New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"You are generous, Monseigure. Thank you." He bows and makes his way to the center to check on Ambrule and Pyroclast. Suddenly, he notices a tugging in his arms and a slight pain in his head. Food! How could he forget that he was carrying Era!? He rushes to the center, looking for Ambrule and Pyroclast. "Hey, Pyroclast, I need to feed Era, and then I'll be back. Keep an eye out for a black and blue two headed dragon flying around. Keep Ambrule away from it if you do see one." Before Pyroclast can object, Zachariah runs off to find some food edible to a young Ralts.

"But- humph, could have asked the Joy here if they had any food for a young Amourphous Pokémon. Ambrule, you feeling better?"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Tiiiiiiime Waaaaaaarp]

Peter stands underneath the mighty Rayquaza, breathless before its immensity. He closes his eyes and searches for that mental link that the green dragon had shared with them. It was sort of like the pathway he used to speak with Rock types, but somehow entirely alien. He managed to find it, and struggled to not use the Rock Tongue through it. "I've heard many tales of you from my homeland, great dragon. You are the very definition of timelessness. Things that can withstand the lashes of antiquity have always had my deepest respect. I've heard the legend of the blessings that your scales may grant. I would ask for one humble gift - the gift of knowledge. Please, give me the eyes to see the history ingrained into the centuries of life found in stones. I have always been fascinated by the beauty of stones, but I know that there lives show much more than that. Can you grant me this gift, ancient one?"
    Peter opens his eyes to see if Rayquaza would grant his request, and sees the same Aerodactyl that he had seen out of the porthole swoop in the sky nearby him. He telepathically reaches out with the Rock Mind to see if it would accept a conference with him.
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-14 at 02:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

A scale falls from Rayquaza and lands upon your head. It's surprisingly clear, almost like glass...
    You hold it in your hands, and watch as it changes shape. Soon, a pair of goggles crafted of nigh transparent emerald are in your hands. Sliding them on, you know that they will show you wonders and relics you have only dreamed of, reveal the secrets beneath the ground and guide you in your quest for knowledge.
    In your mind, the aerodactyl calls out in response, in a voice like pebbles dropping down a hill.
    I hear you. Can I help you?
    The aerodactyl lands directly in front of you.

"We have an onix tier station set up in the third lowered arena, would that be suitable?"

You find your way to the mess hall, Zach. Few people are floating around, but there seems to still be unspilled food.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-14 at 02:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter once again spoke to Rayquaza through their mental connection. "You truly are as powerful as the legends say. My eyes - the goggles show me everything! Thank you for this gift, ancient one."
    When the Aerodactyl landed in front of him, Peter was barely able to convince his startled body from not taking a step back in the presence of the fossil Pokemon. He cleared his mental throat and spoke calmly with the Pokemon. "I believe you can. Being a Rock type certainly has its benefits - but most are plagued with a curse. All of my Pokemon are destined to never leave more than a few feet up from the ground they were born in. But you - you were born before the rocks were cursed with gravity. Your aerial grace is astonishing and belies your ferocity. I would be honored to have an asset such as you to join my flock. Tell me, how could I earn your alliance?"
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-14 at 03:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Food! The voice pierces through his mind again. Several people also flinch at the ear splitting sound in their heads. Not so loud, Era. The Ralts ignores him, and tries to float herself over to a table, with marginal success. She gets out of his arms and manages to tumble through the air towards a salad bowel, eating the last of the lettuce and vegetables. Zachariah chuckles at the cute spectacle. "Well, might as well grab something to eat."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, the perfect way to explain being away from everyone for a while.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-14 at 04:32 PM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The same way the other one got my stronger brother.
    The aerodactyl lifts off the ground easily, looking at you.
    Show me your strength and ability. Fight me, and prove your worth!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla smiled at the success of the new feature of the new gauntlet. When his Pokemon arrived fully healed, he released Caspar and Melchior. "I have one other Pokemon in mind I think we should recruit while we have the chance. Then we will have a get to know you meeting with all our new colleagues. Let us find a Drifloon." They set off on the deck in search of a Drifloon.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

3d20+ wis to find one-each pokemon you have out can assist you in looking for a specific pokemon.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara skipped across the deck looking up at all the pokemon trying to find the cutest one she could. She saw an adorable Flygon, but could sense it was too strong and probably wouldn't want to be her friend yet. She saw a few others, but felt way out of their league.

Kara frowned as she continued looking around. She had hoped to get some more Dragons to give Tina a friend, but at the moment it wasn't looking likely. Suddenly, the young girl saw a beautiful Vibrana.

Want to be my friend? She asked with a smile.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla: (1d20-2)[4]
    Caspar: (1d20-2)[15]
    Melchior: (1d20-2)[3]

(I also have my Modified Dex with the expanded range of 50m)

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The vibrana looks at the human, giving off a strange, chittering giggle.
    So quick to the point. It could be fun. However!
    The Vibrana takes off, wings practically disappearing in motion as it hovers in front of you.
    If you want my help, you have to show that you can handle what friends you already have properly. Fair?

Tesla, Caspar is the first to find one, possibly because of his own nature. Floating below the ship, a drifloon hangs onto rayquaza, with what looks to be a smile on its face as it's dragged through the cloud cover.
    Whee!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-14 at 08:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Of course. My friends will show you the strength of our friendship and convince you to join! Kara thought to the Vibrava with a nod before looking at Dratini.

Ready Tina? Kara asked with a smile. Why not start with a wrap! Hold it in place!

Spoiler
    Show

Well...my pokemon are squishy so here is hoping for luck lol...

Speed: 20

Accuracy: (1d20)[4] vs 4+physical evasion
    Edit: (God damn it...I can't ever roll ****ing high...Probably missed unless it has ZERO evasion)
    Damage: (1d12+14)[17]

Trapped for: (1d4+1)[4]
    (Trapped means can't flee or move)

**At the beginning of the target’s turn, if the target is Trapped, roll 1d20 and the target loses that much HP. Do not apply weakness or resistance to the HP lost. Do not apply stats to the HP lost.**
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-14 at 09:07 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah is enjoying a plate of rice when Ambrule comes floating in in a hurry. "Zachariah, come quick! Pyroclast found a Zweilous and tried to shoot it down, but he missed, and now it's really ticked off!" Zachariah groans.

"Ack, Arceus Judge it, I said find one, not fight one! Era, sorry to cut your meal short. We have to go now."

Don't wanna! Zachariah ignores the protest and slight screech in his head, picks up the young Ralts and runs to the deck. He runs by his room and calls to Bullet to get up to the battle deck ASAP.

Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

It took Douglas a couple minutes more before he was ready to go up.

"Thanks again, Truse." He stated to his ace, who just nodded. That was something they both understood - the three words spoke volume more than just 'thanks'.

"Well! First things first - we need to check eggs. Solving the problem was much more proactive than patiently convincing everyone that my eggs weren't Rayquazza's, but now it's time to get back for a good check."

"Ma-Choke?" (What of Rayquazza?)

"I'm kind of worried too." Douglas noted, obviously not understanding as he went to the top - and the machoke pointed to Rayquazza. "Oh." And he glanced up - even though the enormous green dragon was no longer attempting to kill him, he still felt a little nervous.

"Thank you, but I believe my family is quite secure at this point." He responded, vocally at first. "Although I'm sure, when circumstances are different, I wouldn't mind speaking to you again. Would that be acceptable?"

He was interrupted by a firm grasp on his shoulder. He glanced to Truse, then up to the plethora of flying pokemon, many of which were now interacting in general with trainers on the deck. Upon his second look at his machoke, he realized that the only reason the machoke wasn't going through a full-blown panic was becuase Truse was worried about Douglas.

"Here, Truse, let's go in...side?"

Was... was that a field and a water 1 egg group pokemon? He blinked several times, heading in that direction as he'd never seen a delibird before. "One moment, Truse - what is that?" He asked, pokedexing it as he walked in its direction. Intruiging!
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The vibrava neatly flits out of the way, before her wings begin moving faster, setting off a sonic boom.
    Good attempt! But hugs so soon?
    (1d20)[6]
    Always done 15 damage if it hits. Doesn't seem like it has.

Zach, you arrive in a vacant bedroom. Ambrule flits behind you, and Pyroclast slams the door behind him.
    Okay. I think I got it more interested in eating a table than following us.
    There's crunching from inside, as well as some squabbling. Peeking in, you see the two heads arguing with each other.
    Maybe not the smartest example of one. Still, they can get quite destructive.

I look forward to talking to you in the future, Douglas.
    The delibird stops, and looks up at you.
    "Deli?"
    It rummages around in it's bag, before pulling out a box larger than said bag, and flutters up on top of it to be at eye height. The delibird then sticks out a wing towards Truse.
    "Delibird, deli!"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-14 at 10:05 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, Ambrule, you and Era-"
    "Who the heck is this Era you keep talking about!?"
    Zachariah facepalms. "The Ralts. Right, I never actually named her in front of you. Anyways, you and Era are both near useless against that dragon, and I'm not going to risk getting you killed. Stay out here with Era and make sure she doesn't run off. Pyroclast, Bullet, we'll go in and take it down. Think you guys can handle it?"

"Ma ar gmar Magmar mar. Mag agma ma. (You were strong enough to fight a Magmar hand to hand with little help. This will be easy for you.)"

"He thinks you'll fare well, Master."

"Okay then, let's go." They open the door and the three of them walk/float in.

Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas knelt slightly, giving a smile.

"Hey there, little guy." He nodded, accepting what he presumed was a wingshake - er, handshake. He wasn't actually completely sure what it was about this particular pokemon, but it definitely intruiged him.

He glanced at Truse, who was still a bit hesitant - but Douglas he could still help out. Reaching to his side, he removed a pokeball from one of its holsters.

"Care to be a part of my family?" He asked, glancing at Truse who stepped forward... but then he watched the delibird. If the response was one of fear or terror, he'd actually back down - he'd seen that before. But! Didn't hurt to ask.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-01-14 at 10:27 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The delibird hops towards Truse, before pulling out a cupcake and offering it up.

The zweilous keeps eating it's table as you enter with one head, while the other watches you and gives off a warning growl.

Speed: 11
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-14 at 11:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas blinks, then with a smile reaches for it - when he's interrupted by Truse, who is looking at the cupcake far more eagerly.

"Heh, didn't you just eat, buddy?" He glanced at the delibird, pointed to the cupcake, and motioned towards his machoke questionably - after all, Truse does want it.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The delibird puts it at Truse's feet, and then pulls another one out of it's bag and puts it down in front of Doug.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah tries to send a calm sounding throught to the Zweilous, even if he was visibly trembling a little bit. "Crap that is a big dragon. Hey, we were looking for a powerful dragon type and it seems my Magmar thought you would be good and got a little hasty. I'm sorry about that; he's still new to the team. Would you like to join us? "Guys, we might not need to get violent. Still, be ready if things go bad." He places his throwing knife on the ground to show that he does not mean harm. (Even though he could fling it telekinetically in a heartbeat if he needed to).

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative for when this inevitably fails: (1d20)[9]
    Bullet: 5
    Pyroclast: 20

Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You reach out, and have issues making contact. Something about its body is messing with your telepathic abilities. You are unsure if it has even heard your thoughts.
    It sniffs the knife, and gives it an experimental nibble before going back to the table. The other head turns and growls at you then, before dragging the body forward.
    Zweilous the Hostile Pokemon wants to battle! Well, part of it does. The other head just wants to eat it's table, and is trying to bite the current head in control.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-14 at 11:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

The machoke grabbed the cupcake eagerly, shoving it into his mouth and gulping down the thing without even chewing.

"Whoa - slow down, buddy, heh." And Doug picked up his, before nodding. "Thanks, little guy. I don't think I have anything to give back, though."

He pondered for a moment, slightly contemplative. Well, it hadn't actually complained about the presented pokeball.

"You're really friendly, little guy, heh." Provided the delibird allowed him to do so, he lightly brushed the delibird on the beak - the flyers he was used to liked that. "Do you just want to come along? You might be able to keep Tundra company."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hugs are a good way to bond. Kara replies teasingly.

Dragon Rage! Let's go for something harder to dodge, Tina! Kara requested.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[5] -Needs to be 2+Evasion
    Damage: 35, no stats, no defense. Straight up 35.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-14 at 11:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

That's when you notice-it has your room key in one hand, Vic's pokeball in another, and a big, impish grin on its face.
    "Deli!"
    Then it slides between Truse's legs, before waving from behind you-almost like it's taunting you to catch it if you can.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, things could have gone worse. Bullet, ThunderPunch!"
    Zachariah focuses on the knife, willing it to fly towards the dragon, while Bullet flies towards the Zweilous, arms crackling with electricity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thunderpunch
    AC: (1d20)[17] Must beat 2+defense evasion, Paralyzes on 19-20
    Damage: (2d12+30)[44]

Knife
    AC: (1d20)[17] Must beat 5+defense evasion
    Damage: (1d10+20)[29]

Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Glad I gave the Zweilous a good defense stat o_o)
    The two of you hit it hard, sending it reeling. In response, it tries to bite Bullet, being the closer of the two of you.
    (Zweilous has 22 HP remaining out of 71!)
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d10+24)[33]+7, because I forgot the STAB.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-15 at 12:06 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    The vibrana looks at the human, giving off a strange, chittering giggle.
    So quick to the point. It could be fun. However!
    The Vibrana takes off, wings practically disappearing in motion as it hovers in front of you.
    If you want my help, you have to show that you can handle what friends you already have properly. Fair?

Tesla, Caspar is the first to find one, possibly because of his own nature. Floating below the ship, a drifloon hangs onto rayquaza, with what looks to be a smile on its face as it's dragged through the cloud cover.
    Whee!
    Boss, I found one. Caspar pionted it out.

"Nice one Cas," Tesla said. He then shouts at the Drifloon, "Hey there! Would you like to go on a journey with me and my friends?"

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

"Good hit Bullet, get back! Pyroclast, use Smog!"

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[12] Must beat 5+defence, poisons on 13-20
    Damage: (1d12+8)[14]

EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and Bullet's health is 21/61
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-15 at 12:12 AM.

Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The Dragon Rage hits dead on, and causes the vibrava to shudder.
    Nnngh! Maybe I should've taken the hug.
    (Vibrava has 45 health remaining!)
    It breathes in, before launching a blast of raw, unbridled energy at Tina.
    (Dragonbreath)
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d10+32)[33] (7 STAB, Special attack 15)

The drifloon sticks its head up through the floor.
    Would there be lots of traveling?