New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"Thanks, Tony. Valiant is very strong for his size. It asked for a show of strength, and, well, I guess it got an eyeful."
    Peter pulls out an Ultra Ball and holds it in front of the Aerodactyl. "Yes, he has great potential. I see great potential in you, as well. Tell me, have we proved our worth? Would you like me to train you to be as strong as this one?"

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

"There we go." Douglas patted Truse on the shoulder. "Don't let it get to you, buddy."

Although from the machoke's response, it had clearly gotten to him. Douglas smiled - he'd calm down in a bit. Actually, that was incentive to give him a bit more of a break. Reaching down, he snatched up his room key and Vicuņa's ball.

"Here - let's go back to the room, then. Definitely time to take a break for awhile - I know I'm exhausted."

He paused, looking at the aerodactyl that Peter had just caught. Maybe he should try to check his capabilities as a medic for a time, and volunteer on a battle deck or sommat for several hours or a day or sommat - that way he could help out. But for now, the pokemon on deck looked like they were in pretty good shape.

He wondered, idly, if Rayquazza ever needed a medic.

After a quick stop to a proper centre for some quick healing, he stopped back in his room. Thankfully, it seemed untouched - and his first action was to dive to his eggs. He was very careful - rotating two of them ever so slightly. As he expected they would, they needed a little bit more heat.

"Just for a couple minutes, Vicuņa." He commented, sending out the numel. As tended to be the case, the numel was disoriented upon release, and promptly reacted with irritation about being out and about - moreso on a moving boat.

"Just for a moment or two, buddy."

Almost artfully, Douglas moved about the eggs - Vicuņa, still grumbling a bit, moved as he was bidden by the breeder. Truse sat with his back against the bed, on the floor as he was apt to do. The process didn't itself take terribly long before the breeder was satisfied with the process of the eggs - he tapped lightly on one, just as an additional precaution, listening to the sound.

Good.

"Alright!" And with that, back came their particular covers as they were then returned to their careful cases. He glanced to his numel. "There are two new additions to our family, Vic. Care to meet them?"

The answer was no, and he knew that before he asked. This was reinforced as the Numel nudged his leg - Vicuņa really loved his pokeball. Douglas returned the numel, then stretched. "Okay!"

Out, again, came the snover, the delibird, as well as his ditto. He nodded to the two newcomers. "Welcome to the family, both of you." He said warmly. They had a little time now.

And then he'd have a little time to go to sleep himself.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(I did say when you went back to the room, they'd hatch...)
    The delibird looks around, then spots the eggs. Tundra, meanwhile, begins examining the aspects of the room. You notice your delibird is beginning to set out food around them, but why?
    *Crack!*
    ...Oh.
    Apparently, one of your eggs is ready before the others, as you see a machop fist punch through the top.
    "Egg hatching!"
    You turn to the source of the sound, and only see the snover as it moves forward. Did it just talk?
    "I love watching egg hatching!"
    Yes, that snover just talked.

Pete: The aerodactyl nods, and lets you tap his side with the ball. The first tap with the ultra ball doesn't seem to hit the button just right, and it fails to open. You tap the ball again, and this time, the aerodactyl goes in. Wobble one...wobble two...ding! Congratulations! You caught an aerodactyl! Would you like to give your pokemon a nickname?
    "Any time I can help."
    A scale flies at him, and he catches it. In his hands, it unfolds into a guitar, the runic pattern on rayquaza etched onto the back. He then climbs up Rayquaza's body, and sits on his head, town map app open.
    "Now, to Fuchsia, Lord Rayquaza!"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-15 at 11:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah follows the Joy, as well as the rest of his team.

The. They go back and pull the Zweilous forward. "I told you."

"Bullet, yes, we know you're as intelligent as a rudimentary AI. You're also about as charismatic. Please- no. Bullet, stop insulting it."

"It? Your Zweilous is male. You can tell by its hair length."

"Called it." Bullet hums happily. Zachariah becomes angry and swings his knife broadside at the Metang, knowing it would harmlessly clang off, but still getting the message across. "Fine, I'll stop!"

"So will he be okay?"
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-15 at 11:22 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    The drifloon gets shaken by the psychic assault, but manages to keep its head. Your scanner says the drifloon is down to 19 HP!
    "You look sturdy! I'm gonna breathe out now."
    It inflates quite a bit, before letting out a surprisingly strong blast of wind at Relic.
    [1d20]-vs sp. def; rolled a 12 in OOC.
    (1d20)[8]
    *facepalm*
    Relic takes the hit, but it barely scratches his dull finish. "Try another Confusion Relic."

"Certainly," Relic says as he launches another mental assualt.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Relic's HP: 32/33

Confusion's AC: (1d20)[8]
    Confusion's Damage: (2d8+3)[16]
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The drifloon is battered about by psychic energy. Your scanner says its down to 8 out of 33 HP! The drifloon rolls over in the air, doing a barrel roll.
    That was fun! Okay, I'll go with you.

"If you would be so kind as to leave your wounded pokemon here with me for a little while, I'll have them all fixed up for you!"
    *ding ding dingding ding*
    After half an hour, the Joy comes out.
    "Here you are! We hope to see you again!"
    The zweilous has a lollipop in each mouth.
    "The easiest way to pacify one is through their stomach."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-15 at 11:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

"Alright, go Great Ball." Tesla launches the ball straight at the Drifloon.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Capture Attempt: (1d100-13)[28]

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Wobble one...wobble two...click! Congratulations, you caught drifloon! Would you like to give your pokemon a nickname?

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla walks up and retrieves the ball. "I will call you Fogg, after a character I read about when I was young." The ball then vanished, heading back to his estate where he had some good people waiting to watch over it for him. "Well then, come Agni let's get those wounds treated at the Center."

"Char char char char mander (I could have taken it)," he grumbled.

"I'm sure you could have, but I will not needlessly put you at risk. So no more complaints." And he continued to the Center.

Agni followed, thinking deeply. He knew he could have taken her and resented Tesla for stopping him. On the other hand, his trainer's concern made him feel valued. So he followed Tesla to the Center.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Tell me, graceful one, what name did your lord provide you?" The Aerodactyl somehow snorts at Peter with the Rock Tongue. "I doubt it's something you could pronounce, human...but the closest equivalent would be...Brick." Peter looks at the ball quizzically. "...Brick? Really?" Brick sighed telepathically. "Yes, Brick. There was a joke that, for a Brick, I could fly pretty good. It sort of stuck." Peter shrugged his shoulders. "Brick it is then."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Tina!" Kara quickly yelled out as Tina was knocked out. It was the first time she'd spoken out loud this fight. As she rushed to Tina to help her up and heal her she nodded at Star.

Star, launch a water gun attack! Try to keep out of reach!

After checking on Star she jumped at the Vibrava ready her bonding first. "Feel the strength of my convictions and my love for pokemon through my first!" She yelled out using her powers to focus her energy into her first.

Spoiler
    Show

Star will start 10 squares away and will launch a water gun.
    Accuracy: (1d20)[15] vs 2+special evasion
    Damage: (2d6+18)[25]

KARA PUNCH!
    Accuracy: (1d20)[10] vs 5+physical evasion
    Damage: (2d8+1)[8]

IF Vibrava has 25% of less HP then I make a capture roll
    (1d100)[98]
    Edit: Well it all hit, but I doubt my capture roll made it lol
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-15 at 03:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks for the advice. We'll look into it." He looks at the ball that she returned to him. "Now what do we call you? Something simple, that's for sure."

"Searching for short, simple, male names..." Who knew that simple humming could sound so sarcstic? "Al, Alb, Biff, Brick, Bob, Can, Cole, Dan, Fin, Forge, Gyp, Hans, Ike, Joe, John, Khan, Krag, Mik, Mike, Moe, Nox-

"Okay M. Sarcasme, let's just take Nox. You like that name: Nox?" The Zweilous faintly smiles, ever so faintly. The trainer and the Pokémon looked at each other, as though they had made eye contact. "You just wanted a name. That's why you were so quiet before!" He hugs the dragon around one of its necks. Nix's heads both stare at Zachariah for a second, observing their new trainer.

Then the left one bites a hole in the deck. The group pulls the dragon along to the deck. It is quite a humorous sight to see a trainer, Ralts, Metang, Magmar and Litwick trying to drag a dragon that seems to want nothing more than to consume the floor of a ship in peace. "You would not believe how hard it is to catch one of these fellas. Or get them to do anything other than not eat."

Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The vibrava takes both hits! Vibrava is down to 29 HP! (According to bulbapedia, they take normal damage from water. Who knew?)
    A little anxious, are we?
    It kicks sand off of its wings and sends it towards Star's gem, trying to mess with its aim.
    (1d20)[20]

The Joy hands you a small supply of lollipops, and you fall back as Nox lets go, aiming for the tastier treat.
    "ZWEIGH!" (ZWEIGH)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-15 at 05:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

After getting Agni treated and back in his ball, Tesla returned to the upper deck. He found a nice open area. "This should do. Come on out!" With a flash of light the gigantic Aerodactyl appeared. "Hello. I think we should get to know one another a little better." Melchior acts as translator.

"You... defeated me. I... will serve." It seemed about upset about losing.

"I do not want your service strong one, only your friendship. I like to make things and have gown found of journeying around this fantastic world of ours. In our journey their will be many strong opponents we will face. And with my help few if any will be able to best you again. What do you say? Will you be my friend and colleague?"

"Colleague, what does... mean?"

"Colleagues are equals, working together for a common goal. And many colleagues become friends after working together."

"Colleagues... equals... I like this." He sounded amused at this.

"What is your name?"

"I... am Rodan. Named after...an ancestor ... was largest of us." He seemed to take much pride in his name.

"Well Rodan, welcome to the team. Due to your size, I think it best for you to stay in the ball for now. I will get some gear later so that I might fly with you."

"That... nice." Rodan said as he returned to his ball.

"Well then, I wonder where we're headed?"

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Fuchsia City, Tesla. It'll take a couple hours, though."
    Tony waves from on top of Rayquaza's head.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

"Dang it man, what are you doing up there!?" Zachariah yells up while laughing.

Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, obviously the navigator has the best seat! Besides, he's teaching me songs!"
    He holds up a shining green guitar with one hand, 'dex still in the other.
    "Nice Zweilous, Zach! Now, someone take a picture! No one's ever gonna believe this!"

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter was wandering around the ship looking for a nurse to heal his injured Pokemon before he left the vessel. Suddenly, a bird-like Pokemon hopped out of a guest room and looked at him threateningly. He pulled out his Pokedex, and scanned it. "An Archen, huh? This one is prehistoric, too. It must be part of Rayquaza's retinue." He used the Rock Mind to scan its surface thoughts. "Looking for a challenge, eh? You certainly are a feisty one. Well, no offense, but you look a tad...underdeveloped compared to Valiant. Besides, he's injured, so why don't we give another one of my team a chance...Chelonii, are you up for a battle?" He pulls out a Pokeball and sends out his Tirtouga. "Let's do this!"

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Rawwwk!" (Works for me!)

(However, I have no archen stats set up for use and won't have a computer on hand until some time past 9, so this will have to wait. Sorry!)

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Thanks to Prospector, we can do this!

The archen rushes forward, to slam Chelonii with its wings!
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d10+24)[34]

(1d100)[38] for gender, why not.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Damage is reduced to (34-11)/2=11]

"You're a strong little one, aren't you? Well, Chelonii is quite strong herself. Show him your strength with a Water Gun attack!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[4]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[13]
    Water Gun
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Water
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|Special Attack - Ranged (10)
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|2d6
    Special Properties|-[/table]
    Current HP: 20

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Ow!"
    The archen smacks with his wings again, running past Chel and turning to look back.
    "That hurt, rawk!"
    (Wing attack. Archen has 25 hp remaining, and is neutral towards you.)
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d10+24)[33]

(Dear god, man, how did you anger the dice like this?)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-15 at 08:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

"Fuchsia city huh? Haven't been there yet. Should prove interesting." He sits down and starts fiddling with his equipment. "Oh, if anyone has spent Poke Balls I'll repair them, for a small fee of course. 150 for Basics, 300 for Greats and 500 for anything else. First one is free."

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll have to take you up on that. Glad I grabbed them to toss away later. Two Great Balls." Zachariah hands Tesla the two damaged Great Balls and 300, then returns to trying to talk to Nox. "How can you not understand me!?" The left head of the dragon is snoring loudly while the right one continues eating a floorboard. Zachariah sighs and starts talking to Era about nothing in particular.

Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

"Righto," and Tesla gets to work repairing the balls.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poke Ball Repair Attempt 1 (15):(1d20+13)[16]
    Poke Ball Repair Attempt 2 (15):(1d20+13)[18]

"There you are, good as new." He returns the balls.
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-01-15 at 08:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    The vibrava takes both hits! Vibrava is down to 29 HP! (According to bulbapedia, they take normal damage from water. Who knew?)
    A little anxious, are we?
    It kicks sand off of its wings and sends it towards Star's gem, trying to mess with its aim.
    (1d20)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's dragon and ground, thus the neutral

Try another watergun! Kara said as she charged and tried to punch it again.

Spoiler
    Show

Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[11] vs 3+special evasion
    Damage: (2d6+18)[28]

KARA PUNCH!
    Accuracy: (1d20)[13] vs 5+physical evasion
    Damage: (2d8+1)[8]

IF Vibrava has 25% of less HP then I make a capture roll
    (1d100)[14]

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The vibrava reels from the blows, and you feel the link form.
    Congratulations! You have befriended Vibrava! Would you like to give your friend a nickname?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Only if you haven't named it already :P

A big grin crossed the young girl's face as she felt a bond form between her and the Vibrava. This bond didn't involve a pokeball, didn't evolve a master, no, it was the bond of companionship, friends, and equals. Glad to meet you! Kara said with a smile. Give me a minute to heal Tina and then I'll heal you too. Kara requested before quickly moving to her knocked out friend. She closed her eyes and her hands glew as the wounds on Dratini began to heal.

Spoiler
    Show

(Dratini at -20/40)

Healing Touch: 2/day (1 time remaining)
    Heal: (2d12+16)[30]

Dratini now at 10/40

I'll wait till next post for more healing since it cost my trainer action.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-15 at 10:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

I'll just lay here for a bit.
    The vibrava lies next to his new friend.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Upon finishing up with Dratini, Kara ran over to Vibrava and began to work on healing him as well. During the chaos of all that I didn't ask your name. Kara asked as she closed the wounds.

My name is Zayne The Vibrava answered.

Glad to have you as a friend. Kara said with a smile. She loved making new friends.

Spoiler
    Show
    Due to all the leveling changing stats, HP, etc. Do you want me to roll to heal Vibrava or just auto-heal? Either way, healing Dratini again.

All uses of my big heal are used. I only have light healing power until tomorrow. Well, light healing and rest and relaxation, but that takes 8 hours.
    (2d12+16)[21]

Dratini: 31/40
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-15 at 11:17 PM.