama and grandpappy deegan are far from innocent. *EDIT* Also, the music, watch, due to mookies dedication to making the deegans look good, donovan is going to wow the audience with an amazing new twist on classic tunes. He isnt going to go head banging metal rocker, he is going to show them all that he is an ass kicking musician, a true professional, and thats how its going to end, with him making an awesome impression on the guests.
    That is a good point actually. I need to view this as someone hurting Deegans, not people. Maybe this is Donovan's subconscious way of rebelling against his upcoming assimilation into the first caste.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

22. - Top - End - #712
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

You do remember how this whole thing started right? With mirandas parents doing their best to drive donovan insane and/or chase him off? Not too mention the blatant magical assault that left him smoldering scorched, and otherwise injured?
    Luna assaulted people. No repercussions from that. Piont is that Magic is only for the LOLS in DD.

You know what? They where right to be scared. Donovan showed that he is an immature prick. Let me change that: a Jobless immature prick.

And so what at the end of the day THEY took the larger bullet and even sponsored the wedding. Let donovan deal with it once.

They showed that they loved thier daughter enough to deal with the consequences of Don. But does he care? **** no.

23. - Top - End - #713

Luna assaulted people. No repercussions from that. Piont is that Magic is only for the LOLS in DD.

You know what? They where right to be scared. Donovan showed that he is an immature prick. Let me change that: a Jobless immature prick.

And so what at the end of the day THEY took the larger bullet and even sponsored the wedding. Let donovan deal with it once.

They showed that they loved thier daughter enough to deal with the consequences of Don. But does he care? **** no.
    Except they bit the bullet too. They agreed to the formal classic wedding ceremony. Now they are at the reception. And once again, his inlaws dont seem to care that much! They arent shouting, yelling, casting fireballs, or otherwise showing any sign of anger over this move, which seems to me more of a, "Ok, you played along with our wedding, and you managed to sneak in your entertainment for the reception, lets call it a draw."

Of course, I may be shown up tomorrow by a strip having the parents start to flip out. lol

24. - Top - End - #714
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Of course, I may be shown up tomorrow by a strip having the parents start to flip out. lol
    Or its for a ****ty punchline.

In every way the parents are showing themselves to be incredibly mature and caring for aristocracy.

25. - Top - End - #715

Or its for a ****ty punchline.

In every way the parents are showing themselves to be incredibly mature and caring for aristocracy.
    Agreed, after the initial unpleasantness, they seem to have settled down. Honestly, I bet there was a lot of behind the scenes compromising. "Look don, my parents have agreed to back off and stop trying to shatter your sanity like a thin pane of glass, in order to keep the peace, lets just have the wedding ceremony they are after. I do agree the band they want sucks, and it is more than a little insulting to you to try and ignore the fact that you are an actual member of a musical group, so feel free to sneak in your instruments, and ill distract them from noticing the time change sent to the band."

26. - Top - End - #716
    Orc in the Playground

Except they bit the bullet too. They agreed to the formal classic wedding ceremony. Now they are at the reception. And once again, his inlaws dont seem to care that much! They arent shouting, yelling, casting fireballs, or otherwise showing any sign of anger over this move, which seems to me more of a, "Ok, you played along with our wedding, and you managed to sneak in your entertainment for the reception, lets call it a draw."

Here's the thing, though. If they were flipping out, I would be okay with this. If they were angry about this, I wouldn't be so goddamned mad at Mookie right now.

But they're not. Because we can't have real people with their own interests and ideas. We can't have people who react understandably, we can only have puppets who love everything mookie craps out. We can only have people who will love anything a Deegan or, in this case, pre-Deegan Donovan does. There are so many reasons they should be mad, but they won't be. Besides, it's not even just his own entertainment he's sneaking in, because someone in the SA thread made a great point:

Quote Originally Posted by Maltesh
    So Donovan plans to spend at least two hours at his wedding reception playing music instead of being with the bride, visiting with relatives/friends/in-laws, thanking people for coming, and performing the various wedding things that all the invitees have come to expect.
    He's making it harder on himself just to say, "Your version of a wedding is inferior to mine." And they WON'T be mad. This REALLY bothers me. He's really acting immaturely-- "sneaking" his own entertainment in? He shouldn't have to! He should have talked to the grandparent Deegans and found a compromise-- but no one will care because they're all children.

Actually, I did have an idea for a way this could have been improved. If Donovan had let the original band come in, but got on stage while they were taking a break and decided to play an Elven love song for his beloved wife, I would be okay with that. Even if everyone loved it, you know what? That would be okay. He could put his own spin on the wedding that way, give people a taste of the culture he grew up with in a way that isn't insulting. Instead, though, he's taking over the entertainment so he can ignore his wife for a while and play around with his friends.

And yes, grandpa Deegan was a bit of a douche. That doesn't validate Donovan's actions.
    Last edited by Toast1862; 2011-12-07 at 01:32 PM.
    With Open Eyes
    ---

27. - Top - End - #717
    Firbolg in the Playground

From Something Awful, no longer behind a paywall:
    Best Youtube ever

Soothing images:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mortal Sword:
    Spoiler
    Show

They are beautiful and I love them.

Didja Rido (language!):
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, that one is in relation to Mookie's incredibly self-unconscious comment about heroes' weepy girlfriends and how lame they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast1862 View Post
    ? I mean ****, if someone were paying for it all for me, I'd probably wear the ugliest dress ever.
    Is she... is she wearing a lampshade around her torso?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

One last thing, so many of you seem to be expecting donovans band to be Facebath: The Prequel, but I honestly doubt it. I mean, donovan IS a professional, the music wont be standard stuff for the most part, (I bet he would throw in a few classic callanian songs just because) but I doubt we will be listening to the callanian version of 80s rock at a wedding. He isnt adam sandler, the wedding singer.
    I can't wait for Donovan to perform a heart wrenching rendition of The Marriage of Figaro. Such a sad song.

29. - Top - End - #719

NecromancerGuy

You talk about how donovan is starting some form of psychological warfare? No, that was mirandas dad who made him see his father in law instead of the woman he loves when he is just trying to spend some quiet time with his fiancee.
    That's what happened? Here I thought Grandpappy Deegan was impersonating his daughter and getting sweet, sweet loving from Donovan on the downlow and then dispelled the illusion to freak Donovan out about kissing his soon to be father in law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

But they're not. Because we can't have real people with their own interests and ideas. We can't have people who react understandably, we can only have puppets who love everything mookie craps out. We can only have people who will love anything a Deegan or, in this case, pre-Deegan Donovan does. There are so many reasons they should be mad, but they won't be. Besides, it's not even just his own entertainment he's sneaking in, because someone in the SA thread made a great point:
    No people with own interests and ideas, what comic are you reading?
    DO note that all this mess is because of a quite big conflict of interest between Donovan and the Senior Deegans.

And as for reacting understandably, just because YOU cant understand their reaction doesnt mean other people cant.

But dont worry, if the arc really is so abhorent to you, then i have just the solution, start reading something else, there are plenty of other good fantasy comics out there.

He's making it harder on himself just to say, "Your version of a wedding is inferior to mine." And they WON'T be mad. This REALLY bothers me. He's really acting immaturely-- "sneaking" his own entertainment in? He shouldn't have to! He should have talked to the grandparent Deegans and found a compromise-- but no one will care because they're all children.
    They most likely will be a little bit annoyed, but do remember that they won the war in the wedding design, so losing a singel battle over the music can properly be tolerated, especaly since outward it were just a mistake that made it nececary for Donovan to step in and provide the music.

And yes, grandpa Deegan was a bit of a douche. That doesn't validate Donovan's actions.
    It most certainly does.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar