New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Well, not the most grostesque display I've seen in my life, but still a rather disconcerting. My guess is Luna will be a bit more eloquent to her true wuv tomorrow. I honestly don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Well, not the most grostesque display I've seen in my life, but still a rather disconcerting. My guess is Luna will be a bit more eloquent to her true wuv tomorrow. I honestly don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
    Have you forgotten? It always gets worse!
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

3. - Top - End - #993

BlueWizardGirl

I can't make it through this one. That goo- I can't stop thinking about it. What kind of horrible disease would cause a person's tear ducts to produce secretions with the viscosity of... honey, by the looks of it. Is it some kind of slime mold trying to escape the sudden change ins salinity?
    Last edited by Feddlefew; 2011-12-14 at 03:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus View Post
    Wouldn't annoy me half as much if Mookie didn't actually think he's making a good female character. (Luna's even worse than a serious version of Kate Beaton's "Strong Female Characters")
    If Dominic was meant to be written as an arrogant selfish controlling prick, and Luna a codependent insecure sadistic freak, with their relationship accurately depicted as twisted and broken, then it would be a much better, more interesting comic with better characters all-round.

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Panels 5-7 rival Moonface. 7 is just ridiculous. How can someone think that looks acceptable.
    I think she's got the mumps. Careful Dominic, if you catch that it could cause sterility oh wait nevermind.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ugh. I could've gone without Dominion Ape lactation for a few more years.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

6. - Top - End - #996
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Hey guys! I brought Salt and lemonjuice to pour onto the wound!

*SNIFF* December 14, 2011 Posted by Mookie
    Today's comic was originally going to have Luna gushing over Dominic in the same manner that he did for her in yesterday's update. I was going to have it mirror a similar moment of gushing to Melna from It's My First Day, but ultimately I didn't think it worked for today's comic.

I think this is funnier. A cry of this magnitude, when your tears are so thick that they obscure your vision and your sobs are so heartfelt that you can't form a coherent sentence, is good for you every now and again. And hopefully it's because of something really happy, like realizing the depth of your love for another person.

And while she doesn't cry as often (or as comically as she's doing today), Luna has had a lot to cry about:
    Realizing her mother doesn't love her.
    A bout with low self-esteem.
    Thinking she's worthless and weak.
    Losing her sister.
    Realizing how brutally she was almost killed by Urban Eddie.
    Betrayed by someone she considered a friend.
    A good cry with an old friend.
    Discovering an unpleasant truth.

She's come a long way.

That's all from me for now.
    Rock... *sniff* ...on!

Ugh. What I hope happens is that with each update it becomes less happy and more angry sad.

At first it was a kiss
    Then its a hug
    Then its tears
    Then its an angry yell
    Then its a punch
    Then its a bite
    Then its a blood frenzy
    Then its an sacrifice

Remebr when lunas Tusks actualy hurt dominic? Yeah.

7. - Top - End - #997

I get the feeling that Schlega could do horrible implications of fitting word balloons and scenes together this entire week +.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

Phew!! Finally finished my archive trawl a few days ago.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nourjan View Post
    Phew!! Finally finished my archive trawl a few days ago.
    You have our sympathy.
    Not a robot

10. - Top - End - #1000

Dominic Deegan: more than meets the eye!

Spoiler
    Show

robots make any comic better.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Replace dominic with a cheese and luna with an onion and the comic becomes 23% more awesome.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

12. - Top - End - #1002

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Have you forgotten? It always gets worse!
    What's most amazing is how it's gone through different stages of badness. First there was the "headdesk" era, then the "boring" era, then the "what is this I don't even" era, and now we seem to be entering the "sappy" era.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Ungh... I have to stop lurking to say this.

I can't even read the second row of panels. It's that bad.

Seriously, Mookie, what you're writing here is an abomination, an assault on the English language that I think is actually worse (in terms of sheer incomprehensibility) than anything I can remember him writing before (Of course, anything worse than this would probably be repressed)
    Last edited by Squark; 2011-12-14 at 02:46 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    What's most amazing is how it's gone through different stages of badness. First there was the "headdesk" era, then the "boring" era, then the "what is this I don't even" era, and now we seem to be entering the "sappy" era.
    Do they qualify as eras if they change too fast to really keep track?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Do they qualify as eras if they change too fast to really keep track?
    They're eras for insects. You know, it almost makes me wonder if this latest comic was written by intestinal parasites. It certainly makes me sick.

EDIT: THis made sense in my head. Somehow. I don't know how anymore.
    Last edited by Squark; 2011-12-14 at 02:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

This is the era of Bulgak.

Slay by Barefoot Monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Ugh. I could've gone without Dominion Ape lactation for a few more years.
    Well, if you're interested in lactating and not Dominic Deegan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post

Slay by Barefoot Monkey.
    After this strip, I think that's a better description of this current arc, actually.

Oh wait, that's what you were talking about.

Last edited by Squark; 2011-12-14 at 03:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008

BlueWizardGirl

19. - Top - End - #1009

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    That was last year. Or maybe the year before that. The comic has almost as many Bulgaks as Travoria sisters.

Back in 2010 Curly was doing her traversal of the archives I separated DD into ages:
    (note "present" was 2010, back when Dominic was still partying in Maltak.)
    Spoiler
    Show

• Golden Age: Start to Visions of Doom. The comic is rough but it's early days, we can forgive that. Dom isn't uber at this stage. Age ends with Greg going Super Sayian as a bad sign of future development.
    • Downfall of Golden Age: Ecstasy and Evil. The first WTF arc that started the earliest snarker (way before my time). The power levels are ratcheted up a few notches.
    • Silver Age: Hello Nurse, Storm of Souls. It's now more about the super powers and Dom becoming uber. Still decent life signs in the plot. Some people think the comic should have ended here.
    • Bronze Age: First Day, Battle for Barthis, War in Hell. The next big plot cycle. There's still some good plot here, but this age features some of the most notorious wall banger moments. It's here that the Keenspot forum turned snarky.
    • Iron Age: Two Thief. The last decent plot. The basic rule of DD is every arc past Two Thief is somehow worse in some way.
    • Ice Age: Class Action, Snowsong, Shadow of Siegfried, Oracle Hunter. The comic becomes increasingly silly and Dom becomes insufferably superior. Full of wallbangers. Snowsong is the moment when auxillary fan sites like this one turned snarky.
    • Dragon Age: Oh Snap, Around the World, Built to Resist. While plot and characterisation was bent in the Ice Age to allow silly plots, this was where it was jettisoned so the comic could float wherever whims would take it.
    • Orc (Outr)Age: March Across Maltak. Dragon Age with a plot that turned out to not be a plot. Backgrounds and settings were lost. This arc broke many people.
    • Lost Age: A Nimmel House to present. The current age of 2010 (possibly not including current arc). We've now lost the lead characters and nothing seems to have a point.

I'm not sure what to call 2011. Maybe some kind of undead, zombie age. There's a corpse of the plot, but it's a shambling unholy mockery.

20. - Top - End - #1010

I hope nothing important was said in the latest strip, because I just couldn't be bothered to read whatever Luna was saying. Why should I put effort into reading it? Why would Mookie expect me to put more work into reading his comic than he does into writing it?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, but you should. Once you get over the fact that we've got pretty much the same strip three days in a row, the way Luna just kind of breaks down into a blubbering heap of idiocy is actually quite funny, and probably the best we're gonna get for the rest of the year since Mookie is committed to repeating himself until his vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Back in 2010 Curly was doing her traversal of the archives I separated DD into ages:
    (note "present" was 2010, back when Dominic was still partying in Maltak.)
    Spoiler
    Show

• Golden Age: Start to Visions of Doom. The comic is rough but it's early days, we can forgive that. Dom isn't uber at this stage. Age ends with Greg going Super Sayian as a bad sign of future development.
    • Downfall of Golden Age: Ecstasy and Evil. The first WTF arc that started the earliest snarker (way before my time). The power levels are ratcheted up a few notches.
    • Silver Age: Hello Nurse, Storm of Souls. It's now more about the super powers and Dom becoming uber. Still decent life signs in the plot. Some people think the comic should have ended here.
    • Bronze Age: First Day, Battle for Barthis, War in Hell. The next big plot cycle. There's still some good plot here, but this age features some of the most notorious wall banger moments. It's here that the Keenspot forum turned snarky.
    • Iron Age: Two Thief. The last decent plot. The basic rule of DD is every arc past Two Thief is somehow worse in some way.
    • Ice Age: Class Action, Snowsong, Shadow of Siegfried, Oracle Hunter. The comic becomes increasingly silly and Dom becomes insufferably superior. Full of wallbangers. Snowsong is the moment when auxillary fan sites like this one turned snarky.
    • Dragon Age: Oh Snap, Around the World, Built to Resist. While plot and characterisation was bent in the Ice Age to allow silly plots, this was where it was jettisoned so the comic could float wherever whims would take it.
    • Orc (Outr)Age: March Across Maltak. Dragon Age with a plot that turned out to not be a plot. Backgrounds and settings were lost. This arc broke many people.
    • Lost Age: A Nimmel House to present. The current age of 2010 (possibly not including current arc). We've now lost the lead characters and nothing seems to have a point.
    It's appalling that the vacation arc wasn't called the Beaverage. Simply appalling.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I'm not sure what to call 2011. Maybe some kind of undead, zombie age. There's a corpse of the plot, but it's a shambling unholy mockery.
    One name comes to my mind: FoutAge de gueule. Or even foutAge dégueule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

23. - Top - End - #1013

The basic idea was to divide the comic's history into different eras based on the particular emotion that each era elicited from the snarkers. Each new era has the same unpleasant emotions that previous eras had, except now there is a new unpleasant emotion on top of all the others.

The Wallbanger Age (Beginning of Snarkdom to beginning of vacation arc): Characters are derailed, heroes become more and more insufferable, morals are mangled. Primary emotion: Rage.

The Boring Age (Vacation arc to end of 2010): Mookie keeps stalling the plot and giving us pointless side stories. Primary emotion: Boredom.

The What Is This I Don't Even Age (Beginning of 2011 to beginning of December): The plot has returned, except now nothing makes sense. Even more so than before. Primary emotion: Confusion.

The BLUUUARGK Age (Beginning of December to present): Mookie's real-life wedding infects the comic and turns everything excruciatingly gooey and sappy. Primary emotion: Nausea.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Hey guys. My wife just started reading DD from the very beginning for the first time.

This'll be good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

25. - Top - End - #1015

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Hey guys. My wife just started reading DD from the very beginning for the first time.

This'll be good.
    Why are you doing this to her? Don't you love her?

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Why are you doing this to her? Don't you love her?
    I love her enough to respect her choices in crappy entertainment. Besides, the good parts of the comic are just to her taste.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1017

GnomeWizardGuy

The BLUUUARGK Age (Beginning of December to present): Mookie's real-life wedding infects the comic and turns everything excruciatingly gooey and sappy. Primary emotion: Nausea.
    The comic has been wedding infected all year. Mookie's gooeyness does not inflict nausea upon me. Only more rage.

Besides, the good parts of the comic are just to her taste.
    ...the daily update schedule? The adequately legible hand lettering?

Keep us updated.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-12-15 at 12:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

I love her enough to respect her choices in crappy entertainment. Besides, the good parts of the comic are just to her taste.
    If she asks for divorce, I reserve the right to say "I told you".

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

You know, regardless of the comic's quality, I have been reading it on and off for like six and a half years. I was in the very first "Oracle for Higher" thread on this forum. No matter how much it's gone to ****, or how terrible of a person Mookie is, or how mediocre it was in the first place, it has entertained me for a long, long time. I see no reason to just outright censor something I used to enjoy and now still read out of morbid curiosity from a person I care about.

I might stop her after Storm of Souls, though. Out of mercy.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020

I see what your plan is, Mr. Nerd-o-rama. You intend to make your wife realize just how terribly love is portrayed by Mookie, to the point where she'll feel that she has to prove that marriage and love are nothing like that, making her work that much harder to make everything about your relationship better.

Yes... a risky but admirable ploy.
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."