New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Wild West Settlers]IC: Giddy Up

The Wild West Settlers

Buckeye, is a small settlement with less than sixty-five residents located somewhere in the southwestern desert in a fictional version of Arizona. Particulars about this specific location was that it was really the only decent fertile land around thanks to the underground spring. By decent I mean, barely really.

There are a few houses, one or two small farms nearby, the more prominent one belonging to the McGoldrics. Most folks still live in the wagons that they traveled here in. A few of the significant structures is the small 'saloon' ran by an NPC who can be taken over and made into a PC if someone wants. Another small building is the one that Bill uses, its a sort of office/home where residents can come talk to him about their problems or ask for help. It has a small general store, though the stock is limited. Its a small, small settlement no bigger than a thorp. But every day these folks are trying to really make it a home.

Outside the settlement is a very harsh world that will show you no mercy, 'tis a land for only the strong.
    =====

OOC Here
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-11-04 at 10:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Wild West Settlers]IC: Giddy Up

Bill Jones-

'This day began in the early afternoon when the desert sun was at its worse. Down upon the hard working backs of men it shined down on. It didn't help it was the middle of August.

Bill himself rode on his horse around the proximity of the settlement, doing his best to see that no trouble get by.

Blam!

A rattlesnake briefly hissed as it was shot. He hopped off his horse to go collect, the meat could probably still be good.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessie Smith
    Jessie was at work in the general store. It wasn't really a general store. So far it was basically a large shed that housed all of the extra wood, rope, and rations they had. They would need these until the farm's crops came in. She was organizing what little they had into what could be taken out per day, with a little extra just in case. Jessie was a dark haired, blue eyed young woman wearing a black and white dress. She liked to hum while she worked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Samuel Smith eyes his sister, giving her a slight nod and a hand gesture.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Bill Jones-Heading back into town

After putting the dead snake in his pack he hopped onto his horse and returned to town, he wanted to see Nathan as skinning and hunting critters for food was up his alley. Along the way he passed the General Shed Store and smiled passing the Smith siblings. "Good evening Miss Jessie, Mister Samuel. Some kinda heat we're a' havin eh?" He wiped his brow with the tip of his bandana.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Bill Jones-Heading back into town

After putting the dead snake in his pack he hopped onto his horse and returned to town, he wanted to see Nathan as skinning and hunting critters for food was up his alley. Along the way he passed the General Shed Store and smiled passing the Smith siblings. "Good evening Miss Jessie, Mister Samuel. Some kinda heat we're a' havin eh?" He wiped his brow with the tip of his bandana.
    I swear I read bandana as banana.

Samuel frowns at Bill and doesn't say a word, fingering the guns at his sides.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessie Smith

Before the self appointed leader and sheriff of their little band of settlers showed up, Jessie had been trying to get her brother to leave her alone. Shoo Sam. You know not to bother me while I'm working. Get going. She quickly turned to look at him as he came by. She nodded at him and used her handkerchief to dab the top of her chest and neck. Well yes it is. Anything you need Bill?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moofin Bard View Post
    Jessie Smith

Before the self appointed leader and sheriff of their little band of settlers showed up, Jessie had been trying to get her brother to leave her alone. Shoo Sam. You know not to bother me while I'm working. Get going. She quickly turned to look at him as he came by. She nodded at him and used her handkerchief to dab the top of her chest and neck. Well yes it is. Anything you need Bill?

"Well actually, I suppose ya'll don't have any fresh apples in stock? Great way to fend off against the heat and tasty,"
    He kept with his goofy smile and demeanor as he hopped off his horse and approached the pair, spurs clinking.

9. - Top - End - #9

"Well actually, I suppose ya'll don't have any fresh apples in stock? Great way to fend off against the heat and tasty,"
    He kept with his goofy smile and demeanor as he hopped off his horse and approached the pair, spurs clinking.
    Samuel frowns and begins to leave, but instead stops in the door and watches his sister converse with Bill.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessie Smith

Jessie shook her head at Bill and smiled. Well you're lucky. There are some extra apples so you can have one. I just can't be giving you one every day now. She reached back down in the corner of the extras pile and pulled out an apple. She then wiped it off on her dress and handed it over to Bill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nathan Shantar

After yet another unsuccessful hunt, Nathan returns to town - specifically, to the general store, to see if he can't get something decent for himself. Upon seeing that the sheriff was already there, he leans against the door frame, waiting for his turn.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Bill Jones

"I wouldn't dream of it Miss Jessie, but thank for the apple, much appreciated ma'am,"
    He tipped his hat with one hand while holding the apple with the other and took a crisp bite. "MmmMmm."

He turned to exit this little shack of a general store spotting Nathan.

"Oh Mister Nathan, I was just about ta' look for ya,"
    He said after swallowing his bite.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessie Smith

Jessie gave her brother a stern look that meant get out of sight until everyone else is gone. She then curtsied at Bill and waved at Nathan. She wiped her hands off on her dress. Hello Nathan! What can I get for you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

14. - Top - End - #14

Nathan Shantar

Nathan gave a greeting nod to Jessie. "Afternoon, Ms. Smith. Sheriff." He walked further into the shack. "Hunt didn't go as well as I'd hoped today. Wanted to see if you had any new shipments."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessie Smith

With all of the people in the small general shack, it was starting to get a bit crowded. Jessie brought a fluffy dead critter out of a box. Well actually my brother shot a badger today. If you could skin it and bring it back for rations, I would be ever so grateful. Well actually he had shot two badgers but the other was hidden away for only them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Bill Jones

Bill decided to wait outside for Nathan, taking notice of the crowdedness in the General Shack. He still wanted to see what Nathan could do with the rattlesnake he shot.

17. - Top - End - #17

Mcgoldrick Farm
    Farmer Mcgoldrick wiped the sweat off his brow as he worked in the hot sun. The smell of earth was in the air as he carefully made roes with his hoe for his new field he was preparing, one for cacti in fact. He had realized that cacti would be a smart idea as they require little water and the store this water for a long time, in his mind it was a better storing place for water then his pantry, which could easily be robbed. He also knew that the cacti sometimes had fruit, the one he knew about was the Prickly Pear Cacti. He would need to order those seeds from the general store.
    But for now he continued to sweat and toil plowing the field.
    It was going to be a looooooooooooooong day.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #18

Nathan Shantar

"Can do, miss. I'll even bring ya the fur, free of charge." Nathan took the dead badger, intending to take it with him over to his wagon and skin it.

19. - Top - End - #19

Samuel growled and slipped out of the building, fingering his guns and headig toward the saloon.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessie Smith

Jessie nodded and curtsied to him as well. She was quite a proper lady wasn't she? At least she seemed like it anyway. Oh thank you so much. She then turned to continue working. She never liked interruptions when she was working.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral itP
    Couple itP
    Pyrope FwM pony

21. - Top - End - #21

Betty McGoldric stepped out of her house with a damp cloth in hand, rubbing the sweat off her forehead. She frowns at her husband.
    I don't recall you telling me you were gonna plant something.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Bill Jones-Outside the General Shack/Store

After whatever point Nathan leaves the general store/shed, Bill would be outside trying to get his attention.

As for any potential tavern brawlers, NPCs are yours to borrow.

23. - Top - End - #23

Matthias Koch

It is Matthias' first day in town, his traveling companions have moved on for supposedly greener pastures farther out West. As their wagon spits up clouds of dust he kicks at the ground upturning some of the dry dirt.

He looks around at the town and imagines his new life here, "Here I shall finally strike it rich." he says to himself quietly in his thick German accent.

He walks up to a nearby (the store) building after hearing voices inside, he hoped to find some work to support himself until he had a stable starting point to begin a mining operation.
    Last edited by ShadowySilence; 2011-11-05 at 02:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Betty McGoldric stepped out of her house with a damp cloth in hand, rubbing the sweat off her forehead. She frowns at her husband.
    I don't recall you telling me you were gonna plant something.
    "I don't recall any laws that say a man must tell his wife everything he is going to do. Besides, I'm going to plant Cacti, they'll collect water by themselves and we will be able to eat them and drink the sweet juice on the inside. They're a fair investment, especially with how hard it is to get water out here." he said as he continued to make straight furrows. He still needed to get a man to tell him the best place to make a well too.
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #25

And what in the blazes do you of all people know about cacti?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
    Matthias Koch

It is Matthias' first day in town, his traveling companions have moved on for supposedly greener pastures farther out West. As their wagon spits up clouds of dust he kicks at the ground upturning some of the dry dirt.

He looks around at the town and imagines his new life here, "Here I shall finally strike it rich." he says to himself quietly in his thick German accent.

He walks up to a nearby (the store) building after hearing voices inside, he hoped to find some work to support himself until he had a stable starting point to begin a mining operation.
    Bill Jones

Being outside the 'store' waiting for Nathan, Bill smiled and extended his hand for a shake to this new face. Bill, he prided himself in being able to tell who's a new face and who's not. It didn't hurt that there were only about 60-70 people living here.

"Why hello there, don't reckon ya to be a local."

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    And what in the blazes do you of all people know about cacti?
    "I damn well know more than you, woman!" he said, shaking his fist at her. Of course he knew about cacti! He has lived in the west for three months! Plenty of time to learn!
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show
    Bill Jones

Being outside the 'store' waiting for Nathan, Bill smiled and extended his hand for a shake to this new face. Bill, he prided himself in being able to tell who's a new face and who's not. It didn't hurt that there were only about 60-70 people living here.

"Why hello there, don't reckon ya to be a local."

Matthias Koch

Matthias approaches the man "Hello you are correct, I just came to town with a group that went on past." he motions his head in the direction the wagon had gone. "My name is Matthias Koch, but you can call me Matt." he extends his hand in greeting. "What is your name?"

OOC: He speaks like he does (without a western accent) because most of his time has been spent trying to learn English and it comes off in a formal almost robotic way.
    Last edited by ShadowySilence; 2011-11-05 at 03:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "I damn well know more than you, woman!" he said, shaking his fist at her. Of course he knew about cacti! He has lived in the west for three months! Plenty of time to learn!
    She planted her fists on her hips defiantly.
    Don't raise your voice at me, foolish man.
    They really aren't even arguing about anything anymore.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Nathan Shantar

Nathan did indeed leave the store, and saw Bill talking to a new person. Remembering that the sheriff had wanted speak with him, he waited again, keeping his face out of the sun.