New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Unresolved Plot Point Collection Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    This can be removed; both were destroyed (Dorukan by Elan and Lirian by...well, I don't wanna bother with a spoiler box).
    The gates were destroyed; I believe the unresolved plot point of what happened to the rifts means did they expand etc after the gates were lost, in the same way the rift above Azure City has grown.
    Last edited by RoboChap; 2012-01-23 at 06:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    I believe when Sunken Valley mentions Nale's evil potential, he's referring to this post which seems to be implying that Elan's Goodness and Nale's Evilness are future plot points.The idea comes from this strip.
    "What was Nale's 'Evil Potential'?" is an obvious (with quotes, even) reference to something Sabine said in her first battle with Haley, which has since been resolved (the answer being that destructive unnecessary conflict is what he and his group do, and also he's a complete moron).

There is an unresolved--quite possibly not yet revealed, much less resolved--plot point in what Rich said, but that's not it.
    Last edited by Kish; 2012-01-23 at 06:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "What was Nale's 'Evil Potential'?" is an obvious (with quotes, even) reference to something Sabine said in her first battle with Haley,
    I know. I'm just saying I think Sunken Valley believes the two to be related.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Yes the ritual is what we think it is. Crossed off
    "What we think it is" has always been "what Redcloak thinks it is", so no.

98% of the internet has a Myspace. If you're one of the 2% who isn't an emo whiner, show solidarity by putting this in your sig.

Instead, I have a blog and web site: http://morganwick.com Tweeter: http://twitter.com/morganwick Webcomic (not really OOTS-related): http://morganwick.freehostia.com/webcomic

Official self-appointed former commentator for The Sticks Awards.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Banned

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    I know. I'm just saying I think Sunken Valley believes the two to be related.
    Indeed I do. There has to be more than one reason why Sabine and her master's got Nale specifically.

You've probably noticed that Tsukiko's permanent death has crossed off all her plot points.

Also, now that I can publicly say that Redcloak is using the ritual to teleport a gate to the upper planes and then give control of the gate to the Dark One so that his God can blackmail the other God's in giving Goblin's equality without spoilers, do you think I should promote the spoilered plot point "Is the Dark One hiding a step in his grand plan from Redcloak" to a Story-wide point?

Also, although we know about the fake phylacetary, I'm not removing the point questioning what Redcloak's going to do with it because I don't get where he's going with this. SoD shows the last time he used the phylacetary against Xykon, it did not go well. Can anyone explain?

Needless to say, the fake Phylacetary is not going anywhere anytime soon.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Will we see the 2 assassins from the Weary Travellers Inn and Tavern again?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

Daemon

Made changes

8. - Top - End - #68

Also, now that I can publicly say that Redcloak is using the ritual to teleport a gate to the upper planes and then give control of the gate to the Dark One so that his God can blackmail the other God's in giving Goblin's equality without spoilers, do you think I should promote the spoilered plot point "Is the Dark One hiding a step in his grand plan from Redcloak" to a Story-wide point?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know - part of the reason that's speculated is because Right-Eye raises the possibility in SoD.

98% of the internet has a Myspace. If you're one of the 2% who isn't an emo whiner, show solidarity by putting this in your sig.

Instead, I have a blog and web site: http://morganwick.com Tweeter: http://twitter.com/morganwick Webcomic (not really OOTS-related): http://morganwick.freehostia.com/webcomic

Official self-appointed former commentator for The Sticks Awards.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Spamalot in the Playground

Where is Haerta/What will she do before she is recaptured? (I believe this to be separate from the "Soul Splice" question.)

And from SoD:

Spoiler
    Show
    Where is Xykon's female wizard colleague (they promised to kill each other next time they met)?
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-02-02 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Where is Haerta/What will she do before she is recaptured? (I believe this to be separate from the "Soul Splice" question.)
    Who says she hasn't been captured? The fiends said they were working on it. They have had two weeks.

@morganwick: I've thought the Dark One was a liar because his back story is in Crayon. And I think the crayon drawings are lies. They don't tell it as it really happened.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Spamalot in the Playground

Who says she hasn't been captured? The fiends said they were working on it. They have had two weeks.
    Why would we assume it's happened if we haven't seen it happen, and have no reason to think that it happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Why would we assume it's happened if we haven't seen it happen, and have no reason to think that it happened?
    We have plenty of reasons to think it has happened, the most decisive one being that Haerta isn't important enough to the story for the Giant to show us her recapture. Honestly, PLENTY of things happen off-panel; the fiends' off-hand comment that they will send some minion retrieve the wayward soul is enough to assume it does happen, considering her lack of importance from a narrative viewpoint.
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

Daemon

Guess what playgrounders! My threat level's gone up. From the comfort of my fortress I'm adding some new plot points. Now I need some lungs to do a laugh.

14. - Top - End - #74

Planetar

I'm not confident if this is the right place to ask, but I don't want to start a new thread for a minor question and this seemed optimal.

In SoD, RedCloak's niece, how old would she be by now? Both RedCloak and RightEye (had he been alive) should be beyond the maximum age for their species, right? Is it the same case with the niece? Is she merely very old now? Any idea?

It's just that I always imagined should there be a reuniting, that it'd be with a little goblin girl, but that seems obviously not the case.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

She could be anywhere from a preteen to young adult by now. The best reference is Right-Eye: He's "child-sized" 34 years before the comic starts, then "adult-sized" 4 years later.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

If the gates can be destroyed safely -- and evidence suggests at least 2, possibly 3 of them have been...

...why weren't they? Why guard something that can be destroyed? Obviously it's possible to *unsafely* destroy one (reference: the one that blew up in Azure City).
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is kind of old, but I don't see it on the list. Do we know if Sabine is vulnerable to cold iron or to alchemical silver?
    Pale Master avatar by myself.

10 points if you can tell what he has equipped

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredAmeoba View Post
    This is kind of old, but I don't see it on the list. Do we know if Sabine is vulnerable to cold iron or to alchemical silver?
    She's a demon, so cold iron.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Daemon

If we didn't know Sabine's secret, it would be in the "big 3" as it came up before The Comic grew the beard. We do so it's not (her other secrets on the other hand)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

Daemon

V is out. Cross off.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground

SoD Spoilers

Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to know what happened to the zombies of Barky, Xykon's Grandma, Professor Xavion, Lirian (and Dorukan? I can't remember if he also got zombiefied) and Right Eye.

It's possible that they just faded into Xykon's zombie hoards and got killed in Dungeon Crawlin' Fools or in the battle for Azure City

Xykon seems like the kind of guy who would keep notable zombies, perhaps for his fortress on the Astral Plane. He might even have set Barky up somewhere nice: it seems he was the one thing Xykon was ever truly upset about losing other than his own life, and the only thing that Xykon has ever been truly emotionally attached to.

And, Red Cloak might have tried to keep Right Eye's zombie safe. Brotherly love and all that.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

Daemon

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes to Lirian and Right Eye Zombies. No to Barky and co.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

Daemon

We've found Girard's us.

24. - Top - End - #84

In 821, Nale tells Tarquin that a ritual is needed to control the Snarl? How did he know that? Or was he just bluffing to save his skin?
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world

25. - Top - End - #85

Either he heard something about it during his employ with Xykon, he heard it from Shojo, he learned it some other way, or he's still going by his educated guess that Xykon doesn't want to destroy the world. Or he's bluffing.

I wouldn't say it's unresolved, exactly - there are a number of ways he could have learned this. And we know it's true, so it doesn't really matter how he learned it. Otherwise we would have heard the same gate story a half dozen times by now.
    Last edited by JCarter426; 2012-03-01 at 03:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Banned

Daemon

I'm taking that imagine spot to be Rich saying familycide killed penelope. However, Orrin and his Daughter stay because I'm not entirely sure they're just red herrings.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

Daemon

Orrin and Penelope are definitely dead. Cross off.

28. - Top - End - #88

Planetar

I really like your thread and I thank you for doing this. I'd also enjoy if the resolved plot points could be found somewhere. It's somehow nice to see stuff people questioned in the past, stuff the common reader might have accidently skipped over while reading the comic.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Colossus in the Playground

We've found Girard's us.
    We have met the Girard and he is us?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    We have met the Girard and he is us?
    No, we can cross off the plot point "Who is Girard's us"? as in the "us" he referred to. This was his clan. His dead clan.

@Baron: good idea but it would be hard as it would be more difficult to find a tier system, there's more plot points solved than unsolved and slain plot points breed new ones (for example, "what does Tarquin know about Draketooth" became "where are Orrin and his daughter" which is now "do any Draketooth live")