New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"He doesn't seem unhappy even. When I left he was happily playing with the other Pokémon. He just...doesn't talk. Not to me, Pyroclast, Lil' Helper, nobody.

You free him, eh? I don't think our team would take all to kindly to that. Zachariah is a good trainer. Right now he just wants to be able to communicate with him so they can bond. Can't say that preventing a bond from being formed in the first place is doing what's best really, can you. He told me to bring you, so I am. He should be nearly done running, so you can ask him yourself when we get there."
    The ghost slowly floats back to the deck, not waiting for further response.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"As I said, I'd help form a bond if Nox wanted it. I didn't say I'd free him instantly. If he is a good trainer and communicates and Nox wishes to stay he can. If Nox is only there due to the enslavement technology of a pokeball then I'll free him. I'm telling you the risk." Kara repeats. "If he is indeed happy and just doesn't communicate well with your trainer then it should be fine." She states. "Lead the way." Kara said nodding at the pokemon that she would follow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to guide me to him and we can start when I get there
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-17 at 07:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Once you get there, you find Lil' Helper and Era playing fetch with Nox, tossing the bone. Sometimes he brings back random pieces of the ship.
    Hey, it's Kara! Hi Kara!
    He waves, even as Nox brings back a life saver that he's chewing on.
    "ZWEIGH!" (ZWEIGH)
    Kara, you don't feel anything from Nox. You don't hear anything from Nox, which is a first.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

"So, any luck?" There is a bit of sarcasm in the Litwick's voice. For some reason she just doesn't like Kara.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-17 at 07:58 PM.

Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I just got here and haven't spoken to your trainer yet. Kara said calmly. "If you wish to be impatient I can leave now." She says calmly before looking for Zachariah.

"I've given Ambrule my requirements for helping, I feel you should know them as well."
    Kara states. She disliked speaking to a human, but it was a part of day to day life. "I will try and help form a bond with Nox, I will try and communicate with them to aid you. However, if this pokemon does not wish to be with you, I have the power to sever the bonds a pokeball holds on a pokemon." Kara states. "Do note that this will apply to each of your pokemon if you wish my help. I will sense their thoughts and opinions of you before I decide if I wish to help. Knowing the risk, do you still want my help?"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah is finishing his workout, currently doing jumping jacks rather than finishing his run so as to be able to talk to Kara.

"Well I assume Ambrule has spoken for herself. I have nothing to hide. I've treated them with the utmost respect, as though they were equals. The Pokéball is just a legality. Even if you severed that, the only one who would likely leave would be Nox due to us not having even bonded yet, or possibly Pyroclast due to him being new as well. But I believe I have been a good trainer." He finally stops his workout and walks over to collect his team. "Pyroclast, Bullet, Era, this girl wants to see if you think I have been a good trainer, and if not wants to seperate us."

"Why? You've been a great trainer. Even if I didn't want to join you at first, that was Ambrule that made me join, not you. You were just a little kid at the time anyways! You've grown into a good young man, and a great Master."
    "I told you 3,142 times, I am not your master. We are equals."
    "As you wish, Master." Zachariah just sighs and facepalms.

But I don't want to be seperated!
    "I don't either. But don't worry. She'll only do that if she finds that you don't want to be with me. If anyone stays, it will be you and Ambrule." Era hugs Zachariah's leg.

"Ma mar mag ma-mar, mag ma mar mag. Ma mag Agma mar ma marmagma. Mag ma gma. Gma mag, ma mag marg, mag ma mar. (You're a good trainer, even if I don't fully like you yet. As soon as Ambrule was poisoned you called her back and fought yourself, I knew you were a good trainer. That takes some guts. After that, the battle was just to see how strong you yourself were, not for how good a trainer you were.)"
    "I'm going to assume based on how that sounded that that was positively intended." The Magmar sighs and nods.

"Go on, talk to them yourself."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-17 at 09:40 PM.

Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara shrugs, "I was able to understand them. It's fine." Kara says glancing over each one. Unless something stood out as super wrong she'd move on.

Spoiler
    Show

Make a 1d20 roll and add your CHA modifier. On a result of 10 or higher, you will know if the Pokemon's Loyalty is 4. On a result of 20 or higher, you know the exact value of the Pokemon's Loyalty. You cannot trigger this feature on the same Pokemon twice within a given day.

Ambrule: (1d20+5)[17]
    Bullet: (1d20+5)[18]
    Era: (1d20+5)[24]
    Pyroclast: (1d20+5)[16]
    Nox: (1d20+5)[13]

She then looked at the two-headed pokemon. That seemed strange, with two heads it would have two minds. Perhaps that was why the psychic was having trouble. Still, with her ability to speak to the soul and understand pokemon she doubted it would matter.

Hello, my name is Kara. What are your names? I hear he calls you Nox. Do you both share names or separate names? Is this man mean to you?

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nox looks at you, curiously.
    "...ZWEIG." (ZWEIG)
    One head begins trying to eat your hair, while the other one sniffs the floor boards more. Rayne looks over.
    He's always had a bit of a speech impediment. It's probably because he doesn't have a united brain.

You sense an unbreakable bond with Ambrule, Bullet you can't quite get a fix on-probably the sarcasm he can muster up, you can't bring yourself to separate Era from her daddy. Pyroclast and Nox are hard to pin down, but you can at least tell the Magmar feels like giving it a shot. The Zweilous may not care either way, so long as he is fed.
    (Esprit may expand on this as he sees fit)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-18 at 12:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Fair enough. Even still, can he talk at all? Express emotions? I said I'd help this trainer with a bond and all his pokemon seem to enjoy him so I have no reason not to help him. Kara tells Zayne as she casually reaches up and moves her hair away and pets the dragon.

She glances back at the trainer before looking back at the dragon, So as long as you are fed you have no problems with this man? He hasn't hurt you? Kara ask, If both him and I fed you the same amount would you still desire to be with him?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Careful. I've seen zweilouses eat things snorlaxes wouldn't touch.
    One head looks bored and goes for a deck chair. The other seems to think.
    "ZWEIG."
    Such wisdom.
    Then it wanders towards Zach-and past, to begin chewing on a railing.
    Kind of like that.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah and Ambrule chuckle at Kara as she attempts to reason with the clearly uninterested dragon. "So how's that dialogue with Nox going?" He walks up to Nox and hands his left and right heads a sucker each. "A Joy said that the way to their heart is through their stomach. Seeing as it is frustraiting the heck out of you trying to talk to him, I'm going to guess it either has issues, or is just stuborn. Well I need to rest. You can keep playing with Nox. Bullet, keep an eye on both of them. If Nox does something stupid, keep him in line. If she does, the same. When they're done, come back to the room. Ambrule will wake me and I'll let you in. Nox is free to fly around the...nevermind, keep an eye on him through the night. We'll be up early, so it hopefully won't be too long, and then you can sleep as long as you want." He picks up Era and carries her to his room as Ambrule follows. Era tries to hug Zachariah, even if her arms are way too small to get a good hold. Bullet just sits by a fountain, watching. "Stop glaring at her. I don't like her, but she means well."
    "She threatened to seperate us!"
    "And would that change things one Iota? Would you or Bullet or Era have left if she did?"
    "Pyroclast and Nox might."
    "And it would have been their choice. Pyroclast said he wanted to find a good trainer. If a light suggestion from some wild girl is all it takes to disuade him, then maybe he would not have been the best teamate for us."
    The two just phase through the door to the room, bringing Era and Pyroclast along. It had been a long day. Pyroclast passed out on a slab of rock that had been placed in the room specially for fire types. Ambrule sat like a candle on the bedside table, with Era sleeping in the dim purple glow of the light. They'll get along just fine. Zachariah thinks to himself as he falls into a deep sleep.

Bullet continues to watch the antics of Kara try to communicate with Nox. He debates whether to add a remark or remain stoic.

Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara turns to speak, "Frustrating? Who said it was frustrating?" She asked her voice calm. "It has nothing to do with an inability to communicate." She nods at each head. "His intelligence is divided between two thus leaving him with a speech impediment and a hard time focusing." She replies, "He is capable of speech and is quite friendly actually. But due to the divided intelligence and lack of a single complete brain it leaves his mind only on primal instincts such as food." Kara states, "As such you'll have a hard time communicating with him not because of any flaws with you or your pokemon, but because that is simply how he is. Treat him well and you should be fine. As you've noticed thanks to the Joy, food is one of his primal instincts that even his divided brain can understand."

As Nox goes off to eat Kara simply watches with the rest of her pokemon. She looks over at Bullet and smiles politely before turning her attention to her pokemon. She didn't like Zachariah. She had only been saying that if his pokemon hated him due to poor treatment and cruelty she would free them. She hadn't been saying she would separate them from him if they had wanted to stay. As such they probably all had a poor opinion of her. Add to that the fact that what she had stated about the brains was probably something he already knew, it meant that he had just wanted her to show her powers to tease and make fun of her because it wasn't a full conversation. Then his final comments about her doing something stupid had also stung. Had he just called her to show off a pokemon that was tricky to communicate with and then mock her?

"Let's go see Nurse Joy. I can only heal so much and let's save it in case we need it in a hurry." She said as if nothing was wrong before turning to leave the room. She didn't want the jerk's pokemon to see she was upset and tell him, he would probably just laugh more and enjoy it.

Upon leaving the room she went to where Nurse Joy was to have her heal each of her pokemon.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Quick thing. Nurses aren't all Nurse Joy. Joy is a nickname for medics derived from a college most pokecenters hire from. Jennies are any police force.)
    Lil' Helper follows Kara, watching her.
    Sorry 'bout Cousin Zach. I think your way of introducing yourself made him a bit angry though.
    Together, you find a medic in the converted battle deck, taking a break and leaning against a seviper while letting a golduck wrap a bandage around his forehead. He spots you, and motions for the golduck to stop.
    "Looks like the break's over, Migraine. Need a hand with your pokemon, Miss?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-18 at 11:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yes please. I was able to give them all basic healing and get them in good shape, but I want my friends in the best shape possible." Kara said with a nod.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Alright, then."
    Pushing off of the seviper, he pulls out several items from pouches, and gets to work.
    Pokemon team healed to full! Any damage you have taken healed to full! Any status effects cured!
    Once he's done, the golduck brings him a cane.
    "Now stay out of trouble, understand?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-18 at 04:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Awww...that's no fun though..." Kara teases before running off to find the Pokemon Safari Zone guy.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You find him sitting near his grovyle, who he's trying to stop from fussing over the bandages on Belfast's shoulder. The grovyle spots you first, and narrows its eyes.
    Here to accuse Boss some more?
    You...may not have made the best impression on this pokemon last time.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Says the one accusing me? I was merely trying to make sure he didn't hurt you. Do you honestly believe that every trainer out there is a good person? Are you really upset because I like to check and make sure that pokemon aren't being hurt by a cruel trainer? It wasn't an accusation it was a question. Kara said with a frown. She wasn't thrilled with how people were trying to twist her words lately.

Kara glanced at his arm and sighed. "Let me see your arm." She said pointing at the injury. "I normally reserve my healing for pokemon, but I'll make an exception."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Then why ask as if you think all humans are cruel bastards? You can read our thoughts, yes, but leading the first conversation with "hey, is your trainer one of those evil heartless ones" is generally something average pokemon and trainers may take offense to. Very hit or miss way to go about things.
    "I'm well enough, and there're plenty of other wounded that could use that more. Taken worse from feraligators anyway, mate. But have you thought on my offer?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-18 at 06:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

To the contrary that was not how I started our conversation. I said hello, asked your name, told you mine, commented on having not seen a pokemon like you, and then asked if he treated you fine and was a good man. We had seen him chasing scared pokemon, can you blame us for thinking he was a poacher? Kara said. If you wish to believe I'm such a cruel mean person at least have a good reason for it. Kara said with a frown. She was starting to get upset again after having calmed down from dealing with Zachariah.

She then looked back at the strange man. "I'm sorry all the chaos of the recent attack mixed with a run in with a certain trainer has caused my mind to be a bit stressed. What offer?" She asked trying to mask the fact that she was upset. "And regardless, I'm here right now and can help. Let me see your arm." She pointed at the Grovyle, "If not for me then for him."

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

...You see, that part? The part at the end? No one told me that part.
    The grovyle calms down considerably at that.
    I'm sorry for getting you riled, but as far as I knew, it was just out of nowhere. Forgive my accusations.
    "It'd make me feel better if others would be taken care of first, but if it'll calm Verdant down..."
    He offers his shoulder to you.
    "I was talking about the job offer as interpreter to pokemon, maybe bringing any you find in your journey in need of protecting to the Safari Zone safe zone."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I can use this light healing power of mine multiple times before I need to rest so don't worry." She says touching his arm and causing a light glow as she tried to heal it. "As for the offer it'd definitely be interesting. I don't need to do it as a job though, I'm always willing to make new friends and that would give me the chance to meet a lot of pokemon. As long as my friends were fed and taken care of I'd do it willingly." Kara states, "Not sure how long because I got a family over in Viridian, but I'd definitely be willing to come by every so often and help."

She looked back at the Grovyle, No...no...it's not your fault. I've been stressed out because of another trainer and his pokemon also getting snappy at me. I'm sorry I didn't make it more clear why I was asking.

Spoiler
    Show

Light healing power 3/4 times remaining
    (1d12+10)[14]

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

While the shoulder is under bandages that obscure if it healed or not, it does move easier.
    "Thank you. If you wish to volunteer then, that's great, though I can at least pick up any traveling fees for you. Drop by Fuchsia City and I can show you the place, from the safe zone to the release zone."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"That sounds wonderful!" Kara said with a grin. "Like I said, I'd love to do it a lot, I just can't guarantee I'm able to be there all the time since my family in Viridian needs me also."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I understand fully. Just so long as you are willing to help at all, this is great. Maybe you could even start a new branch there."
    He offers his unbandaged arm.
    "Welcome to the Safari Zone crew!"

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Thanks for the invite!" Kara said with a smile. "Did you ever catch the pokemon you were chasing after?"

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I was about to get to them, but then the ship got lifted up and, well...suffice to say, taking a braviary's claws in the shoulder set up all new distractions. Have you seen them, by any chance?"

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"No, but I can help look for them. Do you have anything of theirs so that I can give Alba their sent? She could help track them down in that case and perhaps I could calm them down. They are probably freaking out now thanks to the attack..." Kara says sadly as she worries about the pokemon.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You saw one jump into a pokeball owned by Tesla in front of your eyes. Just a reminder.
    "Well, I have the carriers I was using earlier."
    He rummages around his belt before pulling out a pair of pokeballs. He releases a pair of poochyena from them.
    "Meet the twins, Niko and Miko. You two still have the scent, right?"
    "Yena!"
    They begin sniffing around. One stops in front of you.
    "Wait...you ran into one?"

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(You guys keep doing anything IC that you're doing, or you can skip ahead, but we're moving on now.)
    Over the next eight hours, the ship rocks and moans. Each minute, more and more of the invading fliers take off, disappearing back to where they came from. But eventually, after night falls, the first signs of civilization appear, and those uninjured enough to get above deck look and spread the news.
    Upon your final approach, the last of Rayquaza's retinue leaves, and he coasts low. On the shore, there are several emergency vehicles, their lights reflected off the sea around you. Tony clambers off Rayquaza's head, and the great dragon lowers the ship down into the water. Still keeping it afloat, Rayquaza guides the ship to land from beneath the waves, and with a shuddering halt, the SS finally comes to a halt on the shore.
    As people get unloaded by the waiting emergency crews, the group feels a slight tug. Looking behind them, they watch Rayquaza silently lift out of the water and back into the sky.
    Due to the sudden arrival of so many, and the fact that you as a group are not notably injured, you're driven to the pokemon center. Over the next two days, several investigators asked you questions in between your own things-about the Rockets you beat, about the events around the crash, about Rayquaza. On the news, survivors talk about it, and images of Rayquaza flying the ship down to a safe height keep replaying over and over on the news, with headlines commenting quite a bit on the fact that a legend showed itself to the world so easily. Tony disappears for one day with the acquired Machop egg upon Turbo at some point, saying something about his grandfather missing having a disciple. He came back with his team looking slightly stronger, Reaper at home, and a poochyena in tow.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-19 at 11:17 PM.