New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"That's fairly cheap and would help with some of my newer allies." Aeon said with a nod. Her tone was very matter-of-fact and indicated she was doing it not to have fun, but because it would be useful for business.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Major: Your new ally goes in before finding a place to sit. Being closer to night, a new person is sitting at the desk, a young man to be precise. He still acts with the same cordiality as Janet.
    "Greetings, how may I help you?"

Group:
    {table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T
    1|||||G|||||||||||||||||
    2|||||Te|G|||||Cr|||||||||||
    3|||Cr|Ve|||Cr|||||||||Cr||||||
    4||||||||||||||Ho|G||||||Era|
    5||||||||||Jo|||U|Amb||Cr|Za|||||
    6|||||||Gr||||Tr|||||||||||
    7|||Cr|||||||||||||||||||
    8||||||||||||||||||||||
    9||||||||||||||||||||||
    10|w|w|w|w||||||||||||Do|w|w|w|w|[/table]
    Thing with a line through it-down.

The goon nearest the urchin yells as he's ganged up on by Flare and Era. Meanwhile, the graveler moves towards Truse, firing off large rocks at him as Vesper sprays it with water. It's hurt badly, but still up.
    (Rock blast)
    (1d20)[1]-7+Def (rough terrain); can hit up to 5 times, stops after the first miss
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[11]
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-30 at 09:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

"Leave this one!" Zachariah runs to the nearly downed man and stares into his eyes (Move to O5). If you know what is good for you, you will stay still and call off your friends before they are roasted alive. Not that you have a choice on the former. As he finishes his threat, a small flick of light flashes in his eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glare
    AC: (1d20)[17] 2 (In melee range, nothing in the way)
    126/156
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-30 at 09:15 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"My ally here told me about a training program you have." Aeon said. "I have a few pokemon that could use the assistance in boosting their potential and power."

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas again kept himself put. It was up in the air if a better tactic was to have Truse advance on the graveler, or step back by the urchin. Thus, he left it up to the machoke.

His eyes instead were on the downed opponents. He knew what he needed to do was remain put until the fight itself was about over, just in case. In reality, however, he knew that if he saw what could be a fatal blow, he would break his silence and rush forward nonetheless, and summarily he watched everyone who went down keenly in case it was more than unconsciousness.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tearu ducks under a attack by one of the goons only to have the fist of the goon he punched fly toward his gut. He tries to spin out of the way but still takes a glancing blow. using his momentum from during the spin he sees that the walking rock his pokemon had been trying to take out was weak but still standing. "Sore o oeru Vesper" he yells before he launches an attack at the goon who's attack he just dodged.

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: finish it off vesper
    by my calculation Tearu takes 1 damage from the punch (I can take a hit and Padding reduce the damage.) correct me if I'm wrong
    Ac for attack: (1d20)[4] 5 to hit again someone remind me to take improved fist weapons after this.
    Damage: (1d8+7)[15]
    Crit damage (1d8+4)[6]
    PTA Character Sheets

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Suddenly having a brilliant idea john moves to k5. He again uses telekinesis to pick up a crate (G3) but instead of going for a goon this time, he throws it at the gravelar (on G6). After throwing it as hard as he can at the gravelar he says with assurance. If you goons surrender now we promise not to hurt you... to badly.

Spoiler
    Show
    I love having all of these things to throw when I'm at a severe type disadvantage.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Major:"Alright then. What members of your team should I put down for the course?"

Group:
    {table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T
    1|||||G|||||||||||||||||
    2|||||Te|G|||||Cr|||||||||||
    3|||Cr|Ve|||Cr|||||||||Cr||||||
    4||||||||||||||Ho|G||||||Era|
    5|||||Jo||||||||U|Amb|Za|Cr||||||
    6|||||||Gr||||Tr|||||||||||
    7|||Cr|||||||||||||||||||
    8||||||||||||||||||||||
    9||||||||||||||||||||||
    10|w|w|w|w||||||||||||Do|w|w|w|w|[/table]
    Thing with a line through it-down.

The goon Zach stares at flinches, but still tries to move despite his muscles not wanting to cooperate (1d20)[1]. Douglas...well, since he kept to himself, no one noticed him yet. Tearu tries to punch the one that socked him in the gut, but misses as the other man's reflexes are just better. John tosses a crate, which just shatters against the graveler's durable hide, and utters a threat.
    "Steelix Tails never surrender! And not just because Boss'd grind out legs off!"
    Each tries to punch the nearest person to them.
    (1d20)[12]-vs Zach (if able)
    (1d20)[7]-vs Tearu
    (1d20)[8]-vs Tearu
    (1d8+7)[15]
    (1d8+7)[13]
    (1d8+7)[15]

Team mon turn!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-09 at 09:09 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You keep forgetting Era at T4

The man's hand twists hideously, and Zachariah ignores him with the exception of flicking out his knife. "Hey, die by us or die by him! Your choice! Ambrule, stratège W-H, Gravelanche!" Ambrule obeys the command and floats away from the boy, unhindered by the rocky terrain. When she gets close to the Graveler, she fires off a small, bright, blue flame, which lazily flies at the rocky Pokémon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to I5, 2m up (high enough to avoid penalty of terrain, yes?)
    Will-o-Wisp
    AC: (1d20)[6] 4, burns on impact

Show

10. - Top - End - #1120

BlackDragon

Vesper looks back at her master as he takes multiple hard hits and decides to move to protect his other flank then following his orders she fires off another water gun at the ball of moving rock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vesper moves to d2
    Water gun
    AC: (1d20-2)[2] hits on a 2
    Damage: (2d6+20)[30]
    Crit Dam: (2d6)[8]
    The sudden jump in power is because I forgot to add in my Improved attacks plus the last two times. I'm not asking that the last to damages be recalculated my bad for not applying it the first time.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-05-06 at 09:34 PM. Reason: grammar/ spelling
    PTA Character Sheets

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hmm...I have a few. I recently obtained a Siglyph and my Espeon could also use some assistance." She states with a shrug, "I suppose based on time my Axew could grow stronger as well."

12. - Top - End - #1122

HalflingRangerGuy

Seeing the crate break on the Graverler's thick hide and it was still standing John utters a small curse. Then hearing the fact they didn't want to surrender and they would rather die than do so just sends him over the edge.Fine if you really want to die... Houndoom Bite his head off. John barks to the Houndoom.

The Houndoom releases the goon's arm and this time jumps at his head. trying to put the man's head inbetween his powerful jaws. As if he was trying to break the goons head in between his jaws like a nut cracker.

Spoiler
    Show
    Houndoom uses bite on the same goon(O4)
    Ac:2 (1d20)[5](5) the goon flinches on a 15-20
    Damage: (1d10+5)[5](10) + 16 (attack stat)

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

'Steelix tails'?

Regardless, Douglas wasn't liking the way people on both sides were talking. It was more and more common nowadays, and steadied his resolve. He shook his leg a painful bit, trying to get blood back into it - but everything seemed so far away.

Truse, somewhat ignorant of any such problems, chose to advance as there were several people near the urchin at the moment. It looked like a punch, but he shifted the feint into a low kick at the graveler.

Spoiler
    Show

Low kick graveler in G-6 (Or if he goes down before Truse acts, Truse'll instead just chill by the urchin in case of damage going that way)
    To-hit: (1d20)[5]
    Damage: (1d10+36)[37] (Then more as it's super-effective)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Between the combined forces of the group, the last graveler falls, as does the paralyzed Steelix Tail. There's only one left.

(do with as you will, intimidation requires rolls off charisma, not bothering with the map this time, your turn.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-09 at 09:12 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

"So will you go quietly or do I have to roast you too? I'd honestly prefer the option where you comply, but..." A flame appears in his hand as he walks over to the goon, both of his Pokémon following. "...I do love burning things." Douglas, speak up if he doesn't listen to simple force. You're better with convincing irrational people than I am.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidation: (1d20-2)[9]

Show

16. - Top - End - #1126

HalflingRangerGuy

Why set him on fire... that's to kind. John says with a smile. All of the things he has done, he should be struck by lightning. As John says this he begins to float in the air. As he begins to float in the air he begins to generate electricity. It begins to crackle all around him. Unless you want to help us this will happen to you. your call. Now tell us what we want to know.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidation roll (1d20-2)[9](7)
    health if in combat 158/160
    health out of combat 155/160
    The reason there are two hp bars is because I'm not sure if we are in or out of combat at the moment, and that it has different costs based on either situation.
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-05-10 at 12:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1127

BlackDragon

Looking between the physics Tearu realizes the both of them are serious about their threats and decides to get out of the line of fire. "Lets go vesper this fight is over." With that he turns and begins to walk over to Douglas (if were still using the turn order from before then vesper stays if not she is close on his heals.)
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-05-10 at 12:20 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas nodded. And, since that didn't mean anything and the machoke at his side was distinctly not Truse who knew him better, he then had to mutter, "Help me balance. Go forward a bit."

Zon was then entirely too quick about it, which shot layers of agony up the breeder's leg as 'be led forward' became a lot more quick than he was used top. He clenched his teeth together while keeping his face as steady as he could. Ouch.

"The way I see it." He paused there for a moment, which looked like it was for impact but was actually because Zon realized he was talking and froze up, which was absolutely the wrong answer as it caused him to stub his poor leg. Ugh.

"You've already lost, at this point. You're out of pokemon, and surrounded by three people - all of whom have proven themselves especially capable of causing harm, and several pokemon to boot. You then mentioned that your boss would be less than pleased with you losing, and at the moment even if you managed to escape, that would result in facing down an unhappy boss."

He shifted his weight. "Oorrr, alternately, we can try to make things a lot easier for both of us. Just calm down for a moment, and let's talk for awhile. I'll put in a few words with the rangers shortly thereafter, and you keep your legs from being grinded off. Or from being set on fire or struck by lightning."

Those last few words felt really bizzare to come out of his mouth once he'd said them. Could everyone here shoot fire or lightning or... or tornadoes or hurricanes or whatever? Yikes! He'd say it sounded surreal - and it did - but granted, he'd just spoken to someone who possesses pokemon, met a half dozen people who could read minds, and discovered Rayquazza was real... so maybe this was becoming par for the course.

Or something.

Either way, it was now up to the 'Steelix Tail' to decide.

Spoiler
    Show

Charisma check! [roll0]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Trying that charisma check again...
    (1d20+7)[20]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Group: The man pauses.
    What about our siblings? Our families? Stradford's a crazy muker, the kind to mess with them without a second thought."
    (Perception check)

Major: "That'll be fifty poke per mon. Please enjoy the ninja training with your pokemon!"
    Once you pay, he tosses a knife straight up, and the floor opens up beneath you and your team. Your sigilyph and espeon float happily for a few seconds until long vines wrap around their waists, dragging them down.
    You and your other mon find your fall slowed by tendrils from a grass pokemon, before being put down gently in front of a large frog with a tree in its back. It points down a hallway with one.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: [roll0]

"Will he not do the same if you fail? If he is as cruel as you say, there is nothing to stop him from killing your families after a failed mission. Should they know of your work, they are an unnecessary risk to him if you die. If he is as dangerous as you say, it could become necessary for us to eliminate him. We were already nearly robbed once by someone working for him." He motions to the boy. "Should we leave him in place, this will continue to escalate. As authorities are not willing to act due to terrorism threats, it seems to me more and more that an independent group's actions are needed." He pauses. "If you will not fight against him with us, which is understandable, then at least answer any questions we have pertaining to him. For your families, if nothing else."

Show

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah glances around after finishing his speech.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[2]

Show

23. - Top - End - #1133

BlackDragon

Tearu finds one of the remaining crates, leans against it and makes one more check around the room before settling in to observe the show and gauge his new-found "friends".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming perception is wisdom
    (1d20-2)[-1]
    PTA Character Sheets

24. - Top - End - #1134

HalflingRangerGuy

Seeing that the message has hit the goon in the heart. John floats back down to earth and dissipates the electricity so he again looked like a regular human being. You know see why your boss needs to removed. he says to the goon.We both are really on the same side if you think about. We are trying to remove your boss so this kid, he points to the urchin.So he can grow up in a safe Fuschia. Just like I did. You want your boss gone so you and your family can stay alive. John pause for a moment to let that sink in.

If we work together we can both achieve our goals without any more blood shed. Come on dude help us, help you. As he says this John sticks out his hand as a form of temporary friendship.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP 155/160
    perception roll (1d20)[20](20)

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Crazy ass way to do it...whatever." She mumbles as Aeon moves and follows the path.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

One would question why you'd join a group like that in the first place, but that wasn't terribly diplomatic to say. Still, everyone else had essentially said the bulk of what needed to be said.

"Not to mention, a life constantly in fear that Stradford will hurt your family for any error is only barely a life at all. At any time, things can go wrong - if you got away today, what would happen tommorrow? The next day? How many days can your families end up on the line before things change?"

He shook his head. "In addition... if you were to, in fact, die, then he might then utilize your family as an example to others for failure. The root of the problem is more focal."

Zon was, among other things, more than a little bothered at the ideas Douglas was suggesting - he hadn't thought of them. Truse did not share Douglas' opinions on the bandits, and kept himself braced, but not advancing.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+6)[20]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Kantolin, Nosugre: You spot three little heads slowly rising out of the ground in your perpipheral vision. (you get a surprise round, the others don't.)

Group: "Safe? You're not from the same Fuchsia the rest of us are, kid. Look, there's no real guarantee, but frankly it's stand with him or crushed by him like the kid."
    He points to said urchin.

Major: You reach a hallway where the floor shifts beneath you and things begin launching out of the walls.
    (Okay, roll the 30d100 for each mon, this gets an overhaul next town).
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-15 at 10:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah tilts his head. So would that be a no, you won't even help us? If not, we have no more use for you. Zachariah's eyes narrow, and a flame sparks to life in his hand. Care to at least get brought to a Center? Only costs a few words.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-15 at 09:46 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1139

HalflingRangerGuy

Becoming frustrating with how uncoparative this goon is becoming John goes back into the air. WE ARE THE BEST CHANCE YOU HAVE! He shouts at the goon. Then out of the corner of his eye he sees 3 little heads floating up from under ground NOW, I'll give you something to fear. he says as he flies to a position that he can shoot all three heads with thunderbolt and not hit any allies.

Eat lightning! he says as he fires the thunder bolt at the heads.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible intimidation check against goon
    Spoiler
    Show
    [rollv]1d20[/roll] See OOC

Hp133/160

uses thunderbolt on the heads. I have a flight speed on 9(my constitution modifier.

thunderbolt accuracy (1d20)[15](15) acc of 2
    thunderbolt damage (4d12+17)[12][10][12][5](56)+9( my special attack stat(aka my con modifier again))

Thunder bolt
    Special Attack - Ranged (7)
    Thunderbolt creates a Column 1 meter wide. Thunderbolt Paralyzes all Legal Targets on 19-20 during Accuracy Check.
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-05-15 at 11:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Lightning streams from you at the three heads and...does nothing at all. BEHOLD THE POWER OF DUGTRIO!

(Also, you use your Con Stat for special attack, not the Con modifier.)