New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"So bored...Ambrule, I'm going for my run a bit early. Anyone want to come?" Era lifts herself up, floating by Zachariah's left side. (Whose idea was it to give telekenisis to somthing that can lift itself in the air by level five?)

I wanna go! Her "voice" is becoming less and less shrill, now sounding like one of a child.

"Okay, you can come, but you have to keep up! Hey, one of you find that girl who really likes Pokémon. Maybe she can figure out what's up with Nox."

"Got it!" Ambrule floats off to go find Kara. Meanwhile, Zachaiah eventually figures out a course around the ship and starts running, Era floating behind him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Workout: Allows Zachariah to keep a +1 bonus to Con. -25 HP

Zachariah's HP: 26 Gonna go sleep after this.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Once she was done healing, Kara once again looked up to the sky looking for some new friends. She waved at a strange looking cloud like dragon. Would you like to be a friend as well? Kara sent to the pokemon.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ha! Me too." Douglas nodded. "The beginning of new growth is alwya-a-a!"

He jerked backwards, away from the snover. "You can talk?!" He exclaimed, a question he realized immediately afterwards was very obvious insofar as the answer. "You can talk! Huh!"

Further comment, however, was interrupted by watching the machops as they hatched. That one seemed to be a bit of trouble getting his lower body out, but Douglas raised one hand to stop Truse as the machoke reached forward. "Don't, buddy - humanshapes have to get out on their own - it's especially important for you guys."

The machoke halted, but watched - interested as that initial machop struggled with his shell. Douglas kept an eye on him as well - it didn't seem like there were problems with the hatching, and the other eggs would clearly follow shortly thereafter.

A moment of contemplation.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The snover slaps his hands over his mouth, eyes wide. Doesn't seem to have wanted to say that. The machops break out, and look about as the delibird gives them more food.
    (Tony would take a machop. If you ever end up in Lavender Town, you'll find out why.)

An Altaria descends, and lands near you Kara.
    "Well, I do tend to enjoy human company."
    Wait, that wasn't in your head.
    (I'll stat up a fight tomorrow.)

"How about playing, Era?"
    Tony turns around from his seat on the dragon, and sends out Lil' Helper.
    "Cu?"
    Nox goes over, and sniffs the bone, before grabbing one end and lifting, picking Lil' Helper off the ground.
    "Cuboooone!"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-16 at 01:20 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

(Era is floating around behind Zachariah on his run, and so wouldn't hear initially)

As Zachariah rounds back for another lap, Era stops upon seeing the Cubone. What's that? Bye Zachi! I go play with other Pokémon! Era floats over to the Cubone and Nox, joining the fight for the club. Meanwhile, Ambrule seems to have gotten lost. Somehow.

Show

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

[11 damage again.]

"Did...did you just talk?" Peter cuts the mental connection just to be sure. "You did, didn't you? You know, you're more powerful than your size would suggest. But this fight isn't over, is it?" "Chelonii, blast it again! Let's see if we can't get any more talk out of it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (2d6+11)[22] (I forgot to add Improved Attacks + last time.)
    Water Gun
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Type|Water
    Frequency|At-Will - 2
    Range|Special Attack - Ranged (10)
    Effect|1 Target
    Damage|2d6
    Special Properties|-[/table]
    Current HP: 9

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Hesitation crossed Kara's face. On one hand the pokemon was speaking and it would be rude if she ignored the pokemon's words and kept up the mental conversation. On the other hand she preferred the link she had both because it seemed more pure and because it meant she didn't have to speak like normal humans did. Her talent made her feel closer to pokemon and less like human and also made her feel special.

"Well that's good! I'd be glad to have your friend if you'd have me."
    Kara looked at the pretty dragon, "What's your name?"

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

It's super effective! Archen drops to the ground at -8 HP!

"My name is Stratos, young one. Like Zayne, though, I cannot help you until you show me your skill. Sorry, but it's a rule somewhere."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well then I'll show you my moves." Kara said with a nod. "I'll fight for my friends." '

Kara nodded at Tina. Let's start this with a thunder wave. Keep your distance for it though.

Spoiler
    Show

Dratini is 20 speed so should go first. Thunder Wave doesn't miss and paralyze is so OP :P Launching from six squares away

To make it easy on you:
    The Pokemon’s Speed Stat is halved. On the first round of Paralysis, roll 6 or better on 1d20 to act as usual. On the rounds following that, you must roll one higher, capping at 16 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16). On a failed roll, no Move may be used. You may not Shift either. Dragon and Electric type Pokemon may attempt to self-cure paralysis, only a roll of 20 will cure during their turn instead of shifting and/or moving. When a Paralyzed Pokemon is sent out of its Poke Ball , the Paralysis check starts at 11. On Turns following that, you must roll one higher, capping at 16.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Thank you for making it simple)
    Stratos is enveloped in an electric current, before looking down.
    "In that case, my power is maximum!"
    (1d20)[10] to move. If he can, then he begins to Sing, the focus of which is Tina and envelopes anyone within 4 meters.
    (1d20)[16]
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-16 at 02:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Time to shed! Don't let that little move stop you! Shed then wrap! Kara sent to the sleeping Dratini.

Spoiler
    Show

Mwahahahahaa Shed Skin -Hourly-Cured of sleep :P

Wrap Accuracy: (1d20)[1] vs 4+2 (speed halved means no speed defense bonus, so just +2 for defense)

Wrap Damage: (1d12+14)[18]

Trapped for: (1d4+1)[3]

(Remember if wrapped during each of Altaria's turns, roll 1d20 and ignore stats)

Edit: I AM SO SICK OF ALL THE ONES I'VE ROLLED THIS GAME!!!
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-16 at 03:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(1d20)[18]
    Rather than respond, if he can move, Stratos tries a fury attack.
    (If one misses or would be on an unconscious opponent, ignore the rest of the rols after this)
    (1d20)[20]
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d10+10)[16]
    (1d10+10)[11]
    (1d10+10)[15]
    (1d10+10)[17]
    (1d10+10)[19]

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas noted the machop had managed to squeeze himself the rest of the way out, and was lying on the ground - exhausted from the effort. That one had a pretty rough time of it - he'd seen worse, but he felt bad for the little guy.

He also noticed Tundra - that was a reaction he hadn't expected. He nodded. "Ah. Well, it's your call then - I'll keep my lips sealed about your ability to talk."

He smiled, warmly. "But that's an amazing ability! Helps cement that you're something special, eh? Means you can directly /tell/ me what you don't want to eat, rather than me having to figure it out."

Just before the remaining eggs hatched, back in the case they went, set cold. It didn't hurt the pokemon inside to do that, and delaying the about-to-hatch eggs was most helpful when ensuring they got good homes. Which did give him incentive to go out again - just briefly, but he did recall Tony glancing at one. Then he could look at the computer and look around the regions - and Cankel, of course, would want one.

He stood. Truse stood as well. Douglas nodded. "I won't be long - you can rest if you want."

"Choke." The machoke was next to him regardless, and he smiled.

"Heh, thanks then. Up to you, Tundra - you're more than welcome to come, or you can rest here." Although to try to limit volume, he did temporarily return the delibird.

He arrived on deck just in time to see the Archen fall to the ground - wow, he was definitely focused on being a trainer or at least expanding his roster. He paused for a moment, watching, Truse holding his arm.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tundra looks around, nervously.
    "The doctors...wasn't a good idea to talk around most people. I was told by Boss to be careful, or I could get taken away for the research and mass breeding pens."
    He looks back at the newborn.
    "Think I'm gonna keep an eye on this little guy."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

It should be having a harder and harder time moving. Let's pull back for now and launch a dragon rage!

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 5 squares away and launching dragon rage for 35 damage.

Accuracy: (1d20)[19] vs 2+??? (its neither special or physical so I'd guess just speed...but speed is halved so that's a +0)

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(1d20)[9]
    Stratos is hit! Stratos is down to 54 HP out of 89!
    Stratos tries to move forward two, and to use dragon breath.
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d10+22)[23]
    "Two can play at that..."

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "I was told by Boss to be careful, or I could get taken away for the research and mass breeding pens."
    Douglas stopped.

And for the first time this voyage, his brow creased in anger, and his eyes dimmed. He turned back to the snover.

"If anyone, and I do mean anyone attempts to kidnap a member of my family and take them away, for any purpose, then they will have as much chance of escaping judgement as a leaf in a wildfire. Whether they escape by sea or air, whether they are a youth or a creature as devastating as Rayquazza, whether they are strong, weak, arrogant or proud - it will be for naught. My search will span space, my efforts the stars."

And his gaze softened, considerably - a smile grew on his face as he turned his head to one side. "But really - while I don't agree with Rayquazza's methods, I do understand his sense of urgency in recovering one of his own. While you are with me, you have no reason to hide who you are or what you can do. If a situation happens in which I don't think I can defend a member of my family, I'll make sure you know about it ahead of time."

And away he turned. "But thank you - most machop are a bit dazed swiftly after hatching, and I sense that little guy's gonna be exhausted for a bit. I won't be long."

(Then he went with Truse out to the deck as detailed in the above post)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wow, Chelonii. You did even better than I expected! I think you really shut it up, though - is it awake?" Chelonii waved a fin dismissively. "He had two attacks, I had two attacks - the winner's obvious." Peter chuckled at his Tirtouga's brashness.

[If Douglas wants to help out, I wouldn't mind. It would be a good opportunity to receive the egg, as well.]

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Your thunder wave paid off! While Stratos is paralyzed keep the attack coming! Kara sent to Dratini with a smile. Try to wrap it again! With him unable to move we should be able to get him this time!

Spoiler
    Show

Shifting back over to be beside Stratos
    Wrap Accuracy: (1d20)[9] vs 4+2
    Damage: (1d12+14)[24]
    Trapped for (1d4+1)[4]

Edit: FINALLY! And a damn nice wrap too. Remember to roll a DC 9 to move and a D20 to determine how much wrap damage Stratos takes! Also Stratos can't move btw. Shouldn't matter, but still.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-17 at 01:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(1d20)[11]-wrap damage
    (1d20)[5]-paralysis
    Stratos is down to 35 HP out of 89! Next hit should bring him down to 1/4.
    Once again, the altaria (if able to move) tries to peck the hugging dratini again.
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[3]
    (1d10+5)[14]
    (1d10+5)[15]
    (1d10+5)[13]
    (1d10+5)[12]
    (1d10+5)[6]

Stratos is paralyzed and takes 11 more damage from the wrap! Stratos is down to 24 HP!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-17 at 01:27 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh. Looks like he's out cold." Douglas noted, as he walked forward. That was indeed Peter, from before.

"Looks like you hit him pretty hard, though." He noted, fetching a few liquid were-once-herbs out of his bag. "Let me make sure he remains healthy enough to make it to a joy." Administering a small amount of care to the downed archen and pouring some of the liquid down his throat with a modest level of skill - boosting it to the point where it'll be barely conscious.

"There we go." He glanced to Chelonii. "Hrm. You actually look a bit okay - definitely can make it to a Joy." Then, up again to Peter. "Sorry - we /were/ introduced before, but things got extremely hectic after that point. I'm Douglas Bóaire - you're Peter, right?"

He followed the trainer's gaze to his machoke; ah, so his hunch was right. Okay, that meant he'd found a home for the second of the machop eggs...
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-01-17 at 10:54 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

As Zachariah is running, he begins to mumble to himself. "Hm, maybe I should at least learn a bit of Mom and Dad's practice. Hm, of course I'll need an idol...wait, I have a dark dragon and a Litwick! I have a great source of materials. Of course, I still need the supplies to enchant it...but I want to continue in my pyrokenisis...hm, I should reach some sort of compromise with them...I'll learn a bit, to satasfy them. The usual, and then...hm, confusion or healing...eh, Ambrule and Pyroclast can...and then I really should learn to Hex." As he gets distracted, things occaisionally get flung around. The wandering mind of a psychic can be just as dangerous as the angry mind of a psychic. Suddenly, there is a jerk in anything that is moving around, and it falls to the ground. "Healing. I'll do that. Focus a bit more on flame and then expand my horizons." He smiles to himself as he dodges a vase and as if by instinct moves it back to its table.

Meanwhile, Ambrule is about to give up when she catches a beautiful note of song. Her eyes grew heavy for a second, but she shook it off. Hm, that might be it. She glides over to the source of the sound and finds Kara in a battle with an Altaria. She settles on a ledge to watch. The knowledge of the battle is fairly useless to her. She's not a dragon and her method of flight comes from a different source than Bernouli's physics. Still, the battle is interesting enough to watch. Hm, should have dove left. I'll wait for the battle to end before bothering her. She seems focused right now. "Hehe, she looks kinda funny, making faces at her Pokémon. Kinda like Zachariah, but way more extreme in the expresion." She unintentionally directs the last sentence at Kara, but she's far enough away still that it's only a faint whisper, almost indistinguishable from a thought that flitted through her own mind
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ambrule's just waiting on Kara to finish up her battle before talking to her.

Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Alright, don't attack! Just keep the wrap up and hold him still! Kara asked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just waiting. I'd need to do 2 damage in order to get below 25% and with 11 defense vs 2d8+1 that doesn't seem likely

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(1d20)[19] damage
    (1d20)[3]
    If not paralyzed, Stratos sings again, again on Tina.
    (1d20)[16]

Stratos is paralyzed! Stratos is down to 5 HP!

The archen slowly gets back up, looking at the two humans.
    "Strong friends, pink thing. Rawk!"
    It hops up on a shoulder, Pete.
    "Can teach me to be strong too?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-17 at 12:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Alright, I challenge you myself now." Kara said as she stepped onto the battlefield.

Alright, let's go! Release the wrap and fall back! Kara said as she jumped into the air and swung out at the pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

KARA PUNCH!
    Accuracy: (1d20)[17] vs 5+2
    Damage: (2d8+1)[6]

Capture check: (1d100)[1]

Edit: HELL YES! Finally, those ones paid off.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-17 at 12:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Stratos blinks, before slowly bowing his head in acknowledgement. You have made the bond.
    You notice a litwick watching you.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Ambrule floats over to Kara off of her ledge. "Hm, punching a Pokémon in order to become their friend. Can't say I'm a fan of it. I don't think we were really introduced before; I'm Ambrule." The Litwick begins circling Kara, then began looking over her team.

Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara glanced at the Litwick watching her wondering who it was. However, it answered her question before she could ask. It isn't really a normal punch. Kara stated as she moved over to heal the Stratos. In fact, as strong as Stratos is I doubt I even hurt or did any damage. Kara notes, To the contrary the point of the punch is to channel ones strength and emotion to form a bond of friendship and loyalty. To show that I won't just have my friends fight but will fight by their side. It shows I'm willing to fight for my friends and also shows my dedication and the strength of my resolve. The punch isn't too damage, but instead to send emotions and open the soul.

Finishing up with Altaria she looked over at the seven pokemon. Even with her ability to control a pack this was more than she could handle at the moment. She knew that she'd have to send one of her friends back home to Viridian to visit after her trip once they docked.

It's a bond over respect, unlike pokeballs which are a bond over slavery and entrapment. Stratos, Tina, Alba, Toga, Chuchu, Zayne, and Star can leave at any time they wish. They are still free, they are merely my companions and friends. Kara notes, Compare that to pokeballs where the human considers themselves to be a 'Master' and tosses the pokemon in a PC to be stored and studied when they don't need them. My friends are free and loyal to me just like I am loyal to them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yippie for auto-loyalty boost as a wild child :D

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, telepathy? And a two way connection. Alright, I guess that works too. I kinda prefer talking verbally, but whatever." Hm, still not a fan, but if it works for them, great.

My trainer is quite friendly. We've fought alongside each other. As a psychic he actually suffers pain just by helping me, so to not care about that and do more than give commands certainly helps form a bond. It's not slavery and entrapment is, though I have met some who felt differently. Zachariah actually hates the Pokéball, but it's a legality for most people, so he goes along with it. After we're caught, we only go back in them if we're hurt or need to hide.

The only unwilling members of our team in...judge, ten years have been Bullet and Nox, and Bullet was my doing, not his. Even Nox, he sounded like he was trying to befriend him. I don't think he has ever refered to himself as our Master. He keeps telling Bullet to stop calling him it, actually, but Bullet keeps it up, so we just ignore it now.

"Oh, speaking of Nox, the main reason I'm here: Zachariah can't seem to communicate with him, not even telepathically, and neither can anyone else on our team. You seemed to get along with Pokémon pretty well so we decided to try and see if you could get through to him."
    The Litwick stops observing everyone on Kara's team and floats at eye level.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-17 at 06:12 PM.

Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Suddenly Kara realizes the pokemon was actually talking. "Oh...sorry, it was a habit. I was distracted healing Stratos who can also talk and didn't even notice it was my ears." Kara said outloud. "Really sorry, if you like talking like this we can do that. Forgive my lack of focus."

"Like I said the punch doesn't even damage my friend. I could hit a twig with that type of punch and it wouldn't snap. It's...well, you said your master was psychic so you'd understand. It is a form of psychic powers like my healing touch you saw me do to Stratos." Kara said pointing to the healed pokemon.

As she listened more she shrugged, "I've yet to meet a pokemon I couldn't communicate or befriend with." Kara stated, "However, if he doesn't wish to stay with Zachariah I will use my powers to free him. You need to realize that before you ask my help. I don't like it when pokemon are trapped and unable to lead. I can help try and form a bond between the two, but if one isn't formed I will make sure he is released." Kara states, "With that in mind do you still wish for my aid in talking to Nox?"