New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

You question my judgement, despite holding your tongue. Why?
    The great dragon turns its head to look at you, Kara. You feel it sift through recent thoughts.
    Why such contempt for your own kind? For listening to someone who is terrified not only for themselves, but everyone? I see your actions on this journey, and many times you automatically assume the worst of humans and the best of pokemon when both run the full spectrum of personalities. I see you disappointed that you were stopped from killing, and that I was convinced not to. So why?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Err I mean no disrespect, Lord Rayquazza, but these men killed one of your friends and stole your egg. They put countless pokemon and people in harms way by angering you. Had they not gotten caught everyone on that boat might have died. Countless pokemon and people are probably injured. I doubt they are sorry, they are just afraid of punishment. Had you not caught them they'd have done who knows what to your egg and would have kept on hurting more pokemon and more people. Kara says with a frown, Even with your conditions of watching them they still have time to hurt and steal before you catch up to them. Prevention seems a much better fix than a warning and a punishment AFTER they've hurt more people.

She sighed, People are cruel. They abandon their families, enslave pokemon, force them to battle just for fame, risk their lives and nearly cause them to die, and they shun and persecute people just for being different. And those two are the worst of the worst of humans. She pointed back at the boat. Sure there are some good humans. I don't think every human should die. But those that hurt others for their own gain...those that abandon and punish people for being different...

She looked down. I'm sorry...It's not my place to question your judgement. I just don't get why you are letting these people that killed your friends, stole your egg, and mocked your wrath escape.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Tony." Douglas shook his head. "I'm okay, though. Or, well, I'll be fine."

He then turned to the rockets, and nodded as a pokeball was hurled towards him, which he caught.

This caused both he and Truse to stare in astonishment for a moment. Douglas /caught/ something! He neither fumbled it, nor did he drop it, nor did it slam into his body, nor did someone else have to intercept. He /caught/ something! Had he ever done that before - well, since the accident?

Whoa.

He then nodded, as it opened. Wow, a bridge pokemon - between both monster and plant. Although from the look of him, he looked a little shaken.

"Your welcome. I'm pretty sure he wasn't kidding, though. Straight and narrow now, alright? Also, what's your name - I caught that his is Marty. Any family?"

Actually, while he didn't need a bucket, he did want a pillow - he was exhausted after that ordeal. He made it a point not to show it, however, as he gently touched the snover - who recoiled a bit from his touch at first. It'd definitely take a bit for trust to build.

"You can come out now, Gel." The ditto, still as a houndour, crept out of where he'd been hiding.

"Dittoooo." He whined, nudging at Douglas' pokeballs. The breeder returned him, and upon noticing the snover's hopeful looking reaction to being returned, returned it as well.

"It's... probably best if these two stay discreet until we arrive in port, though. Although that does bring up the question - with this many holes in the ship, will it stay afloat? I'm kinda worried about that." To emphasize his concern, he pointed to the gaping hole left by Rayquazza.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The simplest way of putting it is that the dead would be disgusted with how I have acted in her name until I saw into Douglas's mind. Venn would have abhorred how I acted as you said-hurting and killing for my own gain. I was like them, in full. Besides which, what of their families? Their friends? Their pokemon? Even the death of scum is felt like a knife in the heart by someone.
    Also, on a much darker note, if they die, I can't watch them squirm and suffer from their own fear that they are wrong move away from a murder of murkrow feasting upon their still screaming flesh.

The clouds darken for a minute again, before beginning to clear up.
    I do believe your views on humanity may be somewhat skewed, but that is not something I really have experience with. However, softening your heart slightly may make it easier to find others who seek to be like yourself.

"It's Charles. Take good care of Tundra, please. He's the first pokemon I ever caught, and the only family I have left, 'sides a sister in the system somewhere. Also, I like my bits where they are, so I don't have any problems with that, and I don't think Marty will either."
    He spots a murkrow nearby, watching him intently.
    "Yeah...yeah, we'll behave."
    Then, as if in answer to your question, Rayquaza speaks in your mind again.
    I'm taking you near a city of yours before setting the ship down and rewarding your group for services rendered. Though I could use advice from the Death-touched next to you on which city.
    "So...channeling or-"
    No.
    Tony recalls Flare and begins heading towards the hole.
    "Got it!"
    He sends out Turbo on the other side of the hole, and hops on.
    "Who wants a ride up? Turbo's big, he can hold a couple more!"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla lets out a sigh of relief at things coming to a peaceful solution. And then an idea pops into Tesla's head, so act on it. In his humblest tones, "Rayquazza, I have a request that may choose whether or not to heed. If there is a young Aerodactyl among your flock that would be interested in joining me in my travels, could you introduce us? I have always wanted to meet one since I was a young lad and would be thrilled have one join me on my travels."
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah is walking rather quickly through the ship, following the warm footprints on the ground. "Hey, Mag- erm, sorry, I don't know your name. The-Magmar-that-we-saw-earlier... Um, Ambrule, a little help?"
    "Hey, Pyro, where are you? My trainer wants to talk to you!" The sound of crackling embers whispers through the hall, going further than one would think possible for such a sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    My interpretation of how fire types would communicate.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-12 at 10:35 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Maaag."
    You find him sitting in an open room, with few boxes.
    "Mar, magmar." (What is it?)

Arrive on deck and declare your challenge. Any interested will find you.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-12 at 10:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to assume Ambrule acts as a translator for Zachariah. "Well you looked rather unhappy as you left. I didn't mean any perminant harm towards your trainer. Things got a bit out of hand very quickly, and when we find them holding the egg, which was the whole reason for us searching the room, and I was ready to try and reason with them. Of course then when Kara attacked I panicked. Anyways, I didn't want to leave the situation with unsettled frustrations. Some tic I have apparently."

Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara is quiet as Rayquazza speaks and for a short amount of time after as she was thinking. He had made good points, but at the same time she didn't like it. Yet she was having a hard time thinking of a reason.

But you were acting for the good of your child, your family, your blood. They were acting for money and greed and power... Kara finally says, You are nothing like them. However, you make a good point about the fear of messing up...perhaps they will become model people and help pokemon...In fact... Kara grinned, I know someone who could use some volunteers with taking care of and protecting pokemon.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Maaag."
    You find him sitting in an open room, with few boxes.
    "Mar, magmar." (What is it?)

Arrive on deck and declare your challenge. Any interested will find you.
    Tesla quickly makes his way to the deck. When he arrives he addresses the flock. "Since I was young, I have admired the power and grace of the Aerodactyl, long thought lost in the annals of history by my people. Seeing that they still live has thrilled me to no end. I would be honored if one would become my traveling companion. If there is one among you who would like travel with me and wants to test my worthiness, I'll gladly accept the challenge. Are there any takers?"

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The affairs of humans I will leave to humans. If you have something you think would be useful, you have my blessing to set it up. But that egg does not signify family. A legend is normally singular. As far as I know, I am the only rayquaza active. When one dies, the next hatches, ready to perform the duty we have in life. It's more like securing my immortality. Thus, it was for my own personal gain.
    He sheds a pair of scales, which drifts along the air currents into your hands, Tesla and Kara.
    On to other topics, though. For services rendered in recovering my immortality, I grant you one boon of any type you wish. The service of one like your Giratina following friend and his sableye, made for him. The ability to tap into new depths of power. My favor in future endeavors, or my direct help in one. Choose well.

Tesla, as you scan the sky, you see one peel off and land on the deck. It claws at the ground, before issuing what has to be a challenging noise. Aerodactyl wants to fight! Who will you send out?

Using Ambrule as a translator, Zach gets this response.
    (lots of saying variations of magmar here)Neither one of them is my trainer. My last trainer died, so I am in search of a new one. Do they still live?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

"The men? Based on the lack of shaking and violent sounds from above, I'd say yes, they're alive, though likely getting ready to get locked in a room to be taken to port and locked up again there... You say your last trainer died. What was he or she like?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(More variations of magmar)Good. My last trainer...was kind to me. That's not saying much, though. They did great wrong to others, and I knew that, but...they hatched me, raised me, taught me like one of their own. I knew that he likely took me by force, but...how could I hate a father who tried his best to raise me, not as a tool, but as a companion? A friend? That is rare in the people I grew up seeing on a common basis.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla smiles seeing that one had decided that he had at least seemed worth enough to challenge. "Melchior disengage Gauntlet mode. Your up my friend."

Melchior shoots out and lands between the Aerodactyl and Tesla. So I am your go to man, eh? I don't know if I should be happy or depressed by this.

"You can't fool me. Besides it has been awhile since you have had a proper match now hasn't it?"

Your right, it does feel nice to work all that pent up aggression in my programming.

"Alright, let's do this!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer Initiative: (1d20+3)[16]
    Speeds:
    Melchior: 6
    Caspar: 11
    Relic: 3
    Foo: 3
    Agni: 6

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The first thing you notice about it is that aerodactyls are fast. You are barely prepared as it takes off and lunges at Melchior, looking to sink its teeth into digital flesh.
    (1d20)[14]
    [Roll]1d10+5+16[/roll]
    It succeeds.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-13 at 12:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh boy, look at how fast it is! Alright Melchior, Conversion2:Steel!"

D*** that hurt! Right boss! Melchior began to shimmer and took on a metallic shine.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melchior HP: 40
    Melchior is now a Steel-type!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Undaunted, it bites down again.
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d10+21)[30]

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

The Aerodactyl teeth bounce harmlessly off Melchior's newly steeled body. "Alright time for a counter attack! Melchior Psybeam."

Right-o boss! Melchior let off a beam of psychic energy at the flying fossil.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melchior HP: 40
    Psybeam's AC (2): (1d20)[4]
    Psybeam's Damage: (1d12+32)[34] (or +36 if Download activates)

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

I believe that is a hit!
    The aerodactyl lets out a surprised yelp as it gets slammed by the psychic energy. The aerodactyl is down to 33 HP!
    In retaliation, it tries once more to bite down.
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d10+21)[25]/2.
    Technically, negative damage. Melchior loses 1 HP as the teeth scratch his hide slightly.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-13 at 02:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

"Alright, Melchior use Tackle this time!"

Melchior charges forward into the air, attempting to slam into the Aerodactyl.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melchior: 39
    Tackle's AC: (1d20)[1]
    Tackle's Damage: (2d6+6)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The aerodactyl dodges with far more grace than something nearly twice your size should possess, nipping at Melchior in passing.
    (1d20)[20]
    (1d10+21)[27]
    Ouch, crit and flinched. Don't have access to anything, so can someone give me a hand?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-13 at 02:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Right, guess I'd go again, then, due to flinching.)
    The aerodactyl does not let up, trying to dig in again.
    (1d20)[19]
    (1d10+21)[23]

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Aw come on, dice! Don't block him down. Only one HP lost last time.)
    And again.
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d10+21)[27]
    (If this hits, do you want to step in?)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably won't actually fight for a few days because homework and screw having fun on a weekend.

"Zachariah has been with me for over ten years. In that time, him, Bullet and me have become like a family. He's worried about being too blunt, so I'll say it: Do you want to come with us?" Zachariah only hears whispers for the last sentence. "Hey, whythe secrecy? What did you say?" Ambrule just smiles.

Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

"Alright, Psybeam Melchior!"

Melchior releases another beam of psychic beam energy.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melchior's HP: 26
    Psybeam's AC: (1d20)[2]
    Psybeam's Damage: (1d12+32)[34]

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Dodging again, the aerodactyl keeps up with what has been a winning strategy so far.
    (Sorry, it's just the only attack I have the info for on hand)
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d10+21)[27]
    Melchior now has 25 HP.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-13 at 04:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara floats down to the ship and deactivates the costume as she looks at the scale. Are you able to help me control my powers? She asked after a moment, When I get upset they go out of control and leave a big mess... She said looking down at her feet. I'd much rather be able to use my powers to help make friends and protect pokemon.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-13 at 04:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla grunts in frustration as it dodges yet again. "Alright, Melchior use Recover!"

Engaging in self-repair protocols. Melchior begins to shimmer and his injuries seem to disappear.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melchior's HP: 26-->53
    Used Recover

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The scale and your necklace glow, before breaking down into dust on your body. You feel things...shift. Certain powers seem to fade but new ones you didn't even know were possible replace them.
    Class change successful! Welcome to level 12!

Pyroclast pauses, considering the offer.
    Would you mind if I asked to see how competent a trainer he is first? I wish to be certain that if I choose a trainer, they can direct me properly.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Om nom nom!
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d10+21)[30]