New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

Default Re: Unresolved Plot Point Collection Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    If the gates can be destroyed safely -- and evidence suggests at least 2, possibly 3 of them have been...

...why weren't they? Why guard something that can be destroyed? Obviously it's possible to *unsafely* destroy one (reference: the one that blew up in Azure City).
    Destroying the gates is by no stretch of the imagination "safe". The destruction of other gates can be reasonably presumed to have weakened the fabric of the universe much as the destruction of Dorukan's gate was explicitly stated to have done - not weakened it enough to unmake the universe, but with this getting more likely to happen every time it occurs. It's a risk, just not one that has yet managed to come up snake eyes.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Destroying the gates is by no stretch of the imagination "safe". The destruction of other gates can be reasonably presumed to have weakened the fabric of the universe much as the destruction of Dorukan's gate was explicitly stated to have done - not weakened it enough to unmake the universe, but with this getting more likely to happen every time it occurs. It's a risk, just not one that has yet managed to come up snake eyes.
    More than that, the Snarl's quiescence is actively very strange at this point. Redcloak even commented on it--though only Blackwing and Vaarsuvius know what seems to really be in the rift.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is this the right place to muse over whether we will ever see the Trial of the Century, and whether or not the Flumphs will represent Defendants Starshine Thundershield and Elan, and if the trial will be presided by Judge Wapner?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

Daemon

New plot points added.

5. - Top - End - #95

Perhaps this was mentioned already, but in the bonus comics in Don't Split the Party, when Lord Shojo is discussing putting the mark of justice on Belkar with Sangwaan, she mentions that she sees him saving Hinjo's life twice. The first time was obviously when he prevented the archer from shooting Hinjo with a poisoned arrow. When was the second? Has it occurred yet? I'm not sure Belkar fireballing the group of archers in comic #455 really counts, since they got shot anyway and survived it just fine. Is there another instance of Belkar saving Hinjo's life that I've forgotten?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by rgrekejin View Post
    Perhaps this was mentioned already, but in the bonus comics in Don't Split the Party, when Lord Shojo is discussing putting the mark of justice on Belkar with Sangwaan, she mentions that she sees him saving Hinjo's life twice. The first time was obviously when he prevented the archer from shooting Hinjo with a poisoned arrow. When was the second? Has it occurred yet? I'm not sure Belkar fireballing the group of archers in comic #455 really counts, since they got shot anyway and survived it just fine. Is there another instance of Belkar saving Hinjo's life that I've forgotten?
    I'm reasonably sure that was 455.

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I'm reasonably sure that was 455.
    I guess that could be so, but I kind of expected something different. Given that the first time Belkar saved his life, Hinjo was in clear danger of dying and Belkar explicitly prevented it, but in #455 he was in relatively little immediate danger (they got shot at and survived anyhow) and Belkar didn't wholly prevent it, just lessened the degree a little bit. It just seems too indirect. If anything, I'd argue that Elan's illusion is what saved his life in that strip, as it convinced the hobgoblins not to follow up on their attack. To me, saying that Belkar saved Hinjo's life in #455 seems a little like trying to argue that Belkar fulfilled his prophecy by causing Roy's death by giving him the ring of jumping +20. You can make an okay case for it, but it doesn't have the oomph of a prophecy fulfilled.
    Last edited by rgrekejin; 2012-03-22 at 05:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am not sure if this is the place to point this out, since it may or may not be important enough for a plot point, but since I can think of several scenarios where it could be important, I thought that I would ask. Additionally, I don't know if there is already an answer to this, but I tried searching for the answer and failed to find it...
    What is Malack?
    There are a couple of threads that seem to debate this, but I did not see any conclusion.
    It is to the discretion of the board if this is worthy of being placed on the main page, but I am honestly curious about the answer.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    I am not sure if this is the place to point this out, since it may or may not be important enough for a plot point, but since I can think of several scenarios where it could be important, I thought that I would ask. Additionally, I don't know if there is already an answer to this, but I tried searching for the answer and failed to find it...
    What is Malack?
    There are a couple of threads that seem to debate this, but I did not see any conclusion.
    It is to the discretion of the board if this is worthy of being placed on the main page, but I am honestly curious about the answer.
    Malack is an albino lizardfolk. Anything else is pure "wild mass guessing". Until and unless someone actually wonders about this in the comic, I don't think it's really a "plot point" as such.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Daemon

New plot points

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

I don't think I've seen this one mentioned before:

Who was spying on the party at the end of strip #698?

I originally assumed it was one of Girard's allies, but now it's clear that all of the Drakenteeth were already Familicided by that time. And I don't think this is evidence that Girard has somehow cheated death either. The "aura" surrounding the floating eyeball is green, which doesn't seem to be his usual color (at least as depicted by the crayon's of time). The only named characters who cast magic with a green aura are Lirian and Julia, but neither one would make sense here. It has to be someone who would have known about the fake gate coordinates, but who was not related to the Drakenteeth.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by chainik View Post
    I don't think I've seen this one mentioned before:

Who was spying on the party at the end of strip #698?

I originally assumed it was one of Girard's allies, but now it's clear that all of the Drakenteeth were already Familicided by that time. And I don't think this is evidence that Girard has somehow cheated death either. The "aura" surrounding the floating eyeball is green, which doesn't seem to be his usual color (at least as depicted by the crayon's of time). The only named characters who cast magic with a green aura are Lirian and Julia, but neither one would make sense here. It has to be someone who would have known about the fake gate coordinates, but who was not related to the Drakenteeth.
    General consensus is that it was Zz'dtri. His magic is green, and Nale says he knew Elan and co. were in the desert.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RNGgod View Post
    General consensus is that it was Zz'dtri. His magic is green, and Nale says he knew Elan and co. were in the desert.
    It could also be Eugene. He can scry, and his magic has a distinctly green color.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Eugene's has a white outline. The scrying eye is completely identical to Zz'dtri's and the Oracle's, as far as I can tell. Julia's magic color is darker than the scrying eye here, but about right here. I don't think we've seen Lirian's aura outside of crayon or greyscale art.

But the simplest answer is Zz'dtri: fits what Nale said perfectly and foreshadowed a twist no one saw coming. Well, except for this guy.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    Well, except for this guy.
    Good grief, that guy needs to go into the fortune-telling business. Wow.

But seriously, I think the eye was pretty clearly established as Zz'dtri. Not sure why this keeps being debated.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Banned

Daemon

Yukyuk is dead. Cross off

17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Everybody seems to be near certain that he was already killed by Redcloak off panel, but since his ultimate fate has not actually been shown, would whatever happened to the polymorphed rogue count?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

Daemon

Who wants me to put "When will Tarquin be recognised" on the chart? I haven't before because I don't think it will last long but it's probably going to be a major plot point.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    This could go under "Will we ever know:"

Who was Qarr's previous supervisor and what is this evil chalice s/he won't shut up about?)
    Maybe that's a reference to the Knights of the Chalice in Complete Warrior?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Everybody seems to be near certain that he was already killed by Redcloak off panel, but since his ultimate fate has not actually been shown, would whatever happened to the polymorphed rogue count?
    It counts since it's kinda like Redcloak metaphor for "Seriously? A polymorphed rogue. How unoriginal?".
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

Daemon

Made Changes

22. - Top - End - #112

How about "What is the other stuff that Jirix left out?"

It's unclear whether it will actually come to anything, but I've always thought that there was something potentially significant in Jirix's encounter with the Dark One of which Redcloak may be still unaware.
    HUMANS....... ARE....... SUPERIORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But she was naked! And all... articulate!!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Daemon

Well Durkon's Dead. Changes made.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

Daemon

Found the gate now.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGirl

May I suggest one? "What will really happen if all the gates are destroyed?"

Current arc has us leading to the fourth gate being destroyed by Roy, which only leaves one left. And I think "The world goes boom" is too simplistic an answer with the whole world-inside-the-world thing. So, if Kraagor's gate falls next, does the world really go boom? Or do they end up on the other world somehow, or maybe it's a hint at another story with another adventuring party after the OotS succeeds (Or fails) the main quest line?
    Last edited by Anatares; 2013-06-25 at 04:15 PM.
    Haley: Oh, I guess I'll just have to accept getting twice as much gold as the rest of you.
    Roy: You brought this on yourself, you know.
    Haley: Yes, yes I did.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Anatares View Post

Current arc has us leading to the fourth gate being destroyed by Roy, which only leaves one left. And I think "The world goes boom" is too simplistic an answer with the whole world-inside-the-world thing. So, if Kraagor's gate falls next, does the world really go boom? Or do they end up on the other world somehow, or maybe it's a hint at another story with another adventuring party after the OotS succeeds (Or fails) the main quest line?
    Wow, gnogard poster. Done.

27. - Top - End - #117

If I was to guess what the story is with Fyron's Son, he probably went after Xykon for killing Fyron as well, and probably found him easily (scrying on the crown, perhaps). And hilarity ensued. After that, Xykon took steps to keep from being found, which is why Eugene had so much trouble.

Also, if Fyron's Son was also named Fyron, we'd have two of the Fyron Five Xykon killed in Cliffport.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

I believe as of today we do now know when the IFCC will call in V's debt, and that it can be called in premortum.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, part of it, anyway.
    The Order of the Stick death pool thread -- place your bets! (Yes, it's still ongoing and maintained.)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anatares View Post

The odds are likely against it, but nothing much is a real possibility. After all, the world is a thousand plus years old. These rifts may be just as old, just not noticed until recently. So nothing may happen in a period that has any meaning in terms of human lifespans. There are some suggestions it will be faster, and that is more dramatic, but if the last gate is destroyed on Tuesday, you are unlikely to get out of that dentist appointment on Wednesday.