New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah![Canon or Non-Canon]

Jakus appears to be in a fairly silly outfit himself, wearing a santa suit that doesn't have an sleeves, and with his hair dyed white. Trix may get the feeling he's being just as festive as Trix's outfit is.

Jakus says to Hekta, "Magic only works if you get up on my lap and ask nicely, but yeah, there's even been people pulled out of that bag. Just gotta say what you want and be good," he chuckles.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Riverside?

"Um, that's a little far from where I live, but, uh, I can always see if maybe I can go there for a bit somehow." she hadn't heard much about Riverside before, only that a bunch of vampires had gone from Inside to there. She's a little afraid of vampires, and rightly so, seeing as they've tried to kill her before.

But maybe if it was to meet the kids again?

"I can try to get there someday." she says, "If, um, if you want me to."
    Lily breaks out into a biiiiiig grin, and if Trix is still close enough she'll hug the half-demon's leg!

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" she squeals delightedly. Then she takes Michael's hand and lets him lead her away, waving back to where she thinks Trix is.

"Bye!"

"Bye!"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Hekta might see Elias handing out donuts and cupcakes at one of the booths.

For those who haven't met him, he's a 13 year old human baker's apprentice of absolutely no powers and a nondescript appearance - though he does have a geas on him at present.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hekta does notice Elias but first she need to find out more about this ugly beard man.

She had seen a few people sitting in the ogres lap but that seemed stupid, why ask when you can take? "Ok, but I want some good stuff then!" Hekta exclaims as she grabs on to Jakus knee and literary swings herself up into his knee.

"I want something to eat, like that!" She points towards Elias, she really haven't figured out this wish thing has she?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakus nods and reaches into the bag, "Let's see what we can find in here then."

As he pulls his hand out, there is a platter. It happens to be covered in turkey slices, with a gravy boat off to the side, stuffing, and even sweet potatoes. "Food for the hungry little girl. And a pretty damn good meal, too."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Trix smiles as she watches the kids go. Ever since she got rid of her ring, Trix really has been a much nicer person - the ring must've made her greed override her nature.

She remembers, of course, that Jakus is nearby, dressed as Santa. It's probably best he doesn't see her in this silly Thanksmas outfit, so she goes around behind the tree and out of sight again. Pulling out her Brooch of Temporary Invisibility from her hat, she pops it on, disappearing completely (save for her footprints).

When she reappears, she's out of Jakus' potential view-range again. Just for now, at least.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2011-12-03 at 05:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

Iamar heads over to the booth that Elias is at. She looks at the cupcakes and donuts, wondering exactly what they are. She's never seen sweets like that before.

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hekta might see Elias handing out donuts and cupcakes at one of the booths.

For those who haven't met him, he's a 13 year old human baker's apprentice of absolutely no powers and a nondescript appearance - though he does have a geas on him at present.
    Michael and Lily, refusing to leave until they've seen absolutely everything in this place, walk over to Elias' stand.

Michael doesn't have any money on him, especially after buying Doctor Decibel's first comic, but Lily likes to save her coins, so has enough for both of them.

"Hi! Can me and my brother have... some of those?" she points to something that smells good, which turns out to be a pair of undoubtedly festive looking cupcakes.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Elias hands the cupcakes to Lily and Michael. "There's no charge. Master Dahl is providing the cakes for free for the holiday."

He isn't sure what Master Dahl expects to gain from it, but that's not his problem. He was told to hand out cakes, so he is.

"Would you like a cake, ma'am?" he asks Iamar.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #250

Lily's eyes go bright and sparkly as the cupcake is pressed into her hands.

Yay! Free sweets!

"Wheee! Thank you very much mister!" Lily begins to nom her sugary treat right then and there. Michael is much more reserved, but takes a fingerful of icing from the top and gives it a lick.

"Mm, this is great. Thanks a bunch! Come on Lily, Elder Moss will be back soon."

Lily is not persuaded. She will eat this whole thing, in full view of everyone. Because it is Thanksmas and she doesn't care how silly she looks.

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "I'll bet you do. Wait. What? No. Get back in your closet Magtok! We all know you're not ready to come out yet." Reinholdt says, throwing his remaining bits of a snowball at the robot before fleeing as well. In a similar direction as Magtok, but at an angle.
    Aaack! Snowballs are cold! D=

In any case, once he's relatively certain he's put enough space between himself and Reinholdt, Magtok comes to a stop, and takes a seat in the snow to catch his breath. Damn, this whole hiding thing is a lot harder than he'd expected. It also means he doesn't get a Thanksmas present from whomever's being Santa, too! Clearly he needs to re-evaluate his scheme, maybe try finding a-

...Magtok? Magtok, pay attention, this is important. Helloooooo, Magtok? We were in the middle of plotting and planning, remember? HEY! Stop staring off into space and focus, tin man! Focus on your plans and schemes and...and what the hell are you even staring at, anyway?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by What Maggy's Staring At. Hot Damn.

...Oh. Well that figures. Stupid tin man, don't you even remember why you were hiding in the first place? I mean, jeez. At least go talk to her, alright? Preferably before anyone notices the idiotic look on your face.

"Hi Missy." he says when he finally works up the nerve to talk to her again. Somewhere along the way he wiped the snow off his silly yuletide outfit, and acquired a mug of hot cocoa. I'm pretty sure doesn't even care for the stuff all that much, though. I think he's just holding it so he has something to do with his hands and doesn't awkwardly flail his arms about like a nervous spaz while talking to her.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-12-03 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #252

"What is a cake?" Iamar asks, demonstrating just how deprived she is.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

"You're welcome," Elias says to the children. He thinks about his own younger siblings, and wonders if they're still alive, in a detached and clinical sort of way. He had done what he could to save them, and if they were to survive, they would have to save themselves. "It's one of these," Elias says to Iamar, offering her a cupcake. "Here. It's free."

"Oh. Hi Magtok," Missy says. "It's, er, nice to see you." And there's definitely something off about her. The social awkwardness is exactly the same as before, but now it isn't contrasted by any physical poise. She's moving somewhat clumsily in the snow, in fact, and almost loses her balance on an icy patch. "Happy Thanksmas?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-12-03 at 06:54 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #254

Hekta peers at the turkey and quickly takes a turkey slice in her clawed hand and stuffs it into her mouth, not even finishing chewing it before she stuffs some more slices into her mouth along with the gravy.

This is going to turn into a mess as a lot of the food ends up outside her mouth rather then in it. Jakus might want to stop her.

15. - Top - End - #255

After a moment's hesitation, Iamar takes the cupcake. "Thank you very much," she says, while unwrapping the cupcake. She slowly takes a bite out of it, and tries to decide whether she likes it or not.

16. - Top - End - #256

Lily finishes her cupcake, rather messily, and gets a hold of Michael's hand once more.

"That was really great! Bye mister, bye lady!" Lily waves in Elias and Iamar's general direction before getting dragged away by Michael.

And unless something else pops up that needs the cheer of two chipper orphans, they'll grab some cocoa for Elder Moss, and meet up with him, leaving Thanksmas once and for all.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakus won't stop Hekta, believing she should enjoy her food her way. if it comes down to it, and she's hungry enough, she'll clean up the rest by eating it too, and it's a big platter.

He'll pick her up off his lap now that she's gotten her present, putting her and her platter down beside the throne so she can scamper off and do whatever.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Trix of course, now that she is no longer occupied by being nice to the children, tries to find a way to flee! Though she's not really sure where to go. After all, she can't seem to find the cliff she fell down to get here, even though it should be just nearby. Not only that, but every time she wanders to find a way out, she just gets turned around in the snow and finds herself back at Thanksmas Town, and usually in sight of Jakus Claus' chair again.

But that's okay, just as long as he doesn't see her. That would be embarrassing, especially with this neckline and whatever is going on around the tail back there... She tugs the back, but it just bumps on the top of her tail. Couldn't Thanksmas Town have given her an outfit with a tail-hole? This is awkward.

Another escape attempts later, and she's back around in front of the chair again. Why does she keep winding up back here?
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2011-12-03 at 07:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

As Jakus attempts to take her off, Hekta instead takes whatever remains off her food and swings off his lap, running off in the direction of Elias while munching her turkey.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakus starts cleaning himself off, running his hands down his front and pant legs to clear off the food Hekta spilled on him. It'll do a reasonable job, but it will have to be cleaned. That said, it shouldn't be too much of a hindrance.

And then Jakus spots Trix!

"Trix!" he says, from the santa chair, "Come here for some holiday goodness too?" he's calling out to her since she's a little ways a way. There aren't many NPCs around at the moment, so she shouldn't be too uncomfortable, really.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um!" Trix manages, a little startled at being noticed. Oh no, this was what she didn't want to happen!

She stutters and stammers a bit - but maybe if she just bears a bit of embarrassment, he can help her figure out how to get back to NO. He'd know how to get back, right?

She takes a beep breath, and scampers over to him, eyes looking around to make sure not too many people can see her.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    After a moment's hesitation, Iamar takes the cupcake. "Thank you very much," she says, while unwrapping the cupcake. She slowly takes a bite out of it, and tries to decide whether she likes it or not.
    Dahl's Bakery makes excellent cupcakes. Whether or not Iamar likes them is up to Iamar's player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    As Jakus attempts to take her off, Hekta instead takes whatever remains off her food and swings off his lap, running off in the direction of Elias while munching her turkey.
    Elias watches her to make sure she doesn't come into the booth. Hopefully she'll be kept busy with her massive dinner to come devour all the cupcakes just yet.

((deadtime))

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Believe it or not, Jakus seems a little self conscious of his own clothing choice when Trix comes over. He's essentially got a vest, open at the top to show off some muscles, and his massive arms are bare. He's well dressed otherwise, though.

"I didn't think you'd come. Crowds don't seem to be your thing." now, there aren't many people around. the adults got their fill of santa with Wolfy and Rein, and Jakus has just been dealing with a few NPC children that are still running around

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't actually know, uh..." she fiddles with her fingers nervously, "How I got here." Her tail swishes nervously behind her, and her ears are drooping slightly.

"I just thought you would, um, know how to get back to NO. Maybe, uh." she doesn't make direct eye-contact, and has to consciously keep herself from blushing a bit from embarrassment. He hasn't actually mentioned her outfit at all yet, however, so maybe there's no reason to worry...

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakus smiles, his expression saying 'oh Trix.' "Tell you what, come up here and get a present, and I'll take to back to know, alright? Everybody has to get a present before they leave. I'm pretty much done up here anyways."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

She just kind of nods a few quick times, squeaking a bit.

"But do I have to um, sit on your knee or lap or, uh, whatever? Because, um, that's a little uh." she doesn't finish the question, because now she is blushing, despite her attempts to hold it back.

"Just, um, I don't really know what I would want for a present, I don't really uh, uhhh..."

Warning! Warning! Critical awkwardness meltdown imminent!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Even Jakus blushes a little at that, akward himself, "Um... I'm pretty sure that's how the magic works, yeah. It doesn't have to be long, or a big gift. Maybe one of those MP3 player things to listen to while you're out and about, or maybe if you have a hobby, something to do with that? We can get just about anything out of this bag. The last little girl who came by got a meal with turkey and everything." Jakus moves his arms like he's not sure what to make of the situation. Honestly, he doesn't. Why is he being so awkward about this?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Trix just kind of "Erp"s quietly, before climbing up onto his knee. Curse her creamy-white skin! Blushing just makes it go all bright pink! She covers her blush up with her hands, but the robotic one is all cold from the snow.

The half-demon's tail is flopping about like an irritated cat's, but it's not certain why for anybody who doesn't know her father's demon species, and her ears are almost completely flat down. It's all embarrassment-driven, of course.

"Um." she squeaks.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakus' face, on the other hand, has turned an odd maroon color. as he blushes. Probably has something to do with his yellowish skin.

Trix may find that Jakus is powerfully muscled as she sits down on him, including the legs upon which she sits. Jakus, however, is trying his damnedest not to look down her top, "So, um... got any ideas what you might like for Thanksmas?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

She shakes her head swiftly a few times with an audible squeak. When she does manage to get a few words out, it's just a quick "I dunno." followed by another smaller squeak.

She really has no ideas - she's never really asked for anything for Thanksmas or otherwise, and she never really thought she would be in a position to get anything. After all, she was kinda busy for most of the last year just barely getting by in terrible conditions. She never really had time to worry about presents, and now she's in NO, and still doesn't really think about it. As far as she goes, NO is a marked step up, y'know?

Plus, she's a little distracted right now.