New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

We won't. If it makes you feel better, Era can communicate what the others are thinking to you so that there is not even a risk of being overheard. Of course, if you are leading us into a trap... An image flashes into the man's mind. Slammed into a wall, pinned, red hot metal cutting him in non-lethal areas first, Ambrule sitting by him, feeding on his energy. But you'll be good and helpful, so that won't be a problem. He turns his thoughts to the group as a whole. Guys, would you mind speaking through Era to the man? Prevents people from overhearing. Should keep him calmer.
    Wonderful, I have been reduced to a glorified radio.
    No, just using your abilities in a non-combative way. He motions for the man to lead the way.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

He turns to other pyschic with a grin and merely nods his head still with a grin on his face.

How does he look? He asks the medic attending to the pokemon that were injured in the fight.

He then turns to Era and says using his psychic powers It's nice to meet you Era my name is John. Is your trainer always hostile to new people,or is it just me?

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

I only met him a few days ago, so I cannot say for certain. Most of his companions he had met before my birth. From what I have seen, he has not been encountering the best of people, especially in reference fellow Psychics. The last one he had met threatened to release his Pokémon if she did not think he treated us well, as though she had the final authority and not us. However, I do wonder if... no, that would be ridiculous. Far too unlikely without it being a genetic predisposition...

To be fair, you did act rather foolishly, attacking a man he had already made hostage and then trying to electrocute a Dugtrio. I cannot say that I would have been much more generous were I a trainer. I am more shocked by his aggression. His aura has been slightly darkened and discolored since... no, I already said it was ridiculous. Can't be.
    John feels strong emotions from the Gardevoir, worried about the health of her trainer, though she hides the reason why. She continues, in a more serious tone this time. Right now, we follow this man to see where he leads us. Be prepared in case he leads us to a trap. Era constantly watches the aura of the man (and continues to do so as he leads the group), watching for signs of malice.

Ah, everyone injured, please gather around me. After everyone does so (when Douglas is done with his medical actions, etc.) a pulse of energy bursts off of Era, rapidly speeding up the scabbing and scarring of any injuries.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Heal Pulse. Zachariah, Era and Ambrule are now at full health. Anyone else who clustered around Era heals 50% max HP.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-03 at 02:02 AM.

Show

4. - Top - End - #1174

HalflingRangerGuy

Feeling the strong emotions john realizes that the other psychic wasn't always like this, and this was something he would have to find more about later. Then hearing The Gardivor telling to move closer he does so.
    Humility has to come to all of us at some point in our lives. My time just happened to be then. You and your master are correct.... I should have looked before I fired. And regarding the human I attacked... you are correct as well.he says with some humility in his voice.

There's a slight pause as he again reflects on the error of his most recent choices.

Well it is good to know that there's hope for me yet. he says in a happier tone. He then switches to a more concerned and serious tone and says. I know it is none of my business, and that I literally came out of nowhere, but you can trust me. The last thing I'm going to say is this... Nothing is impossible. I'm living proof.
    John has to fight the memories as they began to resurface. All of the beatings he took for being different. All of the name calling from the other students. Always being picked last in capture the flag. Finally being constantly treated like he didn't even exist.

As he finally pushes the memories back to their cell deep within his mind, he realizes that there was a tear rolling down his face. He quickly wipes it away. He then says slowly and calmly trying to regain his composure and emotions and says
    I'm going to let you do your duty now. Thanks for the chat, I feel a lot better better. Thank you. and with that he officially cuts the link the link between them. Ending the conversation.

Then to himself he thinks. I can't let my emotions get the best of me, regardless of what is said or done. You can prove them wrong... prove them all wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    John's health 150/150
    Houndoom's health ?/58 (I'll figure it out when Houndoom is revived be the medic)
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-06-03 at 01:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tearu watched the to physics go at it and made a mental note not to take sides on that front. All of his pokemon being at full health the heal pulse only restored his own health as he moved in to speak with the gardevoir. "Hello Madam I assume your master wishes to know my intentions toward the men who just attacked us correct. I have no intention to harm them anymore since they have surrendered but should they attack us again I shall not hesitate."with that he turns to Fenikkusu "Sonogo, watashi no chikaku ni hokan sa reru made wareware ga soto ni deta toki ni sora kara miru" finally he turns to Douglas "My pokemon are fine and the heal pulse given of by Zachariah's pokemon has seen to my wounds thank you for the offer though."

ooc: I know I kind of screwed myself with my low level pokemon but I was wondering if you would allow them to go to the gym and train, please and thank you.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-04 at 02:03 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

"He's in good shape." Douglas responded with a smile. Heh, it wasn't that long ago that he'd been reminded of a different houndoom.

Grr.

"Just unconscious." It was always a touch unusual with dark pokemon - they tended to internalize things at an alarming rate. Still, a pinch of smelling salts and a bit more effort and the houndoom was awake, albeit groggy for the moment. Which was when the heal pulse washed over the party.

"Huh!"

Douglas nodded. "Huh. Wow, that's convienient, thank you." He stated to Era - definitely made things easier. And at a glancearound, that did the trick.

...which was when he properly contemplated Zach's statement. That... took him a couple moments to figure out - did he mean 'think really hard'? Did that even make /sense/?

<Like... this?>

All this psychic stuff hurt his head. Er, not literally.

Either way, he followed the man's lead. Zon and Truse kept up afterwards - Truse was relatively silent, while Zon had resumed bouncing around a bit, thinking thoughts akin to, <Wow, so you can talk like this? Can you teach me how? Wait - that would absolutely wreck hide'n seek. Hmm.>
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, like that, Douglas. The thoughts are perfectly understandable. Though you needn't focus on them to that degree. Just have what you wish to communicate be the foremost thing in your mind. Don't worry about how it works: For a non-Psychic, it is quite difficult to take in the amount of intricacies we are capable of. Researchers are still studying it, even.

She rolls her eyes at the Machoke. Unless you had an Ace similar in caliber to the one who made Katergaris Dark, no, I may not teach you. And it simply tells presence, not direction. Hide and Seek would not be fully ruined. She severs the connection with the Fighting types. The less mental strain the better.

(Any messages directed at the man will be automatically relayed without me posting that they have been)

Show

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Major: At last, all of your pokemon have completed the course, and make their way back up to the surface. Tony's still waiting for you, playing fetch with his hounds and a bouncy ball. He waves.
    "Sent my cousin a text a while ago. See when he responds to it."

Group: The goon nods and leads you out. As you go, Zach gets a text.
    -Hey, how's it going? Mr. G sent word down the grapevine to me that things are going to go down. Picked up a mystic like me, except w/o music. Not happening yet, but will need back up. Arrange a meeting?
    -Tony.

Zach, you know that Mr. G refers to Giratina, the Reaping Shadow.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

-With him, is probably bad. Will take note. Meet at Center?- He turns to the group as they continue. "We will meet up with a member of my family on the way. It seems that he is worried of something. Knowing his connections, it is important." John is able to read what the message is as Zachariah read it to himself, though he recieves a thought telling him to remain silent on its contents.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-05 at 05:06 PM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Sounds good" She says walking out with her pokemon. "So, how much does this cousin know about things? You told him about Avatars?"

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Both of us got raised on this stuff, though Chosen will probably get you more recognition. He's a psychic, though, so he'll be able to keep up."
    A small ring comes from his pocket and he looks.
    "Meeting at the Center. Okay then, things are moving right along."
    Aeon and Tony head towards the Center nearby.

Meanwhile, the crew gets there a while later, the kid having run off to hide after things looked like they were going to get crazier. The man looks around pensively constantly, feelings of paranoia and fear emanating from him. Zach and Doug can spot Tony near a girl with strange hair. (You guys can talk as you walk still)

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah calls out to Tony, rushing up to his cousin. "Tiens, mec! How has it been? What is your friend's name? I assume she is the-" he then notices the thoughts coming off of both of them, "Ah, ouais, c'est elle." He puts his hand out to greet the new Mystic. "Bonjour, mademoiselle. Me m'appelle Zachariah Frerin." His greeting gets sent as a thought too, more easily understandable. Good day, miss. My name is Zachariah Frerin. "Sorry, I sometimes forget I am not in Unova."

He motions the Machoke carrying the men to the Center and asks Era to explain the situation to the nurses, as well as to ask for a restoring of her Heal Pulse.

As the mons disappear, his voice becomes less jovial. "So, what did the Shadow have to say? I assume it has to do with your new friend her, oui?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #1183

HalflingRangerGuy

Seeing that his Houndoom is now back on his feet, and he wants to stay out if his pokeball for a bit. He is walking with the party as they are walking to the pokemon center to meet Zach's cousin. Which apparently should stay on the down low according to the other psychic who told him so via telepathy.
    John sent back I understand.

He makes a mental note to learn parts of the French language so everything the psychic says doesn't hurt his brain as much.

As he reaches the two members they were going to meet he tells his houndoom that they are friends. He stops a few few away from them and says trying to be discrete and polite.The name is John. It's nice to meet you sir.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

((Aeon's picture for those that forgot))

The red-headed Aeon glances unamused as everyone enters. She doesn't speak and just looks over the group calmly. The strange design of her hair would stick out she knew, but this man had a job and she'd listen for now since he seemed to work for the legends like her.

She frowned at the voice in her mind and glared at the man before replying to his greeting, "Aeon Venus, Hand of the Eons."

OOC: Random question do trainers get healed at centers also?
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-06 at 06:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah pulls his hand back, somewhat surprised at the hostility. His hand twitches towards the small necklace of teeth, but he forces it back down. Control yourself, Zachariah. You're acting too impulsive. Please do not glare at me, mademoiselle. I have done nothing to create hostility.

(OOC Response: Most of the time they do. A lot of DM's have them as hospitals for humans and mons)

Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Yeah, and free health care for all!)
    "Hi Zach, Doug,...three new guys! Why's one look so nervous?"
    Tony shakes John's hand enthusiastically, missing the glare. Meanwhile, his own hounds greet the new one.
    "Hi! Tony Melbourne. Did Doug ask you to help breed Flare? Because honestly, I think your houndoom'll have competition for that."
    The nurses take the wounded gangsters, finding a spot for them while cops arrive. Meanwhile, Tony addresses the houndoom directly, petting his head.
    "Yeah, are you here to help spread the joy of puppies, buddy?"
    (Feel free to have mon address him, he has zoopathy.)

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Aeon looks Zachariah directly in the eyes, "Do you have a mouth? Use it." She says coldly. "Unless you are have no problems with me entering and invading your mind, do not do so to mine. And I have some nice abilities when I choose to enter a mind."

Spoiler
    Show

Espirit are you using a google doc or did I miss something in the ooc? It said no permission to view character sheet.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-06 at 09:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah's eyes flicker. He clearly bites his tongue before speaking. "A mouth is for things that I wish to say openly. Telepathy is for discretion, or when I am verbally speaking to others and do not wish to interrupt other conversations that I am having, such as the one I was going to have with my cousin, though clearly you think an introduction, and a rather rude one on your part, is far more important than whatever Giratina had to say to him. I've already been in a fight today and would rather avoid another one.

As well, I have no problems with people speaking to me through my mind, or even taking a cursory glance at my thoughts. If I had something to hide, I would."
    At the mention of her abilities, he took a glance at what came to her mind anyways, seeing as they would naturally be foremost in her mind. "Abilities for digging through my mind? You bluff, surely. In addition to being a Mystic, as we all know, you are a rather adept Bodysnatcher by the looks of it. Funny that if your hair bothers you so much you did not practice creating a generic form lacking said oddity, as most would. Well, I doubt one as frail as yourself would benefit much from stealing any skills from myself. Maybe some of my basic first aid knowledge, but not much else, seeing as you lack one of these." He holds up his focus for hexing. "As well, you are strongly connected to the Eon twins, Latias specifically." His voice slightly shifts accent as he gets to the more critical parts of his small speech. "Nothing of effective mental harm, though possibly borrowing telepathy, which I have already expressed apathy towards."

"Now, would you rather I be discrete in the future, or will broadcasting my thoughts audibly to the world have to suffice?" His eyes flicker with fire this time. He looks annoyed, but not actually hostile.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-07 at 01:18 AM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Outside. We battle. Now." She said her hand reaching for the pokeball at her belt. She was not amused at the thought of this man not only constantly trying to chill in his mind like he belonged there, but then trying to enter her thoughts and grab whatever he wanted. "You wish to speak privately there are ways to do that. You wish to intrude my mind and butt in on things that aren't yours to know you go too far."

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah smirks. Oh, did I upset you? "Fine. Combien? One versus one, two versus two? More? But not before Tony explains the emergency. I think that that is more important than your hurt feelings."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, though you only said that about her backstory unless we wanted spoilers. My bad. Plus, it seemed like something that would be permitted via Telepathy given her current actions. Again, my bad.

EDIT: I saw nothing saying to please not look on the first page sheet. Was it forgotten?
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-07 at 01:19 AM.

Show

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony just caught on to what was happening, and has begun shaking his head sadly.
    "Aw, and now we're fighting. Great. Before all of that, who're these guys, and why did the two of you you feel it okay to spill confidential information in front of them? Why didn't we do a telepathic conference or something?"
    He points to John, Tearu, and goon number 4, who still is looking around nervously and not paying attention.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

Because somehow she seems to hate telepathy. Otherwise I would have. Apologies. I did not think about keeping things hidden from our current party.

The people being taken into the hospital are people who jumped us who are going to be treated and taken to the police. The other Psychic and the Ace were...
    He explains what happened, from being pickpocketed to his response to the girl.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-07 at 09:18 AM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Nothing classified was given until a certain idiot felt the need to run his mouth by spilling any mental details he could to show off how much of a prick he was." Aeon snapped.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

"Only because a certain salope decided that telepathy was somehow intrusive and responded with hostility to a simple greeting and an attempt to apologize for speaking in the wrong language."

Era walks out of the Center at this time, giving warning glance at the girl. Miss, I am not certain what my trainer did to anger you, but I assure you that any sort of fight will end poorly for you. I advise you both just apologize so that we can move on. Zachariah gives the Gardevoir a look that suggests reluctance, but after a bit of silent conversation he gives.

"I am- sorry that I read your thoughts aloud. It was hasty and served no beneficial purpose other than to attempt to show superiority to you." He says the response through gritted teeth.

Show

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tearu is leaning against the wall of the pokemon center as he listens to the entire exchange between Aeon and Zachariah. Hearing things such as giritina amd the eon twins he realizes that this is a lot bigger than some little street gang/terrorist group. Normally that would mean he would want in, but Zachariah's twin outbursts proved to him that these were not people who he wanted to be traveling with and that now was the time to just walk away while the physics were distracted. The only person who could be paying him any attention right then was John who couldn't catch him unless he sent zon after him, which at that point all bets were off. With that knowledge in the forfront of his mind Tearu signaled fenikkusu to follow turned and began walking away.
    PTA Character Sheets

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Aeon looks at the pokemon as it speaks, If I had a pokedollar for everytime I heard that...

However she stops as she listens to the man. She pauses crossing her arms debating whether to keep the challenge or not. "You do realize that some people prefer to not have their minds read and secrets thrown around?" She asked, "As Tony said there is confidential information in regards to my job, I'll drop this challenge and move on if you are capable of at least understanding and realizing why someone might possibly be upset by you just popping around in their mind uninvited."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-07 at 04:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Hold on, Ace. They're just getting things resolved. As well, you've heard a bit much to just let you walk now. Please stay until Mr. Melbourne lets you go. Tearu feels two separate forces, the first nearly knocking him to the ground, the second adding just enough extra force to lightly lift him and bring him back to the group. It won't take long. Zachariah gives an interested look to the Skarmory before returning his gaze back to Aeon.

"Thus my apology, but you as well should know that simply sending a message to you does not let me to go through the contents of your mind. My personal rules around that would require some sort of provocation, like, oh, hostility towards a simple hello!"

I was simply stating a fact. His team is more trained and has a strong advantage over yours, and if you yourself fought him... I only meant to lower the levels of animosity between you two. I did not intend to take sides even in your dispute. He begrudgingly apologized. Do the same.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-07 at 05:05 PM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I've had a fair amount of training recently and am not worried. She replied to the pokemon, And I have nothing to apologize for. I doubt he would apologize to a burglar who broke into his house even if it was just to look around.

"Well then, know you know I prefer people out of my mind regardless of saying hello or not. You wish to say something, speak it."
    She says arms crossed, "I don't know you and I don't know your policies or mind intrusion, all I know is you decided to hope around in there, so please refrain for future use unless it is an emergency and I will refrain from copying your body and powers to make your life hell."

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

This time Era gets frustrated. Miss, right now I don't care who is right. Go through the Muking motions like Zachariah did and we can move on. And that aside, that's not what we want. Using your analogy, he was someone welcoming you to a neighborhood via a message and you're getting mad about the him not doing so in the street. That's what I'm wanting you to apologize for. Please do so. Era stares right into the girl's eyes.

Zachariah laughs now that the girl clearly would not listen to calm reason. "You're Judged lucky you're important to my cousin for some reason. I look forward to that fight." He lets out Bullet in preparation for the upcoming battle as he waits for Tony to continue. I'll even let you see who you're fighting. Ambrule, Bullet and Era if you decide for three. "Era, forget reasoning with her; she's too pigheaded and proud to ever admit fault of herself."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-07 at 05:34 PM.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I don't admit flaws when someone abuses their powers and can't act like a normal person and just ask. I apologize not for my actions or words, but only if I was too soon to judge. When someone intrudes in even the most basic of ways it leads to the worst of ways as you proved yourself." She says annoyed. The man was just as bad as Team Rocket had been, jumping in her mind and doing whatever he wanted because he was 'special' and 'it was convenient'. "And I add a lot more than you do, I'm not even sure why he wanted your assistance, the Avatars exist for the very reason of not needing *******s like you." She said with a glare as she drew her first pokeball and gripped it tightly debating if she should show her true powers now or save it. A month was a long time, but the mortal needed to be put in his place and what better then to show the power of the gods.

She hesitated for a moment though trying to decide if it would be too much to summon her mentor for a lowly battle like this.