New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Australasia in the Playground V

Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    Monkey island is my favourite game and I will never, ever get tired of it. I still have my Monkey island Madness CD that I got in 96, which has the first two in the glorious 8 bit with limited colours and midi music.

This is the only way to play it, IMHO.
    The special edition gives you both versions. You can switch between them instantly with the press of a button.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Not the same, it gives you the new music.
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2012-04-22 at 10:28 PM.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

3. - Top - End - #423

Not the same, it gives you the new music.
    I just fired it up and gave it a test. It switches to the old music when you switch to the old style...

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

It does?

My CD is better though, it's a few years off 20!

*hugs CD*

I actually have the Tales box set but have never played it.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

5. - Top - End - #425

It does?

My CD is better though, it's a few years off 20!

*hugs CD*

I actually have the Tales box set but have never played it.
    I actually have the very same CD. The one with MI:1 (The Secret of), MI:2 (LeChuck's Revenge) and the demo for MI:3 (The Curse of).

P.S. As far as quality of the game goes, here's how I rate them:

{table]The Secret of Monkey Island|2nd
    Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge|1st
    The Curse of Monkey Island|3rd
    Escape from Monkey Island|4th
    Tales of Monkey Island|5th[/table]

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

There's only one bad thing about the sequel: no sword fights. The rest is flawless and I love the ending.

I often wonder what Ron Gilbert really meant by it.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, how did other people spend their ANZAC Day? I spent mine with friends hanging out and celebrating one of their birthdays (which was yesterday).

What about you?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    Smelling nice and mind control are, I fear, two completely different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    Actually, I find your opinion perfectly reasonable. I'd be surprised if many people took issue with it.
    He's talking 'bout me!
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    And then my father comes at me with the teapot and says "Why. So. British?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Hey, I can wait. I'm young with my entire life ahead of me. I'll dream of empires amongst the stars in worlds undreamt of if I wanna :p
    Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    There are no citizens, mind bananas. Go back to your control.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

I spent the morning forgetting it was ANZAC Day Didn't remember til after breakfast and I was checking news headlines on my phone. Spent the rest of the morning reading the first Ranger's Apprentice book (finished it in about 3 hours). And the rest of the day was spent feeling varying degrees of depression over my inability to find a job.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Been there, don't want to go back.

I slept in then went into the city for Encounters.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by _Zoot_ View Post
    So, how did other people spend their ANZAC Day? I spent mine with friends hanging out and celebrating one of their birthdays (which was yesterday).

What about you?
    Went to see The Avengers with some friends.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

We were going to, but it was rather cold when we got home so we're going this weekend instead.

We might be moving the wedding date forward, to next January. That's seven months from now.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Moreta View Post
    And the rest of the day was spent feeling varying degrees of depression over my inability to find a job.
    Oh this feel. I know this feel all too well these days. Possibly even more now that it's been a year on Centrelink payments and I still can't find a job and now they're sending me off to work for the dole which is going to cut into my school times.

But when it appears the only way I can get a simple cashiers job at Safeway is to have 2 years + experience, 2 references and must be available for any shift on any day at any time, well... I know that frustration.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

I'm back at school, wish they'd told me earlier that uni can be considered a waste of time. They don't tell you that at school. An Arts degree is worth very little these days.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course they don't tell you. A uni is still a business too. They get their moneys regardless of whether or not the course you take will realistically help you get a job.

I'm about to start my first semester of my teaching degree and honestly, I'm having 2nd thoughts about it now. I'm not even sure it's something that I really want to do, but I'm fully aware that I'm mid twenties and not getting any younger and I need something with a vague resemblance to stability that I can rely on to make enough filthy lucre to live on.

I'm just unsure if teaching is something I am cut out for, but logic tells me that it's a field that is always hiring and it's a skill you can take pretty much anywhere, so it's a good thing to have.

I'm just really unsure if it's something I want to do, but at this point in my life I don't really have that many choices.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Moonshadow, when is your first placement in a classroom? That will tell you if it's something you want to stay with.

Teaching is surprisingly similar to DMing, but with teaching you can railroad all the time.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

I think my first placement is either end of first semester or partway through the 2nd semester. But that's really not the point.

The point is more that I don't really have a whole lot of options right now. I picked teaching because it was a logical choice to make in regards to being able to have stable work for the future.

Logic tends to be somewhat incompatible than happiness though, so even if I don't really like teaching in the end, I'll have to stick with it.

Because having a job is necessary these days but happiness, well, not so much. Which honestly depresses me a fair bit, but well, there isn't really anything I can do about that.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Be an interesting teacher. The adoration and friendship with good students when you do that will at least balance. I had a teacher in my second highschool that was amazing. She'd been there for ages, and each year had a particular tale to tell about her. One includes her nearly decapitating with the ceiling fan when she jumped onto her desk to recite Shakespeare, while mine are more "She got us tickets to see theatre productions we weren't even studying because they were related to English, to the point the Drama students were jealous." Also fruit and chocolate bowls in class.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

I'm back at school, wish they'd told me earlier that uni can be considered a waste of time. They don't tell you that at school. An Arts degree is worth very little these days.
    Tell me about it. Try having two of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Also fruit and chocolate bowls in class.
    That reminds me of my old Chemistry teacher. He always said that if we were late to class we had to bring a bag of lollies to share the next lesson (and to enforce this, he would lock the door so we couldn't get in). So naturally, he was late, we locked the door and made him bring lollies. He did too (of course, this is also the teacher who threw chalk at one of my classmates because he wouldn't shut up)

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'll probably want to teach primary school so I don't think it would be right of me to lock them out and make them get lollies. I'm not really sure if I could be an interesting teacher without getting into trouble either, seeing as everything these days offends someone and I'd honestly rather not have to deal with irate parents and/or principals.

Of course, the degree will take 4 years anyways so I can't really worry about it now.

And it looks like my task for working for the dole is writing for some sort of community newspaper 2 days a week. Not really sure how well that will work out, but we'll see how it goes.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

You can't get Austudy. Moon?

My Blog The Level 1 GM

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope. I'm currently on Newstart Allowance, and as I got told off today by the employment agency (who has honestly done nothing to help me out at all), it's for the express purposes of helping me to get a job, not to pay for my rent or for food or for schoolbooks or anything.

Of course, I can't actually *get* any rent assistance, and it's not like I've been sitting on my thumbs trying to find a job either, but well, when it seems even Safeway wants 2 years experience and 2+ references for a simple cashier job... well, yeah. Though I did say that in an earlier post so the point is moot.

It would be really nice to find something that's 15-20 hours a week that I can get to easily and still do my course and everything. One can but dream~

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

If you're a full time student you should be able to get Austudy, moon. They're not about finding you a job, just getting more training.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, apparently because my course is through Open Universities Australia and is only 20 hours a week, self paced, it doesn't count.

Hence the whole trying to find a part time job thing I've got going.

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Well, I'll probably want to teach primary school so I don't think it would be right of me to lock them out and make them get lollies. I'm not really sure if I could be an interesting teacher without getting into trouble either, seeing as everything these days offends someone and I'd honestly rather not have to deal with irate parents and/or principals.

Of course, the degree will take 4 years anyways so I can't really worry about it now.
    As a Primary teacher who is half way through their second year, I can only say that there are a whole bunch of good things that will become apparent when you get stuck into the course.

And I would recommend that if you're thinking of doing it, try until your prac, that will help you see if it is something that you could see yourself doing.

Teaching is surprisingly similar to DMing, but with teaching you can railroad all the time.
    Good, I was hoping that I would be able to put some of my skills to work
    Spoiler
    Show

Actually, I find your opinion perfectly reasonable. I'd be surprised if many people took issue with it.
    He's talking 'bout me!
    Hey, I can wait. I'm young with my entire life ahead of me. I'll dream of empires amongst the stars in worlds undreamt of if I wanna :p

25. - Top - End - #445

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the British, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: "American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British".

One week later, Australia's Northern Territory Times reported the following:
    "After digging as deep as 30 feet in his backyard in Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, "Knackers Johnson", a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely bugger-all. Knackers has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless."

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the British, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times: "American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British".

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in his backyard in Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, "Knackers Johnson", a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely bugger-all. Knackers has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless."
    That's awesome, did that really happen? Please tell me it did.
    Spoiler
    Show

He's talking 'bout me!

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post

... I am an archaeologist. And I am confused.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys. It's a joke. A rather old one, at that.

Rawhide, stop abusing your credibility as a mod to spread misinformation in the name of humour!
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

29. - Top - End - #449

Yup, it's a joke.

And I'm not abusing anything!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I feel like digging in my garden to see what sorts of wild assumptions I can make from what I find...
    Mum wouldn't mind if I decided to do so.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!