New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

[Nexus] Plot Opportunity Directory (ooc)

This thread is for posting information about plots that you are running or interactive opportunities you have, to avoid them getting bogged down in the OOC discussion clutter.

Rule 1 of the thread: No discussion in this thread! No asking questions about the plot, suggesting your character, etc. Those should all go to the OOC thread or PM.

This is to make it very easy for Nexus players, especially new ones, to find places to get involved.

Please only use this thread for the following types of posts:
    1. To announce a plot
    2. To change the status of a previously announced plot (closed to new players, on hiatus, concluded, dead, etc)
    3. If you frequently run plots, feel free to make your own plot directory post in this thread, that you can keep updated on your own.

(next two posts reserved please)
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Plot Opportunity Directory (ooc)

Plot Index
    (spoilered for table width)
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Plot|GM|Description|Recruiting[div]Status[/div]|Play[div]Status[/div]
    Charlie's Plot|HT|The Hunters investigate a murderous cult|closed|on hiatus
    Whisper's Plot|HT|Waterstrider and Whisper try to rescue the last slave from their caravan|closed|on hiatus
    Coffin Hunting|Rot|A party from Tenebras tries to destroy Rot's coffin|closed|in progress
    Yellow Road[div]Operation Hypnohottie[/div]|AMEN|AMEN tries to hypnotise Vas' boyfriend|-|completed
    Riverside Children's Home|SC,Rot|Rot infiltrates the orphanage in the body of a boy|open|starting
    Hermitage Attack|Earl|A party plans to attack the Hermitage to rescue slaves|open|starting
    Mother-Soon's Journey|Ghar,Wolfy|Waterstrider and Renetta visit their homelands|closed|in progress
    Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah!|Anyone!|Holiday season in the Nexus, with gifts for all|open|in progress
    [/table]
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-30 at 03:48 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

*reserved*

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Plot Name: Rot Infiltrates the Sacred Order of Cunningham's Children's Home
    Plot type / speed: This is likely to be a meandering type of plot rather than anything linear
    Plot location: Riverside [Westside Children's Home]
    Recruiting: PCs to play either orphans or caretakers

Details:

RE: SC plot's of using babby Rot to infiltrate the Order of Cunningham:

Since right now the Order is mostly npcs, I'd really need PCs and players besides me to make it worth infiltrating as an organization. Otherwise it would be just Rot roleplaying with me, and two person roleplay only really works for romances or buddy-plots.

More orphans would be grand. The Order of Cunningham is a religious Order. They'll take any orphan children, though if they turn out to be psychopaths or adults in child bodies or in some other way a danger to the other children there, they'll be removed. (If they're caught, of course.) Orphans can be assumed to be automatically accepted. Just post a brief description of them in the Riverside thread, location [Westside Children's Home]. If you want them to have already lived there for a while, that's fine. Otherwise, they can turn up on the doorstep, either alone or accompanied by an NPC who is trying to find them shelter.

Also needed: Adult caretakers, preferably members of the Order. It isn't terribly strict, as religions go, and pretty much any PC who wants to can claim to be a member and they're unlikely to be challenged. But the ones hired to work at an orphanage would need to be somewhat more virtuous than the average Nexus citizen. And, in particular, the Order are strong believers in celibacy outside of marriage.

They let Tia work for them, even though she was neither a member, nor celibate, so it isn't an absolute requirement. But they would certainly fire her if she was being flagrant about her dalliances with Milos and Atticus, and never would have hired her if she'd still been a succubus. As far as marriage goes, if there were wedding vows made that the parties consider to be life-long, it's considered marriage in their eyes, whether it's interspecies or same sex or poly-amorous. However, even married people would be expected to behave with decorum in public. Being married doesn't mean you can make out in the playground during the kids recess.

The sexual thing isn't the primary focus of their faith - which is kindness towards others - but since it's the most likely to disqualify Nexus characters, I figured I'd go into some detail.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs