Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Cult of Arceus-OOC

Just for the purposes of the rules. Each of us started with one that is basically something you find in any route in a game, or is common enough according to Rei. Kantolin had machop (now Machoke), Major has pichu, Present had regginrola (about as common as geodude), and I took magikarp (now a gyarados). Don't think ralts was that common, right? Although if people want it to be common, it will be. I think Abra was labeled common by the previous DM, though. As for the knife, it's ammo. Let's say...200 for a decent quality one?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-01 at 10:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like to, but I won't make a big deal about it and instead just take a Ghastly egg. Of course a Ralts is first on my 'Want to Catch' list, hint hint, nudge nudge.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

Solara in Down Under by Group

Cain Treblinka in Ambitions by Eshkigal

Talitha mi-Chelicerata in Team Rocket by Arcran

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Understood. Personally, I'd just go with one pokemon being a couple levels lower and having a gastly, but that works too. Everyone with eggs will have Kantolin's hatcher's bonus.

Thinking about it though, I think I'll let litwick be your common. Ghosts are a bit of a weird type when it comes to this, so why not?

Anything you want to note for your relationship with your cousin Tony? He'd be close in age to you, so he wouldn't be someone Zach gives pokemon.

Zach approved! Looking at others.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-01 at 11:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

@Major: Finally have a real chance to review the classes. Primevalist and Magical Girl are both approved. However, I hope primevalist isn't used too often if you take it. That could get messy fast.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-01 at 11:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal
    Thinking about it though, I think I'll let litwick be your common. Ghosts are a bit of a weird type when it comes to this, so why not?

Anything you want to note for your relationship with your cousin Tony? He'd be close in age to you, so he wouldn't be someone Zach gives pokemon.
    Wait, so Ralts would work then?

Hm, I'll think about that. Do you want me to add it into the character sheet? And no, I never thought he would. That was more for family in Mistralton, not his entire family.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-01 at 11:11 PM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Yeah, sure. As I said, ghosts are strange like that, because they really have no boundaries and I don't know what rules Rei had for them. As for you and Tony, only if you want.

Okay: Current list of people approved to start posting IG.
    Kantolin
    Presentpresence
    Major
    Prospector
    EspritRequin

Waiting on:
    Pi
    Arcran if he returns
    Jallorn if we can figure out the stat issue. Speaking of that, are any of you well versed in balancing stats with classes that have opposing stat groups?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-01 at 11:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

What classes does Jallorn want to use? I could try to help with a build.

I'd like my Geodude served in egg form, please.
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-02 at 12:24 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Alright, once everyone is set up. Jallorn wants to be a martial artist/psychic/empath that dual wields and mimics his two primary pokemon in combat.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Why is it that any pokemon (even mammals like growlith) come in egg form?
    Characters:
    Ixen Kobold Rogue

Falix Kobold Sorcerer/Paladin
    and Special Mount

The secret of life:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    haha, made you look

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3.1415926535897 View Post
    Why is it that any pokemon (even mammals like growlith) come in egg form?
    Because explaining birth to a five year old and remaining E is complicated, and eggs are not. Plus it creates a single mechanic for all Pokémon children, as opposed to making all sorts of exceptions. This was kept in the transition to a tabletop game.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    @Major: Finally have a real chance to review the classes. Primevalist and Magical Girl are both approved. However, I hope primevalist isn't used too often if you take it. That could get messy fast.
    Well I need my HP to absorb damage for pokemon and to heal so Primvalist is unlikely to be used too much (super expensive). I'll try and have character updated tomorrow and pick between Magical and Primvalist.

Edit: Holy crap O.o Kara isn't the smartest person around anymore :P

27 intelligence O.o

On a side note this meeting should be interesting :P Considering even Tony probably doesn't know about Kara's orphanage and getting kicked out and all that backstory since the most she'd tell people would be her Viridian story and past time.

And thus a blast from the past might be able to reveal a bit about her :P
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-02 at 05:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

And even then, almost everyone in the group is crazy smart. I feel stupid next to all of your 20+ intelligences.
    If Kara hates battles because they hurt Pokémon, what will she think about a Litwick and it's family (assuming the Pokédex info from the games is true here as well) being the pride and joy of my team?

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

First off, a build for Jallorn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1: Study Session - WIS
    +1 WIS

Level 2: Study Session - WIS
    +1 WIS

Level 3: Study Session - INT
    +1 INT

Level 4: Study Session - INT
    +1 INT

Level 5: Multitasking
    +1 STR

Level 6: Martial Artist (+1 DEX, +1 STR, -2 INT)
    +1 DEX

Level 7: Study Session - INT
    +1 INT

Level 8: Study Session - INT
    +1 CON

Level 9: Psychic (+1 INT, +1 CON, -2 STR)
    +1 STR

Level 10: Dual Wielding
    +1 STR
    Only 2 classes and hardly any useful feats, but he has Dual Wielding and can take Empath next TL.

Here's my revised Peter:

Peter Stone:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Name|Peter Stone
    Level:|10
    Classes|Ace Trainer, Type Ace - Rock, Earth Shaker
    Money|1,000[/table]

Badges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic Badge (Nacrene City): Awarded for defending the Nacrene Museum from Team Plasma
    Stone Badge (Rustboro City): Awarded for successful completion of the Pokemon Trainer's School curriculum and Roxanne's test.
    Storm Badge (Cianwood City): Awarded for successfully enduring a punch from Chuck.
    Coal Badge (Oreburgh City): Awarded for saving Roark and several miners from a cave-in at the Oreburgh Mines.

Max HP: 120 Current HP: 120

Stats:
    {table=head] Stat|Value|Modifier
    Strength:|16|+3
    Dexterity:|8|-2
    Constitution:|20|+5
    Intelligence:|16|+3
    Wisdom:|7|-3
    Charisma:|8|-2[/table]

Attacks
    Chain Whip - 1d10+20

Inventory
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Item|Amount|Cost Per|Effect
    Beta Pokedex|1|-|Provides basic info on Pokemon.
    Rhyhorn Saddle|1|1,000|Custom-fit to Peter's body, this saddle enables him to comfortably ride Bulwark, and has straps to allow for growth.
    Chain Whip|1|600|Chain Weapon.
    Ultra Ball|5|1,000|Pokeball, -10 modifier.
    Super Potion|3|300|Heals 20 +1d12 HP when used.
    Full Heal|3|500|Cures all Status Afflictions simultaneously.[/table]

Character Info
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Description:
    Peter is heavy-set but muscular. He is built like an old-fashioned boxer. He keeps his silver hair in a crew cut. He is more similar in appearance to his father than to his brother Steven, who shares their mother's features.
    Personality:
    Peter is patient and stoic. He can be blunt, but he is not harsh. He loves attractive rocks and rock pokemon, and he collects both compulsively.
    Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Peter Stone is the son of Mr. Stone, president of the Devon Corporation. His brother is Steven Stone, Champion of the Hoenn League and collector of rare stones. All of his life, Peter has been overshadowed by Steven and his accomplishments. Even though Steven did not mistreat Peter, he still resented his older brother for a long time. When Peter turned 14, he ran away from home with his pet Larvitar, seeking adventure and his own identity. Along the way, he found himself connected to rock-type pokemon. He acquired several of them, and found himself to be in-tune with the earth. He discovered that he had the ability to use techniques similar to the ones his pokemon could perform. He traveled through many lands, meeting new pokemon and seeing breath-taking landscapes. Eventually he came to terms with who he was, and reconciled with his family. He has not lost his spirit of adventure, however. He now finds himself on a boat in the Kanto region, where he hopes to discover some new pokemon.

Features:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Feature|Frequency|Trigger|Effect
    Enhanced Training|Static|Your pokemon gains experience points.|Each of your pokemon gains and additional 20% the amount of experience they would gain normally.
    Improved Attacks +|Static|Your Pokemon’s damage dealing attack hits.|When adding up damage dealt to the foe, add either your STR modifier or your CON modifier before your foe subtracts their defense of special defense from the attack. This feature replaces Improved Attacks.
    Type Training|Static|Your chosen type pokemon gains experience points.|Each of your chosen typed pokemon gains +30% the amount of experience they would gain normally.
    Improved Type Attacks +|Static|Your pokemon’s chosen type damage dealing attack hits.|When adding up damage dealt to the foe, add your CON modifier to the total. This feature replaces Improved Type Attacks.
    Type Soul|Static|Self|You feel bound to that Elemental Type, but are not obligated to only use that type. You can sense pokemon of that type nearby; 5-meters multiplied by your CON modifier. You can also sense that Type in Movesets of pokemon; 5-meters multiplied by your CON modifier. You may not take Type Soul more then once, even if you have taken Type Ace twice.
    Soulbound|Daily – Every 2 levels gained, you may perform this Feature another time per day.|Self|Your attacks can deal damage based on the Type you feel bound to. Apply weakness, resistance and immunities. Once you have Soulbound, you may not take any Modifier Arms Features. If you already had a Modifier Arms Feature, you may still use them if your means of making those weapons deal special damage are still available.
    Terrakinesis|At-Will|Any type of rock or piece of ground.|Add your INT and CON modifiers and multiply the total by 10 pounds. This represents the weight you may lift and items you may target with Terrakinesis. Multiply your INT and CON modifiers then multiply that product by 3-meters. This is how far the target can be. You can mold earth into rock and break up rock into dirt. As long as you are conscious, you and your non-Pokemon allies within 10 meters do not take damage from Sandstorm.
    Earth Mind|Static|Rock, Ground, or Grass Type Pokemon|You can understand the thoughts of Pokemon related to the elements you command.
    Earth Tongue|Static|Rock, Ground, or Grass Type Pokemon with an Intelligence Capability of at least 3.|You can communicate telepathically with Pokemon related to the elements you command.
    Chain Weapons Proficiency|Static|Self|The Trainer can use Whips, Bolas, Nunchaku, Chain Whips, Meteor Hammers, Kunai and Chain, Flails or any other Weapon that would fit into the Chain Weapons category. Chain Weapons have a Melee range. These weapons deal 1d10+15+CON modifier.
    Fist Weapons User|Static|Self|The Trainer can use Gauntlets, Brass Knuckles, Cestus, Tessen, Cat Claws, Fan, Katar, Chakrams, Tonfa and any other Weapon that would fit into the Fist Weapons category. Fist Weapons have a Melee range. These weapons deal 1d8+4+STR modifier.[/table]

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Valiant
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Valiant
    Level: 19
    Total XP: 6,880
    Species: Larvitar
    Type: Rock/Ground
    Nature: Brave (+2 Attack, -2 Speed) Egg Group: Monster Height: 2’0” (Small) Weight: 158.7 lbs. (4) Diet Terravore STAB: 3

Stats:
    {table=head]Stat|Base|Added|Total
    HP|5|3|8
    Attack|8|5|13
    Defense|5|5|10
    Special Attack|5|0|5
    Special Defense|5|5|10
    Speed|2|0|2[/table]

Max Health: 43 Current HP: 43 Current Status Effects: None

Evasion Bonus: Attack 2, Special Attack 2

Abilities:
    {table=head]Ability|Cast|Effect
    Mountain Peak|Last Chance|Rock[/table]

Capabilities:
    {table=head]Capability|Value
    Overland:|4
    Jump:|1
    Power:|2
    Intelligence:|3
    Sinker:|The Pokemon cannot swim, or move in water. For every round of an encounter the Pokemon is in water that is deep enough for them to stand submerged in, or is submerged in they lose 25% of their max HP. If the Pokemon is lowered to -100% HP, make a Deaths savings roll as usual. If a Pokemon gains a Surface or Underwater capability, they lose their Sinker Capability.[/table]

Moves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natural (Level/Egg)
    Bite
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Dark
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|1d10+5
    Special Properties|Bite Flinches the target on 15-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]

Sandstorm
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Rock
    Frequency|Battle - None
    Range|Field - No Damage
    Effect|Target Area, Weather
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|For 2 minutes (12 rounds), the area is considered Sandstorming. At the beginning of each round, all non-Ground, Rock, or Steel Type Pokemon lose 1/16th of their full HP. Rock Type Pokemon are treated as if their Special Defense is raised 2 Combat Stages while Sandstorming.[/table]

Screech
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|EOT - 4
    Range|No Damage - Ranged
    Effect|No Target, Burst
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|Screech creates a 4-meter Burst. All Legal Targets have their Defense lowered 2 Combat Stages.[/table]

Rock Slide
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Rock
    Frequency|Battle - 4
    Range|Attack - Ranged (4)
    Effect|1 Target, Column
    Damage|2d12+21
    Special Properties|Rock Slide creates a Column 4-meters wide. Rock Slide Flinches all Legal Targets on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]

Leer
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|No Damage - Ranged (5)
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|None
    Special Properties|The target's Defense is lowered 1 Combat Stage.[/table]

Chip Away
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|EOT - 2
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|2d12+16
    Special Properties|Ignore any changes in the target’s Defense or Special Defense when calculating damage.
    [/table]

Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valiant was given to Peter by his father when he was a young boy. Peter gave him this name after he protected Peter from a swarm of Rattatta whose nest the boy had accidentally upset. He has been his constant companion throughout his travels. He is a heroic young Larvitar, and he often sacrifices himself for the good of others. He prefers to stay out of his pokeball, but does not dislike being inside of it when traveling long distances.

Bulwark
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Bulwark
    Level: 10
    Total XP: 1,000
    Species: Rhyhorn
    Type: Rock/Ground
    Nature: Jolly (+2 Speed, -2 Special Attack) Egg Group: Monster/Field
    Height: 3’3” (Medium) Weight: 253.5 lbs. (5) Diet Herbivore STAB: 2

Stats:
    HP|8|2|10
    Attack|9|2|11
    Defense|10|2|12
    Special Attack|1|0|1
    Special Defense|3|0|3
    Speed|5|3|8[/table]

Max Health: 40 Current HP: 40 Current Status Effects: None

Evasion Bonus: Attack 2, Special Attack 0

Abilities:
    Lightning Rod|Constant|If any other Pokemon within 25-meters uses a Ranged Electric Type Move, the Move is drawn to the Pokemon with Lightning Rod without fail, and it cannot miss. This negates Lock-On or Mind Reader. This Pokemon is immune to damage and effects from Electric Moves, and each time they are hit by an Electric Move, the Pokemon’s Special Attack is raised 1 Combat Stage.[/table]

Capabilities:
    Overland:|8
    Jump:|2
    Power:|4
    Sinker:|Sinker means that the Pokemon cannot swim, or move in water. For every round of an encounter the Pokemon is in water that is deep enough for them to stand submerged in, or is submerged in they lose 25% of their max HP. If the Pokemon is lowered to -100% HP, make a Deaths savings roll as usual. If a Pokemon gains a Surface or Underwater capability, they lose their Sinker Capability.
    Tracker:|Pokemon with the Capability Tracker have a strong sense of smell that they can use to follow other Pokemon or people. If the Pokemon has smelt whom they want to track in the past day, or one of their personal belongings, they can pursue that prey with a check of 11 or better on d20. To pick up a random scent from nothing, a check of 16 or better on d20 will allow the Pokemon to follow that scent. To pick up a specific scent from nothing, a check of 20 on d20 will allow the Pokemon to follow that scent. A Pokemon may only make these checks once per hour. If a Pokemon learns the Move Odor Sleuth and does not have the Tracker Capability, they gain Tracker.[/table]

Moves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natural (Level/Egg)

Stomp
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|EOT - 2
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target, Dash
    Damage|1d10+10
    Special Properties|Stomp Flinches the target on 15-20 during Accuracy Check. If the target is Small, Stomp deals an additional 1d10.[/table]

Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In his travels, Peter came to a mountain tribe who were known for training Rhyhorn to carry travelers through the treacherous curves and roads of their mountain. Peter could not afford the service, so he instead became apprenticed to the village Rider for a time. He was given this young Rhyhorn to train, and when he had completed his training, he was allowed to keep the pokemon. He named him Bulwark after he shrugged off several Electro Balls from a gang of Emolgas on the mountaintop.

Eihwaz
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Eihwaz
    Level: 1
    Total XP: 0
    Species: Bonsly
    Type: Rock
    Nature: Impish (+2 Defense, -2 Special Attack) Egg Group: Mineral
    Height: 1’8” (Small) Weight: 33.1 lbs. (2) Diet Phototroph STAB: 0

Stats:
    HP|5|0|5
    Attack|8|0|8
    Defense|12|0|12
    Special Attack|1|0|1
    Special Defense|5|0|5
    Speed|1|0|1[/table]

Max Health: 16 Current HP: 16 Current Status Effects: None

Evasion Bonus: Attack 2, Special Attack 1

Abilities:
    Sturdy|Constant|The pokemon is immune to the Moves Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Horn Drill and Fissure. If any attack would lower this Pokemon to 0 HP or less from full HP, instead the Pokemon’s HP is set to 1.[/table]

Capabilities:
    Power:|1
    Sinker:|Sinker means that the Pokemon cannot swim, or move in water. For every round of an encounter the Pokemon is in water that is deep enough for them to stand submerged in, or is submerged in they lose 25% of their max HP. If the Pokemon is lowered to -100% HP, make a Deaths savings roll as usual. If a Pokemon gains a Surface or Underwater capability, they lose their Sinker Capability.
    [/table]

Moves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natural (Level/Egg)

Copycat
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|Center - None
    Range|No Damage - Ranged
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|Use the Move the target has used on their last turn. You may choose new targets for the Move. Copycat cannot miss.[/table]

Fake Tears
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Dark
    Frequency|EOT - 2
    Range|No Damage - Ranged (10)
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|Lower the target’s Special Defense 2 Combat Stages.[/table]

Curse
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|EOT - None
    Range|No Damage - Self
    Effect|No Target
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|The user’s Speed is lowered 1 Combat Stage. The user’s Attack is raised 1 Combat Stage and the user’s Defense is raised 1 Combat Stage.[/table]

Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Peter was traveling through the Ilex forest in the Johto region, and had stopped to observe the shrine. An elderly couple were kneeled there, and appeared to be praying. When he approached them, they got up and took an object out of the shrine. They placed it in his hands, saying, "There is a curse on this egg, and we cannot hatch it. Please, take this evil away from our village, lest it spread to our other eggs." The egg was hard and rocky, and had a strange symbol carved on the outside of it. Peter agreed to take the egg, and he left the forest. He, too, had trouble hatching it - he couldn't even feel anything moving inside it. After several weeks of travel and with no response from the egg, he buried it in a sunny spot in a field, figuring that the infant pokemon had not survived. The ordeal taxed him physically and emotionally, so he laid down to sleep next to the burial ground. When he awoke in the morning, he was amazed to see that three red-orange-colored leaves had sprouted from cracks in the top of the egg. He exhumed the egg and kept it in a clay pot, treating it like a seedling. When he tried to water it, the leaves moved away from the trickling water. He decided not to water it, but gave it lots of sun, like how a cactus is raised. After a week's time, the hard shell of the egg fully cracked, revealing a baby Bonsly. The middle of its forehead bore the same symbol that was on its egg. He researched the glyph, and learned that it was an ancient rune that symbolized protection. He named the baby after the rune's modern translation. Eihwaz is mischievous, but not cruel, and knows how to take a joke.

Brain
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Brain
    Species: Roggenrola
    Type: Rock
    Nature: Modest (+2 Special Attack, -2 Attack) Egg Group: Mineral Height: 1’4” (Small) Weight: 39.7 lbs. (2) Diet Terravore STAB: 2

Stats:
    HP|6|2|8
    Attack|6|2|8
    Defense|9|1|10
    Special Attack|5|2|7
    Special Defense|3|2|5
    Speed|2|0|2[/table]

Max Health: 34 Current HP: 34 Current Status Effects: None

Evasion Bonus: 2 Attack, 1 Special Attack

Abilities:
    Sand Rush|Daily|When the user enters a Sandstorm, it may activate Sand Rush until the end of an encounter. While active, Sand Rush makes the user immune to damage from Sandstorms and its Speed Stat is doubled. Do not add extra evasion to the user when doubling the Speed Stat.[/table]

Capabilities:
    Overland:|1
    Jump:|1
    Power:|3
    Intelligence:|4
    Sinker:|Sinker means that the Pokemon cannot swim, or move in water. For every round of an encounter the Pokemon is in water that is deep enough for them to stand submerged in, or is submerged in they lose 25% of their max HP. If the Pokemon is lowered to -100% HP, make a Deaths savings roll as usual. If a Pokemon gains a Surface or Underwater capability, they lose their Sinker Capability.[/table]

Moves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natural (Level/Egg)

Tackle
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|At-Will - 3
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target, Dash
    Damage|2d6
    Special Properties|-[/table]

Harden
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|At-Will - None
    Range|No Damage - Self
    Effect|No Target
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|Raise the user’s Defense 1 Combat Stage.[/table]

Sand Attack
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Ground
    Frequency|EOT - 2
    Range|No Damage - Ranged (2)
    Effect|1 Target, Column
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|Sand-Attack creates a Column 1 meter wide. All Legal Targets must roll +1 during Accuracy Checks for the remainder of the encounter.[/table]

Headbutt
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Normal
    Frequency|EOT - 2
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target, Dash
    Damage|1d12+16
    Special Properties|Headbutt Flinches the target on 15-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]

Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Peter had traveled to Nacrene Museum to revive a fossil his brother had given him. While there, Team Plasma assaulted the place, attempting to steal some rare, and expensive, artifacts. Peter helped them repel the invaders, and was rewarded with a Roggenrola that one of the researchers had found at a dig site. It is very smart for one of its species, so Peter named her Brain. However, she is very modest, and blushes when she is complimented on her smarts.

Chelonii
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Chelonii
    Species: Tirtouga
    Type: Water/Rock
    Nature: Sassy (+2 Special Defense, -2 Speed) Egg Group: Water 1/Water 3 Height: 2’4” (Small) Weight: 36.4 lbs. (2) Diet Herbivore STAB: 2

Stats:
    HP|6|1|7
    Attack|8|1|9
    Defense|10|1|11
    Special Attack|5|1|6
    Special Defense|7|1|8
    Speed|1|4|5[/table]

Max Health: 31 Current HP: 31 Current Status Effects: None

Evasion: 3 Attack, 1 Special Attack

Abilities:
    Solid Rock|Cast - Hourly|Super Effective Moves that target the pokemon are only regularly effective and Super Super Effective Moves that target the pokemon are only Super Effective for 5 rounds.[/table]

Capabilities:
    Surface:|8
    Underwater:|8
    Power:|2
    Intelligence:|4
    Fountain:|A Pokemon who has the Fountain Capability can produce freshwater. They can control how lightly or powerfully they produce the water, sprinkling water or forcefully shooting water with the strength of a fire hose. If a Pokemon learns the Move Water Gun, Water Pulse, Hydro Pump or Water Sport and does not have the Fountain Capability, they gain Fountain.[/table]

Moves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Natural (Level/Egg)

Water Gun
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Water
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|Special Attack - Ranged (10)
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|2d6
    Special Properties|-[/table]

Withdraw
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Water
    Frequency|At-Will - None
    Range|No Damage - Self
    Effect|No Target
    Damage|-
    Special Properties|Raise the user’s Defense 1 Combat Stage.[/table]

Rollout
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Rock
    Frequency|EOT - 4
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target, Pass
    Damage|1d8
    Special Properties|The user must use Rollout until it misses, or fails to be able to shift enough to hit a target for their next 4 turns. On the second turn, Rollout uses 1d8+4 for its Damage Dice Roll. On the third turn, Rollout uses 2d8+8. On the fourth turn, Rollout uses 3d10+10. On the fifth and final turn, Rollout uses 5d10+15.[/table]

Bite
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Dark
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|Attack - Melee
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|1d10+5
    Special Properties|Bite Flinches the target on 15-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]

Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Peter was still young and resentful of his older brother, he received a package at a Poke Mart. Inside was a letter and a heavy rock. The letter was from Steven. "Dear brother, I have not seen or heard from you for a long time. We all miss you and want to hear from you. I was excavating an underwater temple in the middle of the ocean when I found this fossil. I want you to have it. Father tells me you are in the Unova region - you should visit the Nacrene Museum and show them this fossil. I am sure they will be interested. Sincerely, Steven." Reading the letter caused a flood of emotion in Peter, and would later lead to him reconciling with his family. He visited the Nacrene Museum, and they agreed to reanimate the fossil for him. A linguistics researcher at the museum suggested the name Chelonii - she said it means "Waves" in the old tongue of Unova. Chelonii can be stubborn at times, but she is also self-assured and supportive of her friends. If Eihwaz plays a practical joke on her, she will retaliate by watering him.

Stored Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

Pokemon Seen
    Spoiler
    Show
    -

Pokemon Caught
    Spoiler
    Show
    5: Larvitar, Rhyhorn, Bonsly, Roggenrola, Tirtouga

Wishlist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Geodude
    Onix
    Lunatone
    Solrock
    Dwebble
    Aron
    Aerodactyl
    Cranidos
    Magcargo
    Regirock (!)

I'm still on a boat!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Looks right to me. Peter Stone 2.0 approved!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

I just realized how stupid it was for speed to be improved by Ambrule's nature only to make it a dump stat.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Go ahead and fix it, just let me know what you changed so I can give it a quick look.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara 2.0 now with transformation powers:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...39&postcount=6

On a side note I need a Dawn stone...

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

That'll be on your own initiative. Also, Arcran reminded me of something important for our psychics and elemental inclined trainers: Rei ruled that people with a psychic attunement to an element can use their kinetic powers to make a weapon out of their primal element. This means Zach can toss bolts of fire like daggers from his hands, Pete can make a chain of rocks or a sand whip, and Arcran's character will whip things with water.

Forgot if I said this, but Kara 2.0 is good to go. If people don't want me to have the holiday pokemon pop up for them in a way of my choosing, put them in your sheet and note where they came from.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-02 at 05:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Go ahead and fix it, just let me know what you changed so I can give it a quick look.
    I made her Quiet. Still allows for a similar personality as Timid did, unlike Modest.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, lots of magic users. I think I'll change my build. MA/Weapons Master/ Hunter (Wild Child AC). If this is O.K., how many levels of Pokemon have I killed, for the purpose of crafted gear.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also, Arcran reminded me of something important for our psychics and elemental inclined trainers: Rei ruled that people with a psychic attunement to an element can use their kinetic powers to make a weapon out of their primal element. This means Zach can toss bolts of fire like daggers from his hands, Pete can make a chain of rocks or a sand whip, and Arcran's character will whip things with water.
    The Type Ace "Soulbound" feat is the RAW equivalent:

Soulbound: Type Ace Feature
    Prerequisites: Type Ace, an Arms Feature, Type Soul, 18 CON
    Daily – Every 2 levels gained, you may perform this Feature another time per day.
    Effect: Your attacks can deal damage based on the Type you feel bound to. Apply weakness, resistance and immunities. Once you have Soulbound, you may not take any Modifier Arms Features. If you already had a Modifier Arms Feature, you may still use them if your means of making those weapons deal special damage are still available.

That's why I took it. :P
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-02 at 07:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Need a link to Hunter, but keep in mind your concept may not go so well with the others. Same for an actual assassin.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

I know that. I actually plan for him to be locked in the brig, being shipped to Kanto to pay for his crimes. Figured me 'n Major can have some solid interaction. One a Pokehugger, one a merciless Hunter. Fun stuff!

Also, link.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

...Why would they ship him on a Cruise Ship? Going to say no to that background due to lack of logic (even for pokemon), going to read hunter.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

...Why would they ship him on a Cruise Ship? Going to say no to that background due to lack of logic (even for pokemon), going to read hunter.
    Oh, Cruise Ship? I'll just have him living large off his ill-gotten funds.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Okay, we need to work some details out before we even get to homebrew on this guy. You're obviously aiming for evil, which can be interesting. However...what is this guy? A Rocket? Part of a poke mob? Big game hunter? This one needs a pitch to get anywhere.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

I was planning a big game hunter. Goes into the wilds and kills Pokemon, trying to stay under the radar of the Rangers. His fence works for Rocket, although Brand (my guy) isn't technically affiliated with them. But why, other than the money, does he kill Pokemon you may ask. Because he loathes them. He lived in the wilds just him, his Growlithe, and his wife. He had a good life and he was making a decent living as a woodcutter. One day he heard a cry from his house, and rushed back only to find his wife dead and Pokemon tracks all over.
    For the next three years he lived in the wilds, almost feral, living off Pokemon. Eventually he found out he could make money off this, and so the profit began. But the biggest thing is that he enjoys killing the beasts that shattered his life.
    Still in rough draft, but gives you an idea.
    As for Pokemon, level 25 Growlithe and level 25 Staravia that was his wifes.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Wow, lots of magic users. I think I'll change my build. MA/Weapons Master/ Hunter (Wild Child AC). If this is O.K., how many levels of Pokemon have I killed, for the purpose of crafted gear.
    Kara: *glares* I'll kill you.

Edit: how much is a Dawn stone btw?
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-02 at 08:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Kara: *glares* I'll kill you.

Edit: how much is a Dawn stone btw?
    Good luck.

Also, along those lines, I'll need a Fire Stone.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Good luck.

Also, along those lines, I'll need a Fire Stone.
    We'll just all go on a stone shopping spree at this rate. If the egg I have is a male Ralts, I might end up needing a dawn and dusk stone (for Ambrule).

EDIT: Don't Togetic evolve with a light stone, not a dawn stone?
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-02 at 08:55 PM.

Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

GM of Legends

Old PCs
    Spoiler