New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Australasia in the Playground V

I suspected it was a joke... I was still confused.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Why is it that weddings bring out the worst in people?

My sister is going overseas in January, we didn't know this and was extremely pissed off when we told her we'd arranged the wedding on the date she was going overseas.

We're moving the wedding date up a week so she can be there, but she's questioning everything. Where we are having the ceremony and reception, the fact that we'll be putting aside rooms for out of town guests (like my grandparents)...and most of all the fact that we cannot invite every single one of my Dad's extended family.

My Dad's a baby boomer, he has four brothers and two sisters, each of them but one have at least two kids between them. Some I haven't talked to in years, some I really never have talked to. It comes to about 22 people from my dad's count, we cannot invite everyone. Why is it hard to get that through her head? I had to say it at least four times.

Also, I don't want to invite everyone and neither does my fiance. I don't want oodles of people at the ceremony (which is impossible as it's small) or the reception (which again isn't possible due to $$$) as it's just not what we want. She thinks we want to save money, but the guest list we have is the absolute limit.

I feel better after that rant. She's only a bridesmaid, not even Maid of Honour and if she was anyone other than my sister then I'd have gotten rid of her long ago.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

I found a job! A well paying job! Yay!

Don't have a place to live past the weekend! Not so yay! Want to strike a deal with the landlord but after my girlfriend yelling I'm not sure that'll be possible.
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Awesomely excellent.
    Congratulations!

As for the second part, fortunately, having a job makes it easier to find a place.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Haha! Awesome weekend coming up...
    Rock Dungeon (hard rock/metal club) tonight.
    Going to see The Avengers tomorrow.
    Birthday lunch and drinks for a friend Sunday arvo.
    ...then off to see Fu Manchu Monday!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Bugbear in the Playground

Two interesting options to choose between for tomorrow. Not sure whether to:

-Enter my archery club's competition (only bought my first bow recently and am not quite used to it).

-Run around Perth in my Ezio costume promoting Quality Comics for Free Comic Book Day.

I participated in the Quality Comics thing the year before last (basically, the sotre gets a bunch of closplayers to go around town handing out flyers, and we get a couple of goodies at the end), which was fun, and I couldn't go last year, so I'd like to take part this year.

On the other hand, I didn't go to archery last week, won't be going next week, and I don't want to get out of practice. Shooting a bow and arrow is also pretty awesome.

I'm leaning toward running around in public with cosplay on, mostly because it's fun when I get an opportunity to do so. I'm also interested in meeting other Perth-based GITPers who'll be checking out the scene.

Please help me with my decision, fellow Aussies! Especially those of you who are in Perth!
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

You could always do archery in cosplay?

And, news concerning myself...
    Today was the last day of my course. I feel so relieved.
    Even though I have a seventy percent chance of failing it, I couldn't care less. Besides, I still learnt all the stuff the course covered, I just didn't do the assessments because of my anxiety issues.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #458

I've had that idea myself on a few occasions, but if I tried it in Ezio's gear, most of the pieces would be a hindrance. It also takes a while to get everything on and in place, and the club isn't really the type of place for such things.

Or were you suggesting that I carry my bow around the city while cosplaying? Entertaining and in-character at the mental image seems, I don't think parading a functional weapon all over the place would go down too well.
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!

Pokemon X Info:

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn practically! It always gets in the way of the best ideas!

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... you could always dress before going to the club.

Also, you don't need to dress in the full costume- just in what doesn't get in the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
    Two interesting options to choose between for tomorrow. Not sure whether to:

-Enter my archery club's competition (only bought my first bow recently and am not quite used to it).

-Run around Perth in my Ezio costume promoting Quality Comics for Free Comic Book Day.

I participated in the Quality Comics thing the year before last (basically, the sotre gets a bunch of closplayers to go around town handing out flyers, and we get a couple of goodies at the end), which was fun, and I couldn't go last year, so I'd like to take part this year.

On the other hand, I didn't go to archery last week, won't be going next week, and I don't want to get out of practice. Shooting a bow and arrow is also pretty awesome.

I'm leaning toward running around in public with cosplay on, mostly because it's fun when I get an opportunity to do so. I'm also interested in meeting other Perth-based GITPers who'll be checking out the scene.

Please help me with my decision, fellow Aussies! Especially those of you who are in Perth!
    I'm actually really interesting in taking up archery myself, is it very expensive to get into initially? Money is kinda tight for me at the moment, so it's kinda an influencing factor.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    I'm actually really interesting in taking up archery myself, is it very expensive to get into initially? Money is kinda tight for me at the moment, so it's kinda an influencing factor.
    Not initially. Taking a beginner course and joining a club is fairly cheap. Not including membership fees, my club charges only $15 a week to shoot (the money goes toward maintaining club gear), less if you have your own bow and arrows.

If you decide to buy your own stuff, that's when costs start shooting up. A really good quality bow costs several hundred dollars brand-new once you order all the parts. Compound bows are more expensive than recurve bows (on top of that, it's recommended that you shoot recurve for several months first), and I'm not sure about longbows, which are harder to use. That's not even considering quivers and fingerguards and whatnot.

I was amazingly lucky and bought a second-hand recurve bow for $120 with some extras inluded (I'm considering compound bows at some point, so a cheap-but-good recurve was a godsend). I wouldn't count on finding a deal like that, though.

-

I've decided on the comic-giving option, concerning tomorrow's affairs. If any fellow Perth-dwellers are near Hay Street in the morning and see a crazy young woman pretending to be an assassin, feel free to say hi!
    Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 2012-05-04 at 10:00 AM.
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!

Pokemon X Info:

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I don't have any problems with using a recurve bow, and I have to actually snoop around and find an archery club I can get to without a car at the moment, but other than that, it sounds good.

You got lucky with your bow, but you you have any rough ideas of average cost for a decent quality recurve bow at all?
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

I've decided on the comic-giving option, concerning tomorrow's affairs. If any fellow Perth-dwellers are near Hay Street in the morning and see a crazy young woman pretending to be an assassin, feel free to say hi!
    If I'd seen this last night I'd have considered coming in on purpose to see you... but now it's afternoon and I'm way too lazy to get off my butt and go into the city

(in other words - I live in Perth too)

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

My brother's fiancee is from Perth. There engagement party is tonight. I'll have to start getting ready soon.
    But first, there is sweeping to do.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-05-05 at 12:37 AM.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Moreta View Post
    If I'd seen this last night I'd have considered coming in on purpose to see you... but now it's afternoon and I'm way too lazy to get off my butt and go into the city

(in other words - I live in Perth too)
    The promotion thingy didn't end up happening (something about not enough people and not being able to get the event together), but I still changed into costume and hung around Quality Comics, Empire Toys and Tactics.

It would've been great to meet you. We should definitely catch up some time, even if it's not for something this geeky.

Good call on not coming in during the afternoon, by the way. I took a train home at about quarter past 2.

Awesome day was awesome.
    Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 2012-05-05 at 02:40 AM.
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!

Pokemon X Info:

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, I must ask. Will anyone else be attending Sydney Supanova next month? If so, we should have a quick meet up or similar, probably on the sunday since I'll be stressed about skitting on the saturday.

Just an open thing. If no one is going, no worries. Although you should come...On the Saturday to watch me and two friends win the cosplay comp >.>

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

The promotion thingy didn't end up happening (something about not enough people and not being able to get the event together), but I still changed into costume and hung around Quality Comics, Empire Toys and Tactics.
    I'm moderately embarrassed that I've only heard of two of those shops and the only one I actually know the location of is Tactics.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

I will be with the 501st Southern Cross Garrison, I'm an Imperial officer but I will be doing a Star trek one day in my starfleet dress.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

It would've been great to meet you. We should definitely catch up some time, even if it's not for something this geeky.

Good call on not coming in during the afternoon, by the way. I took a train home at about quarter past 2.

Awesome day was awesome.
    I should check this thread more often - I would like to meet some more Perthling GitPer's.
    Not that I could have made it on Saturday anyway... I had a slightly ill Dexam Jr to look after, and too many chores to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Moreta View Post
    I'm moderately embarrassed that I've only heard of two of those shops and the only one I actually know the location of is Tactics.
    That's it - I'm afraid I'm going to have to revoke your Perth Geek License, young lady.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    That's it - I'm afraid I'm going to have to revoke your Perth Geek License, young lady.

In my defense, I've only lived here for five and a half years also, I've never been much of a comic book reader... on the other hand, the more I read the names, the more familiar they sound. I've probably heard them mentioned by others or have possibly walked past them at some point...

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Huzzah! KFC!

Thanks to Mynxae for paying for most of it!

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

It's my 25th birthday next Friday, I'll probably be alone the whole day and not see anyone until Saturday. I'm debating getting drunk for the first time, but I dunno if I should buy 8 cans of Jim Beam and coke or 12.

Opinions?

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Not an expert on being drunk, but it's said to be not really worth the effort if you're by yourself.
    But I will, of course, defer to the opinions of people who actually drink alcohol.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, I figure miserable and drunk is a big enough variation for my birthday than just being miserable -shrugs-

Gotta do something special, you know? :V

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Hmm, I must ask. Will anyone else be attending Sydney Supanova next month? If so, we should have a quick meet up or similar, probably on the sunday since I'll be stressed about skitting on the saturday.

Just an open thing. If no one is going, no worries. Although you should come...On the Saturday to watch me and two friends win the cosplay comp >.>
    Ayup. Looking pretty likely, at least. Just wait until the horde of Sydney-based TF2 buddies on my Steam list (stop hogging all the good players, you bastards!) find out...
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!

Pokemon X Info:

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

I've been looking at the guest list and it's looking sweet. Christopher Lloyd, Adam Baldwin, Jennifer Hale...I'd like to give Paolini a piece of my mind, though.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

28. - Top - End - #478
    Colossus in the Playground

Australia, I am disappointed.

For years, I have been hearing about the absolute terribleness of Vegemite. How a single drop apparently almost causes people to vomit in their disgust. How it is the worst thing they have ever eaten.

And now, when I finally get to try it? It's a slightly salty paste. Shame on you for raising my hopes.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-05-08 at 10:46 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Meh, it only has that affect on Americans.

I will say that not everyone spreads it thick like peanut butter, but there are some that do.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

I myself only ever have it on toast.

And now I want toast.

Dragons!